IGNORED

Jingermy - We 'Knew' the Bride When She Used to Snarky Eyeroll

HerNameIsBuffy

What does a 29YO man who has been to college, played a professional sport and lived abroad have in common with a 22YO, uneducated, isolated girl from a family of 21 people? There is only so much God talk to be had.

Jinger has never even had a job or gone anywhere alone. 

It's like these men are handed infant-wives.

I imagine Laredo is going to be a rude awakening for both Jinger and Jeremy.

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

What does a 29YO man who has been to college, played a professional sport and lived abroad have in common with a 22YO, uneducated, isolated girl from a family of 21 people? There is only so much God talk to be had.

exactly and jeremy just sold his soul to the devil to go to Aust/ and NZ 

so pontificating will be done 

All the wedding talk just made me remember that we had a receiving line at our reception. We were able to see, hug and talk to all people that came through to congratulate us and that is just so not possible under their circumstances.

We also do a volunteer thing with about 1600 people and when we do have a sit down dinner/party (alcohol flows, yikes) with the group usually only half show up. For a lot of the people the food line took an hour to get food and there were several stations to get food at. I see why they don't feed/serve people for that very reason. Of course we all know they could solve that problem by not inviting every breathing soul within a hundred miles.

10 minutes ago, metheglyn said:

Jeremy is actually even older than Josh!  Agewise and birthdaywise, the Duggar boys and sons-in-law go like this:

Jeremy (29)

Josh (28)

Derrick (27)

John David (26)

Joseph (21)

Ben (21)

Josiah (20)

Thank you! Exactly my point. Only JD is potentially in a place to potentially be a real spiritual leader (gag). The rest (including Ben) are too young.

Ben is actually a perfect example. He couldn't get his wife to leave and cleave what so ever. He cant support himself, let alone a family. It is very unclear who the real headship is in that little family (except Boob, who is obviously their supreame headship). He is basically another son of Boob (all be it with special privileges and a child of his own). 

This model works best with grown men and child brides - not two children.

24 minutes ago, nst said:

That video screamed something is wrong with me and my brother in law is prodding me.   It also screamed I am so troubled....

I can't stand Jeremy...that video made Jinge look so bad it wasn't even funny.   

What he wants is something he will never find..  

You would all consider this idle speculation, but I believe Jinger is anorexic she is shockingly thin, her hair lacks that shine and fullness all of her sisters have and she is the worst offender of thick thick makeup to help hide sunken eyes and cheekbones.  Her eating is the only thing she has control over in her life.  She was only sort of allowed to pick a husband, so she picked the one that got her to a bigger city, but she won't have any say in how many kids she has, or when she will have sex that will be forced on her at her headships whims and she must submit joyfully. 

I also get a VERY strong impression that she doesn't give 2 fucks about IBLP/ATI or Gothardism. Now weather Jeremy does is another story, but for now she is still trapped, just at a different address, and she isn't babysitting anyone anymore, yet. 

2 hours ago, Pretzel said:

You never ever wear a hand-me-down wedding dress, it'll bring bad luck upon you.

I find that funny because my Mom wore a "borrowed" or "hand-me-down" whatever you want to call it on her wedding day and my parents are still happily married after all these years. She borrowed it from her friend who got married I think a couple of years before. I'm not superstitious so that wouldn't bother me at all. 

29 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

They've never been alone together really. So before this they had someone like Ben or Jessa to help with the conversation when it slowed down. If it did, I mean in the getting to know you stage, everything is pretty exciting. But what about now? There's only so many times that Jeremy can show Jinger how to make coffee without dirtying a spoon. 

6 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

You would all consider this idle speculation, but I believe Jinger is anorexic she is shockingly thin, her hair lacks that shine and fullness all of her sisters have and she is the worst offender of thick thick makeup to help hide sunken eyes and cheekbones.  Her eating is the only thing she has control over in her life.  She was only sort of allowed to pick a husband, so she picked the one that got her to a bigger city, but she won't have any say in how many kids she has, or when she will have sex that will be forced on her at her headships whims and she must submit joyfully. 

I also get a VERY strong impression that she doesn't give 2 fucks about IBLP/ATI or Gothardism. Now weather Jeremy does is another story, but for now she is still trapped, just at a different address, and she isn't babysitting anyone anymore, yet. 

I have not thought about this but, unfortunately, this seems possible. I really really hope we are wrong, anorexia is horrible, I had a friend who had to fight for years to get to even relatively normal. She still has issues but is now at least at a healthy weight but she still thinks weirdly about food and treats in my view. Well, if that is the case I guess that will make it harder to have a quiver full of kids but if she wants children that might also be a good reason for her to seek help. I sincerely hope she is not anorectic...

Michelle Duggar wore a borrowed wedding dress.

WTH is Jinger V. going to do all day long in Laredo? Will she hang out with Jeremy in whatever function he serves on a day to day basis? Wouldn't it be great if he encouraged her to go to CC to get an AA in something like photography?

As much as the quick baby is less than desirable, it does give these women something tangible to do.

21 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Michelle Duggar wore a borrowed wedding dress.

WTH is Jinger V. going to do all day long in Laredo? Will she hang out with Jeremy in whatever function he serves on a day to day basis? Wouldn't it be great if he encouraged her to go to CC to get an AA in something like photography?

As much as the quick baby is less than desirable, it does give these women something tangible to do.

I really hope that Jeremy encourages her to do something productive whatever that is. Even if she just helps him out that is still better than sitting at home doing nothing but hopefully she gets to craft her own life now even if it is within the bounds of their culture. I would also like her to be able to take photography classes. I saw an ad where I live about learning baby photography, something like that must be fundie approved enough even for Jinger if she can't take a regular class.

Just an observation. I've been on FJ for over a year, lurked much longer than that. I have never seen so many down votes or warnings from admin as I have in the Jinger and Jeremy threads.  I don't remember this with the other weddings.

Maybe it's election jitters? Carry on. ☺

1 minute ago, Bad Wolf said:

Just an observation. I've been on FJ for over a year, lurked much longer than that. I have never seen so many down votes or warnings from admin as I have in the Jinger and Jeremy threads.  I don't remember this with the other weddings.

perhaps things have hit a plateau or a nerve - regarding both things 

this didn't happen with the other weddings because again it was a different time 

AFA the concerned looks of Jinger and Jeremy as they exited the church, it could have been as simple as, "OMG, the boys have been out by the car! What horrible things have they done to it? Don't they know it's NOT OURS????"

I don't think Jinger is anorexic. If she was wouldn't her own mother, who suffered from an eating disorder be able to notice the signs....oh wait. I don't believe that story.

Regardless, I think Jinger probably pays too much attention to her food, but I don't think to the point of starving herself. 

5 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I don't think Jinger is anorexic. If she was wouldn't her own mother, who suffered from an eating disorder be able to notice the signs....oh wait. I don't believe that story.

Regardless, I think Jinger probably pays too much attention to her food, but I don't think to the point of starving herself. 

As if Michelle would be paying attention to her children...no, that wouldn't happen. 

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

One reason. He can mold her into what he wants. 

12 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

The upvote downvote option wasn't available in the 2014 weddings right?

Let's please not speculate about Jinger being anorexic. She's always been a lot thinner than her sisters, with hair that is not as "shiny". And I believe her heavy makeup is a style choice, not an attempt to cover up an anorexic pallor. I think it's pretty ridiculous to diagnose her with an eating disorder based on that criteria. 

Threads tend to go bad in clusters.  I've seen several with more and more emphatic warnings and down votes than this one has.  That said we need to remember that it is just as offensive, dismissive, and problematic to call someone anorexic as it is to call someone fat, obese, pillar of lard, etc.  If one is going to be called out the other should be also.  So it's time to back off Jinger is anorexic.  This is a medical diagnosis and as far as I know no one here is treating her. 

2 minutes ago, friendofgreen said:

I wonder if Jinger is gonna try for the honeymoon baby like Jillymuffin 

If she does, I have ZERO hope for Jeremy helping her see that she isn't just a baby factory. 

5 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

The upvote downvote option wasn't available in the 2014 weddings right?

You're right. Thanks for reminding me. There have been quite a few admin advisories, though.

48 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

What is your deal?  You've posted speculation repeatedly, and now you're putting it out there that you think Jinger is anorexic?

Is there NOTHING in their presented lifestyle that bothers you that this is all you have?

You don't know her.  You don't know one thing about her except what they put out there.  Like  their whackadoo cult beliefs which is plenty of fodder for snark if you ask me.  And their totally understandable love of pickles.  But their intimate thoughts, problems, or motivations.  You cannot possibly know any of this.

Ftr my mom was super thin and got the anorexic comments...she was always trying to gain 10 lbs because she liked when her face and boobage was a little fuller.  She tried with each pregnancy to hang on to some of the baby weight.  And if you saw her daily diet you'd think she'd have weighed 600 lbs.  She ate constantly and a lot of crap.  

I know plenty of naturally thin people who are sick and tired of the implication that it's indicative of an eating disorder when it's not.

My hair lacks the shine and fullness of my brother's because whomever rolled my genetic dice sucked ass.  Millions of women think they are doing a smokey eye and end up looking like pandas after a night of drinking.  

And a little tip from past me who knows this all too well...if you have an eating disorder people commenting on how awful you look and how obvious it is ....not helpful.  It's the opposite of helpful, in fact.  Just tossing that out there in case you're as mean and unfiltered irl as you are here.  

In case you need a reference to help you, here's a list of things people cannot possibly know about others unless they know them personally or that person has stated same:

1. Why someone is thin
  2. Why someone's hair isn't shiny enough
  3. Why someone does their make up a certain way
  4. If they have issues with control in life
  5. Why someone picked their spouse
  6. If someone will force baby making decisions on wife refusing her any input
  7. If someone would force sex on their wife
  8. if someone would joyfully submit to said forced sex
  9. How deep their convictions are regarding their stated faith
  10. If someone is trapped.

Holy shit - that was just this post.  Please knock this off - this kind of hubris is annoying as fuck.

Discussion of admin and moderation of threads properly belongs in community discussion.  If you want to continue that discussion, please take it over there.  Thanks.

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived