IGNORED

Jingermy - We 'Knew' the Bride When She Used to Snarky Eyeroll

HerNameIsBuffy

A million thanks to @Carm_88  for reminding me in a previous thread how much I loved this song!

Recap:  Jinger and Jeremy got married and it was orders of magnitude less tacky than other Duggar nuptials.  At least until the bride's mother dressed herself in the dark.   Lots of discussion about shoes, honeymooning in Austrailia, and the equivalent of a joint thesis was written on the bridesmaid's dresses.

Continued from here...

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Almost 11pm here and this song woke me up and gave me an energy burst.

For a 69 y.o. great grandmother this was great !!  Now to wake up great grandpa KWIM.

1 minute ago, NewOrleansLady said:

Almost 11pm here and this song woke me up and gave me an energy burst.

For a 69 y.o. great grandmother this was great !!  Now to wake up great grandpa KWIM.

I know, right?!  This song makes things happen!  Although I had it on a loop while I cleaned my bathroom earlier so apparently it makes more interesting things happen in your house than mine. ;) 

5 minutes ago, grandmadugger said:

And my vote is they are staying around Stillwell OK until it is time to head down under. :Bang:

So that is what really caused that earthquake then. 

I've never really been interested in weddings so i dont have much of an opinion on any wedding. My wedding was planned in a week, i wore a red dress that i bought because i knew i could wear it again. I had no bridesmaids and the only family on ny side that came was my mom, dad and brother (i think there was maybe 30 people total, mostly hubby's family). I had my hair professionally done, so that was nice. Reception was in MIL's backyard with some sandwiches. I enjoyed it for its simplicity and i think it cost me a grand total of 50$ (the cost of the dress, MIL paid for the sandwiches and my hair, the church did the service for free)

Love all the song titles. Ben and Jessa were awkward as hell on their honeymoon. I expect better from Jinger and Jeremy because they still seem lovey dovey with one another.

38 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Well for Jinger's sake she gets to experience something like that. 

Yes. I did the endowment ceremony a few days before I got married. Weird stuff I tell you! My husband didn't have to do the endowment ceremony since he went on a mission (you have to do that before you go on a mission)! It's so nice to wear normal underwear again!

Someone in the last thread wondered if j and j would be on people magazine. The newest People Magazines come out on Thursday and will likely have the next president on the cover unless there is a separate election issue. My guess is that they will be on the cover of Us Magazine. No way is that Magazine putting a future president on it.

I like Jinger's dress, although I still prefer Jessa. It reminds me of something from the 50s. I like the bridesmaids dresses as well. My guess is that TLC wanted a nicer wedding so they hired sometime to take care of all the details, including the bridesmaids dresses. The Duggars thrive on tacky and I have never seen anything to leave me to believe Jinger would pick something So nice. TLC wants an upscale wedding because it presents better on TV.

I hope for the best for Jinger but I have no doubt this marriage will be as disappointing for FJ members as Jill and Jessa's were. She now gets to live away from home and have sex. Big deal. The most spectacular sex isn't worth that lifestyle to me. Jinger is still under someone else's control. There is no reason to believe she will have any more independent than she did before she was married. If Jeremy was looking for an equal or independent woman, he wouldn't have married a Duggar. I don't buy into the idea he is faking wanting the Fundy lifestyle to save her. As someone else said, that's means he would have lied to her about his intentions and there is nothing noble in that. That's just another form of taking her body and freedom. That's not love, it's just another form of manipulation. 

I hope that the Duggars didn't serve the finest meatballs from Sam's Club and Velveeta as the cheese. I hope that had enough sense to get the meatballs from one of the Italian restaurants nearby and splurged on some decent cheese.

Pickles found a pic of the Seewalds at the wedding. They appear appropriately dressed. And we may have the answer to where Spurgeon was during the ceremony.

Seewalds.JPG

Seriously, what's up between Jessica seewald and her family? I know she's living by herself, but she's still pretty nuts, they can't have cut her off, right? 

Maybe she isn't cut off, but she's an adult who is living independently and didn't want to go/was busy?  This was her sister-in-law's sisters wedding, so not a particularly close relation.  My brothers weren't invited to my brother-in-laws wedding, nobody expected that they would be.  Mind you it was an intimate reception for under 50 close relations and friends with a proper sit down meal, not 1000 people and meatballs....

26 minutes ago, metheglyn said:

Pickles found a pic of the Seewalds at the wedding. They appear appropriately dressed. And we may have the answer to where Spurgeon was during the ceremony.

Seewalds.JPG

Wow, Pickles won't acknowledge her sources, will she? I posted this about two hours ago on the Seewald thread. It came from the Seewald Instagram and showed up in my feed, as I'm sure it did hers. I can't stand that sanctimonious so-and-so. 

/end rant

I just have to put this out for the million and one comments speculating that Jinger was upset because she was scared of her wedding night.  I still held my v card on my wedding day.. and I can tell you what...  I was far too stressed out and busy to even THINK about the wedding night until we left for honeymoon.  One of my sisters was upset, one of them got her period.. weddings are crazy... and my guest list was under a 100... I think it would have been the last thing on her mind especially with a 1000 people around! Far out!  Personally... I doubt they even had sex on their wedding night.  we all lose our virginity at some point in our lives.. I have overheard girls in petrol stations discussing how bad the first time is... yeah I hope Jeremy is a nice guy and treats her well... but they'll both have to figure this out as every couple ever has had to do. 

Me thinks Prissy and Pecan Theif and Co attended the wedding, especially since Prissy wrote to Anna "Thanks for the great weekend." 

Also I apologize for Smuggars face, I should have edited it out.

20161107_010305.png

4 hours ago, socalrules said:

Someone in the last thread wondered if j and j would be on people magazine. The newest People Magazines come out on Thursday and will likely have the next president on the cover unless there is a separate election issue. My guess is that they will be on the cover of Us Magazine. No way is that Magazine putting a future president on it.

I like Jinger's dress, although I still prefer Jessa. It reminds me of something from the 50s. I like the bridesmaids dresses as well. My guess is that TLC wanted a nicer wedding so they hired sometime to take care of all the details, including the bridesmaids dresses. The Duggars thrive on tacky and I have never seen anything to leave me to believe Jinger would pick something So nice. TLC wants an upscale wedding because it presents better on TV.

I hope for the best for Jinger but I have no doubt this marriage will be as disappointing for FJ members as Jill and Jessa's were. She now gets to live away from home and have sex. Big deal. The most spectacular sex isn't worth that lifestyle to me. Jinger is still under someone else's control. There is no reason to believe she will have any more independent than she did before she was married. If Jeremy was looking for an equal or independent woman, he wouldn't have married a Duggar. I don't buy into the idea he is faking wanting the Fundy lifestyle to save her. As someone else said, that's means he would have lied to her about his intentions and there is nothing noble in that. That's just another form of taking her body and freedom. That's not love, it's just another form of manipulation. 

THIS. I'll admit I was a bit suckered in by Mr. Nice Respectable College-Educated Accountant Derick and thought he'd broaden Jill's horizons, when really he just turned out to be Man-Bun John Schrader, dragging his sheltered and emotionally fragile wife/broodmare around a developing country where they act like useless, racist twits. I get some major Prince Hans vibes from Jeremy: the sophisticated hot older guy who acts like he loves a girl when he barely knows her, because he knows she's sheltered, gullible, and eager to please. Most college-educated men with fairly long professional careers don't go for sheltered girl-women with fifth grade educations and middle school (at most) emotional maturity unless they want someone to control. It's no different from those guys who buy trafficked or desperate women as mail-order brides, especially when you factor in that some of those women resign themselves to such a fate because it's their only way out.

5 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

We have a lot of earthquakes in Oklahoma, they're likely caused by waste-water disposal wells.  There are two camps, us evil believers in science that  feel they are man made, and of course those that think they are an act of the almighty.  I just can't figure why they think god decided our state  deserved over 2200 earthquakes this year.  

BUT, I was sitting at a blackjack table losing my ass when it hit, and you know god and gambling is a no no around here. 

Interesting article for those interested ... http://www.ecowatch.com/its-official-oklahoma-experiences-more-earthquakes-than-anywhere-else--1882119660.html

It's official: Oklahoma now has more earthquakes than anywhere else in the world, according to a spokesman from the Oklahoma Corporation Commission (OCC), which oversees the Sooner State's oil and gas industry.

Note: The quake hit Cushing OK. What could possibly go wrong lol...

The largest oil storage facility in the world is at Cushing Oklahoma. This massive oil tank farm holds over 46 million barrels of crude. ... at the Cushing oil storage facility.

Sorry, this is only a rant but still:

Jinger looked classy, elegant and beautiful, so did Jeremy, the bridesmaids, Jeremy's parents and grandma Duggar (from what I've seen in the pictures so far), JB and Michelle not so much, huh

But I still think the whole thing is fishy and Jinger's happiness seems, over the top or even fake at times, her smile seems forced and her words rehearsed: "best thing ever" and "baaabe" are Jinger's version of Jill's "totally".

It seems like it doesn't come natural to her at all, is it her sheltered upbringing or does she not know if she likes someone or not? It's so weird. Jill and Derick had and still have a natural feel to them, Jessa and Ben had an obvious sexual attraction in the beginning. Jeremy says they are very affectionate and blablabla, but even he seems to try to convince himself. Idk, sorry if I'm the only one who sees this.

Still worried about Jinger, seriously.

8 hours ago, CrazyMumma said:

I just have to put this out for the million and one comments speculating that Jinger was upset because she was scared of her wedding night.  I still held my v card on my wedding day.. and I can tell you what...  I was far too stressed out and busy to even THINK about the wedding night until we left for honeymoon.  One of my sisters was upset, one of them got her period.. weddings are crazy... and my guest list was under a 100... I think it would have been the last thing on her mind especially with a 1000 people around! Far out!  Personally... I doubt they even had sex on their wedding night.  we all lose our virginity at some point in our lives.. I have overheard girls in petrol stations discussing how bad the first time is... yeah I hope Jeremy is a nice guy and treats her well... but they'll both have to figure this out as every couple ever has had to do. 

I'm not at all interested in discussing any specific couple's sex life and I think it's going a little too far to speculate that Jinger's somewhat-upset looking face in a random paparazzi snapshot ndicates that she is super-scared of her wedding night.

However, I don't think it's quite as easy as you make it out to be. Of course everyone has sex for the first time at some point (unless they don't ;)). But most people don't go from barely having touched their partner and never having kissed them (or anyone) to full-on penetrative sex within the span of a few hours with the intention of becoming pregnant asap. And then ideally these people don't even have the theoretical knowledge of how these things work (though I'm sure Jeremy does). I don't even want to imagine the horror of those wedding nights. :brainbleach:

1 hour ago, JillyO said:

I'm not at all interested in discussing any specific couple's sex life and I think it's going a little too far to speculate that Jinger's somewhat-upset looking face in a random paparazzi snapshot ndicates that she is super-scared of her wedding night.

However, I don't think it's quite as easy as you make it out to be. Of course everyone has sex for the first time at some point (unless they don't ;)). But most people don't go from barely having touched their partner and never having kissed them (or anyone) to full-on penetrative sex within the span of a few hours with the intention of becoming pregnant asap. And then ideally these people don't even have the theoretical knowledge of how these things work (though I'm sure Jeremy does). I don't even want to imagine the horror of those wedding nights. :brainbleach:

All this plus we know this culture says the wife must be available - and joyfully so! - whenever her husband wants, no matter what she wants or feels up to mentally or physically.  Remember that terrible article about how if your wife isn't into it, you shouldn't look at her face during, so you don't get upset by her distress?  That is why I am concerned and hope Jeremy truly loves her and that love overrides his "rights".  The expectation with these people is that fundie wives lose their virginity when their husbands unilaterally decide to take it.  I hope that isn't always the reality.

Chiming in on the wedding.  Jinger's dress looked nice and classy, agree that this wedding was done on a much more classier level than the previous two, though I will admit I liked Jessa's dress but that was about all I liked about her wedding.  Jill's with the bare feet....um, no  LIked the bridesmaids' dresses as well.

7 hours ago, socalrules said:

<snipped for brevity> 

To the bolded, ITA on this.  Now in the past, back when all the Duggar girls were single, there was often speculation on how they might escape, etc. One of the ways was marrying someone who was fundie lite and how that might happen.  At the time, I was of the mind that it was possible that some guy might be able to say all the right things to JB and then drop it all after the marriage.  Granted, that's not being honest but my point was that JB might be suckered by someone who was not on the level.   That was then, however, we have seen how that has turned out especially with Mr. Manbun and Mr. He Who Wants To Be A Rapper.

While I hope Jinger will be happy, I gotta wonder why a college educated, professional sports player would want to marry a Duggar daughter other than he wants someone to control, who will follow his lead.  Also there's the issue of having your life dictated by the family dog and pony show.  How will that impact his ministry?  Maybe it will be a boon, but maybe not. I still believe that Mr. Manbun's job with Walmart may have been negatively impacted, at least in part, by being available for filming and being influenced by his in law family.  This was someone who had a real job with a real future, only to get tossed away for a questionable ministry, and now he's off on doing something else.

So far, none of the Duggar girls who have married have married someone in their fundie circles.  While there's still plenty of chances for one of them to do so, such as marrying a Bateseseses, so far, they have married someone on the outside, someone who might not fully understand what marrying into that family involves..  I find that rather telling, however, let's see if the trend continues.

3 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

It's no different from those guys who buy trafficked or desperate women as mail-order brides, especially when you factor in that some of those women resign themselves to such a fate because it's their only way out.

and this is what I think Jeremy is like - he is the guy who goes to the Philippines and does this. 

as for Josh in that picture - he is still disgusting and you can tell even he thinks so with the way he is looking.  Only David Waller would dare to post this. 

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived