IGNORED

Election Results 2016

Destiny

Finally, the day is here. I don't know about y'all but this election cycle felt about a year too fucking long.

This topic will unlock at 7:30PM Tuesday. Feel free to use it to discuss whatever you want election results-wise. Hopefully today will spell the end of The Dark Time of Trump (please FSM PLEASE!).

Edit: it has been pointed out to me that the first polls close at 6, not 8, so I'm going to change the opening time to 5:30PM eastern. 

• Replies 816
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since apparently we are going to have data at 5PM, I'm going to go ahead and open this now, even though I can't quite figure out how we are going to have data before the polls actually close. GO NUTS PEOPLE! :)

Okay MSNBC needs to get St. Maddow up stat. I need her! I know it's going to be a late night but if anyone can work 8+ hours straight it's her!

I truly wish that the talking heads from both sides would shut up (I know, not going to happen). If you listen to the Ds, Clinton has it in the bag and 30 seconds later, a representative from the GOP is on the TV spewing how they are certain, they are up 12 points in FL and leading in NC and OH and a Trump win is in the bag.

This shit is only going to fuel the anger (and more, I'm afraid) if the actual votes skews heavily to one side.

WTH do polls close at 6 and why are you OK with that? Jesus, we need to change our voting. 

WTH do polls close at 6 and why are you OK with that? Jesus, we need to change our voting. 

Preach my sister preach.

Here's some of the data they're showing:

18% of voters under 30

17% over 65

54% of voters under 30 going for Clinton

34% of voters under 30 going for Trump

37% have favorable opinion of trump

44% have favorable opinion of Clinton

61% have unfavorable view of Trump

54% have unfavorable view of Clinton

32% say Trump is honest and trustworthy

38% say Clinton is honest and trustworthy

52% say economy is most important factor

22% say Supreme Court was most important factor

49$ say criminal justice system treats black people unfairly

69% dissatisfied or angry with federal govt

Trump got 40% of college grads

87% decided before last week

75% decided before last month

54% oppose border wall

54% approve of Obama

45% disapprove of Obama

Voters nationwide: 27% liberal, 39% moderate, 35% conservative

50% of voters have college degree

Clinton getting 52% of college grads

Trump getting 40% of college grads

Among black voters: 87% Clinton, 8% Trump

Hispanic voters: 65% Clinton, 27% Trump

Voters under 30: 54% Dem, 34% Rep

65 and older: 45% Dem, 52% Rep

The Bushes didn't vote or anyone for president

29 minutes ago, Maggie Mae said:

That's how things are here in backwards Indiana. Polls close at 6 and there's a law that says if a person is speeding, you have to get out of their way or you're the one breaking the law (seriously, that's actually law here.) 

14 minutes ago, RoseWilder said:

That's how things are here in backwards Indiana. Polls close at 6 and there's a law that says if a person is speeding, you have to get out of their way or you're the one breaking the law (seriously, that's actually law here.) 

We have a law that says if there are more than 5 cars behind you on the highway, you have to pull over and let them pass, or you will be cited. It's weird until you are stuck behind a motor home going 45 that refuses to get over and there are a bunch of people speeding behind you being frightening. I wish everyone could just be more patient! 

6 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

I looked up what time our polls close and that was the first hit. Not helpful, as it's in EST. Still better than the maps that CNN keeps pushing out that are missing a couple of states. Kind of makes me want to vote for Trump. 

I think it's unfair that the media can report on the results before ALL polls across the country are closed.  It's also pretty silly that they are *cue breaking news music* showing results after one percent have voted. 

(Also, I will never understand the electoral vote. It makes no sense to me at all.)

Good luck, American FJers. Fingers crossed that you get your first female president!

Do you think it's a good sign that they haven't announced the results for Indiana & Kentucky yet? 

Most of the polls closed at 6 (with a few still open till 7) - but both states should be slam dunks for Trump. 

I figured that, even with a few polls staying open till 7, Trump would still be far enough ahead by now to call those states. 

20 minutes ago, Maggie Mae said:

I looked up what time our polls close and that was the first hit. Not helpful, as it's in EST. Still better than the maps that CNN keeps pushing out that are missing a couple of states. Kind of makes me want to vote for Trump. 

Alaska is four hours behind Eastern time. 

Do you in the western time zones ever feel your votes don't count?  I think that would piss me off bigly.

25 minutes ago, Fascinated said:

I think it's unfair that the media can report on the results before ALL polls across the country are closed.  It's also pretty silly that they are *cue breaking news music* showing results after one percent have voted. 

(Also, I will never understand the electoral vote. It makes no sense to me at all.)

Good luck, American FJers. Fingers crossed that you get your first female president!

The founding fathers were afraid that Joe Average wasn't bright enough to be entrusted with choosing a president solely by the popular vote. The electoral college is supposed to help prevent us from e!ecting a nutbag like Trump.

Just now, Cartmann99 said:

The founding fathers were afraid that Joe Average wasn't bright enough to be entrusted with choosing a president solely by the popular vote. The electoral college is supposed to help prevent us from e!ecting a nutbag like Trump.

Do you think it works?  Bush??

2 minutes ago, RoseWilder said:

MSNBC just called Indiana and Kentucky for Trump. GAG. 

No surprise, really. My family in IN voted for Clinton, though!

Vermont for Clinton per CNN.

also send help. I'm surrounded by trump people here. SEND HELP.

I can't shake this bad, bad feeling I have. I truly hope it's for no reason.

9 minutes ago, Fascinated said:

Do you in the western time zones ever feel your votes don't count?  I think that would piss me off bigly.

Not really. I think my state (CA) is usually the one that puts the count over the 270 mark.

Not really. I think my state (CA) is usually the one that puts the count over the 270 mark.

#teamcalifornia. I do hate the electoral college bit hopefully it will be helpful tonight.

• Destiny locked this topic
  • OnceUponATime unpinned this topic

Archived