IGNORED

Election Results 2016

Destiny

1 minute ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

May I point out we've never had a situation where anyone like Trump has been at the helm?  Not to mention, "republican" has a very different meaning now than it used to.

Both of these things. I.....I have no words.

• Replies 816
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, SnazzyNazzy said:

Can you mail me a live Huntsman spider, so I can throw it on my fella?

I really need to start a support group for Democrat women, that are married to Republican men.

To say it's tense in my house, is an understatement. MrSnazzy hasn't said a word to me in over an hour, because I tore him a new one.

Sorry-

My hubs voted Clinton, but is in the "it's ok" camp also got the cold shoulder treatment. I think it's different for men. People likely did not just elect a dick grabber for POTUS!

12 minutes ago, Toothfairy said:

I hope they realize this will never happen. Even if it did abortions will still happen. 

I've tried to argue with some Republicans that it isn't in their best interest to overturn Roe v Wade and gay marriage but they don't get it. Until they are overturned, you have a group who votes Republican just so they can have them overturned and save the babies and their exclusive version of marriage. We know many of the Fundies we follow are in this group, as all they can talk about is abortion and gay marriage. If they are  overturned, that group of voters may look at some of the other Republican platform planks and see that they've been played for their votes for years. 

It would be like a candidate running on the platform that they will make Pumpkin Spice Lattes a year round think at Starbucks. In this comparison, there would be a group that  feels this is the most important issue to them, and that is why they are a member of the party. As long as you can't get the PSL year round and a candidate says they will do this, the people in the group will vote for that candidate and that party, no matter what. If the PSL were finally made available year round, the supporters wouldn't have anything to support and may abandon the party if they examine other things and see that the party really didn't have any of their best interests as a plank, besides the PSL.

1 minute ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

May I point out we've never had a situation where anyone like Trump has been at the helm?  Not to mention, "republican" has a very different meaning now than it used to.

Exactly.  Those Republicans from 40 years ago would be considered left wing radicals today.

People need to know history.  I swear that's half the problem with this country.

7 minutes ago, Toothfairy said:

I hope people realize Trump is for the 1%. WW3 is next. 

IKR! These people would NEVER get past the doormen of Mar-A-Lago or Trump Tower. I don't get it. :angry-banghead:

Lest anyone think I am pro Trump-I am not! My youngest, my baby,  is trans so just because I would like to keep my guns for my own protection, doesn't make me a Right winged Trump supporter.

3 minutes ago, SnazzyNazzy said:

Can you mail me a live Huntsman spider, so I can throw it on my fella?

I really need to start a support group for Democrat women, that are married to Republican men.

To say it's tense in my house, is an understatement. MrSnazzy hasn't said a word to me in over an hour, because I tore him a new one.

Wow, I can't imagine the feeling in your house right now. I'll get right on that spider, it's the least I can do

10 minutes ago, Pretzel said:

I'm taking some of you in as refugees here in Germany. Here's a box of handkerchiefs for y'alls' tears...

How sad is it that in the 20's my grandparents took my Daddy and left Germany for a better life here...and in 2016 I wish I could head to your place.

4 minutes ago, DaniLouisiana said:

Lest anyone think I am pro Trump-I am not! My youngest, my baby,  is trans so just because I would like to keep my guns for my own protection, doesn't make me a Right winged Trump supporter.

Trust me.  No one is giving you a thought.

6 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

How sad is it that in the 20's my grandparents took my Daddy and left Germany for a better life here...and in 2016 I wish I could head to your place.

It shouldn't be too hard for Americans with skills and qualifications. It's a lot harder for Syrians with no education. The Syrians got asylum (and rightly so!), so you will too. Hugs. <3 

I have just realised that my dream of making the same money as my male counterparts, which I have never done in my life, is dead.

1 minute ago, Geechee Girl said:

CNN calling HRC .10% ahead in New Hampshire by 18 votes.

What percentage of the vote is in?

2 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I'm not sure Germany or any other European nation is going to be exempt from this nightmare, even though they had no say in the matter.

Trump is truly Putin's puppet.  He wants out of NATO.  I'm not sober enough right now to connect any further dots, but this does not feel like a good situation all around.

From Facebook in case anyone needs it:

List of Suicide Crisis supports in the USA:
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1800-273-8255
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: Online Chat Crisis Text Line: Text START to 741-741
The Trevor Project (LBGT+): 1-866-488-7386
Trans Lifeline: (877) 565-8860

If you DO need one of those numbers, YOU ARE NOT WEAK. Do what you need to take care of yourself. Here is a stick. Keep fighting.

• Destiny locked this topic
  • OnceUponATime unpinned this topic

Archived