IGNORED

Election Results 2016

Destiny

2 minutes ago, Hokey Pokey said:

Regardless of this election, the current climate or which country I am in, I can't believe, can never believe that I live in a world where access to adequate health care is seen as a privilege or a luxury (something that you BUY) and not a basic human right. I am continually mystified and horrendously disappointed by this

It is sad. Get this. When I went to pre-register for my total hysterectomy back in Sept. for my endometrial cancer, the hospital required I pay the cost of surgery upfront. I have a very high deductible plan, so I had to pay several thousands of dollars up front. That sent me on the biggest rant of my life with the hospital and I contacted the powers to ask them what they do for people that can't pay their surgeries upfront. Are they turned away? Why put that burden on people that are already stressed due to illness? Sickening. 

Healthcare is a big business here. It is commodity. When back in Australia last year for awhile, one of my daily meds was $27 for a 90 day supply. Coming back to the U.S., that same med was over $600 for a 30 day supply. Yep. Good old healthcare. 

• Replies 816
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I guess later today will be quite busy.  All those illegal immigrants are going to be rounded up and deported.  The wall building will start.  The Obamacare customer service reps will be converting all the Obamacare participants to new policies.  Am I forgetting anything?

Just now, TuringMachine said:

Really what's gotten me most depressed is congress. I would have had an easier time dealing with president Trump if there was a democratic congress to stop him.

This. If we got a Democratic congress, I would be way less upset.

I just woke up to this news. What the hell??? As a european this scares the shit out of me. Trump on one side, his bestie Putin on the other...  :Invisanoes:

Podesta just sent everyone home. Hillary won't be conceding tonight (and it looks like she will be in the morning).

FUCK.

That Corey idiot on the CNN panel better thank his lucky stars I am not on that panel. I would whoop his ass so hard that he would be talking out his ahole. Yes, that is not a very nice thing to say, but he is a nasty, nasty human that deserves a ass kicking. 

Meanwhile the white guys on my Facebook are ALREADY busting out the optimism and "shake hands we all still have to live together!"

Whatever happens on Tuesday, we ought to get the entire country in two long lines, walk the lines past one another, and all shake hands with everyone who voted for the other candidate.

Fuck your optimism, fuck your handshaking, this isn't a Peewee soccer game, and the mention of "orange smiles" in any context will make me want to throw up for the rest of my life.

I knew Trump would go far 3 weeks after the announced his candidacy when I heard 4 working class black people in liberal New York speak positively about him. I knew the election would be close, I didn't think anything he said would cause him to lose his core base, but holy fucking shit. I knew this was a possibility and thought it might happen but I cannot comprehend Trump as president.

I don't think the democracy will collapse on itself but this is the beginning of a  bad time for America. And this is also a part of a trend of fringe/right wing candidates coming from fucking nowhere and winning elections. It's a fucking mess, y'all. Also, he's not gonna do any of the shit he promised the supporters who voted for him and they're gonna realize what a mistake they made.

4 minutes ago, Mecca said:

That Corey idiot on the CNN panel better thank his lucky stars I am not on that panel. I would whoop his ass so hard that he would be talking out his ahole. Yes, that is not a very nice thing to say, but he is a nasty, nasty human that deserves a ass kicking. 

I fucking HATE him. He's a terrible human being, and he's the one who gave us Trump, so that's a double hate.

7 minutes ago, Mecca said:

It is sad. Get this. When I went to pre-register for my total hysterectomy back in Sept. for my endometrial cancer, the hospital required I pay the cost of surgery upfront. I have a very high deductible plan, so I had to pay several thousands of dollars up front. That sent me on the biggest rant of my life with the hospital and I contacted the powers to ask them what they do for people that can't pay their surgeries upfront. Are they turned away? Why put that burden on people that are already stressed due to illness? Sickening. 

Healthcare is a big business here. It is commodity. When back in Australia last year for awhile, one of my daily meds was $27 for a 90 day supply. Coming back to the U.S., that same med was over $600 for a 30 day supply. Yep. Good old healthcare. 

This was years and years ago, but the grandfather of a friend of mine had a heart attack while on holiday in America. Her grandmother was forced to go to an atm in the middle of the night by herself in a foreign city, to take out 10s of thousands of dollars so he could get the emergency health care he needed

Here is my best possible understanding of this mind-blowingly f*d up situation:

Our country has had an infection from the days of its founding. A cancer. The infection of racism and intolerance of anyone who is not white, straight, male, and Christian. A self-serving narcissism.

We have pretended for years that the infection is not there. Well, infections must be clearly identified in order to be addressed. They must be brought out into the open and not denied. This election is removing our fragile facade, exposing our ugly underbelly for the world (and ourselves) to see.

Those of us who are not infected have a sacred job to do. We must speak up with courage in the face of oppression and injustice, with no tolerance at all for it. We no longer can afford to be complacent. We must refuse to participate in hatred. We must sow love.

Maybe some of us have lived in denial, convincing ourselves that things are not that bad. They are. This is our time and our call. I pray that we have courage and strength to fight.

3 minutes ago, lawfulevil said:

Meanwhile the white guys on my Facebook are ALREADY busting out the optimism and "shake hands we all still have to live together!"

Fuck your optimism, fuck your handshaking, this isn't a Peewee soccer game, and the mention of "orange smiles" in any context will make me want to throw up for the rest of my life.

Honest to god, I don't think white men get it. I really don't. Mister Destiny doesn't understand why I'm so upset, because he's never been a victim of sexism. He doesn't understand making less money than the guy siting next to you, by double digits of percentage. He doesn't understand being talked over in a meeting or a class by the guy sitting next to you because they deserve to speak, and the little woman should shut up. He doesn't get the random grabs on the subway. They just don't understand.

(Note: I'm not commenting on the myriad of other issues, because I've never personally experienced them. That's not to say that sexism is the worst of his ills. It's just the one I understand.)

Fuck, Trump is about to speak. I don't know if I can stomach his gloating.

6 minutes ago, lawfulevil said:

Yeah, I saw on my husband's Facebook one of the vocal Trumpers saying we all need to be kind to each other. The hell? The jerk voted for a person that would not know nice if it smacked him upside the head. 

5 hours ago, MarblesMom said:

At one point, I think I mentioned a FJ Groupon for the Betty Ford Center might be a good idea....

Probably. Because pills are my coping skill tonight 

2 minutes ago, livinginthelight said:

Our country has had an infection from the days of its founding. A cancer. The infection of racism and intolerance of anyone who is not white, straight, male, and Christian. A self-serving narcissism.

We have pretended for years that the infection is not there. Well, infections must be clearly identified in order to be addressed. They must be brought out into the open and not denied. This election is removing our fragile facade, exposing our ugly underbelly for the world (and ourselves) to see.

Those of us who are not infected have a sacred job to do. We must speak up with courage in the face of oppression and injustice, with no tolerance at all for it. We no longer can afford to be complacent. We must refuse to participate in hatred. We must sow love.

Maybe some of us have lived in denial, convincing ourselves that things are not that bad. They are. This is our time and our call. I pray that we have courage and strength to fight.

Can't sleep and laying here crying I checked the thread one last time.  This was so beautifully written and exactly what we need to focus on.  Thank you.

8 minutes ago, livinginthelight said:

:greetings-clappingorange:

I just put CNN on mute. I can't face The Orange Dick gloating right now. I just can't.

9 minutes ago, Jinder Roles said:

I knew Trump would go far 3 weeks after the announced his candidacy when I heard 4 working class black people in liberal New York speak positively about him. I knew the election would be close, I didn't think anything he said would cause him to lose his core base, but holy fucking shit. I knew this was a possibility and thought it might happen but I cannot comprehend Trump as president.

I don't think the democracy will collapse on itself but this is the beginning of a  bad time for America. And this is also a part of a trend of fringe/right wing candidates coming from fucking nowhere and winning elections. It's a fucking mess, y'all. Also, he's not gonna do any of the shit he promised the supporters who voted for him and they're gonna realize what a mistake they made.

It's like an Amerexit. Sometimes people need to learn from their mistakes. If only the Trumpists could do that...

7 minutes ago, Hokey Pokey said:

This was years and years ago, but the grandfather of a friend of mine had a heart attack while on holiday in America. Her grandmother was forced to go to an atm in the middle of the night by herself in a foreign city, to take out 10s of thousands of dollars so he could get the emergency health care he needed

I had West Nile during the outbreak in Dallas in 2012. I have crap luck when it comes to my health, apparently. Anyway, before I was admitted into the hospital, a Baptist hospital, the clerk came to my room in the emergency department with her portable credit/debit machine asking for payment. Yep, I was in so sick I was being admitted into the ICU and all they could think about was me whipping out my card and paying some random number. 

Gosh, I'm in the UK and have just woken up and checked the news. After what happened with us and Brexit earlier in the year I'm not entirely surprised, the move towards narrow minded insular thinking seems to be spreading globally.  I really feel for all you liberal Americans this morning, you must be devastated - these are worrying times.

How did this happen? I had twinges of being scared of the possibility of him winning, but I couldn't believe it would actually happen. What happened to Hillary having like a 90% chance of winning?? I am so fucking mad I am stuck in this country. 

• Destiny locked this topic
  • OnceUponATime unpinned this topic

Archived