IGNORED

Jana's future part 2

samurai_sarah

24 minutes ago, foreign fundie said:

Yes, the right age and I see so many story lines. Camilla and Michelle going shopping for the wedding outfit. Charles and Jim Bob discussing courtship rules, interrupted with flasbacks of Harry playing pool with no clothes. Facetime with the queen. William and Kate visit and eat chickenetti from paper plates. The howlers explore Buckingham palace. JD takes on Harry when he gives a 90° hug instead of a 180° one. Kate gives the J-slaves fashion advice. Harry introduces his new brothers-in-law to his Iraq buddies and they go shooting together. Jim Bob goes on a fox hunt. 

But all that would mean the show could get actually worth watching, heaven forbid.

I think if that happened, Jessa would self combust!!!:bedtime:

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just interesting they would buy a property containing a tattoo and piercing palor. A far departure from when they wouldn't sell alcohol in their convenience store years ago. Then there is the aspect of would they trust her to go collect the rent from less conservative members of society. Could you imagine the antics though one would be tempted to do if they knew Jim Bob was coming to collect the rent.

Worse. They didn't refuse to sell alcohol in their own convenience store. Michelle went into a store in Little Rock (while Josie was in the NICU, IIRC) and harassed the manager for selling alcohol.

On September 8, 2016 at 9:38 AM, tabitha2 said:

Maybe If Jana ever goes to Britain again and visits BP Prince Harry will be smitten ;)   

Honestly  Jana would be the perfect Royal bride... Dutiful, hard working, Harry could keep a mistress and she would put up with it. Instead of Daughters to raise her kids she could have  a couple of nannies and no one bat an eye. 

And Jana is beautiful and used to being in front of the camera. She could use Kate's designer for modest clothes. 

8 hours ago, alba said:

Worse. They didn't refuse to sell alcohol in their own convenience store. Michelle went into a store in Little Rock (while Josie was in the NICU, IIRC) and harassed the manager for selling alcohol.

Not quite.  Michelle went to an ABC board meeting to protest a convenience store near their house trying to get a license for alcohol.

Not quite.  Michelle went to an ABC board meeting to protest a convenience store near their house trying to get a license for alcohol.

Oh, my bad. It's been ages since I saw that episode! Thanks for clarifying.

19 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

I have no words. I don't remember this but that whole 'season of life' of theres was Josie this Josie that. They forgot they had 18 other children. I don't know how it is in Arkansas but here in NYC most convenience stores only make money on beer and stuff. Alcohol is where most of the money is made in restaurants too.

1 hour ago, OyToTheVey said:

I have no words. I don't remember this but that whole 'season of life' of theres was Josie this Josie that. They forgot they had 18 other children. I don't know how it is in Arkansas but here in NYC most convenience stores only make money on beer and stuff. Alcohol is where most of the money is made in restaurants too.

That's right, she would likely essentially be putting people out of business if she somehow put a stop to alcohol sales.

29 minutes ago, LilahBelle said:

That's right, she would likely essentially be putting people out of business if she somehow put a stop to alcohol sales.

If I was her and had 19 kids I couldn't manage, the manager of that convenience store would be my best friend. I'd beg him to give me alcohol discounts. It's the only way to survive 19 kids.

Prohibition in the 1920s and early 1930s is the reason why organized crime became so efficient. People didn't stop wanting alcohol, and gangsters saw how easy it was to make a dime off bootlegging to the masses.

But...you know...Jesus and such...

2 hours ago, CreationMuseumSeasonPass said:

Prohibition in the 1920s and early 1930s is the reason why organized crime became so efficient. People didn't stop wanting alcohol, and gangsters saw how easy it was to make a dime off bootlegging to the masses.

But now it's created some really creepy houses with weird tunnels in NYC lol So many people buy townhouses here and don't realize there's tunnels under them.

On September 14, 2016 at 11:14 AM, infooverload said:

So I had a thought, do you think this will conviently gifted to Jeremy and Jinger's as a wedding gift for him to start a church plant.

I like your reasoning.  Agreed.

On 9/14/2016 at 8:20 AM, CreationMuseumSeasonPass said:

What I have never understood is why people can't make their own decisions about alcohol (and other things). People like the Duggars already think everyone other than a few thousand people in their religion are going to hell, so what if the non heaven-bound drink some alcohol before they go?

11 hours ago, jqlgoblue said:

What I have never understood is why people can't make their own decisions about alcohol (and other things). People like the Duggars already think everyone other than a few thousand people in their religion are going to hell, so what if the non heaven-bound drink some alcohol before they go?

Jesus drank wine! because the water was nasty back then, but oh wait, my bad, that was grape juice.

On 13/9/2016 at 7:17 PM, Coconut Flan said:

I would add she did it leaving an extremely sick preemie at the hospital and a 1 year old baby at home.

Michelle has priorities.

Great parents.

I'm asking to my self wath will be in jana's future now that there will be a new 8 yo boy in the house? I mean M has a lot of other things to do she cant take care of him, so Jana will be he'd new mom? 

1 hour ago, Italiangirl said:

I'm asking to my self wath will be in jana's future now that there will be a new 8 yo boy in the house? I mean M has a lot of other things to do she cant take care of him, so Jana will be he'd new mom? 

Jana or Joy. Joy has "graduated" and wants to help with e kids.

17 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Jana or Joy. Joy has "graduated" and wants to help with e kids.

Right i wasn't thinking about her. For the kid maybe Jana will be better, you know more experience etc, but maybe he could be a good start for Joy...

4 hours ago, hollywood said:

Jesus drank wine! because the water was nasty back then, but oh wait, my bad, that was grape juice.

Not to mention, cultures like the ancient Romans often diluted their wine with water. Wines frequently had a high alcohol content, so they needed a way to lessen the inebriating effects. Because they weren't (always) drinking it to get stupid drunk. 

But historical context is not taught at the SOTDRT when it doesn't mesh with how they feel things were. 

On 13/09/2016 at 4:32 AM, foreign fundie said:

Yes, the right age and I see so many story lines. Camilla and Michelle going shopping for the wedding outfit. Charles and Jim Bob discussing courtship rules, interrupted with flasbacks of Harry playing pool with no clothes. Facetime with the queen. William and Kate visit and eat chickenetti from paper plates. The howlers explore Buckingham palace. JD takes on Harry when he gives a 90° hug instead of a 180° one. Kate gives the J-slaves fashion advice. Harry introduces his new brothers-in-law to his Iraq buddies and they go shooting together. Jim Bob goes on a fox hunt. 

But all that would mean the show could get actually worth watching, heaven forbid.

10/10 would totally watch......

• 2 weeks later...

I have a feeling that it could be possible Jana is not in support of the lifestyle her parents brought her up in anymore. If she was, I honestly believe Jana would have married by now and tried to pop or baby after baby like Sierra has (Sierra and Jana are both the same age surprisingly). We have evidence Jana has had plenty of suitors but she is the one that rejects them. I think Jana stays because she raised these kids and is attached to them and hasn't left because she doesn't want a man that would expect her to be a Quiverfull fundie, as the only men that seek out Duggar wives are already IBLP ATI fundie or are recent fan boy converts a la Derrick and now Jeremy. Free Jana.

On 9/16/2016 at 8:59 AM, Melissa1977 said:

I would add she did it leaving an extremely sick preemie at the hospital and a 1 year old baby at home.

Michelle has priorities.

Great parents.

Not to mention her sixteen other children who need love, affection, and attention as well. Between this and the transgender bathrooms robocall, it's clear that Michelle cares more about telling other people to live by her "morals" than about the emotional and physical well-being of her own children.

1 hour ago, luv2laugh said:

I have a feeling that it could be possible Jana is not in support of the lifestyle her parents brought her up in anymore. If she was, I honestly believe Jana would have married by now and tried to pop or baby after baby like Sierra has (Sierra and Jana are both the same age surprisingly). We have evidence Jana has had plenty of suitors but she is the one that rejects them. I think Jana stays because she raised these kids and is attached to them and hasn't left because she doesn't want a man that would expect her to be a Quiverfull fundie, as the only men that seek out Duggar wives are already IBLP ATI fundie or are recent fan boy converts a la Derrick and now Jeremy. Free Jana.

What evidence?  I thought it was all just speculation.

• DaisyD locked this topic

Archived