Destiny

2 minutes ago, RoseWilder said:

What percentage of the vote is in?

The stats have flipped again in Cheeto's favor 49.4% to HRC 45.?%

• Replies 816
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, JMarie said:

How did Trump win Utah?  He only got 14% in the primary, behind both Cruz and Kasich.

I have reading the Twitter feed of Evan McMullin's campaign manager, and I really thought McMullin would take Utah. The Mormons seemed extremely disgusted with Trump and excited about McMullin. Guess I was wrong.

Good night y'all. That fucktard will never be my president. I would spit in his ugly hateful face. So ashamed of America. I don't  even feel American now, I cannot relate to any of this. Good people must stand up with as much boldness as the assholes.

22 minutes ago, JenniferJuniper said:

I kinda don't give a fuck about bathrooms right now.  You know, with the future of the world in the balance.

My brother is Transgender and Bi. I care a great deal about his basic human rights - because if they rule against his right to use the Men's Room they can also rule against other things that directly concern his safety and wellbeing too. Especially considering Mike Pence would be his VP.

And yes, I agree there are a lot of important things Trump could seriously fuck up. But for those of us with loved ones in the LGBTQ community (and I don't know if that includes you, so forgive me if I mistakenly left you out), it's not just about bathrooms. I literally turned to my husband and asked him if we would be able to protect my brother by getting him out if the country if necessary. That is how scared I am for his safety right now.

ETA: Please don't think I'm angry at you or anything. I'm not. I completely understand what you were saying and why you were saying it. I think we're all very tired, very scared, and feeling very defeated right now. 

1 minute ago, VelociRapture said:

And yes, I agree there are a lot of important things Trump could seriously fuck up. But for those of us with loved ones in the LGBTQ community (and I don't know if that includes you, so forgive me if I mistakenly left you out), it's not just about bathrooms. I literally turned to my husband and asked him if we would be able to protect my brother by getting him out if the country if necessary. That is how scared I am for his safety right now.

This. My best friend in the world is a gay man. That man also happen to be brown. I'm terrified for him, and I'm fucking furious that my dream of making the same money as my male counterparts is dead.

I just got Mr 'it will be ok" SassyPants in his pocketbook with Dow Futures crash...I think he's getting it!

2 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

My brother is Transgender and Bi. I care a great deal about his basic human rights - because if they rule against his right to use the Men's Room they can also rule against other things that directly concern his safety and wellbeing too. Especially considering Mike Pence would be his VP.

My heart hurts right now thinking about what this election means for the LGBTQ community. :pb_sad:

I haven't read this topic. I am also very wine drunk right now. But what I know is that as a black woman, regardless of being upper middle class I am terrified to live in my nation. That we let this man get so far terrifies me and made me realized I am not welcomed or loved in the country that I have grown up with. Even my own state of Pennslyvannia who should have went blue but is about to go red honestly disgust me. Maybe I'll be okay tomorrow but currently I'm in a state of shock, and disgust.

Agreed from Australia. This has global repercussions too and im sitting here watching CNN feeling pretty sick myself! I understand people want better but this asswipe is not the answer to their problems. It is unprecedented and scary as shit. #hugs

HRC has got to be the most kafkaesque night of her life tonight.  How can she even mentally process losing to him?

wtf is going on on msnbc?  Trump headquarters...it's not over yet...are they waiting for his acceptance speech?!

33 minutes ago, Toothfairy said:

But the fetus I mean babies. That's what matters.

Do the voters who chose Trump based on that not realize that just because abortion is legal DOES NOT MEAN THEY HAVE TO HAVE THEM? My nephew's wife (who happens to live in a state that went for Trump) voted for him because she is pro-life and wants someone "who won't kill babies."  What is wrong with people?!?!

26 minutes ago, JenniferJuniper said:

Exactly.  Those Republicans from 40 years ago would be considered left wing radicals today.

People need to know history.  I swear that's half the problem with this country.

Precisely. There is a saying along the lines of, "Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it."  I can see that happening again. If nothing else, do the voters who went third-party instead of voting for HRC not remember how Nader effectively stole enough votes from Gore to give the vote to Bush in FL in 2000?

14 minutes ago, JenniferJuniper said:

I'm not sure Germany or any other European nation is going to be exempt from this nightmare, even though they had no say in the matter.

Trump is truly Putin's puppet.  He wants out of NATO.  I'm not sober enough right now to connect any further dots, but this does not feel like a good situation all around.

Agreed from Australia. This has global repercussions too and im sitting here watching CNN feeling pretty sick myself! I understand people want better but this asswipe is not the answer to their problems. It is unprecedented and scary as shit. #hugs

8 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Yes, of course I care about human rights.  And I have gay and gender fluid loved ones.

But focusing on one single Supreme Court decision that deals solely on bathroom rights shouldn't be on the top of the list of concerns for women, minorities of all types, including those of the LGTBQ community right now.

This man is a fucking maniac and we may never have a free, fair election again, assuming this was one.   Think Germany 1932.  Big picture.

Can someone explain to me how a one percenter is somehow for the little guy, the middle class....the middle class that he has crapped on his whole career? 

Just now, Mecca said:

Can someone explain to me how a one percenter is somehow for the little guy, the middle class....the middle class that he has crapped on his whole career? 

He's a WHITE MAN!  He's not a politician!  Fuckin' A man!

Michael Moore tried to warn us about this and no one wanted to hear it.

1 minute ago, Mecca said:

I guess we are going to find out. Since he has made a career out of fucking the little guy, I'm not sure how.

Fuck, I just realised that my kids are going to lose their health insurance.

Just now, Mecca said:

Because he gives speeches wearing a baseball cap? He presents as alpha male? He ushered hate speech out of the shadows? 

9 minutes ago, pamplemousse said:

Do the voters who chose Trump based on that not realize that just because abortion is legal DOES NOT MEAN THEY HAVE TO HAVE THEM? My nephew's wife (who happens to live in a state that went for Trump) voted for him because she is pro-life and wants someone "who won't kill babies."  What is wrong with people?!?!

Precisely. There is a saying along the lines of, "Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it."  I can see that happening again. If nothing else, do the voters who went third-party instead of voting for HRC not remember how Nader effectively stole enough votes from Gore to give the vote to Bush in FL in 2000?

My guess is that most of those voters who went third party because Bernie didn't get the nomination were too young to remember the 2000 election. Personally, I wasn't a fan of Hillary myself, but I still voted for her.

A few months ago, I told my sister that if Trump won, he would put his face on all our forms of currency, since he likes to put his mark on everything.  He'd also glue his face to the end of Mount Rushmore and change it to Mount Trumpmore.  She giggled. 

I'm too scared to giggle.

2 minutes ago, HurricaneBells said:

Here in NZ the stock market has fallen lower than it did after the Brexit vote.

You guys are already seen as the biggest kids in the sandpit and suddenly there is a real chance you'll have a madman with small dick syndrome running your country. 

We have been proudly nuclear free since 1987 - including not letting your nuclear powered warships here and I've got visions of him going "let us land or we'll drop an a-bomb on you!"

Hard to believe that sooooo many in the US happily would prefer to set their entire country back 100 years before been lead by a woman! If you aren't white, male, straight AND rich, he will be of NO benefit to you...

Seriously America, if this guy had been recorded bragging about grabbing men in their crotches, would he have received the same number of votes?????

What the hell is wrong with America?

Women are second class citizens- everyone other than the rich, white man is a second class citizen.

Just now, Fluffypaws said:

Hunger games is becoming real. It's looking like Panem.

I actually thought the same thing when CNN proudly showed the graphics projected directly onto the Empire State building before the returns started coming in.    It was so creepy that I had a bad feeling from the beginning.

• Destiny locked this topic
  • OnceUponATime unpinned this topic

Archived