IGNORED

Jill, Derick, Israel and the Shower Rack- Part 21

samurai_sarah

Spoiler

I thought @nst was kidding but no she did. I put the instagram post behind a spoiler, it is just the pictures that were released at the time. However, I thought it might be triggering for some, hence the spoiler. It's basically an anti-abortion post. 

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, nst said:

jill posted that she misses jubliee because today is her birthday 

then she showed a picture 

Half of me thinks it's very sweet that she remembered Jubilee. The other half of me finds it a bit odd/sad that they haven't even done a token "you have a servant's heart and lurves you some Jeebus, happy birthday whichever kid you are" post for Josie, but Jubilee gets center stage.

I always wonder why they dont say they have 21 kids. Jubilee gets mentioned every now and then. Caleb only seems to be remembered when they are questioned why they stopped birth control. 

26 minutes ago, FleeJanaFree said:

I always wonder why they dont say they have 21 kids. Jubilee gets mentioned every now and then. Caleb only seems to be remembered when they are questioned why they stopped birth control. 

I THINK it's because "Caleb" was a miscarriage very early on in the pregnancy when there was no gender yet, whereas Jubilee was stillborn with a gender and name. But you're right that if life starts at conception as they believe then it shouldn't matter

WTF Jill, baby blue eyes? A fetus has fused eyes until roughly 25 weeks gestation. 

Liar, liar skirts on fire!!!

Oh and what about the living, youngest sister, Josie who had her B-day on the 10th??? No birthday wishes for a living sister?

@SassyPants, you are right to call Jill out about the blue eyes bit.  My very early premie daughter had fused eyelids for about 2 weeks after she was born.  The residents in the NICU at that time still remembered her for that  years later. 

And you're also right about her not remembering Josie on her birthday.  She should remember that Josie has come so far in just surviving.

46 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

WTF Jill, baby blue eyes? A fetus has fused eyes until roughly 25 weeks gestation. 

Liar, liar skirts on fire!!!

Oh and what about the living, youngest sister, Josie who had her B-day on the 10th??? No birthday wishes for a living sister?

ok thank you - you vision of goodness and heart 

you tell and speak the truth - THANK YOU !!

these people don't speak the truth - YOU DO 

I applaud you !! 

i react like that because SP will speak to the truth - since people like me have no idea about these issues. 

I could spout all day about property management - but this i have no clue 

3 hours ago, eleanora3 said:

I THINK it's because "Caleb" was a miscarriage very early on in the pregnancy when there was no gender yet, whereas Jubilee was stillborn with a gender and name. But you're right that if life starts at conception as they believe then it shouldn't matter

I think it was before they went down the uber fundy path and they edit that part out as much as possible 

I can't snark on someone for remembering a stillborn child. But when Jill does it...it just comes off an an anti-abortion post more than anything else. So that I do find to be annoying.

And yeah...weird that she didn't post anything for Josie's birthday.

3 minutes ago, ClaraOswin said:

I can't snark on someone for remembering a stillborn child. But when Jill does it...it just comes off an an anti-abortion post more than anything else. So that I do find to be annoying.

And yeah...weird that she didn't post anything for Josie's birthday.

i find jill not sensitive and just passive aggressive to a degree of superiority 

the towel rack needs to come to life and give her some needed compassion 

On 12/8/2016 at 10:13 PM, Jucifer said:

Yeah, I agree with you, NH. 

When I had my brush with cancer some years ago I did my treatments but I didn't feel like I was 'fighting' anything. It was just something I had to do. It sucked and I endured it. I'm glad to be done with it and I don't want any medals.  ;)

DH and I didn't tell anyone except our families and our closest friends and whoever else absolutely needed to know. It was bad enough that I had cancer, I didn't feel like being anyone's hero.  

I think all that stuff makes people on the periphery of the disease feel better, it doesn't do much for the sufferer. I understand that. I've been on both sides. 

Every year when October rolls around I have to brace myself for all the pink business and just concentrate on Halloween. :)

Exactly what it was like for me, and exactly how I feel today. I never felt brave; it was just something to get through. No glory, no guts, just endurance.

I can't help but think that maybe Jill acknowledged the loss of Jubilee because she can relate in a way... That's just speculation, though. 

25 minutes ago, Gillyweed said:

I can't help but think that maybe Jill acknowledged the loss of Jubilee because she can relate in a way... That's just speculation, though. 

I also suspect there was a time in Central America when she may have suffered a miscarriage. It was when her parents visited her shortly after but it's totally me reading between the lines.

However if I remember correctly this isn't Jills first "remember Jubilee" post. It feels to me like her way of sucking up to her parents, her mom in particular, but that's just my take on it. I'd kind of like to see how the other siblings respond to Jill's post. 

1 hour ago, Snarkle Motion said:

I also suspect there was a time in Central America when she may have suffered a miscarriage. It was when her parents visited her shortly after but it's totally me reading between the lines.

However if I remember correctly this isn't Jills first "remember Jubilee" post. It feels to me like her way of sucking up to her parents, her mom in particular, but that's just my take on it. I'd kind of like to see how the other siblings respond to Jill's post. 

I think the loss of Jubilee had a significant emotional impact on Jill. She was a "midwife apprentice" during the Jubilee pregnancy and had been listening to the heartbeat at home, plus she was present for the delivery. 

who was going to be jubilee's sister-mom aka buddy? was it jill? if so, she probably feels like she lost her own baby, which she kind of did.

Pregnancy loss at 18 weeks is a miscarriage, not stillbirth. Period. I don't doubt that it was a painful loss for everyone involved, but like @ClaraOswin said, the post comes off as personhood-begins-at-conception propaganda. 

On 12/11/2016 at 4:02 PM, Bad Wolf said:

She also nursed when they visited a public school. Some people on FJ thought it was OK, some didn't. That was the time one of the students asked what was their favorite book........Waiting for Prince Charming.

While I wouldn't choose to nurse in an elementary school classroom, I don't see the problem. There are always women nursing in the living room of my boys' preschool and I have never seen or heard a kid even ask what was happening. Lots of little kids have baby siblings or friends with baby siblings, so they know what's going on. And as with almost everything, if a kid sees something they don't understand they ask what it is, and if they get a straightforward answer, they accept it and move on. 

Last year my kid asked about marriage, and I said boys marry girls, boys marry boys, girls marry girls, or you don't have to get married. They were just like "Oh!" 

I can't recall what age kids Michelle nursed in front of, but they must have been older if Jill was talking about that Prince Charming book. Honestly, anything to make people lose their stupid hangups about breastfeeding is fine with me.

I don't care where women decide to breastfeed. But I always hated seeing Michelle walking around with the kid held up on one of those pillows. Because I am pretty sure there's a warning that says you should NOT do that.

13 minutes ago, ClaraOswin said:

I don't care where women decide to breastfeed. But I always hated seeing Michelle walking around with the kid held up on one of those pillows. Because I am pretty sure there's a warning that says you should NOT do that.

I feel like those walking pillow breastfeeding thing are.....disrespectful to the child when they are used.....on a float in a parade. You can't bother to sit and give the infant the attention  he/she deserves??? Or, maybe you have too many children to do that. 

22 minutes ago, ClaraOswin said:

You're right about the MyBrestFriend having a warning that they are not to be used unless mother is sitting down, @ClaraOswin.  it appeared that Michelle was nursing with as little body contact with the baby as possible.  Which baby was it anyway?  

I think what's so annoying about Michelle and the dangling baby legs is that it was likely more for show than about feeding the baby. She was never cuddling the baby but just letting them eat. There was no sense of a mother/baby bonding time. Everything the Duggars do scream look at me. 

Just now, socalrules said:

I think what's so annoying about Michelle and the dangling baby legs is that it was likely more for show than about feeding the baby. She was never cuddling the baby but just letting them eat. There was no sense of a mother/baby bonding time. Everything the Duggars do scream look at me. 

this is always how i felt about Michelle - she never was real she was just about show. 

the girls are not like that exactly - except if Jessa makes Spud say hi to the humpers more often then we know something is up 

On 12/8/2016 at 2:04 PM, freedom_for_all said:

Oh my another non cheese eater!!!!! Although I am not as picky about cheese as I used to be. And I use the "no cheeseburgers for Jews" line even though I'm not kosher.

Other than that I'm a pretty adventurous eater!

So I'm not alone my dislike of cheese. I like fake cheese like Kraft singles for grilled cheese only. that liquid cheese they put on nachos, Velveeta, that kind of "cheese" other than that I don't get the appeal of fermented milk. I don't like milk either. 

I have a 1 month old, I find that run around trying to do thing makes the nipple fall out of the baby's mouth  or makes the baby spit up. It had to be for show. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived