IGNORED

Jingermy - We 'Knew' the Bride When She Used to Snarky Eyeroll

HerNameIsBuffy

That Rodriguez song set my teeth on edge. I may have to lie down and drink tea and eat chocolate to recover. I think my whole day is shot.

Regarding M's shoes, my mother also had to wear lace up shoes, due to an illness. A neighbor gave me an old pair of her heels when I was littld, so I could play dress up.

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Bad Wolf said:

That Rodriguez song set my teeth on edge. I may have to lie down and drink tea and eat chocolate to recover. I think my whole day is shot.

Regarding M's shoes, my mother also had to wear lace up shoes, due to an illness. A neighbor gave me an old pair of her heels when I was littld, so I could play dress up.

Oh my gosh, the second she started with the two roosters not being able to hatch chicks... I knew in my heart of hearts that she wrote it but I still googled the lyrics JUST IN CASE. 

#FreeNurie

Johannah is getting so grown up! She looks like a spitting imagine of Jedediah in my opinion. I wish she has some more time before she has to hardcore sister mom , but very unlikely. 

8 minutes ago, metheglyn said:

Interesting to see what a different color Jessa's dress is indoors!

Jessa's Bridesmaids 4.JPG

I still think Jessa looks like a sorceress casting a spell in that pic top left. lol

29 minutes ago, Pretzel said:

I'm hardly a Duggar fan but the snark on Michelle's shoes has become ridiculous. Yes, they're "convent shoes" and not exactly pretty or fashionable but they don't have to be. Her shoes need to be comfortable and have arch support.

We don't know for sure but we can assume that she does need a special shoe simply from the fact that this woman's had 19 children, many pregnancies, some with other health issues and it would surprise me if all the birthing for Jesus had not left its marks on her overall health, especially her back and feet. I don't want to imply that needing an orthopedic shoe necessarily has to do with what she put her body through, but it seems very likely.

Michelle Duggar doesn't have to conform to anybody's idea of what constitutes a proper MOTB outfit. If she felt comfortable in what she wore then more power to her. Their cult puts so much pressure on these women to always look groomed and neat and pretty and fashionable and modest on top of that, that we should give them a break once in a while. As long as people show up clean, kempt and somewhat in accordance to the event, I really don't care what they wear in particular. 

:clap:

My mom had bunions on her feet that were removed, among other issues. She made an effort to wear dress sandals to my wedding and my sister's wedding - neither of us requested she do that because we wanted her comfortable, but she was excited and wanted to. She wore them for the ceremony, but immediately changed out of them after the formal photos. I think she put on some sort of sneaker, but I'm not sure.

Regardless, my mom was able to try because her feet cooperated. If Michelle has legitimate issues with her feet then I don't think she should be forced to wear something uncomfortable. If you wouldn't force a Bridesmaid to do that then you definitely shouldn't try and force the MOB or the MOG. 

If she was comfortable and her daughters didn't have an issue with her outfits at their weddings then I don't either.

6 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

:clap:

My mom had bunions on her feet that were removed, among other issues. She made an effort to wear dress sandals to my wedding and my sister's wedding - neither of us requested she do that because we wanted her comfortable, but she was excited and wanted to. She wore them for the ceremony, but immediately changed out of them after the formal photos. I think she put on some sort of sneaker, but I'm not sure.

Regardless, my mom was able to try because her feet cooperated. If Michelle has legitimate issues with her feet then I don't think she should be forced to wear something uncomfortable. If you wouldn't force a Bridesmaid to do that then you definitely shouldn't try and force the MOB or the MOG. 

If she was comfortable and her daughters didn't have an issue with her outfits at their weddings then I don't either.

Agreed. My sister got married this summer and I was her MOH. By the end of the ceremony, I could barely walk back down the aisle, my shoes were so uncomfortable -- once we went outside for photos, I had to take them off. I'm barefoot with obviously swollen feet and ankles in all of the wedding photos. And you know what? She was just glad I was there and smiling instead of grimacing.

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

The upvote downvote option wasn't available in the 2014 weddings right?

Jinger it seems is different than her sisters because she married someone older

30 minutes ago, metheglyn said:

Interesting to see what a different color Jessa's dress is indoors!

Jessa's Bridesmaids 4.JPG

Holy crap. Hannie looks so much like her brothers. This is the first time I think I have seen that! 

Wow Jessa's dress went through some changes in colour. Still a pretty colour though. 

I think it is OK to not wear dress shoes if you have issues with your feet or if you are not comfortable in heels. However, Michelle's shoes are not pretty. If you do have problems with your feet, why not make an effort to find a nicer pair of shoes that are at least a bit less chunky? I don't wear heels myself but it is still possible to find shoes that at least come closer to a dressier shoe if you are prepared to pay a little money for them. Given that she will probably attend at least a wedding a year just from her own kids and the Bates kids she could get a lot of use out of a neutral pair of nicer looking but supportive shoes.

30 minutes ago, front hugs > duggs said:

Johannah is getting so grown up! She looks like a spitting imagine of Jedediah in my opinion. I wish she has some more time before she has to hardcore sister mom , but very unlikely. 

I was just going to say she and Jed look just alike. She looks more like Jed than his own twin.

I think tbh Michelle is done at this point. She's aging and the pregnancies are catching up with her. I think she didn't really get over Jubilee's death and the end of her fertile years, but tbh I think her issues started with the miscarriage of Caleb which she blamed herself for and then agreed to have endless babies. She didn't grow up fundie and clearly started a career etc. She talks about the laundry incident and she realised she couldn't cope but was too far in and bullied by JB and still guilty about Caleb. Losing Jubilee when doing everything 'right' perhaps triggered a change and no  more babies was the end of her 'purpose'. I wonder if if she wasn't so afraid of JB she'd tell her kids, particularly the girls not to have so many and if she's just dressing for own comfort and not for others as a way of doing something for herself?

40 minutes ago, eleanora3 said:

Aside from the fact that "news" "articles" shouldn't use social media as legitimate sources, I think this is hilarious. Hopefully most folks have the good sense to realize The Inquisitr is just a silly tabloid. I really hope so. :my_confused:

And I would bet money that Treva Bowdoin is an active member, and possibly an active poster, at FJ. Heehee.

Johanna looks so thrilled to be in the congrats video *sarcasm* poor kid being forced into the dog and pony show.

Individually, I have no issues with the bridesmaid dresses, but I do not understand the color scheme. It's like half of them are dressed for spring and half are dressed for fall. I know not everyone is like me and prefers different colors for different seasons, and if your favorite color is baby pink, far be it from me to tell you that you can't use it at your winter wedding... but those colors clash with each other so putting them all up on the alter makes no sense to me. 

Replace the lavender, light pink, and gray with a dark purple, a navy, and hunter green it'd be great (if all need their own color.)

1 hour ago, withaj said:

I want to like this a thousand times. So much BEC going on. 

I agree. It seems people aren't reading the guidelines.

From here: http://www.freejinger.org/resources/welcome-new-members/

* Please keep the majority of your comments/snark based on the beliefs/ideology/philosophy of the people who you are speaking about.   It is natural for a snark site to have some "bitch eating crackers" (BEC) type commentary and that is fine, but please make it the exception, not the rule.

Johannah does look a lot like Jed in that video - lucky her, she used to resemble Joshley the closest. 

54 minutes ago, eleanora3 said:

I never think idle speculation about Fundie's possible broken hearts being repeated in tabloids is anything FJ should take pride in, but MMV.

I wish the mainstream media would take more notice of our considered and thoughtful opinions about the Gothard/IBLP lawsuit, to be honest.

I never think idle speculation about Fundie's possible broken hearts being repeated in tabloids is anything FJ should take pride in, but MMV.
I wish the more mainstream media would take more notice of our more considered and thoughtful opinions about the Gothard/IBLP lawsuit, to be honest.

This. This is why I really hate it when tabloids use us as a source and why I've cautioned people to use judgment when driving the ISB.

5 hours ago, alba said:

And I cracked up at "moral emergency marriage". I have no heart.

"Moral emergency marriage" should be a post count. 

I am one of the problem feet people so I can't go along with the idea that Michelle could get nicer shoes if she only paid a bit more money.  Sometimes there is an extremely limited range of footwear that works with a foot problem.  Michelle, if it is a foot problem, has seemingly found something that works for her.  Complaining about her shoes could as easily be the same as complaining about a limp.  At the most recent family wedding, the father of the groom tried for six weeks to find "nicer" shoes he could wear.  He was repeatedly told to wear what was comfortable, but he wanted to dress up for the wedding.  He finally had to give up and wear basically the men's version of Michelle's shoes.  I was fortunate that the 20th pair of flats I tried on worked well enough and that I could afford to buy them for what has been so far one wearing.  If Michelle did that someone would complain it was a waste of money. 

Just now, Coconut Flan said:

I am one of the problem feet people so I can't go along with the idea that Michelle could get nicer shoes if she only paid a bit more money.  Sometimes there is an extremely limited range of footwear that works with a foot problem.  Michelle, if it is a foot problem, has seemingly found something that works for her.  Complaining about her shoes could as easily be the same as complaining about a limp.  At the most recent family wedding, the father of the groom tried for six weeks to find "nicer" shoes he could wear.  He was repeatedly told to wear what was comfortable, but he wanted to dress up for the wedding.  He finally had to give up and wear basically the men's version of Michelle's shoes.  I was fortunate that the 20th pair of flats I tried on worked well enough and that I could afford to buy them for what has been so far one wearing.  If Michelle did that someone would complain it was a waste of money. 

She literally can't win. I can't stand the woman or what she believes and espouses, but we are better than this.

I give Michelle's shoes a pass, but as a mother of 9 girls whom you would like to follow in your footsteps... maybe teach them about proper shoe support instead of making them climb mountains in flip flops so they don't end up like you?! 

12 hours ago, Percy said:

If Joy has a special friend, who is baking the bread?

Butternut or Wonder or Walmart Great Value or Aldi's L'oven Fresh.... That was a something TLC dreamed up for those girls to do along with the we make our own laundry detergent storyline. 

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived