IGNORED

Jingermy - We 'Knew' the Bride When She Used to Snarky Eyeroll

HerNameIsBuffy

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Pretzel said:

You never ever wear a hand-me-down wedding dress, it'll bring bad luck upon you.

I didn't know that was a superstition. Makes you wonder, though!

I wouldn't wear a wedding band from the pawn shop for the same reason. I figure either it ended up there because the relationship failed and the ring now has this unfortunate history behind it of disappointment and failure , or someone's heart broke having to pawn it to eat or pay bills and I hate the thought of the owner coming back for it someday and finding it gone :( .

Not sure if anyone asked about this, but would the Married Sisters and the married Bates' be following a fake Jing insta? Found this gem and thought it was fake at first but Jessa, Anna, Erin, Alyssa, and Ben are following her so I'm thinking maybe it's legit?

Screenshot_2016-11-08-08-32-25.png

2 minutes ago, sippin0nsunshine said:

Not sure if anyone asked about this, but would the Married Sisters and the married Bates' be following a fake Jing insta? Found this gem and thought it was fake at first but Jessa, Anna, Erin, Alyssa, and Ben are following her so I'm thinking maybe it's legit?

Screenshot_2016-11-08-08-32-25.png

They're not following the account, the account is following them. I'd guess it's a fake. The only legit account following this one is the Seewald Family which is strange but maybe they didn't realize.

Just now, eleanora3 said:

They're not following the account, the account is following them. I'd guess it's a fake. The only legit account following this one is the Seewald Family which is strange but maybe they didn't realize.

Ahh I just saw that! I must have clicked the "who she's following" rather than "who's following her"

Thanks for the correction!

I know it was last thread but I hadn't to share. I'm travelling home listening to the radio and that stupid Bruno Mars Marry you song is playing and all I can think of is Jinger and Jeremy. DAMN YOU FJ 

10 hours ago, grandmadugger said:

Jinger spend lots of time with your in laws. Learn from your mother in law. That lady has more class in her pinky finger than your mom does in her whole body. 

This is a question I thought about this morning.

I wonder what the Duggar ladies think about their husbands relationships with each of their parents (Derick with Cathy, Ben with Mr/s Seewald...) and also what the ladies think of how their ILs treat THEM as opposed to how their own parents have treated them.

Also, what Jill and Jessa think about how the ILs treat their grandkids vs how JB and M do.

I wonder what the Duggar ladies think about their husbands relationships with each of their parents (Derick with Cathy, Ben with Mr/s Seewald...) and also what the ladies think of how their ILs treat THEM as opposed to how their own parents have treated them.
Also, what Jill and Jessa think about how the ILs treat their grandkids vs how JB and M do.

Yes! I haven't seen much of the Seewalds, but while Cathy has some pretty horrid beliefs, unlike the Duggars she has a genuine, loving relationship with both her sons and her grandson. I can imagine her spending time one-on-one with Jill and getting to know her as an individual, which is more than can be said for her actual parents.

5 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Derick I think has a close relationship with Cathy.  As close as he can.  I think both Cathy and Mrs Seewald just want to be in their children's lives and as well as their grandchildren so they just accept things.  I could be way of and Cathy could have a dart board with JB on it. 

Ben has stated in the press that his parents have made mistakes.  

I don't think Jill or Jessa go against thinking about their parents ever with regards to anything. 

not with the amount of time Jessa spends at TTH 

1 hour ago, Pretzel said:

You never ever wear a hand-me-down wedding dress, it'll bring bad luck upon you.

At least that's what I was told. Of course I know it's bullshit and whether a marriage works never depends on how the wedding was done, BUT quite a few people in my circle of friends have had struggling marriages and all of them wore either borrowed, rented or handed-down wedding dresses (along with weird wedding arrangements, either overdone, over-simplistic and cheap etc.).

So even though I think it's ridiculous, at times I can't help but think there may be a tiny hint of truth in my ancestors' superstition. Anna wore her sister's wedding dress, because the Kellers were poor and the cheap-o Duggars didn't bother or didn't care, Anna wasn't one of them after all. Anna's sister Rebekah's marriage broke, just like Anna's did. They can put Joshley in Jesushab for as long as they want and have pecan post as many happy-family-fast-food-restaurant pics on social media as he desires, their marriage is broken and it won't be really fixed unless a miracle happens and Josh(and Anna) get(s) real help. 

TL;DR you're spot on. Their marriage is fake.

In my country the superstition is that you get the same marriage as the first one to use the dress so sometimes people will use a dress of someone who has a stable marriage or a part of their dress as a good luck thing. With this in mind it is rather funny that my sister and her friend both married within 2 years in the late 1980s. My sister's marriage is still going strong and they seem to have a great relationship in general but my sister's friend divorced after a couple of years. While they were still married they both lend their dresses to two other women and the two my sister lend her to are still married while the two my sister's friend lend hers to got divorced... It is not proof but pretty cool it turned out this way.

And here we have a casualty of the fundie tendency toward short engagements: Amy and Dillon were in Vegas for the 2017 SEMA Car Show, planned a year ago. That trip was scheduled longer ago than Jinger and Jeremy even started courting.  :my_rolleyes:

http://www.etonline.com/news/202263_amy_duggar_king_reveals_why_she_didn_t_attend_jinger_duggar_wedding_it_was_just_wrong_timing/ 

10 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I'm surprised they haven't set one up yet, tbh. 

If they are private people I hope they never will or just keep a private one for their family and real friends. They could still make guest appearances on the show if they like but still keep people out of some aspects of their life. If they want to keep an account of course they should do it but I hope they don't feel obligated to do so.

9 hours ago, BoPeep said:

My dd is 11, almost 12, and it's amazing how much she's changed from a little girl into a young woman this past yr/yr and a half.  So that could very well be Johannah in the pink.  And she DOES look like a Duggar in the face.  

I'm starting to agree, if you do up Hannie's hair and put some make up on her she could look a lot older. My friends DD at 12 was, um, very mature looking, where as my DD who is the exact same age (to the day) still had baby fat cheeks and looked like a little girl.  She was almost 14 before all that girly stuff started happening to her, I sadly was more like Hannie.   I was 5'7" at 11 years old, and I still am. 

30 minutes ago, withaj said:

I suspect they'll have joint social media, like David & Priscilla and Brandon & Michael.

They already do, it's just not an Instagram.  It's this one http://www.jingerandjeremy.com/.  Was just Jeremyvuolo before and name changed to JIngerandjeremy immediately after the wedding.

so he basically watched that video that Jinge did with Ben and he fell for her then. 

I hate that video - Ben basically exploited her so he could start his you tube franchise that never went anywhere. 

and made her look like even more of a lost soul than she is 

this family needs to go away 

8 hours ago, Fullfrontalhugs said:

^^This is very true, but I think she has made the transition now and will not be relegated back to flower girl for any upcoming ceremonies.

It's not her role in the wedding but what her role at the TTH is likely becoming that makes me sad. Hannie was my Jinger, (the one I hoped would break free from the madness.) But now to me, it looks like she's Joy 2.0 being coaxed out of her childhood or "tomboy phase" and being turned into a "godly young lady". :my_sad:

She is going to be the either Jana or Joy's helper depending on who gets married next, Jana or Joy.  This is where Joy was lucky in her birth order, she had 4 older sister to do all the mothering and was surrounded by 8 boys born before and after her so she was allowed to be a kid/teen until Jill & Jess started courting, that is when they started grooming her making her do her hair and wear make up, they knew they were going to need the help so she was finally bumped up into the older girls group,  

2 minutes ago, nst said:

so he basically watched that video that Jinge did with Ben and he fell for her then. 

Yep, that video screamed "I'm a sheltered girl that just wants to be a follower" and he probably looked at it like he hit the submissive jackpot. I'm sorry, but I can't look at Jeremy's relationship Jinger as anything other than him wanting to mold her into his perfect version of a submissive fundie wife. 

As far as more of the boys getting married, it is really not uncommon in conservative/patriarchal societies for the average age of marriage to be much lower for women than men. Men-as-providers are given more time to learn a trade and establish themselves. Men-as-people are given a little more time to grow up (which is a good thing, i guess, since they will own their wives like possessions and discipline them like children). Its sad, but historically well established. The 28 year old Jeremy marrying 22 year old Jingrr is a lot more common than two 22 year olds marrying. Consider this, too: if you want a truly man headed household, which kind of gap makes more sense?

Given this, it makes sense that most of the Duggar boys aren't married (forget Josh - his was a moral emergency marriage). Only John-David is as old as Jeremy.

12 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

They already do, it's just not an Instagram.  It's this one http://www.jingerandjeremy.com/.  Was just Jeremyvuolo before and name changed to JIngerandjeremy immediately after the wedding.

Yep, I know. I posted last thread about the dates those URLs were registered. I don't consider personal websites to be social media. Jessa and Ben have theseewaldfamily.com and Jill and Derick have dillardfamily.com but they have individual social media accounts.

As far as more of the boys getting married, it is really not uncommon in conservative/patriarchal societies for the average age of marriage to be much lower for women than men. Men-as-providers are given more time to learn a trade and establish themselves. Men-as-people are given a little more time to grow up (which is a good thing, i guess, since they will own their wives like possessions and discipline them like children). Its sad, but historically well established. The 28 year old Jeremy marrying 22 year old Jingrr is a lot more common than two 22 year olds marrying. Consider this, too: if you want a truly man headed household, which kind of gap makes more sense?
Given this, it makes sense that most of the Duggar boys aren't married (forget Josh - his was a moral emergency marriage). Only John-David is as old as Jeremy.

Agreed. And even JD is a couple years younger than Jeremy; he'll be 27 in January, while Jeremy turned 29 in September (according to Wikipedia).

And I cracked up at "moral emergency marriage". I have no heart.

Just now, HarleyQuinn said:

Yep, that video screamed "I'm a sheltered girl that just wants to be a follower" and he probably looked at it like he hit the submissive jackpot. I'm sorry, but I can't look at Jeremy's relationship Jinger as anything other than him wanting to mold her into his perfect version of a submissive fundie wife. 

That video screamed something is wrong with me and my brother in law is prodding me.   It also screamed I am so troubled....

I can't stand Jeremy...that video made Jinge look so bad it wasn't even funny.   

What he wants is something he will never find..  

2 minutes ago, BackseatMom said:

Jeremy is actually even older than Josh!  Agewise and birthdaywise, the Duggar boys and sons-in-law go like this:

Jeremy (29)

Josh (28)

Derrick (27)

John David (26)

Joseph (21)

Ben (21)

Josiah (20)

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived