IGNORED

Jill, Derick, Israel and the Shower Rack- Part 21

samurai_sarah

I'm catholic and apart from saying Hail Mary at prayers in the morning along with the Lord's Prayer I don't recall worshipping Mary. 

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Glasgowghirl said:

I'm catholic and apart from saying Hail Mary at prayers in the morning along with the Lord's Prayer I don't recall worshipping Mary. 

THAT's how they get you!  The Pope uses his evil Satan Whore of Babylon powers to make you THINK you aren't worshiping Mary, but actually you ARE!  I bet you THINK you went and got coffee and donuts after mass generally, huh?  BAMBOOZLED AGAIN IT WAS A BLACK MASS INFANT SACRIFICE!  

Catholic Black Mass Infant Sacrifice brought to you by Candy Brauer, who reminds you that only half-demon aliens can become Pope.

(I grew up Catholic as well)

26 minutes ago, Georgiana said:

No, you've heard of Wrong Jesus.  Let Jill and Derick tell you about RIGHT Jesus. 

I am really bad at typing clearly on my phone. I meant that he thinks he is bringing Jesus to Catholics as though they have never heard of Jesus. I am a Catholic as well and know we are always talking about Jesus. 

18 minutes ago, Georgiana said:

THAT's how they get you!  The Pope uses his evil Satan Whore of Babylon powers to make you THINK you aren't worshiping Mary, but actually you ARE!  I bet you THINK you went and got coffee and donuts after mass generally, huh?  BAMBOOZLED AGAIN IT WAS A BLACK MASS INFANT SACRIFICE!  

Catholic Black Mass Infant Sacrifice brought to you by Candy Brauer, who reminds you that only half-demon aliens can become Pope.

(I grew up Catholic as well)

Oh Candy.  She's such a treat.  

I remember my former church used to think Catholics were worshipping Mary and the wrong Jesus.  More in a pity party way than a judgmental way.  Even when I was a believer I found it confusing.  

9 hours ago, Tangy Bee said:

I was totally pissed off when I found out. But at the same time I was relieved because I was one of those kids who was kinda...scared of Santa. The whole coming down a chimney in the middle of the night did not set well with me! Felt the same way about the tooth fairy. Some weird chic/being...leaving money under my pillow. Just childhood stuff that's funny now. I would never tell other kids that Santa or the Easter Bunny are not real. Too be fair...there are some mean ass kids doing the same thing Derick is doing. 

You are a smart kid. Some old guy says "sit on my lap and I'll give you presents!" And he wants to break into your home!

I guess I'll finally jump into the Santa discussion. 

I'm the oldest of three, with a decent amount of spacing between siblings. Around the time my sister started making noise about this (I think she was in second grade), my Mom took me aside to talk to me. I confessed that I had figured it out a few years before, but was afraid I wouldn't get any presents if I said anything. I also didn't want to ruin things for my younger siblings. 

1 hour ago, PennySycamore said:

Somebody needs to tell Derick about the difference between latria, dull and hyperdulia.  Latria is adoration or worship and is reserved for the persons of the Holy Trinity.  Dulia is the veneration accorded the saint  and hyperdulia is the veneration due to the Blessed Virgin (Mary).  Dulia is related to the word doula and implies servanthood.  Protestants, even of the evangelical variety venerate their own people like, well, Charles Spurgeon or John Calvin.

From conversations I've had with people who are against veneration of Mary and the saints, they view it as too close for comfort to worship of Christ/God. The differentiation in practice isn't wide enough for them to view it as a completely separate thing, even if on paper there are different names, guidelines, etc. Personally, I see some good points from both sides of the argument.

What you say about the veneration of religious figures, even by some evangelicals, is a really interesting point. Where reverence for someone crosses into veneration and/or worship is definitely a very individual (or denominational) opinion.

I took his tweet as Derick got some bad news and thought he was being all ironic and bitter. Like maybe they were going to announce a pregnancy at Xmas, or some career opportunity just bit the dust, or (hope not) Cathy is sick again. 

Derick is such a self-absorbed and tone-deaf numbskull that he wouldn't have realized how his tweet sounded.  

I don't know, maybe I'm wrong. I need to ignore this dude. He's made me mad for 10 minutes and that's all I'll give him. 

1 hour ago, Snarkle Motion said:

You are a smart kid. Some old guy says "sit on my lap and I'll give you presents!" And he wants to break into your home!

Plus he spies on you. He sees you when you're sleeping and knows when you're awake! Who knows what else he's seen!!

Santa works for the NSA. :P 

Only read the last two pages, and kiddo wants my attention, so g2g soon ~ but is it possible that his twitter was hacked?  Even for him, I just don't see the "modest is hottest" comment - it just seems more like something we would say making fun of fundies ;p

As for Catholic - I was raised Catholic, but was stuck in a classroom full of southern evangelical protestants when I moved to a rural town in SC in middle school.  They told me I was going to Hell for worshiping Virgin Mary.  Jokes on them.  I don't believe in Hell :GPn0zNK:

Also, has anyone seen this pin (Santa via Pinterest) about how to tell the kiddos about Santa?  It's the direction hubby and I are leaning towards for our own kids :)

7 hours ago, Fundie Bunny said:

Eye colour is regulated by 6 independent genes. The combination of said genes gives the different fenotypes of the human population, ranging from black to green to hazel to blue and all of the dufferent tonalities that we can see every day. If a couple has blue eyes (and i mean true blue eyes, not light green that looks like blue) they can and will only have blue eyed children. Of course this is also a trait affect ed by the enviroment, but the effect it has will be mínima and will only vary the tone.

Source: Class on genetics of population against mendelian traits

My hubs and I both have true blue, blue eyes.

We have a child that has green eyes. Both of us have/had a blue eyed parent (in my hub's case both parents)- my dad has dark brown eyes, and I do have a brother with green eyes too.

2 hours ago, Glasgowghirl said:

This always confused me as well. "But you worship those other than God!"

But intercession of the Saints isn't worship, it's the belief that these beings can pray for you or intercede on your behalf. It's still praying to God. The criticism doesn't match with what's purported to be going on.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived