IGNORED

Election Results 2016

Destiny

2 minutes ago, MorningMist said:

TBH I was more referring to people who did vote for trump due to racist biases. We've seen an interest in hate crimes over here due to racist thoughts being solidified.

They won, and will behave and be insufferable for a while. I'm not worried about violence with Hillary losing - for now. They have everything they wanted. I was worried if the reverse had been true though.

Show of hands, who thinks The Orange Dick is shitting himself that he won and has to actually BE president now?

• Replies 816
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Destiny said:

They won, and will behave and be insufferable for a while. I'm not worried about violence with Hillary losing - for now. They have everything they wanted. I was worried if the reverse had been true though.

Show of hands, who thinks The Orange Dick is shitting himself that he won and has to actually BE president now?

He doesn't know the first thing about being president. But it does show that a billionaire, white man generally gets what he wants when a woman is involved.

Can Kellyanne come and do the job for him? He'd get the paycheck and accolades and she could do all the work and catch all the grief.

2 minutes ago, Destiny said:

me!

but his speech was weird. like not that much trump.

to be honest, I'm way more concerned about what  a trump presidency means in terms of climate change than nuclear stuff. i'm just going to believe that Pence will have the nuclear codes locked up in a safe that Trump doesn't know the code to.

I seriously thought Clinton was going to win and that it was going to be a close election. Can't believe some of the states flipped! 

1 minute ago, SassyPants said:

He doesn't know the first thing about being president. But it does show that a billionaire, white man generally gets what he wants when a woman is involved.

Wait, you mean that rich white man will get picked for an important job over a better qualified woman? SHOCKER! Wait, no it isn't, that's been most of my life!

(note the use of sarcasm font, I know I'm preaching to the choir.)

1 minute ago, Destiny said:

They won, and will behave and be insufferable for a while. I'm not worried about violence with Hillary losing. I was worried if the reverse had been true though.

Yeah, apparently the system is not rigged since he won.  :pb_rollseyes:

I seriously cannot believe the 45th president of the U.S. is a washed up reality show host. What other reality stars will he appoint to his cabinet? Kim K? Paulie  D.? Perhaps Nene Leakes? 

1 minute ago, Mecca said:

I seriously cannot believe the 45th president of the U.S. is a washed up reality show host. What other reality stars will he appoint to his cabinet? Kim K? Paulie  D.? Perhaps Nene Leakes? 

lol

I also predicted as I have not been on this site often, that it would be a close election. I think Trump said the right things and it appealed to voters. Though I do predict a long road ahead. 

1 minute ago, OnceUponATime said:

to be honest, I'm way more concerned about what  a trump presidency means in terms of climate change than nuclear stuff. i'm just going to believe that Pence will have the nuclear codes locked up in a safe that Trump doesn't know the code to.

My main terror is the Supreme Court. Most of the major improvements in civil rights have been as a result of the court, and the idea of him appointing people like him scares the shit out of me. In reality, the president doesn't have a massive amount of power to make policy, but in the area of nukes and the court? He can do a lot of damage. Oh and making treaties. He really can pull us out of treaties, which bodes poorly for some of the climate change stuff too.

Watching the Obamas do their final walk out of the White House will be awful. It will truly be the end of a legacy. Black twitter has been in mourning for months in anticipation of Jan 20th. Now the rest of the blogosphere will join us. 

So...my Trump voting, 80 YO parents  texted to ask if I am moving to Ecuador. So, I texted back, If Trump had bragged about grabbing males in their crotches would you have still voted for him?  *SILENCE*

17 minutes ago, Mecca said:

Omarosa. 

Omarosa Manigault said Donald Trump will keep a list of Republicans who voted against the GOP nominee in the presidential election.

"It's so great our enemies are making themselves clear so that when we get in to the White House, we know where we stand," the former "Apprentice" contestant told the Independent Journal Review.

She singled out Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.), who announced on Twitter on Tuesday that he voted for independent candidate Evan McMullin for president.

“If [Graham] felt his interests was with that candidate, God bless him," she said.

"I would never judge anybody for exercising their right to and the freedom to choose who they want. But let me just tell you, Mr. Trump has a long memory and we’re keeping a list.”

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/305067-omarosa-trump-campaign-keeping-list-of-enemies

I am flabbergasted at the exit polling results. People still continuing to vote against their own best interests. 

This is going to be a long four fucking years, my friends. The only thing I can really suggest is we all be the change we want to see in others. I know I am not good at that at times because I tend to want to smack the shit out of most people that get on my last nerve, but I will try my best. We must stick together to get through this because we will have some tough challenges ahead. 

I want to see if other people who have never held office before can secure a nomination years down the road. Maybe we'll get some decent guy/gal with a middle class background.

His speech was full of boasts, but at the least he told people to be grateful for Hillary Clinton's years of service (never mind that he mocked her just days before).

Wait. Did that Assclown seriously say in his speech that we need to start the urgent task of rebuilding our nation? 

Please excuse me for my yelling and cursing ahead, but...

WHAT THE FUCK IS FUCKFACE TALKING ABOUT? DOES THE COMMANDER IN ORANGE NOT UNDERSTAND THAT HE IS THE MAIN REASON FOR THIS GREAT DIVIVE AND INCITED SUCH A DIVIDE? DEAR HEAVENS, THIS MAN IS FUCKING STUPID AS SHIT. AND PEOPLE EAT IT UP!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

I don't believe he won this thing legitimately. And I don't care if that makes me sound like an unhinged lunatic. I don't believe it for a second. 

I told my Mother tonight that I think we have to take this one day at a time, and not look too far to the future because it's too terrifying. 

Also, this election has been the final push I needed to remove a few toxic relatives from my life. They have shown themselves to be racist, sexist, xenophobic, and homophobic - and I just can't spend my time being surrounded by people like that anymore. 

His speech was more tame than I expected. I'm not buying it. I want the spineless members of the GOP to acknowledge this win is partly due to white revenge for enduring 8 years of an uppity black man who rose above his place.

5 minutes ago, Destiny said:

The possibility and now the reality of a Trump presidency has left me deeply depressed. So depressed that I checked myself into an emergency room and that's where I am as I write this post (my psychiatrist actually wanted to have me involuntarily committed yesterday, but I assured her that I could be trusted to seek help if I needed it). I'm not looking for support or "poor me" sentiments, because I've already done what I needed to do to keep myself safe, and I would suggest any other members do the same if they are in that place. I've had mental health issues for some time, but this is unprecedented. I just felt like everything was hopeless, that the election of Trump was the ultimate FU to all people of color, especially blacks. The fact that a man who was endorsed by the Klan and Storefront could win so overwhelmingly suggests that the entire foundation this country is built on is fundamentally rotten and can never be fixed. The US never intended for people like me to be citizens, much less dare to be equals of whites. Obama did everything by the conservative playbook and was a pretty moderate politician, but all conservatives could see was a Muslim, commie, atheist former community organizer.

My mom keeps telling me that we'll be fine under Trump because of our socioeconomic status and advanced degrees, but I told her my current angst is not about whether our material situation will be negatively impacted, but about what kind of country the US is supposed to be. With Obama, I thought maybe things are changing for the better, but I feel like it's all for naught. Many whites are more offended by talking about racism than racism itself. They don't see the pain racism causes, because they don't think it is a problem, and we should all just shuffle and grin like it's Gone with the Wind. I remember that the novel "My Name is Asher Lev" said of Vienna that it was a beautiful city that lives waltzes and hates Jews. Tonight I feel like the US is a beautiful country with many multitudes and it hates blacks (among others)

From a colored girl who considered suicide when the 2016 election was too much

I'm so glad I managed to convince my boyfriend to vote Hilary. He convinced his brother to vote Hilary too, and those votes cancelled out their parents' votes for Trump. They were going to vote third party. They changed their vote because of how insistent I was that a vote for a 3rd party was a vote for Trump and all my reasons for why. The only comfort they have right now is that they did the right thing, and I'm really proud of them for it.

@Cleopatra7 I hear you, I really do. :hug:  Many of us share your outlook and trepidation of what's to come. I'll lift you up and give praise you are in safe place with care and support. 

@Cleopatra7 I am really sorry you are going through this. I know I can't say or do anything to make this all go away, but know we all wish you well and we have your back. Take care of yourself. 

@Cleopatra7I know nothing anyone says will help. I'm so proud of you for being strong enough and wise enough to seek help when you felt you needed it. We're sending you all our love and support. Please take care of yourself! 

And suddenly the term "trumped up charges" takes on a very different and scary feeling meaning.... 

I just have to keep telling myself that he will never make it to 4 years because he will be impeached in under 2 years! 

Alright, y'all. I'm out, way past my bedtime. The tv anchors have changed shift, and the Monday night quarterbacking will only get worse.

• Destiny locked this topic
  • OnceUponATime unpinned this topic

Archived