IGNORED

Election Results 2016

Destiny

• Replies 816
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, Snarkylark said:

Because they believe that it's murder and that life should be protected and is sacred. 

Come on. There are bigger issues

I just heard that Clinton called Trump and conceded the election.

1 minute ago, Cartmann99 said:

I just heard that Clinton called Trump and conceded the election.

I want to downvote you for this so bad, but that's not fair, so I'm just gonna sit here and cry instead.

Just now, iweartanktops said:

. . . And the smug, bigoted piece of shit takes the stage. 

I can't. I'm out.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/what-should-we-tell-the-children_us_5822aa90e4b0334571e0a30b

A good article on how to talk with our children about the election results.

And from the comment section, a beautiful poem by David Burstein:

a prayer for my children
I put you to bed tonight and rubbed your backs and told you not to worry
That our country is a place where they can feel safe and where all have the right for love and peace and justice and...
When we are faced with fear we link arms and become brave
When we are faced with hate we stand at the doors of mosques and borders and stand with our neighbors our brothers our sisters
and say together we will choose to love and accept and protect and see the spark of God in you
I will tell my children that good will unite us and change us and save us
I believe in hope and joy and struggle through pain and the resiliency of the human spirit
I believe in us
So when you awake tomorrow I will hold you and the first face you will see will be one of love and the first words you hear will be ones of kindness and those arms that hold you will be of all of us willing to make a difference

When you arrive at a university class oitside the US and everyone is talking about the cheeto. Best comment i've heard yet, hey at least this makes our president look good

35 minutes ago, livinginthelight said:

Here is my best possible understanding of this mind-blowingly f*d up situation:

Our country has had an infection from the days of its founding. A cancer. The infection of racism and intolerance of anyone who is not white, straight, male, and Christian. A self-serving narcissism.

We have pretended for years that the infection is not there. Well, infections must be clearly identified in order to be addressed. They must be brought out into the open and not denied. This election is removing our fragile facade, exposing our ugly underbelly for the world (and ourselves) to see.

Those of us who are not infected have a sacred job to do. We must speak up with courage in the face of oppression and injustice, with no tolerance at all for it. We no longer can afford to be complacent. We must refuse to participate in hatred. We must sow love.

Maybe some of us have lived in denial, convincing ourselves that things are not that bad. They are. This is our time and our call. I pray that we have courage and strength to fight.

Just wanted to also commend you on such a wonderful post, and quote it so more people can read it. And I wish I could give you a hug . As long as there are people like you in this country willing to be brave enough to stand up and fight back with love, we will rise above this! 

I had a longer post in response to this and accidentally lost it!

There wasn't an emoticon that covered my feelings. I'm not really sure that's even possible. So I had to make an art for it.

welp.png

Just now, ADoyle90815 said:

We are soooooo fucked. I'm now watching a Too Cute marathon on Animal Planet.

I switched to my beloved Leverage. Parker makes everything better.

Just checking in to say that every single person I have spoken to today is in complete disbelief. No matter what side of Australian politics people are on, the consensus is that something has gone terribly horribly wrong. 

Thanks America for making Brexit seem like child's play. It honestly makes me feel better about the whole ordeal seeing what you're going through. I really hope there isn't much violence after this for you...

1 minute ago, MorningMist said:

Thanks America for making Brexit seem like child's play. It honestly makes me feel better about the whole ordeal seeing what you're going through. I really hope there isn't much violence after this...

I don't expect there to be much, if any. Democrats are, as a stereotype with basis in truth, not fond of guns or violence, and prefer to war with words.

4 minutes ago, Destiny said:
I don't expect there to be much. Democrats are, as a stereotype with basis in truth, not fond of guns or violence, and prefer to war with words.

TBH I was more referring to people who did vote for trump due to racist biases. We've seen an interest in hate crimes over here due to racist thoughts being solidified through politics.

I don't have words. This is so surreal. 

I can't believe I'm living through this.

• Destiny locked this topic
  • OnceUponATime unpinned this topic

Archived