IGNORED

Election Results 2016

Destiny

56 minutes ago, Flossie said:

Why??????

White and blame others for their struggles 

Can anyone please tell me why Republicans care so much about abortion? There are born kids especially in foster care they can't care for. 

• Replies 816
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And sure, a lot of them hate Trump, but it's not going to be that hard for them to get him to do what they want- just promise him something. He will always, always, always, GLEEFULLY throw anyone, ANYONE not named Donald Trump under the bus if there's even the slightest amount of perceived gain.

Trump would step over Ivanka crying on the floor to go get a sandwich, and he doesn't give even half a fuck about anyone else.

1 minute ago, Flossie said:

A fucking idiot with the mentality of a junior high student, massive narcissism, sociopathy, and a chip on his shoulder has nuclear codes and can't understand why he shouldn't use them.

At the end of the day, that's the most frightening thing of all.  And it's something that impacts all of us, no matter who, what or where you are.

I'm done.  I've been a history buff and political junkie all my life. Looking back, I think it started with Kent State when I was in the second grade.  I just re-watched the John Adams series and was again in awe of the brilliance and  accomplishments of the founding fathers.  But here's where we end.

So I'm done.  I'm going to focus on work and friends and family.  I'm going to take long walks, binge watch any cool thing I can find on Netflix and never read a newspaper or watch a late night political comedy show again.  

I'm going to leave FJ and other sites that I've enjoyed over the years. What's the point?  Fundies aren't worth watching or snarking on when faux Christian white America happily and successfully tramples on the rights of anyone who doesn't think, look or act like they do.  Or the poor and the helpless. They won and they deserve every spoil that comes their way. Including knowing their guy has the codes to end the world and there isn't a thing anyone can do to stop him if he gets in a really bad mood one day.  And he's one seriously moody SOB.

I can't stomach watching this. And I will respect neither the man nor the office.

Good night and good luck to everyone.

@@Mecca I agree. The alt-right is rejoicing, and it won't stop at feelings and words. They will put those words to action. I don't know if this has already been posted, but this article opened my eyes to how pervasive this new breed of nativists/white supremacists are.

My Journey to the Center of the Alt-right. 

@AliC I disagree. I don't see our expressions of concerns of the new direction America is going as fear mongering. I'm a queer woman of color who covers and is often mistaken for Muslim. This election is far more about one man for me. It's about my civil liberties and physical safety being in jeopardy from a climate that is increasingly getting more toxic.

I'm pretty sure my antidepressants are never gonna touch the situation again. They were only mostly ticking along back when I still lived in the happy delusion that I wasn't surrounded by fascists who want to murder most of my friends.

14 minutes ago, Destiny said:

@FloraKitty35: there was never any chance of California not having a new Democratic Senator. There were only Democrats on the ballot. Source: Californian who voted for her.

California's Republican party is actually pretty weak when compared to the rest of the nation. Also, voters changed the system for everything other than President to an open primary where the top 2 people go on to the general election. As the top primary winners for Boxer's old seat were Democrats, it meant that one seat was going to remain Democratic.

I spent a few hours at work trying so hard to hold it together until I could go home so I could cry and drink. I got home over an hour ago and now I find I am just too upset to even do either. I don't know what one does at this point.

My 16-year-old daughter can't stop crying though. She feels unsafe. She's a young girl who has lived her whole life in an extremely liberal area and she's never before felt unsafe due to being a person who is not white, male, or straight. I want to tell her she's still safe but I don't know that that's true. Okay, now the tears are starting. What the FUCK has this country come to???

Just now, Geechee Girl said:

@@Mecca I agree. The alt-right is rejoicing, and it won't stop at feelings and words. They will put those words to action. I don't know if this has already been posted, but this article opened my eyes to how pervasive this new breed of nativists/white supremacists are.

My Journey to the Center of the Alt-right. 

@AliC I disagree. I don't see our expressions of concerns of the new direction America is going as fear mongering. I'm a queer woman of color who covers and is often mistaken for Muslim. This election is far more about one man for me. It's about my civil liberties and physical safety being in jeopardy from a climate that is increasingly getting more toxic.

My post wasn't directed at you, I'm sorry if it seemed like it was.

Long time lurker first time snarker here 

I was motivated to post here after checking online to see election results 

I just want to understand WHY enough people voted for such a msyoginist bully who doesn't care a toss for anything but himself, certainly not the good of America

I have no doubt he is laughing that he was able to fool so many people, I don't think he is respecting the people who voted him in, just laughing at them 

I've been talking about it with my family and a friend today and we (in Australia) are just dumbfounded by this result seriously cannot understand at all 

My daughter said she just wants to cry that Trump can have so much power 

Just now, Coy Koi said:

I spent a few hours at work trying so hard to hold it together until I could go home so I could cry and drink. I got home over an hour ago and now I find I am just too upset to even do either. I don't know what one does at this point.

This. I'm just sitting here staring. I'm too shell shocked to even drink my wine, and you ladies KNOW how much I love my wine. I'm just in disbelief. I really thought the only question was how much she would win by, not if she would win.

12 minutes ago, Toothfairy said:

White and blame others for their struggles 

Can anyone please tell me why Republicans care so much about abortion? There are born kids especially in foster care they can't care for. 

Because they believe that it's murder and that life should be protected and is sacred. 

4 minutes ago, Hokey Pokey said:

I have had this feeling for some time but haven't been able to pin point it so eloquently. I hope your health remains well into the future 

Thank you. Getting better everyday. Which brings me to another issue....

I worked in indigent healthcare for the vast majority of my nursing career. I don't think many quiet understand the negative effect the repel of Obamacare would have on many, many people. Is it perfect? No, but it does cover and help a lot of people that could never get help before. It is a reality for many -- a reality that could lead to death and massive financial hardship that could lead to bankruptcy. This is not a post to induce fear. I have seen it up close with many patients having to make decisions that no one should have to make due to costs of care. I had patients with liens put of their homes or taken to court by the local public hospital because that could not pay the costs of critical care and they were stuck because they did not qualify for help. It happens, and it happens more than you think. 

Trump won Alaska. He has 247, and he's leading in all the outstanding states except for New Hampshire, Maine and Minnesota, all of which together do not have enough votes to get her to 270.

1 minute ago, Snarkylark said:

Because they believe that it's murder and that life should be protected and is sacred. 

They're full of shit. If they really thought life should be protected and is sacred, they'd support adoption and programs to help people care for their children in terms of finances, education, health care, etc. They are only pro-birth...once the babies are born, those jerks don't care one iota about them.

Well, going to work tomorrow on no sleep won't change the course of events so I'm going to head to bed.  Maybe when I wake up this will all have been a bad dream.  

I love you guys for being living proof that there are smart, sane and rational people in this country.  You guys give me hope which is in otherwise short supply right now.

heres to praying I wake up to find he rigged it, they caught it, and she takes it.  

31 minutes ago, RoseWilder said:

The Associated Press just called the election for Pat Toomey in PA. 

The Republicans now officially have control of the senate. 

Yep we screwed. Really screwed. Wonder if rape if be legal? I'm not joking about rape. But with Trump anything can happen

3 minutes ago, Mecca said:

Thank you. Getting better everyday. Which brings me to another issue....

I worked in indigent healthcare for the vast majority of my nursing career. I don't think many quiet understand the negative effect the repel of Obamacare would have on many, many people. Is it perfect? No, but it does cover and help a lot of people that could never get help before. It is a reality for many -- a reality that could lead to death and massive financial hardship that could lead to bankruptcy. This is not a post to induce fear. I have seen it up close with many patients having to make decisions that no one should have to make due to costs of care. I had patients with liens put of their homes or taken to court by the local public hospital because that could not pay the costs of critical care and they were stuck because they did not qualify for help. It happens, and it happens more than you think. 

Regardless of this election, the current climate or which country I am in, I can't believe, can never believe that I live in a world where access to adequate health care is seen as a privilege or a luxury (something that you BUY) and not a basic human right. I am continually mystified and horrendously disappointed by this

3 minutes ago, pamplemousse said:

They're full of shit. If they really thought life should be protected and is sacred, they'd support adoption and programs to help people care for their children in terms of finances, education, health care, etc. They are only pro-birth...once the babies are born, those jerks don't care one iota about them.

Very true. Some of them do. But the cost for adoption is soooooo high. And taxes take a lot of disposable income that could be used to help others. I have a lot of die hard pro-life friends and family. They also want less government, not more. Just my observations, of course. I don't "like" abortion either but I also don't think the government should be involved in that decision. I've come to the point where I realize that even thought I don't agree with something, it doesn't mean I have the right to make other people comply with what I believe. 

Podesta is coming to talk to the faithful. That's not a good sign.

Apparently the AP called PA for Trump too.

Really what's gotten me most depressed is congress. I would have had an easier time dealing with president Trump if there was a democratic congress to stop him.

• Destiny locked this topic
  • OnceUponATime unpinned this topic

Archived