IGNORED

Election Results 2016

Destiny

I wonder, as he isn't that widely liked within the Republican party, if they will be somehow able to control him so he doesn't do anything too damaging.

Who knows.

All I know is, sometime in the last 8 years we've totally lost our way (not just the US).

• Replies 816
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Time to brush up my resume.  When the economy tanks and I get laid off, I'm looking for a job in Canada.  I'd go to Australia because the weather is better, but I hear it's really hard to emigrate there.  I suppose I can deal with the cold weather.

I just can't believe so many Americans are this stupid.  I'll laugh in their faces in 4 years when he's literally done nothing he's promised to do. Most manufacturing jobs have not left the country.  We're still the second biggest manufacturer in the world behind China.  Most jobs have either been shed because they were in now obsolete industries or they've been replaced by automation.  Trump isn't going to change that.  The industries that have gone overseas are mostly industries like textile.  Are these people who want these jobs here going to do them for $2 an hour with no benefits?  Are the going to pay $20 more for an article of clothing?  Yeah, I didn't think so.  He isn't going to build a wall.  It costs to much and Mexico sure as hell isn't going to pay for it.  Are the people who voted for him going to agree to raised taxes to pay for the wall or to pay the massive cost of hunting down illegal immigrants and deporting them?  Yeah, I didn't think so.  Will Trump work with Congress to make college and trade school free for people who need to retrain because their job is now obsolete?  Yeah, didn't think so.  He's not going to do anything to help anyone and why on earth they thought he would is beyond me.  I guess one thing his presidency will do is make Obama's presidency look even better in history books should the U.S. last that long.

One thing this election has taught me is that Christians in general are hypocrites.  They'll sell out their values for money in a heartbeat.  They talk a good game about morals, but it's apparent they don't put a lot of stock in those beliefs.  If they think it's OK for the leader of the U.S. to be a thrice divorced adulterer who treats people like shit and cheats people just to line his own pockets, then certainly those traits are okay in a measly accountant or teacher or engineer right?

59 minutes ago, Mrs Ms said:

And suddenly the term "trumped up charges" takes on a very different and scary feeling meaning.... 

I just have to keep telling myself that he will never make it to 4 years because he will be impeached in under 2 years! 

Pray to God that doesn't happen. Mike Pence as President is far scarier than Trump as President. He's better spoken and has a far better idea of how the job actually works - meaning he would have far greater potential to fuck more people over.

Well, American voters have spoken and loudly proclaimed their support for a racist, xenophobic, homophobic, narcissistic misogynist. While I hoped and prayed that we were better than that, that hope died hard last night. This is where our reality tv culture gas led us.

In January we will go from 8 years of a president with intelligence, competence, and class to a entitled, boorish, self-aggrandizing clown. I understand the desire for change. Many people from many different walks of life have felt passed over and neglected by the system. Everyone wants and deserves a better life for themselves and their children. I can not see how anyone could look to Donald Trump for the answer to their troubles. He is PT Barnum, showing us the smoke and mirrors in the center ring while the fire burns out of control on the right, and the lions eat the tamers on the left. 

I could be wrong. I've been wrong before. I hope I am now. We're down, not out. We'll go through the fire and come out stronger. See you all on the other side.

I am so angry.  I'm so fucking angry. Angry that we live in a world where a person like Trump gets elected. What the hell is wrong with people? 

But, I really don't want him impeached because President Pence will be 100% worse. Maybe Trump will spend four years decorating the White House in tacky gold and buying large paintings of himself. We can hope. Pence will actually get shit done, but I'm not sure how dedicated Trump is to all the stuff he has been saying. 

I really don't know what to say just now, I am in shock that he is really going to be the next President. I woke up this morning and turned on the news, saw that he was winning and pinched myself to see if I really was awake and it wasn't just a bad dream.

The world is heading in a direction I can't stand and I am scared for my daughters future. She is growing up in a world full of hate and division, it is now even more important to teach our children love, understanding, compassion and standing up for the right of all to live in freedom from hate, racism, sexism, and all the other horrible beliefs that have sprang forth in the midst of this bleak time in our world.

I have to hold on to the hope that things will get better, people will realise the mistakes that have been made and we can change it, right now that hope is small but I will try with all my might to hang on to it. I hope everyone here can hold on as well, we are going to need it.

I read somewhere is that the White House isn't guilded enough for the Donald and that he might just live in his Washington hotel. I guess this is farewell to Michelle's white house garden.

8 minutes ago, caszandra said:

I really don't know what to say just now, I am in shock that he is really going to be the next President. I woke up this morning and turned on the news, saw that he was winning and pinched myself to see if I really was awake and it wasn't just a bad dream.

The world is heading in a direction I can't stand and I am scared for my daughters future. She is growing up in a world full of hate and division, it is now even more important to teach our children love, understanding, compassion and standing up for the right of all to live in freedom from hate, racism, sexism, and all the other horrible beliefs that have sprang forth in the midst of this bleak time in our world.

I have to hold on to the hope that things will get better, people will realise the mistakes that have been made and we can change it, right now that hope is small but I will try with all my might to hang on to it. I hope everyone here can hold on as well, we are going to need it.

But why?  Apparently what everyone wants is a selfish, only look out for number one society.  Why else would they have elected Trump?  If that's what they want, then I say let them have it.  If they feel the pain of the choice they made, then maybe they'll make a better decision next time.

I went to bed early last night with a migraine.  Seems like some rather depressing foreshadowing now. Saw the news this morning and am legit crying.

I am wearing all black for at least 30 days. And joining the organization Citizens Against Noxious Trump (CANT). We need a tee shirt that says "Donald grab em by the pussy Trump-President. Can you believe this shyte?" So sad right now. Five hours sleep for me. Oh, and  I am not watching any of the news outlets for  four years. Their biased reporting contributed to this disaster. All for ratings. Fuck them all.

My oldest daughter got up this morning excited about the first woman being elected president. She cried when she found out Trump won. She keeps saying "But why did people vote for him? He's mean." I don't know how to answer that because I can't comprehend why so many people voted for him. 

17 minutes ago, Lillybee said:

Can we impeach him for not building that wall?

Like I said before, that would be worse than four years of Trump because he chose Mike Pence as his VP.

17 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

I am wearing all black for at least 30 days. And joining the organization Citizens Against Noxious Trump (CANT). We need a tee shirt that says "Donald grab em by the pussy Trump-President. Can you believe this shyte?" So sad right now. Five hours sleep for me. Oh, and  I am not watching any of the news outlets for  four years. Their biased reporting contributed to this disaster. All for ratings. Fuck them all.

I got less than that. Maybe a total of two hours if I'm lucky. Same with husband.

Velocipuppy was so confused. We put her to bed and then came back down in the middle of the night when we couldn't sleep. She was wandering around bleary-eyed, confused, and unsure of where to go... so pretty much like a lot of the country feels right now.

I already told husband we can get rid of cable when the contract is up. I was on the fence before because of Game of Thrones - but no way do I want to expose my baby to more Trump than necessary. Plus, it'll save us a bit each month and I have a bad feeling we may need it.

I cannot imagine seeing his ugly mug everywhere for the next four years, or even worse, hearing speech after speech. I want to pretend this man doesn't exist for the next four years while not ignoring the bigger issue. I wasn't in denial about how the South was, but I am shocked the rest of the country could do this.

33 minutes ago, Childless said:

But why?  Apparently what everyone wants is a selfish, only look out for number one society.  Why else would they have elected Trump?  If that's what they want, then I say let them have it.  If they feel the pain of the choice they made, then maybe they'll make a better decision next time.

Because I need to keep the hope alive for my daughter, to show her that no matter the outcome not everyone is racist, sexist, misogynistic, homophobic, narcissistic and only out for themsleves. That hope however small is worth holding on to cause otherwise I might just curl up in a ball and say 'fuck this shit, I'm done' and that really would be letting them win.

@Cleopatra7, (((HUG)))

As a Black woman, I share many of your thoughts and feelings. Honestly, I have long had mixed feelings about America, the country of my birth. But this disaster just cements my thinking about all that is wrong with America.  There is no post racial society. I feel like a stranger in a strange land.

PM me anytime. I enjoy your intelligent and articulate posts.

I am shutting it down today, no work, nothing. Truly in mourning.

I`m scared for u guys, this reminded me of Hugo Chavez`s Victory in 1998... and here I am exiled from my country 18 years later. The worst part is all of the american people who voted for Trump, I can`t believe theres so many hateful assholes in the US.

@Cleopatra7 Please take care of yourself.

Along with so much of FJ, I am so depressed and worried. I keep wondering what this says about us as a country that Agent Orange could actually get elected. People thought Nixon was vengeful with his enemies list. We ain't seen nothing yet. I shudder to think what the Supreme Court will look like in four years. I hope the Notorious RBG can hold on for that long. I have a long drive today and I got almost no sleep, I kept waking up and watching CNN. When PA swung for Drumpf, I actually got sick to my stomach.

Thanks to all the wonderful FJers who will help us all get through this difficult time.

2 hours ago, CoveredInBees said:

I wonder, as he isn't that widely liked within the Republican party, if they will be somehow able to control him so he doesn't do anything too damaging.

Who knows.

All I know is, sometime in the last 8 years we've totally lost our way (not just the US).

That's what I've told my 12 yo daughter this morning when she started crying and asking  e what we are going to do to not go to war:  the other politicians will keep him in check.  I' m trying to believe it.

@Cleopatra7 I am so thankful you are taking care of yourself.  Remember how cared for you are here, and know I' m thinking about you.  

I'm trying not to get too depressed. I can't say I'm shocked by the result, though.

I'm probably not going to have health insurance for much longer if Trump does what he says he's going to do. I really don't know what I'm going to do now.

I've been traveling for a couple of weeks, able to read, but unable to post.  Although I am very worried and almost too depressed to post, I wanted to say thank you to all here at FJ who are so thoughtful and kept me going through this bizarre campaign season.  You are a marvelous group. 

My strategy for the next four years includes stocking up on wine and focusing on building up cash reserves.  Here's hoping for the best, but preparing for the worst.

Sigh...

• Destiny locked this topic
  • OnceUponATime unpinned this topic

Archived