IGNORED

Election Results 2016

Destiny

2 minutes ago, Mrs Ms said:

Here in NZ the stock market has fallen lower than it did after the Brexit vote.

You guys are already seen as the biggest kids in the sandpit and suddenly there is a real chance you'll have a madman with small dick syndrome running your country. 

We have been proudly nuclear free since 1987 - including not letting your nuclear powered warships here and I've got visions of him going "let us land or we'll drop an a-bomb on you!"

Hard to believe that sooooo many in the US happily would prefer to set their entire country back 100 years before been lead by a woman! If you aren't white, male, straight AND rich, he will be of NO benefit to you...

I am sorry. I did not vote for him but I am ashamed for all those who did. I know that we are the laughing stocks.

• Replies 816
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Destiny said:

I guess we are going to find out. Since he has made a career out of fucking the little guy, I'm not sure how.

Fuck, I just realised that my kids are going to lose their health insurance.

One of mine, too.  He just turned 26 and fell off our insurance so we got him Obamacare.

And all of us with girls heading into adulthood they are facing a workforce in a country where people will elect a man president who thinks women who are sexually harassed at work should just quit if they can't take it.  

And his success will embolden others...he's blazing a very dangerous trail for all of us.

sorry before I cry myself to sleep tonight, I have family in uganda. Many cousins facebook messaged me being like "wtf happened?" my grandmother called my mom before we voted jokingly saying that we won't have a trump presidency. Now this.

sorry before I cry myself to sleep tonight, I have family in uganda. Many cousins facebook messaged me being like "wtf happened?" my grandmother called my mom before we voted jokingly saying that we won't have a trump presidency. Now this.

Just now, HerNameIsBuffy said:

And all of us with girls heading into adulthood they are facing a workforce in a country where people will elect a man president who thinks women who are sexually harassed at work should just quit if they can't take it.  

Plus the expectation of making the same money as their male counterparts: pffffft.... you should just work harder, now go make me a sammich.

I am with her and proudly voted against party for the first time today. I am so angry. I can't believe that women of this country cast a vote for him.  I have respected the office if not the man, but no longer if the red trend continues. 

I don't even understand the people who are voting for change and opposing "the establishment" are voting for those same insiders down ticket. 

Welp. I have a gyno appointment on December 2nd. I think I'll ask about getting sterilized while they still let women do that at all (takes some kicking and screaming right now).

Somebody please tell me that there's still room for the cheeto to loose. There has to be a way around it, have all of the votes been already been counted?

Holy shit, be strong. Meanwhile i'll be here praying to avoid another Irak or worse

15 minutes ago, Mecca said:

Can someone explain to me how a one percenter is somehow for the little guy, the middle class....the middle class that he has crapped on his whole career? 

This is so junior high, magnified in the worst way.

I wonder if the people who have felt (rightly or wrongly) bullied have decided to align themselves with the biggest bully of all.  Do they really think that after standing alongside the bully he'll stop all the other bullies?  No, he won't.  He'll feel distain for the worms that crawled to him for protection and grind them under his heel.  And he will go on to bully some more.  But now that the worms in his immediate vicinity are gone, the bully will look farther afield for new people dominate.  And he has nuclear codes.

A fucking idiot with the mentality of a junior high student, massive narcissism, sociopathy, and a chip on his shoulder has nuclear codes and can't understand why he shouldn't use them.

Just now, Fundie Bunny said:

Somebody please tell me that there's still room for the cheese to loose. There has to be a way around it, have all of the votes been already been counted?

Holy shit, be strong. Meanwhile i'll be here praying to avoid another Irak or worse

There are ways, but it doesn't look good, at all, and I'm an optimist. If you had told me when I woke up this morning that this would happen, I would have called you a liar.

CNN just called Utah for Trump.

Oh Flossie, you give him waaay too much credit-I'm thinking a fourth grader is more his mentality.

I'd never imagined I would support seceding from the Union, for reals. The impending SCOTUS and Trump's itching to war bait to use nukes will :angry-cussing: us up for generations. 

I think its crystal clear to us non americans that the FJ community in America do not support trump (i mean his surname may as well be duggar to most of us hehe!) please dont think you have to apologise. Some of us will understand the feeling of thinking that half of your country have lost their flipping minds. Whatever happens now, thats all new leadership in a number of western countries so i do believe, to quote the great bob dylan "the times, they are a changing!"

Agree.  When I woke up this morning the only question in my mind was by how large a margin she would win.

this is my first time watching election coverage on MSNBC - I'm surprised it's such a small pool of people and very subdued coverage.  Lack of hysteria is nice but you can see the tension in Rachel Maddow.  Has Chris Matthews been drinking?  Idk why but seems like it.

You know, my friends, it is not just a Trump presidency that I fear. It is the fact that this disgusting piece of filth has allowed other disgusting pieces of filth to come out from the shadows and have a voice. He has made racisim, sexism, bigotry, homophobia and xenophobia main stream. That should scare the living shit out of us all. 

This may sound strange, but I don't care. It is how I am truly feeling tonight. When I was told back in September I had cancer, I was scared. Very scared, but I am equally as scared of what is going on tonight and what has been going on in the world for awhile now. I was able to have treatment via surgery and get the cancer out. This cancer, known as hatred, is much different. It greatly effects us all on a GLOBAL scale. There is no cure once we have leaders like Trump get into positions of power. This type of hatred has been spreading throughout the world and Trump is a symptom of this. It is not just a U.S. issue. There is an upturn in hatred throughout the world. I am frightened by what I am seeing from many people... people I know. Regardless if Hillary pulls out a miracle tonight, the hatred is out of the bag and it will be hard to get back in. 

There have been some bright spots for the Democrats: Kamala Harris is CA's new Senator elect,  Tammy Duckworth is IL's new Senator elect, Chris Van Hollen is MD's new Senator elect, Catherine Cortez Masto is NV's new Senator elect, Charlie Crist won a seat  in the House for FL 13, here in DE our new Governor is John Carney & Lt Governor is Bethany Hall Long, & Delaware also elected Lisa Blunt Rochester the first woman & first African American to serve as our lone representative to Congress.   Also, Joe Arpaio lost, David Duke lost, and Scott Garrett lost. And finally recreational marijuana was legalized in CA, NV, & MA & medical marijuana in FL.  ME is still too close to right now per the NY Times and  in AZ will probably remain legal for medical use only.  I did my part to make sure that Trump didn't get elected, at least I can offer myself that consolation.  

The Associated Press just called the election for Pat Toomey in PA. 

The Republicans now officially have control of the senate. 

I'm sorry, but honestly, I can't believe some of the incredibly hopeless posts I've read here tonight. Don't get me wrong...I hate this man as much as all of you do. And it sickens me to my core that he is very likely going to be elected President. But to say things like your hope of making the same pay as your male counterparts is completely dead? Do you even hear yourself right now? The suffragettes that fought for our right to vote over 100 years ago are turning over in their graves right now. The ONLY reason that we as women, people of color, LGBT, and other minorities have made it as far as we have is because our ancestors, as well as ourselves, did NOT just lay down and give up hope. The ONLY reason that Nazi Germany, which many have compared a potential Trump presidency to, ever came to an end was because some brave souls were willing to stand up for what's right, even in seemingly small ways.

There is a difference between stating reasonable concerns and all-out fearmongering, which is what I see going on. Again, don't get me wrong...I really do fear what Trump will do, even to the point of wanting to move somewhere else like Canada. But as long as I'm stuck here, I refuse to give up hope in the America I know and love coming back. If I do, then I know there's no chance whatsoever that things will change for the better again. I never imagined Trump would make it as far as he has. But years ago, whoever imagined Clinton getting where she is now?

I really feel like many of you need to take some deep breaths and relax, as well as you can. I am not saying that to demean anyone's feelings. It's just that I know so many of you are strong, capable women that could turn this world on its ear and I hate seeing you crumple before one man. I'm getting off of this thread for my mental sanity and am making peace with however this election turns out, as hard as it is. Nothing lasts forever, even Trump.

@FloraKitty35: there was never any chance of California not having a new Democratic Senator. There were only Democrats on the ballot. Source: Californian who voted for her.

2 minutes ago, Mecca said:

You know, my friends, it is not just a Trump presidency that I fear. It is the fact that this disgusting piece of filth has allowed other disgusting pieces of filth to come out from the shadows and have voice. He has made racisim, sexism, bigotry, homophobia and xenophobia main stream. That should scare the living shit out of us all. 

This may sound strange, but I don't care. It is how I am truly feeling tonight. When I was told back in September I had cancer, I was scared. Very scared, but I am equally as scared of what is going on tonight and what has been going on in the world for awhile now. I was able to have treatment via surgery and get the cancer out. This cancer, known as hatred, is much different. It greatly effects us all on a GLOBAL scale. There is no cure once we have leaders like Trump get into positions of power. This type of hatred has been spreading throughout the world and Trump is a symptom of this. It is not just a U.S. issue. There is an upturn in hatred throughout the world. I am frightened by what I am seeing from many people... people I know. Regardless if Hillary pulls out a miracle tonight, the hatred is out of the bag and it will be hard to get back in. 

I have had this feeling for some time but haven't been able to pin point it so eloquently. I hope your health remains well into the future 

They've got the House, the Senate, the Presidency, so they'll soon have the Supreme Court.

That's, uh, that's it. There's no fourth branch of national government.

Just now, lawfulevil said:

They've got the House, the Senate, the Presidency, so they'll soon have the Supreme Court.

That's, uh, that's it. There's no fourth branch of national government.

That's what scares the shit out of me. They have all of it, with cases pending for everything I care about.

• Destiny locked this topic
  • OnceUponATime unpinned this topic

Archived