IGNORED

Jingermy - We 'Knew' the Bride When She Used to Snarky Eyeroll

HerNameIsBuffy

1 hour ago, nst said:

did you actually see her doing this prison ministry - if you haven't maybe she didn't 

can we stop trying to prop this chick up 

she is in a cult 

We know she is in a cult.  It is hardly "propping her up" and denying that she is a cult to point out that Jinger has been active in prison ministry.  In fact it is the opposite.  Prison ministry (teaching Gothard's Character curriculum to inmates) is a big thing in IBLP circles.  See Daddy Keller.  

1 hour ago, Fluffles said:

there was an episode where she was doing ministry in a womens prison and she went to get some advice from Michelle before she went  in there. She is also seen in some group photos of a Gothard group outside a prison. I agree she is in a cult - thats why I dont think she will break away that quickly, unfortunately.

Yes, she was.  If memory serves the Pecan Thieves (David and Priscilla (Keller) Waller were also in those photos.  IBLP all the way.

And ITA, it is not easy to break away from that sort of cult programming.

1 hour ago, nausicaa said:

While Alyssa does now wear pants, plenty of Gothardites do. I'm wondering what makes you think she's "totally thrown off the shackles of Gothardism"? Her in-laws are prominent members of ATI (her FIL is known as "Taliban Dan" in Congress) and she has made no indication that she has rejected any of their views on birth control, women's rights, and Dominionism.

All of this.  Thanks.  And let's remind people again that Gil Bates is on the board of IBLP.

44 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

I wasn't implying that Jinger would stop being religious when I mentioned that she reminds me of Alyssa.  I meant it in the most superficial sense. This is really more in response to @Fluffles.  Also Jeremy isn't IBLP.  Don't know what he had to agree to, to get in with JB.  His mom does not seem too meek.  Hope she has some influence on Jinger even though they live far away.  Only time will tell.

As someone else said, neither was Derick.  Or Ben.  They are still Fundie.

Look, all IBLP (ATI/Gothardites) are Fundie but not all Fundies are IBLP.  There are many branches of extreme Fundamentalists and crossover marriages are not unheard of in these circles.  Also, all "Quiverful" are Fundie, but not all Fundies are as quiverful as the Duggars and Bateses.

As we usually define Extreme Christian Fundamentalists here on FJ - they are people who subscribe to the Christian Patriarchy Movement and all it entails.  Minor difference in doctrine and dress codes aside they all belief in female submission, which in practice means suppression.  The Wikipedia entry on this is pretty accurate.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biblical_patriarchy  

Even a casual look at both Daddy Vuolo and Jeremy Vuolo's home churches tells me that they are extreme Fundamentalists, as we define it here. 

Jinger's wedding was very pretty and she looked beautiful.  I loved her shoes and I liked the colors of the bridesmaids' dresses.

Now let's see whether TLC shows much of the actual ceremony.  I expect the actual prayers and vows will send chills down my spine - they usually do when I watch the full ceremony of Fundie weddings.  I hate the "transfer of authority," women promising to "submit," and the ranting on about accepting "as many children as God gives us."

I don't expect Jinger and Jeremy's wedding ceremony will stray from that one iota.

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I basically like everything about Jinger's wedding. Unfortunately Michelle's assessment about Jinger is probably true. Jinger never seemed to be one of the leaders in the Duggar family. She seemed to always follow Jessa. I'm actually glad Jinger's wedding was so very different from Jessa's. I was kind of afraid she would just reuse some of Jessa's ideas and wedding decor. But she had her own style of wedding. Good for her. 

Unfortunately Michelle thinks it's a good thing.

58 minutes ago, eleanora3 said:

The caption in the magazine says the bridesmaid is "Kamala Peters"

59 minutes ago, withaj said:

The photos may be of different girls, but the bridesmaid in the photo is not McKenzie Natasha according to the caption in People. I couldn't make the first name out very well, but K-something Peters is her name.

Also, there are two different girls in the most recent DFO photos -- one with Jana at Lowe's and a different girl with her in the bathroom. 

ETA: It's possible the caption could be Kenzie Peters, but in that case you may be referring to the same person, but her name is incorrect.

You're right I'm referring to the same person. I just looked on her instagram and her name says McKenzie Natasha but her Instagram tag says "mckenziebeth_." Going to her fb her name is Mackenzie Beth peters. Weird.  

I'm pretty sure that the girl with Jana at Lowes is Alexandra Perez and the one with Jana in the bathroom is her mom Amber Diaz Perez. You can look them up on fb to see their photos. 

46 minutes ago, Kira said:

I think you meant Andrew Hubert :my_smile:

Well, Derick isn't/wasn't IBLP.  I hope you're right about Jeremy's mom, but look at what her husband preaches about women.

Yup that's him. I was going by his fb name which displays as Andrew Joel Patton. Hubert must be a nickname I guess. What does Jeremy's dad preach about women and where are his videos?

4 minutes ago, AnnaRuk09 said:

You're right I'm referring to the same person. I just looked on her instagram and her name says McKenzie Natasha but her Instagram tag says "mckenziebeth_." Going to her fb her name is Mackenzie Beth peters. Weird.  

I'm pretty sure that the girl with Jana at Lowes is Alexandra Perez and the one with Jana in the bathroom is her mom Amber Diaz Perez. You can look them up on fb to see their photos. 

Yup that's him. I was going by his fb name which displays as Andrew Joel Patton. Hubert must be a nickname I guess. What does Jeremy's dad preach about women and where are his videos?

The Duggars have friends named Andrew Patton and Andrew Hubert. I think Andrew Hubert is engaged to the Perez girl.

You an find some of Chuck Vuolo's sermons here on FJ in Jinger and Jeremy's courtship annoucement post

Of course Michelle had to bring that up. I hated Anna's wedding and found her dress to be dull. I loved Jessa's dress but Jinger's dress and cake look amazing. The bride was gorgeous, but she will probably do nothing but pop out babies.

4 hours ago, alba said:

What the fuck did I just read? Paragraphs and paragraphs of totally normal wedding stuff (pretty dress, yummy food, thematic decorations) and then BAM, Michelle bringing on the misogyny.

And THAT is what's so dangerous about this beautiful fairytale wedding, because it normalises this cult in a way the t-shirt dress weddings don't. Jinger looks beautiful and I hope she had a lovely day, but I hope even more that she married a man who respects her and encourages her to make her own choices.

Every time I've ever heard a parent talk about their child as "a follower", it's been in the context of wanting to help them get more confidence, or out of trouble, or avoid being bullies, or "mean girls".  I've never heard anyone praise their daughter for being a "great follower" as a character trait like that - and of course they'd never say the same of their sons!  Ugh, just vile that they beat all the personality out of her, to get her to this point.

7 minutes ago, Lurky said:

Every time I've ever heard a parent talk about their child as "a follower", it's been in the context of wanting to help them get more confidence, or out of trouble, or avoid being bullies, or "mean girls".  I've never heard anyone praise their daughter for being a "great follower" as a character trait like that - and of course they'd never say the same of their sons!  Ugh, just vile that they beat all the personality out of her, to get her to this point.

The sad thing is that maybe Jinger wouldn't have had to be such a follower, if they had let her be who she truly was. Of course her parents just wanted a meek little girl with a "servants heart" that they could push off on some fundie guy. It's ridiculous. That All About Jinger or Courting Jinger or whatever they were calling it was pathetic. They didn't have much to say about her. They talked about how she loved big cities but never showed anything that showed that. Why? Because they shouldn't show her saying it because then it would point out Jill saying she had to work on her contentment. :( I feel so sad for these girls. The lives that their parents chose for them sucks. 

Did anyone notice that book selection - Gods Womb?

So are we being optimistic - they were given that book because there were concerns about rebellion?

Or

Are we being realistic - they like that book and feel it will be useful and important as more than a door stop/comical toilet reading?

3 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

The sad thing is that maybe Jinger wouldn't have had to be such a follower, if they had let her be who she truly was. Of course her parents just wanted a meek little girl with a "servants heart" that they could push off on some fundie guy. It's ridiculous. That All About Jinger or Courting Jinger or whatever they were calling it was pathetic. They didn't have much to say about her. They talked about how she loved big cities but never showed anything that showed that. Why? Because they shouldn't show her saying it because then it would point out Jill saying she had to work on her contentment. :( I feel so sad for these girls. The lives that their parents chose for them sucks. 

I hadn't thought for a bit about Jill saying Jinger needed to work on her contentment when Jinger said she wanted to live in a big city. Jill, when it comes to being a missionary's wife and living in scary CA, you need to work on your contentment!

Uuughhhhhhhfhfhn I HAVE those shoes. I wear them and I love them. Damn it Jinger! Now I feel like I don't want to. I know pretty much no one will likely even know or recognize them IRL, but still. 

Theyre Madden Girl Gettas, if anyone was wondering. Extremely comfortable as far as platform heels are concerned. I have a ridiculous number of pairs in different colors and the florals are some of my favorites. :my_dodgy:

I love the photos of Jinger's wedding!  I have to give some kudos to whoever helped her plan it because I feel like it was so much more classy than Jill or Jessa's.  For some reason those red shoes give me hope for her!  I have a feeling that DimBob definitely did not pay for all of it.  I really hope the Vuolos have a more positive influence on Jinger going forward, it seems to me they already have.  I even like the different colored bridesmaid dresses.  I think the election may have made me crazy because other than icky Josh, I can't find too much to snark on about what I've seen in the photos. 

17 minutes ago, imokit said:

So are we being optimistic - they were given that book because there were concerns about rebellion?

Or

Are we being realistic - they like that book and feel it will be useful and important as more than a door stop/comical toilet reading?

I assumed that was 'God's Woman'.  I googled it and the author is C. R. Nichol whose name is partially visible in that picture.  Looks like part of the decorations, not a wedding gift.

28 minutes ago, imokit said:

Or

I think it's God's Woman by C.R. Nichols, a 1938 book about biblical gender roles. It looks like they wanted to integrate "vintage books" into the decor but the only literature ever to enter their house is the Bible, plus random Christian self-help books, so they didn't have much to work with lmao.

I love those heels! I never wear heels ever, probably once in my life have I worn them, but I would wear those babies! Mainly because I enjoy floral. 

10 minutes ago, nickelodeon said:

It looks like they wanted to integrate "vintage books" into the decor

You can actually buy "vintage books" by the yard if all you want is the look and don't care about the content.  

Along with handpicking all those flowers I expect the wedding coordinator had J slaves going through all the books to make sure that things like Darwin's the Origin of Species hadn't sneaked into the pile. 

I seem to remember a cake topper being posted here somewhere and the lady had on red shoes.  I wonder if Jinger or someone else saw that and suggested it to her.   Whatever the reason, I'm glad she did it because it makes me think she still has that spark :)  Did anyone else see that or have I totally lost it?  

1 hour ago, Lurky said:

no normal mother would want their child in this day and age of internet bullying to be a follower 

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived