IGNORED

Jana's future part 2

samurai_sarah

36 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Koolaid just means submerged in fundie culture. Like I'd say that Derrick really started drinking the koolaid and it means that he's coming out as more and more fundie. 

Oh ok I see now. With that being said, The Duggar children sure are koolaid drinkers, some a little more than others, but Jana is the Koolaid girl. At least that's the vibe I've always gotten from her. Just like I said, a future Michelle 2.0.

34 minutes ago, Fluffypaws said:

I came here way after FJ was established, but I never got the feeling that Jinger would be "the one". I do believe Jana will be married eventually though. When she said she does want to be married and have kids, I believe that, but I also think others are right that she's just trying not to have an overfilled quiver.

Same here. The only reason I got that vibe was the whole fj culture. I thought that outside the duggar fan base, there was this community with the hardcore belief that Jinger is the closest thing to a rogue duggar. She was the only one I heard about being speculated to leave for some reason. I also believe Jana will be eventually married. I think 2017 is probably her year.

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, AnnaRuk09 said:

I also believe Jana will be eventually married. I think 2017 is probably her year.

I believe that Jana will marry soonish. I hope that she chooses someone who she likes and doesn't just feel pressured about it. 

40 minutes ago, AnnaRuk09 said:

there was this community with the hardcore belief that Jinger is the closest thing to a rogue duggar. She was the only one I heard about being speculated to leave for some reason.

In the beginning of 16 Kids and Counting, Jinger appeared to have some spunk. I was pretty young when I watched it, but I vividly remember watching the episode where Jinger takes her driving test and deciding that she was my favorite Duggar. People also liked to believe she'd leave because she said she wanted to live in a city (although Michelle negated that by saying Jinger meant she wanted to live by a walmart). Personally, I think Jinger lost the spark she originally had. It's sad.

When she said that, Jill, I think, said she needed to work on her contentment. No bucket list for these people. No aspirations allowed. (Except babeez).

14 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

When she said that, Jill, I think, said she needed to work on her contentment. No bucket list for these people. No aspirations allowed. (Except babeez).

Oh my. If these girls were ever asked to make a bucket list it would be very sad to see their list. Apart from Courting, marriage, babies, God, dutiful wife, what else would they list? Perhaps the bucket list stops after babies? It's sad when you think of it compared to other girls their age and what their list would contain.

14 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

Well let's just say that right now Jill has to work on her contentment and her fear of shower racks! 

As for Jana, marriage may not be freedom but if there should be something to do this former tattoo parlour and it makes her very happy, I hope she sticks with it and says eff marriage! If it's just JB being sleezy then...:562479a7d0aec_Thingsaregrandinthemiddlefinger:

Awww, prince Harry has a girlfriend. My hopes for a Duggar in Buckingham Palace are dashed. Still think Jana and Kate would have gotten along, and would have loved to see Michelle and Camilla go shopping together on counting on. 

On 11/4/2016 at 1:55 PM, Gillyweed said:

In the beginning of 16 Kids and Counting, Jinger appeared to have some spunk. I was pretty young when I watched it, but I vividly remember watching the episode where Jinger takes her driving test and deciding that she was my favorite Duggar. People also liked to believe she'd leave because she said she wanted to live in a city (although Michelle negated that by saying Jinger meant she wanted to live by a walmart). Personally, I think Jinger lost the spark she originally had. It's sad.

I think Kim Jong Boob and MEchelle noticed she had a spark and beat it out of her. Sad. 

Joy and Hannie seem to have a spark too and Joy's is almost gone and it's a matter of time before Hannie loses hers too. 

2 hours ago, foreign fundie said:

Awww, prince Harry has a girlfriend. My hopes for a Duggar in Buckingham Palace are dashed. Still think Jana and Kate would have gotten along, and would have loved to see Michelle and Camilla go shopping together on counting on. 

Well we know that Harry is fickle, it might still happen. I can picture Boob telling Queen Elizabeth II that she should buy used and save the difference. 

article-2181381-1447A6C5000005DC-778_634

43 minutes ago, LawsonBatesEgo said:

I think Kim Jong Boob and MEchelle noticed she had a spark and beat it out of her. Sad. 

Joy and Hannie seem to have a spark too and Joy's is almost gone and it's a matter of time before Hannie loses hers too. 

SO THIS

I remember Joy answering the "what do you want to do" questions with loads of other things that didn't include being a wife and mother. I agree her spark is almost gone. 

I feel so badly for these girls. I would think with the show and everything they might be able to see there's another way, A way with choices and freedoms. I think they're just afraid b/c duggarlaw is all they know. shame on boob and jchelle 

On 11/8/2016 at 7:27 AM, LawsonBatesEgo said:

What's so interesting to me is that when Michelle is not around Jim Bob she does have that spark and can be very outgoing. When she is with that high school friend or at the reunion she went to or even when she went nutty at the thrift store, Michelle showed a side you do not see with Jim Bob. It's as though she shuts herself down when it's JIm Bob to be the perfect submissive wife. I am no fan of Michelle but I would bet she would be more interesting to hang out with when away from her husband. 

Yeah, I saw the spark die right before our very eyes when Joy said she'd just help out at home. Don't these kids have dreams, like every kid does? Jill's big dream was to be a "missionary." look what that got her. She must have thought deeper than that.

27 minutes ago, ksgranola1 said:

Yeah, I saw the spark die right before our very eyes when Joy said she'd just help out at home. Don't these kids have dreams, like every kid does? Jill's big dream was to be a "missionary." look what that got her. She must have thought deeper than that.

Jill probably did dream bigger than that but as they got older, they realized that there were dreams that they would never have. I don't know if they know that they are under educated but they know that they can't go onto higher education. That really limits what you can do and when you need an accountability partner or a chaperone, it makes things harder. Poor kids, they just get crushed. 

I remember when Jill wanted to be a nurse. Somewhere along the way that got downgraded to undereducated midwife.

Don't forget before Hannie there was tomboy Joy.  Before tomboy Joy there was snarky Jinger, and willfull Jessa.  But before all of them there was Jana.  Jana who they've said mutliple times was outgoing and a tomboy and strong.

When Jenni and Hannie were little, M said that Jenni made a change because she was so much easier than Hannie (and Hannie is one of the few kids we've seen being actively difficult (as opposed to the acceptable for Duggarland generically feral)- being corrected for screaming in New  York/DC in one of the early episodes of 17kac, and being upset because she wanted to go somewhere with the big kids.  Hannie has been compared to Jana in temperment.  The most difficult/strong willed of the little kids has been compared with Jana as being most alike in temperment as a child.

They broke Jana to get the meek quiet cinder Jana we see on the screen.  They've had more experience in breaking people, we've seen it with Joy.  We're already seeing it with Hannie and I have no doubt that the Duggar system will win.  But I hope and wish I am wrong!

I want to believe that TV Jana is different than real Jana. That snippet of her disagreeing with Jessa,I bet that was real and she honed it in because she's supposed to be sweet. I bet in reality,she's sassy and normal.

I agree with @Pasta (whom I can only hope belongs to the cult of the Flying Spaghetti Monster). In front of new people, I am very reserved, quiet, and shy, but with people I'm comfortable with, my personality changed completely. I can definitely see Jana being reserved on camera, but more headstrong, assertive- dare I say bossy?- off camera. I think Jana believes in her parents ways, I don't think she secretly wants to escape the cult or anything, but she is the Duggar I am the least irritated by. I want to have hope for her.

48 minutes ago, MargaretElliott said:

I agree with @Pasta (whom I can only hope belongs to the cult of the Flying Spaghetti Monster). In front of new people, I am very reserved, quiet, and shy, but with people I'm comfortable with, my personality changed completely. I can definitely see Jana being reserved on camera, but more headstrong, assertive- dare I say bossy?- off camera. I think Jana believes in her parents ways, I don't think she secretly wants to escape the cult or anything, but she is the Duggar I am the least irritated by. I want to have hope for her.

It will be until she starts to court and get married that we'll see the tru Jana, and by what experience has taught us (Jinger) it probably ain't gonna be pretty. In fact I think she'll probably be one closest to Michelle 

Something tells me that we won't see the courting/married Jana. I bet she'll be the Duggar that keeps her life and relationship off camera. She's seen it happen through her siblings and probably (I hope) does not want that life. I think she's old enough to remember life before the crazy extreme life that she has now. I just have a gut feeling... It could be wrong. 

16 minutes ago, Pasta said:

Something tells me that we won't see the courting/married Jana. I bet she'll be the Duggar that keeps her life and relationship off camera. She's seen it happen through her siblings and probably (I hope) does not want that life. I think she's old enough to remember life before the crazy extreme life that she has now. I just have a gut feeling... It could be wrong. 

If Jana courts there's no way they're keeping that off the air.  She's the one the viewers are most curious about and rooting for the most.  She would be sure to draw in viewers like no one else.  She might wait til the show is cancelled though.

25 minutes ago, Pasta said:

I would love for Jana to have a private courtship but if Boob thinks that it will bring the viewers and money...not gonna happen 

6 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

If Jana courts there's no way they're keeping that off the air.  She's the one the viewers are most curious about and rooting for the most.  She would be sure to draw in viewers like no one else.  She might wait til the show is cancelled though.

I'm sorry, that was what I meant. She wouldn't be able to control it if the show was still on but (hopefully) once the show is gone (maybe soon?) she'll be able to get her real life on without worrying about JB's controlling attitude. Does that make sense? My head thinks too fast. 

22 minutes ago, Pasta said:

This is what I would want for her!! I really really hope she'll be the Duggar that keeps all those moments in private. 

5 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

You're correct also in saying she's the one everybody is always wondering about. Jana courting would send an absolute shockwave throughout the Duggar fan universe. But I really hope when she courts (and hopefully she courts someone as private and reserved as her) she will not allow for Daddy's business to stream it to the world. 

2 minutes ago, Pasta said:

I'm sorry, that was what I meant. She wouldn't be able to control it if the show was still on but (hopefully) once the show is gone (maybe soon?) she'll be able to get her real life on without worrying about JB's controlling attitude. Does that make sense? My head thinks too fast. 

I see.  You mean she's resisting courtship til they get cancelled. Jinger actually started getting to know Jeremy without the cameras around which is why they looked so comfortable together once he was introduced.  Not awkward like Ben and Jessa.

• DaisyD locked this topic

Archived