IGNORED

Jana's future part 2

samurai_sarah

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, karen77 said:

Can you imagine Jim Bob trying to exert control over Tebow? Or his jealousy that Tebow is more famous? Or what the wedding would be like, with all of his former teammates there? Big muscular men with tattoos towering over JB. Okay I just convinced myself this needs to happen. :pb_lol: 

And Tebow and Jeremy could have arguments over what's better, football/soccer or American football! I'm also still weirded out that Tebow now plays baseball.

7 minutes ago, HarryPotterFan said:

Can you imagine Jim Bob trying to exert control over Tebow? Or his jealousy that Tebow is more famous? Or what the wedding would be like, with all of his former teammates there? Big muscular men with tattoos towering over JB. Okay I just convinced myself this needs to happen. :pb_lol: 

And Tebow and Jeremy could have arguments over what's better, football/soccer or American football! I'm also still weirded out that Tebow now plays baseball.

Plays baseball badly...I really hope that they aren't prepping us for an announcement because I think that Jana deserves better than Tebow. Poor girl, that's all she'd want. 

Tim Tebow may annoy me but not even I would wish a Duggar woman on him. Why would he want a woman who is basically a 13 year-old girl? He may spend a lot of time talking about God but I am sure he has many other interests. Why marry someone who will not? Jana is pretty, and seems nice, but what else is there for her to offer Tebow other than her virginity?  Why should that be enough? It wouldn't be enough for any of us and I doubt it would be enough for his family.

I know everyone wants a great man for the Duggar women but isn't that also asking the man to want less in a woman? It means marrying a woman who has never even made an adult decision, cannot financially contribute to the household, has no frame of reference as to world events and will need her husband to be a father figure. Its marrying an legally adult child to have children with. It's marrying someone you could not trust to stand up and make adult decisions if necessary because they would not know how. How can you be in partnership where you have to spend years teaching them adult behavior and responsibility?  Honestly, any man that wants that has something seriously wrong with them. I know I am coming off harsh but I just don't see what Tebow or any rational man, would want with a Duggar woman at this stage in her life. 

1 hour ago, karen77 said:

About time that Tebow pushes forward with this marriage thing. Honestly, I have sent tweets that he should look into Jana. Hahaha No joke.

But, Jana wants a man who works with his hands, so Tebow may not be the one.

37 minutes ago, AnnaRuk09 said:

Is the tebow talk speculation or is there some kind of lead I missed?

There was speculation a couple of years ago that Tim Tebow and Jana were getting to know each other. It was because JB and J'chelle were in a picture with Tebow's Mom. It was nothing but the rumours pop up every now and again. Or we bring them back up for lols. 

3 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

There was speculation a couple of years ago that Tim Tebow and Jana were getting to know each other. It was because JB and J'chelle were in a picture with Tebow's Mom. It was nothing but the rumours pop up every now and again. Or we bring them back up for lols. 

Oh ok i remember that. Given the recent talk on this thread, I thought I missed something. Tebow seems nice but I think Jana wants someone private and simple I guess you could say, someone similar to herself in a way. 

2 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Actually, that picture came out after someone here made a joke about it, which made it even funnier, at the time. I can't remember who it was or how it was worded, but I *think* it started as a joke about how the tabloids used FJ as a source and how funny it would be to start a crazy rumor and see them with egg on their face if they reported it as fact. 

1 minute ago, justodd said:

Actually, that picture came out after someone here made a joke about it, which made it even funnier, at the time. I can't remember who it was or how it was worded, but I *think* it started as a joke about how the tabloids used FJ as a source and how funny it would be to start a crazy rumor and see them with egg on their face if they reported it as fact. 

Hahah that's even better! No wonder it's a running joke! :) 

On 10/28/2016 at 2:53 AM, alba said:

I'm cautiously optimistic about Jana's tattoo parlour. Gothardism doesn't 100% disallow paid employment for women. Erin Paine teaches piano lessons even after marriage, while her sister Michael was a nanny at least up until marriage and possibly still is. I'm not sure on the exact rules, but things that take you away from your children and husband or that require you to submit to an ungodly man are big no-nos, so an unmarried woman running her own business would be acceptable.

This is true. I had a friend who talked to Gothard about this (I think she went on a Journey to the Heart or something similar). She wanted to have her own cafe and Gothard told her that would be acceptable while she was unmarried but once she was married she needed to focus on her husband and children first.

I think Jana has said in a TH that she has had some who were interested, but that she wasn't interested in them. 

I don't know if I agree that she has rejected the cult or the religion, but I do think she is not interested in marrying and having a bunch of her own kids.  Or, at least I hope she feels that way , because if not the alternative would be that she is being prevented from courting by JB and M in order to serve as the designated SAHD

Her siblings have said that Jana is picky.  Given who Jim Bob has selected or agreed to for the other marriages, I really don't blame her.

2 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

Her siblings have said that Jana is picky.  Given who Jim Bob has selected or agreed to for the other marriages, I really don't blame her.

Very true.  If I were her, looking at Derick, Ben and likely Jeremy, I would not trust my dad to pick out my mate.  I don't think Jana is blind nor do I think she is stupid.  Jill's live looks and sounds like a nightmare.  Jessa has an immature husband, and soon 2 kids.  She seems relatively happy about her life, but if Jana has any good powers of observation she must see that Ben is no great catch.  Jeremy?  Who  knows?  We haven't seen his true colors yet. 

But it is my impression that Jana is not impressed with Jinger's over the top antics. 

12 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

And I'm sure that the choices have not gotten any better since the Josh scandals have broken. Ugh I mean Jeremy? Stay picky Jana! You can do better. 

11 hours ago, calimojo said:

Very true.  If I were her, looking at Derick, Ben and likely Jeremy, I would not trust my dad to pick out my mate.  I don't think Jana is blind nor do I think she is stupid.  Jill's live looks and sounds like a nightmare.  Jessa has an immature husband, and soon 2 kids.  She seems relatively happy about her life, but if Jana has any good powers of observation she must see that Ben is no great catch.  Jeremy?  Who  knows?  We haven't seen his true colors yet. 

But it is my impression that Jana is not impressed with Jinger's over the top antics. 

I could maybe see Jana with a Chad Paine type

I could maybe see Jana with a Chad Paine type

There were rumours that Jana was actually after Chad.

I think they'd be perfect, really.

However, when she does marry, it she marries a fundie I foresee it will be to someone deep in the cult like Brandon Keilen or TFDW.

19 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Plays baseball badly...I really hope that they aren't prepping us for an announcement because I think that Jana deserves better than Tebow. Poor girl, that's all she'd want. 

didn't he get a home run at his first at bat?

3 minutes ago, QuiverDance said:

didn't he get a home run at his first at bat?

Yes but there were later reports that he was just signed for his name and that he was ages and ages behind the guys that he was playing with. He has the strength but he doesn't have the fielding and I'm pretty sure he's signed to the Mets so it's not like he could be a DH. Someone correct me if I'm wrong about the team. I think the last time I read something it said he had the worst batting average in the league that he was in. 

DH being desiginated hitter

5 hours ago, actuallyjessica said:

There were rumours that Jana was actually after Chad.

I think they'd be perfect, really.

However, when she does marry, it she marries a fundie I foresee it will be to someone deep in the cult like Brandon Keilen or TFDW.

Unfortunately, that's what I think too. Whenever (if?) Jana starts courting and we here at FJ learn who the guy is, we're gonna wish that Jana was still single. I don't know why, but I think Jana's would be the worst and marinated in the Kool-Aid. :( 

53 minutes ago, Fluffypaws said:

Unfortunately, that's what I think too. Whenever (if?) Jana starts courting and we here at FJ learn who the guy is, we're gonna wish that Jana was still single. I don't know why, but I think Jana's would be the worst and marinated in the Kool-Aid. :( 

What's the meaning of 'koolaid'? It's funny because so many people thought Jinger was going to be the one who would break away. What happened? She courted and now getting married and just like you said, people are wishing that things were back the way they were cause she's hit the point of no return. After that, people put their hope in Jana.

People praised her for not getting hitched, assuming that it was because she didn't want to care after more children or submit to another male. But she has said in the recent past that she really wants to be married and have kids. I think we have it all wrong here at fj. The same exact thing is going to happen to Jana and she's gonna be the one hat it's the wall he HARDEST. I feel like she and whoever she marries will be a JB+M 2.0 on steroids. 

1 hour ago, AnnaRuk09 said:

What's the meaning of 'koolaid'? 

Koolaid just means submerged in fundie culture. Like I'd say that Derrick really started drinking the koolaid and it means that he's coming out as more and more fundie. 

What's the meaning of 'koolaid'?

Wikipedia: 

"Drinking the Kool-Aid" is a figure of speech commonly used in the United States of America that refers to any person or group who knowingly goes along with a doomed or dangerous idea because of peer pressure. The phrase oftentimes carries a negative connotation when applied to an individual or group. It can also be used ironically or humorously to refer to accepting an idea or changing a preference due to popularity, peer pressure, or persuasion. Educational leaders commonly use this phrase when attempting to describe the "buy-in" of new initiatives.

The phrase derives from the November 1978 Jonestown deaths,[1][2][3] in which over 900 members of the Peoples Temple, who were followers of Jim Jones, died, many of whom committed suicide by drinking a mixture of a powdered soft drink flavoring agent (either Kool Aid or Flavor Aid, a less expensive imitation or both) laced with cyanide (with the remainder, including 89 infants and elderly, killed by forced ingestion of the poison).[4][5]

What's the meaning of 'koolaid'? It's funny because so many people thought Jinger was going to be the one who would break away. What happened? She courted and now getting married and just like you said, people are wishing that things were back the way they were cause she's hit the point of no return. After that, people put their hope in Jana.

People praised her for not getting hitched, assuming that it was because she didn't want to care after more children or submit to another male. But she has said in the recent past that she really wants to be married and have kids. I think we have it all wrong here at fj. The same exact thing is going to happen to Jana and she's gonna be the one hat it's the wall he HARDEST. I feel like she and whoever she marries will be a JB+M 2.0 on steroids. 

I came here way after FJ was established, but I never got the feeling that Jinger would be "the one". I do believe Jana will be married eventually though. When she said she does want to be married and have kids, I believe that, but I also think others are right that she's just trying not to have an overfilled quiver.

On November 2, 2016 at 10:02 PM, Coconut Flan said:

Picky or has standards? :P 

• DaisyD locked this topic

Archived