IGNORED

Jingermy - We 'Knew' the Bride When She Used to Snarky Eyeroll

HerNameIsBuffy

1 hour ago, Kak said:

http://people.com/celebrity/jinger-duggar-jeremy-vuolo-wedding-day-details/

Michelle is quoted as saying that Jeremy is a great leader and Jinger is a great follower, and that makes them well balanced.

Disgusting, truly revolting. 

The pictures show that MEchelle wore a purple-ish dress, not the pink blouse and sweater in the 'announcement' video.   I'd not be surprised to see that outfit on her in pictures of the rehearsal - meaning that they filmed that segment BEFORE the wedding (saying that they JUST got married)   Another example of Duggar time travel (or manipulating time to suit themselves)

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So apart from her sisters, Anna and Jeremy's sister, we have three more bridesmaids. One is Jennifer Hartono (right?), and is the one on the very right a Query? Anyone know who the last one is?

Unbenannt.png

Ahh now that I can see all the bridesmaids side by side, Jill's dress STILL doesn't match everyone elses. But she's an attention seeker, that's not shocking.

I have no idea who the girl on the 3rd from the right is. Maybe someone on Jeremy's side?

I do have to say though, the heels Jinger wore are cute. 

But ewww to Boob being RIGHT THERE in that other photo.

17 minutes ago, JillyO said:

So apart from her sisters, Anna and Jeremy's sister, we have three more bridesmaids. One is Jennifer Hartono (right?), and is the one on the very right a Query? Anyone know who the last one is?

Unbenannt.png

I think the girl 3rd from the right must be a Duggar family friend. There's a photo on DFO that shows her with Jana installing a showerhead.

14 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Ahh now that I can see all the bridesmaids side by side, Jill's dress STILL doesn't match everyone elses. But she's an attention seeker, that's not shocking.

I have no idea who the girl on the 3rd from the right is. Maybe someone on Jeremy's side?

I do have to say though, the heels Jinger wore are cute. 

But ewww to Boob being RIGHT THERE in that other photo.

None of the dresses appear to be exactly the same shade. Look at them closely. For example, Jennifer's is much more red and Anna's has a little more pink in it.

5 minutes ago, withaj said:

I think the girl 3rd from the right must be a Duggar family friend. There's a photo on DFO that shows her with Jana installing a showerhead.

None of the dresses appear to be exactly the same shade. Look at them closely. For example, Jennifer's is much more red and Anna's has a little more pink in it.

I see that, but what I'm saying is Jill's doesn't go with any of them. If she was supposed to be the "grape" in Jinger's bouquet, she should've picked a deeper purple. The bright lavender makes it look like she wanted all eyes on her.  

5 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I see that, but what I'm saying is Jill's doesn't go with any of them. If she was supposed to be the "grape" in Jinger's bouquet, she should've picked a deeper purple. The bright lavender makes it look like she wanted all eyes on her. 

I think you're reading a little too much into it. We have no idea what range of colors they had to pick from or how/why each color was chosen. All the colors are loosely complementary.

7 hours ago, eveandadam said:

Jeremy is 29? Jinger 22? At that age the age gap sound a lot to me. Not so much in their 30's but in their 20's that's a lot.

The power dynamic between those two may be even worse than expected. A former professional athlete who is strong and tall and obviously loves to be in control in a relationship and has the most patriarcal believes that one can find within western believe systems, and who absolutely has no problem with publicly stating that he wants an extremely submissive and meek wife, not a good combination at all, if you ask me.

I don't think that is a big age gap at all.  I married at 20 and my husband was 30.  We've been married 11 years now.  However, she does not seem like a normal 22 year old!  I was a few months away from having a bachelors degree, I worked, and we already lived together.  Jinger has a lackluster education and no real world experience.  Shame on her parents.  The power dynamic you mention is definitely what I have trouble understanding!  Totally agree with you that Jeremy seems to be preying on her meekness.  Ick!!

4 minutes ago, withaj said:

I think you're reading a little too much into it. We have no idea what range of colors they had to pick from or how/why each color was chosen. All the colors are loosely complementary.

Exactly.  And we don't know that the bridesmaids had any choice in the color or if it was up to Jinger and/or the wedding coordinator.

Also, from what I can make out from the caption, the two girls at the far end (3rd from right and far right) are Kamilla/Kamala/K-something-a Peters and Rebekah Kelly.

Just curious.  Would everyone who has a problem with their age gap because of lack of experience still have that problem if he married Jana instead of Jinger.  Jana's closer in age but doesn't have any more life experience than Jinger.

Just now, justmy2cents said:

Just curious.  Would everyone who has a problem with their age gap because of lack of experience still have that problem if he married Jana instead of Jinger.  Jana's closer in age but doesn't have any more life experience than Jinger.

This may be a false assessment, but from the show, it appears that Jana has had many more responsibilities foist on her by her parents, likely d/t to her position within the family. For example, we have seen Jana navigating an emergency situation with Josie and know that Jana was a volunteer FF. We have not seen much with Jinger. While Jana is certainly younger than an average 26 YO,  Jinger is far less mature, IMO.

I'd have less angst about a Jana 29 YO union.

It does look like a more costly wedding versus the others. No home made flower arrangement for this girl. Not sure how much I like the dress, but the shoes are sassy, good for her. Maybe Jinger is more inclined to live a more religious-lite life? I would imagine it would be hard to be chic, fashion forward, lover of big cities and city life AND have eleventy children.

Count me in with those still confused about the color choices for the bridesmaid dresses. 

Jinger looks lovely in the picture with JB&M. If only they weren't in the shot! The pic of her bouquet against her dress is amazing.

While I like most of her dress, I think the boat neckline makes it look like she needs a necklace. A nice strand of pearls or something.

12 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

This may be a false assessment, but from the show, it appears that Jana has had many more responsibilities foist on her by her parents, likely d/t to her position within the family. For example, we have seen Jana navigating an emergency situation with Josie and know that Jana was a volunteer FF. We have not seen much with Jinger. While Jana is certainly younger than an average 26 YO,  Jinger is far less mature, IMO.

I'd have less angst about a Jana 29 YO union.

That's fair.  Jana is definitely top dog in the household, but brought up to take a back seat to a man just as much as the rest of her sisters.  I think Jinger will grow up fast being married.  I hope that when Jeremy answered the children question with 'we'll see what the lord does'  he means he'll pray on it and the lord will tell him that 3 or 4 is enough.  I feel like JInger has been waiting to break out a little, similar to Alyssa Bates.  Hopefully Jeremy helps her to grow and doesn't stifle her further.

I think this wedding looks like a regular old wedding! It's certainly not a grand affair at The Plaza, but it doesn't scream Fundie Trainwreck. Jinger is adorable and I love that she chose some bright shoes, it reminds me of Alyssa Bates big bright heels under her dress - surprised a lot of people.

While Jinger may try very hard to conceal her spark, it's still there. I still see it. She may have her moments where they've almost broken her but I have hope for her.

I sincerely hope that they have a great marriage and they learn about the world together. I dunno, I just have a feeling about these two, it's different to J&D and J&B. I know they're not going to make a total break from fundamentalism but I do think we will see some changes (whether or not some FJers will deem them change enough is a different story).

While I like most of her dress, I think the boat neckline makes it look like she needs a necklace. A nice strand of pearls or something.

Maybe Jeremy can give her one of those up until their first wedding anniversary?

Photos are lovely, but of course, we can't rest until we find out what kind of shoes Michelle wore!

That cake looks great and I am not a berry person at all.  The power of photography!

2 minutes ago, actuallyjessica said:

Maybe Jeremy can give her one of those up until their first wedding anniversary?

They better be beautiful and majestic

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but on the CO episode where Jinger went to Grandma Vuolo's house (lol how unpatriarchal of me, I mean Grandpa Vuolo's house) she has a wall in her house with large pictures of all the Vuolo brides including Jeremy's mom and they all wore this type of long sleeved, lace dress.  So maybe the dress was a nod to her new family.  Hopefully her choice and not something her new headship pressured her into.  

Also, the Duggars are sometimes referred to as Fundie Royalty.  It's almost as if they're grooming Jeremy and Jinger to be the new face of the cult.  Or that Jinger is being groomed into a sort of Stepford version of a minister's wife. 

19 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

It does look like a more costly wedding versus the others. No home made flower arrangement for this girl. Not sure how much I like the dress, but the shoes are sassy, good for her. Maybe Jinger is more inclined to live a more religious-lite life? I would imagine it would be hard to be chic, fashion forward, lover of big cities and city life AND have eleventy children.

so you think this is about Jinge's version of living chic and forward in her own life - an entirely different wedding that is not backyard and barefoot aka michelle and jill 

so essentially she is nothing like her sisters? and this was her way to express that  because secretly she hated the other weddings because of their low down feeling 

I'm not quite sure comparing Jinger to Alyssa Bates is correct. Alyssa was never seen as one of the fundier Bates. She couldnt wait to get married at 19 and apart from going to church on Sunday, she seems to have totally thrown off the shackles of Gothardism. This does not seem to be the case with Jinger. She appears to have done quite a bit of prison ministry and also met Jeremy through Ben "the zealot" Seewald. I would love her to break away just a little bit but I wouldn't hold my breath.

3 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

They better be beautiful and majestic

Don't forget elegant

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived