IGNORED

Jingermy - We 'Knew' the Bride When She Used to Snarky Eyeroll

HerNameIsBuffy

55 minutes ago, srosieb827 said:

Not that I want to speculate about an adolescent body, but honestly I did at her age. This is kind of when it starts.

Looks like her based off of this recent pic...

Screen Shot 2016-11-07 at 10.55.55 PM.png

Saw that Jinger got married while taking my foster son to the dentist. Couldn't read all of it but damn it's so weird that we all know when these kids lose their v card. 

Why do these fundies invite so many damn people? Jinger doesn't know 1,000 people 

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, RabbitKM said:

I don't think the pink bridesmaid looks like Johannah but I don't know who else it could be. 

I'm 100% certain that is Hannie. She's changed a LOT in the last year but face/hair/height all match. I'm not speculating on her shape but looking at how she wears her hair now (as opposed to messy pony tail with a flower clip) she is starting to be considered one of the "older sisters", which to me is more than a little frightening at just 11.

Also I totally called that she would be a BM, sadly this means by next wedding  it will be Jennifer's turn. :pb_eek:

8 hours ago, HereticHick said:

I'm putting my neck out and saying I'm on #teamDerickmanbun

Its just a little poke in the eye of the Gothardite  khakis n polo shirt dress code.

Give me the manbun over JB's ozone-layer-threatening hair helmet any day.

I'm kind of with you there because it shows Derick is doing what he wants, and not bowing to in-laws.  That alone is worth a lot.

3 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Also (warning: speculation bus!) wasn't there talk of protests at the wedding? If I walked out of my wedding to see a bunch of protestors, I'd be mighty upset too. 

Bingo!  I thought this all along.  

18 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

THIS. I'll admit I was a bit suckered in by Mr. Nice Respectable College-Educated Accountant Derick and thought he'd broaden Jill's horizons, when really he just turned out to be Man-Bun John Schrader, dragging his sheltered and emotionally fragile wife/broodmare around a developing country where they act like useless, racist twits. I get some major Prince Hans vibes from Jeremy: the sophisticated hot older guy who acts like he loves a girl when he barely knows her, because he knows she's sheltered, gullible, and eager to please. Most college-educated men with fairly long professional careers don't go for sheltered girl-women with fifth grade educations and middle school (at most) emotional maturity unless they want someone to control. It's no different from those guys who buy trafficked or desperate women as mail-order brides, especially when you factor in that some of those women resign themselves to such a fate because it's their only way out.

Yep. Most rich people and educated people marry up or equal not down

11 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

The purpose of the site is actually to discuss the flaws of fundamentalism. That often takes the form of snark or speculation, but those aren't the reason the site exists.

I do think the speculation and snarking go too far at times. Especially on the Duggar forums and especially when they have a big event going on. It's easy for people to get carried away, especially when we get a ton of new users who aren't familiar with the rules or board culture. Reminders like the one that @Fascinatedwrote can be very useful for those people who are new or for older posters who get carried away at times.

Joy is 19, so she actually isn't too young. Alyssa Bates Webster was only 19 when she got married and was 20 when she gave birth to her first daughter. Michelle Duggar was only 17 when she married JimBob. So there is precedent.

Also, there are six daughters left - Jana, Joy, Johanna, Jennifer, Jordyn, and Josie. Only Jana and Joy are old enough to be married.

John-David, Joseph, Josiah, Jedidiah, Jeremiah, Jason, James, Justin, and Jackson are the remaining sons. Of them, JD, Joseph, and Josiah are old enough for marriage. The twins (Jedidiah and Jeremiah) will turn 18 next month, so they'll technically be old enough then too.

How come the boys aren't getting married?

My dd is 11, almost 12, and it's amazing how much she's changed from a little girl into a young woman this past yr/yr and a half.  So that could very well be Johannah in the pink.  And she DOES look like a Duggar in the face.  

32 minutes ago, Fullfrontalhugs said:

I'm 100% certain that is Hannie. She's changed a LOT in the last year but face/hair/height all match. I'm not speculating on her shape but looking at how she wears her hair now (as opposed to messy pony tail with a flower clip) she is starting to be considered one of the "older sisters", which to me is more than a little frightening at just 11.

Also I totally called that she would be a BM, sadly this means by next wedding  it will be Jennifer's turn. :pb_eek:

Admittedly, she was a bridesmaid in Jill's wedding too, though not in Jessa's since Jessa had the three older Seewald girls as bridesmaids, while Derrick has no sisters.

6 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Derick is a griftionary not a missionary :P 

Handpicked flowers? Are they trying to make this sound super fancy? So that we don't make fun of them? At least they had flowers! 

Just yet another way Anna got screwed over. She had to have fake ones. 

:(

29 minutes ago, metheglyn said:

Admittedly, she was a bridesmaid in Jill's wedding too, though not in Jessa's since Jessa had the three older Seewald girls as bridesmaids, while Derrick has no sisters.

^^This is very true, but I think she has made the transition now and will not be relegated back to flower girl for any upcoming ceremonies.

It's not her role in the wedding but what her role at the TTH is likely becoming that makes me sad. Hannie was my Jinger, (the one I hoped would break free from the madness.) But now to me, it looks like she's Joy 2.0 being coaxed out of her childhood or "tomboy phase" and being turned into a "godly young lady". :my_sad:

Just to throw this in... I grew up in a conservative home but there was no official relegation to being turned into a 'godly young lady' but when the hormones hit I just grew out of being a crazy tomboy who ripped all her dresses because I'd jump off anything and climb any tree.  No one changed me.

25 minutes ago, CrazyMumma said:

Just to throw this in... I grew up in a conservative home but there was no official relegation to being turned into a 'godly young lady' but when the hormones hit I just grew out of being a crazy tomboy who ripped all her dresses because I'd jump off anything and climb any tree.  No one changed me.

I'm happy you had the freedom to grow at your own pace. I just wish I could believe that Hannie did too. Unfortunately, I believe the gender roles are so enforced that it's not the case in Duggar land. For Jordyn's 7th birthday message from MEchelle all that was said is that she likes doing housework, holding babies and will grow up to be a good wife and mommy. It starts so damn young with these people. :doh:

Since both Jana and Jill became sister moms before they were 9' 11 is time for Hannie to step up.

If Joy has a special friend, who is baking the bread?

we saw Jessa/ Jill ( I can't remember which one) hand that job on to Joy.  If Joy is preoccupied by her phone then the job must be relegated to another child.

Boy or girl? We have seen some of the boys show an interest in the kitchen.

I also think the pink bridesmaid is Hannie, she looks very pretty.  I think this wedding is much classier than the others. Jer's mothers influence I think,

I honestly don' know how much choice Jinger has ever had about being a reality star, even now as an adult. I worry JB is even more of a bully than we've seen. I don't know they wanted all those guests or whether given a real choice Josh would be in their lives. I know the assumption is that they hid the wedding just for  people,but I wonder if JB set up People and they agreed because they want to be more private...

Also, as most of the kids aren't on social media they aren't responsible for the BS posted online....

I don't get the comparison between "man buns" and mullets. Topknots are not a new thing, they're a classic hairstyle in many cultures.

53 minutes ago, danni9242 said:

I honestly don' know how much choice Jinger has ever had about being a reality star, even now as an adult. I worry JB is even more of a bully than we've seen. I don't know they wanted all those guests or whether given a real choice Josh would be in their lives. I know the assumption is that they hid the wedding just for  people,but I wonder if JB set up People and they agreed because they want to be more private...

Also, as most of the kids aren't on social media they aren't responsible for the BS posted online....

I do wonder if JBoob pulled the "I'm paying for this wedding so were inviting who I want" and "We were invited to xyz"s nephews cousins wedding, so we have to invite them too".

I'm sure Jinger got to pick what colours she wanted and food they'd serve, but JBoob was still really in control and wanted the paychecks that came with selling off his daughter. They might have genuinely wanted a small wedding, but why would he not milk the cow for all its worth while he still can?

29 minutes ago, Kangaroo said:

I do wonder if JBoob pulled the "I'm paying for this wedding so were inviting who I want" and "We were invited to xyz"s nephews cousins wedding, so we have to invite them too".

I'm sure Jinger got to pick what colours she wanted and food they'd serve, but JBoob was still really in control and wanted the paychecks that came with selling off his daughter. They might have genuinely wanted a small wedding, but why would he not milk the cow for all its worth while he still can?

I half understand this and half hate this, especially coming from JB. My parents paid for my Bat Mitzvah (obviously), and used the "I'm paying for it" to invite scads of basically strangers (super distant relatives and the like). It wasn't malicious or bullying or controlling on their parts, they did just want to be nice and see a lot of people they hadn't seen in a while, but it was supremely awkward for me as a socially awkward 13-year-old to have to smile and pretend I knew who the fuck these random distant relatives were.

As for Jinger, I doubt she had a shade of a choice in how her wedding went. Between her controlling dad who's been whoring her out to the media since she was 12, and her kind of creepy older husband, anything Jinger actually wanted didn't stand a chance.

I like the long hair on J'derick. The Duggar guys were always forced to keep their hair short, the hair length always working as an indicator for how much they had to be disciplined. A long time ago Jeremiah seemed to love his curly hair and it appeared as if he wanted to grow it out a bit. Cut next scene, he appeared with a (fake Gothardite alert academy) army cut. So having Derick not conform to the Duggar men's hair modesty standard is a tiny ray of light in the stiff Duggar puppetry.

5 hours ago, Toothfairy said:

Yep. Most rich people and educated people marry up or equal not down

How come the boys aren't getting married?

My best guess is there's a variety of factors. But mainly:

- they may be having trouble finding the right person

and

- they may not feel financially ready for marriage.

Out of the eligible sons, JD is the only one in his mid 20s now. The younger sons may not feel prepared due to age and they may want some time to save up in order to provide for a family. Their sisters don't have to worry about that because they aren't likely to be the breadwinners.

6 hours ago, PartriarchydefyinValkarie said:

Just yet another way Anna got screwed over. She had to have fake ones. 

:(

To go with her fake marriage. 

9 hours ago, RabbitKM said:

I don't think the pink bridesmaid looks like Johannah but I don't know who else it could be. 

It makes me sad to think my daughter and Hannie played together years ago at a Duggar event.  They are the same age. 

I still think of my daughter as a little girl.    She still plays with stuffed animals and little girl lip smackers.   I don't trust her to feed our cats without being reminded.  She does keep her room clean without being told.  She's laying on the couch right now watching Sponge Bob. 

Poor Hannie has to grow up awfully fast.  Taking care of babies, doing laundry and cooking.    

8 hours ago, metheglyn said:

I don'r think the bridesmaid is a Seewald, as the only one missing from this family pic is Jessica, and they're all wearing regular clothes.

Seewalds.JPG

Plus, it would be a little odd for a Seewald sister to be one of Jinger's bridesmaids, wouldn't it? I think it's Hannie. She looks very pretty. But it's sad to think of her going the way of Joy.

1 hour ago, MyMilkshake said:

To go with her fake marriage. 

You never ever wear a hand-me-down wedding dress, it'll bring bad luck upon you.

At least that's what I was told. Of course I know it's bullshit and whether a marriage works never depends on how the wedding was done, BUT quite a few people in my circle of friends have had struggling marriages and all of them wore either borrowed, rented or handed-down wedding dresses (along with weird wedding arrangements, either overdone, over-simplistic and cheap etc.).

So even though I think it's ridiculous, at times I can't help but think there may be a tiny hint of truth in my ancestors' superstition. Anna wore her sister's wedding dress, because the Kellers were poor and the cheap-o Duggars didn't bother or didn't care, Anna wasn't one of them after all. Anna's sister Rebekah's marriage broke, just like Anna's did. They can put Joshley in Jesushab for as long as they want and have pecan post as many happy-family-fast-food-restaurant pics on social media as he desires, their marriage is broken and it won't be really fixed unless a miracle happens and Josh(and Anna) get(s) real help. 

TL;DR you're spot on. Their marriage is fake.

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived