IGNORED

Jill, Derick, Israel and the Shower Rack- Part 21

samurai_sarah

Oh Derick, teach your children whatever you want, but don't take the joy and magic away from those of us who still believe. I don't tell you or your child that your beliefs are crazy. Show some respect for others.

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh I thought Jill had the better husband at first but Jessa might have actually won out in the long run. Although neither is really a prize. Derrik, why you gotta be like that? Hes going to bring on a whole mountain of social media hatred. I bet the magazines even pick this up. 

I guess Derick has never heard of Saint Nicholas? Come on, Veggie Tales told us all about him!

Spoiler

It's just a tweet. If he's yelling it at kids in the line to see Santa that's one thing, but who cares what he says about Santa on twitter?

16 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

It's just a tweet. If he's yelling it at kids in the line to see Santa that's one thing, but who cares what he says about Santa on twitter?

Because why!!!! There is literally no reason ever to tell people Santa doesn't exist. It's the definition of trolling. I mean he trolling for Jesus but still. 

I'm sure most of the people that believe in Santa doesn't read twitter. But as a person who believes as much in Santa as I do in God (maybe even a bit more in Santa then in the God Derick belives in) I say: way to throw rocks around in your glass house Derick!

18 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

can you see Derick in a mall screaming at people saying this 

funny thing I can 

Derick, honey, I believe in neither Santa Claus as a supernatural being (though Saint Nicholas existed) nor God. But I'm not going to be a dick about it on Twitter. Either change your password if you were hacked, or quit Azealia Banks-ing it up on social media (and don't say you were hacked as an excuse).

29 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

I guess, but why say it if not for attention? He wants something.

Well, my elementary school-aged daughter glanced at my phone while we cuddled before bedtime and saw Derick's tweet... I now have to comfort a little girl who is crying so hard that you'd think Santa died. Any tips on how to approach the "Santa is/isn't real" talk? :my_cry:

I love the Skeptic's Dictionary's take on Santa:

http://skepdic.com/santa.html

In case you don't read the page, the Skeptic's Dictionary says It's a miracle!

They don't want to spoil any kid's belief in Santa because that would not be cool!

@AshSC, I am so sorry about what your little girl saw.  I don't have any words of wisdom though.

@AshSC, try this:Honey, has Santa ever let you down? Then how can he can he not be real. This person (Dillidiot) doesn't believe in Santa, so you know what? Santa doesn't believe him.

20 minutes ago, AshSC said:

Well, my elementary school-aged daughter glanced at my phone while we cuddled before bedtime and saw Derick's tweet... I now have to comfort a little girl who is crying so hard that you'd think Santa died. Any tips on how to approach the "Santa is/isn't real" talk? :my_cry:

I mean, maybe I'm not the best counsel because I was a little cynic/Jew as a kid who had to be told not to "spoil it for [my] Christian/younger cousins", but maybe tell her that even if there isn't literally a magical fat guy in a red suit with flying reindeer and gifts for well-behaved children, the spirit of giving is real, the spirit of wonder and faith and believing that anything is possible is real, and that the true lesson and message of Santa Claus is that Christmas is a time to be generous and let go of cynicism just for one night. And there's nothing more real and true than that.

35 minutes ago, AshSC said:

Tell her that he is just a grinch. He knew that he was getting coal for Christmas so he tried to ruin it for everyone. Or something to that extent. 

Honestly, Derick you dickwad, I know you're an awful human being but I'll let you know something, Santa is real. No there's not a real magical being who gives toys to children. Santa is the spirit of the giving season, he is what makes us all a little lighter and childlike in December. He's in that donation that you give to the Salvation Army Bells or the SPCA calendar that you buy. Santa is the joy in children's eyes as they open presents, the hug that you get from a loved one you haven't seen in a while. Santa may not be a real person but you bet he's here. 

BTW: I checked, he deleted it! But he's still a POS 

2 hours ago, MiddleAgedLady said:

Oh my gosh! Did you see what Derick tweeted?

Is he on his way to confiscate Spurgeon's Christmas stocking from the mantel?  Or does Baby Jesus fill the stockings instead of that fake guy in a jolly red suit.  Derick, you are a bah humbug.

13 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Tell her that he is just a grinch. He knew that he was getting coal for Christmas so he tried to ruin it for everyone. Or something to that extent. 

Honestly, Derick you dickwad, I know you're an awful human being but I'll let you know something, Santa is real. No there's not a real magical being who gives toys to children. Santa is the spirit of the giving season, he is what makes us all a little lighter and childlike in December. He's in that donation that you give to the Salvation Army Bells or the SPCA calendar that you buy. Santa is the joy in children's eyes as they open presents, the hug that you get from a loved one you haven't seen in a while. Santa may not be a real person but you bet he's here. 

BTW: I checked, he deleted it! But he's still a POS 

I hate to be a Debbie Downer, but don't donate to the Salvation Army. They've advocated for gay conversion therapy, tried to pull out of NYC after the law mandated them to give benefits to LGBT employees in marriages/partnerships, abused children in orphanages they ran in Australia, and turned down Twilight and Harry Potter toys donated to them.

Does Derick seem angry? What has gotten into him? Maybe he was always like this? I wonder if the criticisms about the missionary funds and criticism about his weight have turned him into a defensive, self-righteous person.

Donate to Goodwill instead-I know for a fact that they're trans-friendly! My son, Kiddo, and his cosplay crew work there!

So, Derick can't even back up his own shit about SANTA for crissakes. Post deleted, but not before a friend of mine and I were banned for speaking out against his stupidity. Leghumpers thought he was hacked (WTF? A hacker would do better than talk about Santa not being real), that he was parroting other people's ideas, and posted an article from the WaPo about the preacher who yelled at the kids. 

What a weak reed for Jesus that one is. No wonder Jill can't keep her shit together. Her husband is basically just as useless. 

eta: No big loss, as I almost never tweet and never read his stuff unless directed to it, as I was on another board tonight. 

26 minutes ago, eye_browz said:

Does Derick seem angry? What has gotten into him? Maybe he was always like this? I wonder if the criticisms about the missionary funds and criticism about his weight have turned him into a defensive, self-righteous person.

He's always had a self-righteous streak to him, but this is pretty out there, even for him. I'm wondering if there's something up.

Jill posted her favourite Psalm on Instagram 'cause " it's been a tough day", and Derick is all "Cover up!", "There is no S_____" "None of us were born ready to be married"!

Sounds like a fun day in the Dillard household.

4 minutes ago, SamiKatz said:

Jill posted her favourite Psalm on Instagram 'cause " it's been a tough day", and Derick is all "Cover up!", "There is no S_____" "None of us were born ready to be married"!

Her bible verse, combined with her comments about having a bad day but Derick making it better, made it look like she probably got some bad news on the EPT front. She probably hasn't been the easiest person to live with today. 

6 minutes ago, SamiKatz said:

Maybe she realized she married a selfish self-righteous asshole?

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived