IGNORED

Jana's future part 2

samurai_sarah

With all the other girls married/soon to be married (let's face it, they wouldn't have announced Joy's courtship if it wasn't close to engagement/marriage) Jana is finally free of little ones in diapers.  No more toddlers.  She might have to clean the house up, but she doesn't have to really parent really little kids anymore.  And with no more sisters home, she can't be off babysitting nieces and nephews or there would be no one to clean the TTH.  Jana is finally baby free.  If I was her I would be enjoying this and in no rush to start changing diapers and waking up in the middle of the night to soothe the little ones back to sleep.

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/17/2016 at 8:35 AM, actuallyjessica said:

Did anyone catch the little face Jana made in the latest episode? I wonder what made her eye roll!?

vlcsnap-2016-11-17-23h53m59s364.png

vlcsnap-2016-11-17-23h54m01s036.png

vlcsnap-2016-11-17-23h54m01s631.png

vlcsnap-2016-11-17-23h54m01s861.png

Oh and seeing Jana walk down the aisle, I had thoughts of what a beautiful bride she would make. She just has a certain elegance to her.

vlcsnap-2016-11-17-23h59m23s588.png

That dress looks amazing on Jana. Very pretty. 

I think there's probably a mixture of things going on. I don't know if JB and DQ have actively turned down suitors for Jana, but I'm sure they've put the bug in her ear that the "right man" hasn't come along yet. She is also probably not in a rush to marry. I don't doubt that she has a long list of fundie guys beating her door down. Jana is beautiful and the Duggar girls are fundie royalty (even with the Joshley scandal). 

I'm more curious why none of the boys are courting, honestly. 

1 hour ago, jacduggar said:

That dress looks amazing on Jana. Very pretty. 

I think there's probably a mixture of things going on. I don't know if JB and DQ have actively turned down suitors for Jana, but I'm sure they've put the bug in her ear that the "right man" hasn't come along yet. She is also probably not in a rush to marry. I don't doubt that she has a long list of fundie guys beating her door down. Jana is beautiful and the Duggar girls are fundie royalty (even with the Joshley scandal). 

That we know of. We did see Joe walking alongside a girl at the wedding. In addition to that, the duggars at the beginning of this season did hint of develping relationships for Joe, JD and Josiah, and Josiah did in fact reveal in one of the episodes that he was interested in someone but the timing wasn't right yet. I think the Duggars will soon announce something like they did for Joy. I would say Joy has been courting for months now and how many of us suspected that announcement coming (that is until someone on YouTube squealed)? It wouldn't surprise me if one of the Duggar boys is courting right now.  

1 hour ago, jacduggar said:

They may be keeping hush about the boys courting after the scandal.  Maybe they feel showing a boy courting will just remind everyone of Josh's engagement and wedding?

42 minutes ago, AnnaRuk09 said:

We did see Joe walking alongside a girl at the wedding.

In the episode, when they pan over everyone getting seated at the church, Joe is talking to the same girl. I think they're either "getting to know" each other or courting. 

This is her, right?

Screenshot (6).png

I don't think Josh's actions really have any bearing on how people think of the other Duggar boys. I highly doubt that families don't want the their daughters marrying a duggar because of what Josh did. I have no doubt that there are a lot of fundy families that would love there daughter to marry a Duggar (I am looking at you Jill Rodrigues). A girl marrying a Duggar will live a pretty nice life for awhile. At least as long as the show is on. She gets a big wedding, trips, nice house, plenty of food and a modicum of "fame". I would think it's pretty hard to find that in the fundy world, even without the fame aspect.

As to Jana, it's possible she is courting. Maybe with someone who is going to school to be a minister or some religious career and they won't get married until he is finished, just like Michael Bates and Brandon. I don't feel sorry for Jana because her sisters are getting married. I am sure she could find someone if she wanted to as fundy standards aren't really high and I don't think Jill, Jessa or Jinger chose well nor set the bar very high. I also don't think that she is staying because she worries about her younger siblings. These people believe their parents were awesome and raised them well. I highly doubt she will worried something will happen to her siblings if she left. Jill seemed to enjoy being a buddy but she had no problem leaving when she was matched with Derrick. It's possible she hasn't found anyone that makes her want to marry them. It is no different than everyone else out in the world looking for the one. 

Really the only Duggar guy who's ready for marriage is JD.  Joe isn't even 22 yet and the others younger.  How is it suspicious that a 21 and 20 year old aren't married yet?  The Bates have 23 and 24 year old sons and no one is batting an eyelash that they're still single.

57 minutes ago, Gillyweed said:

In the episode, when they pan over everyone getting seated at the church, Joe is talking to the same girl. I think they're either "getting to know" each other or courting. 

This is her, right?

Screenshot (6).png

She looks slightly different than the girl in the other photo but it might be her. I think it's still one of the Caldwell sisters.  Here is a pic of the two Caldwell sisters at Joy's HS graduation earlier this year. The one holding a baby is the one in your picture I think:

IMG_1522.PNG

6 minutes ago, AnnaRuk09 said:

She looks slightly different than the girl in the other photo but it might be her. I think it's still one of the Caldwell sisters.  Here is a pic of the two Caldwell sisters at Joy's HS graduation earlier this year. The one holding a baby is the one in your picture I think:

IMG_1522.PNG

Looks like the same girl. Even the hair is the same. 

15 hours ago, Sherresed said:

I couldn't figure out how to reply to my question about my possible vow of celibacy yes I was talking about being monastic similar to being a nun but I haven't made up my mind just yet.

Gotcha, good luck with your decision. That's a huge one to make!!

Genuinely don't know why so many FJers seem to think the Duggar man-boys should/could get married.   There's evidence that JD could support a family with some modicum of independence, but we're talking about uneducated boys in their late tweens and early twenties, who live in a communal dorm with all their younger brothers, with no sheets on their beds in case  they sin in the night, and are even more tied to their father than the girls are.

Even the Morton sons build their own houses, albeit on the family compound, and are bringing in the money before they start courting as teenagers.  Even Lawson Bates has been earning money for his parents with his own business, so could legitimately start a family.  But for the Duggar males, bar JD, all they could do is live in another home daddy owns, doing work for daddy's businesses.  Joe had that one year away, and Josiah was exiled to ALERT, but I doubt they've ever slept in a room by themselves.

Personally I would hate to see any of those guys in their teens/early 20s get married right now, as their wife and inevitable kids would never ever escape.  (And I wonder if JB discourages it, because he's running out of places to house them in... I can't see him booting out the Dillards and Seewalds, in order to give a son a house, because look at the number of them coming up, and if he does it for, eg, Joe, there's Josiah, the twins, and all the lost boys coming up)

21 hours ago, Exjw2015deed said:

I will continue to ship Jana and skylar Weiss. I like to think he's the boy she's waiting for. I say she's pulling a Michael bates (as in love from afar, pray for him, and all that). Skylar hits all her types; good looking, godly, love the lord and shit, good with his hands (helped Josh paint his bedroom), and a servants heart. I say game, set, and match. 

I googled him, and wow, he's hot. They would make a gorgeous couple. I also found some stuff about a guy name Jed Rivers but I don't know who he is. Jana, to me, is the total package if you're looking for a fundie wife. 

45 minutes ago, CatchThatCow said:

I googled him, and wow, he's hot. They would make a gorgeous couple. I also found some stuff about a guy name Jed Rivers but I don't know who he is. Jana, to me, is the total package if you're looking for a fundie wife. 

Jana's engaged! just kidding. That was the headline of a hollywoodgossip article on April 1st, 2015. In the article they joked about Jana getting engaged to this person named Jed Rivers. It was pretty stupid. It seems like that's where the name came from. 

http://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/2015/04/jana-duggar-engaged/

Also, while Skylar may look nice, he comes across as somewhat of a douchebag a little full of himself (kind of like Lawson), at least on my radar. Probably the somewhat nice douchebag type, but still a douchebag. And besides, Skylar is the name of the little punk that gave my son a black eye at the playground lol! Also, he's only 22 yrs old.

9 hours ago, CorbinsMommy said:

If I was her I would be enjoying this and in no rush to start changing diapers and waking up in the middle of the night to soothe the little ones back to sleep.

Agreed! Not just taking care of kids, but having the full responsibility of being the parent and worrying about finances, etc.

The post has been hidden due to speculation.  If you want to discuss what is and isn't speculation you can do so in the Community Discussion forum, not here.  Thanks.

The hollywood gossip is speculating that Jana is a lesbian because Joy is courting now and Jana still isn't. Ugh. Do these gossip rags stop to consider that bigots like the Duggars, rumor or not, will treat this as though its fact and alienate her/make her life a living hell for it? (Rhetorical question...the answer is obviously "no they do not...") 

I think Jana and John David have their own reasons for what they're doing.  Perhaps some day we'll find out or if they want to keep their privacy, I'll respect that.

1 hour ago, TeamDefraudinSquad said:

The hollywood gossip is speculating that Jana is a lesbian because Joy is courting now and Jana still isn't. Ugh. Do these gossip rags stop to consider that bigots like the Duggars, rumor or not, will treat this as though its fact and alienate her/make her life a living hell for it? (Rhetorical question...the answer is obviously "no they do not...") 

Why does there have to be something wrong with Jana? She's only 26 and if she doesn't want to be married. That's her choice. Seriously? If she was getting married, they'd have something else to complain about. 

So Jana and I are the same age and I'm glad she's not married because if she were, I'd feel some kind of emotion that I'm not interested in addressing as of now, lol.  

On November 18, 2016 at 0:08 PM, CorbinsMommy said:

With all the other girls married/soon to be married (let's face it, they wouldn't have announced Joy's courtship if it wasn't close to engagement/marriage) Jana is finally free of little ones in diapers.  No more toddlers.  She might have to clean the house up, but she doesn't have to really parent really little kids anymore.  And with no more sisters home, she can't be off babysitting nieces and nephews or there would be no one to clean the TTH.  Jana is finally baby free.  If I was her I would be enjoying this and in no rush to start changing diapers and waking up in the middle of the night to soothe the little ones back to sleep.

I was under the impression that the M kids were in the dorms with their cousins. I'm guessing Jana is still changing diapers and dealing with feedings although perhaps not at the same level as it was with her own siblings. Didn't Anna talk about what a help Jana has been in one of the recent episodes? I got the feeling that Jana was helping a lot with those kids.

On 18.11.2016 at 6:08 PM, CorbinsMommy said:

I think it's great that Jana now, FINALLY!, is free of babies and constant diaper changing. She really seems like a sweet person and I hate it that fundies have tons of kids and let their older daughters raise them. Which brings me to something that concerns me a lot: we know that families like the Duggars and Bateses use books from Ezzo, the Pearls and other vile persons that promote child abuse. Jana, as all older fundie kids, probably suffered from things like blanket-training etc. Do you think she also uses these methods just because it is the way she grew up and doesn't know much about childrearing? That would make her a lot less sweet and lovable IMHO.

9 hours ago, pancakes said:

I was under the impression that the M kids were in the dorms with their cousins. I'm guessing Jana is still changing diapers and dealing with feedings although perhaps not at the same level as it was with her own siblings. Didn't Anna talk about what a help Jana has been in one of the recent episodes? I got the feeling that Jana was helping a lot with those kids.

Plus I think the M-kids are dumped at Jana's because Josh and Anna have to revive their marriage, you know ;-).

Jana will never be done changing diapers and feeding and so on and so on and so on. She needs to get out of there and move away, far enough to not be the first person everybody thinks of when they want to dump their babies and toddlers somewhere, so maybe 3 hours away would be enough?

• DaisyD locked this topic

Archived