IGNORED

Crazy Little Thing Called Love - Jinger is a Vuolo!

choralcrusader8613

3 hours ago, Fun Undies said:

I certainly don't disagree that it was an asshole move . . . and maybe I'm just playing Devil's Advocate here again (I really don't mean to defend a Duggar), but I also wonder if her wedding planning was the first time, she got to pick stuff she wanted without anybody else being able to say, "That doesn't work for the family".  For all we know, she fully expected JB and Sierra to provide tents/proper reception hall, and maybe was secretly mortified when she realized neither was happening.  It's not like Ben or her had any money to "contribute a say", or say, "Well if you're not going to pay for it, then I will!"  I mean, sure - we've seen Jessa really put her foot down and run things around the TTH, and her own (and her family in general).  But it's one thing to run the roost verbally, and emotionally; it's another to have the financial means to change the wedding/reception when your a-hole father (and husband) won't foot the bill for all the people they've invited.

I think *something* was happening (last summer and fall), but then the mission happened in CA in December, and Jinger never looked back.  I agree with a previous poster that it might have boiled down to Lawson assuming she would wait while he kept working on music (or, just in general as a fundie girl sitting at home for Prince Charming), and the fact that picking either meant country living vs. city living. 

IF Lawson gets married, maybe he'll live in Nashville full time, or maybe not.  Maybe he'll go back to what's familiar with his family, and have a little farm nearby or something.  A huge difference between Lawson and Jeremy, is the fact that Jeremy's settled, while Lawson is still trying to figure things out (music, marriage, family, just LIFE).  While Jeremy has a job, a congregation, and seems more self assured (in at least a *seemingly* relaxed way, versus Lawson's - for a lack of a better word atm - egotistical way).  We can all seem to agree that Jinger is a bit more on the sensitive side, and (again seemingly), Jeremy might have enough emotional maturity to provide her some much needed stability.  Versus Lawson hasn't figured himself out, and would thus drag Jinger around with him in all sorts of situations while he matured.  Obviously I don't know them personally, and everything else aside, Jeremy just seems more on emotionally/mature settled side, versus Lawson (who has some maturity, just less than Jeremy), so in the end, in comparison - I can see why Jinger picked him.

Maybe it's just because it's 3:40 in the morning here (I crashed at 8:30, after my son's bday party - which was a blast!) . . . but is it okay to ask if the hubs followed you and the kids?  I'm just curious now - but please just ignore if you'd rather not answer!  I don't want to make anyone uncomfortable :/

_________

As for the actual wedding!!!  I doubt there's anything I can contribute that hasn't already been said (Jinger looked beautiful, and happy in that TLC video, and I hope the honeymoon is at least comfortable as she adjusts to being a wife, and just traveling Australia, and New Zealand - though I'm 100% certain that we'll see snippets during the wedding special - unless the honeymoon will be it's own VSE). 

I wonder (again, like a broken record), if the clip show for Jinger, will show some wedding planning details - we haven't seen anything yet, so maybe it'll feature her going to to pick out her dress at least (with sprinkles of years past crunchy hair clips).  One can hope - for the dress, not the crunchy hair.

Yes, hubby followed. Found he loves it here. Major sports teams/events, an evolving food scene, mega malls, trampoline parks, cider mills and leaves that change. 

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, GreenTea said:

It seems like there was something between Jinger and Lawson. It might have been as simple as flirty eyes and longer conversations, but in their world that is a big step. Lawson could have even asked Jim Bob about courting or pre-courting (a special friends) relationship with Jinger. She might have been interested... then Jessa pushed her towards Jeremy. Jinger compared the two and changed her mind going on to have flirty eyes and long conversations with Jeremy. Lawson was obviously hurt. First love and first heartbreak.    

perhaps Jessa pushed her towards Jeremy because Jeremy had more to offer than Lawson - again I don't know lawson - but from what I have seen and heard - he is into himself and doesn't have a job 

I finally have been able to catch up!!! Lovely dress, lovely hair. Pleasantly surprising. As for the bridesmaids, why is everyone so obsessed with having to be matchy matchy? Or the theme? That's something I just don't get. iT's the same dress, with different colours, that don't clash. Just as many bridesmaida dress now in the same colour but with different dress cuts

9 hours ago, marmalade said:

Videos were up and People article released by 3 central time. I think it was a noon wedding. 

I'm going to guess, from my personal experience with weddings, that the whole wedding probably lasted 30-45 minutes tops. Depending on the size of the wedding party and the amount of music in the ceremony. I sang at a wedding that had 30 minutes of music before the ceremony- the actual wedding lasted 20 minutes and that included more music, sermon, and vows. Catholic weddings are the longest, if they have a full Mass and those are still an hour to an hour and 15 minutes depending on how many guests are there and the number of communion ministers needed to get all the guests through the communion procession. Protestant weddings are the shortest by far. Don't know about Jewish weddings because I've never been to one. 

Since we know the Duggars don't have the whole death talk or foot washing ceremony, I'm going to guess the ceremony was short. They want to see that kiss. im going to guess the wedding started at 1:30, over by 2:15. Take some video, release photos by 3. Things go fast now with the Internet. They couldn't afford to be scooped by JRod or some student on campus. 

I think LawsonBateego said that Ma and Pa duggar dictated how Jessa wore her hair when she was a teenager.  To me her hair looks the same, why would they dictate it or do you mean Gothard dictated it ...because that makes more sense. 

I am shocked that this lady designed all these dresses, TLC sure believes in this show because isn't that a huge expense 

9 minutes ago, nst said:

I am shocked that this lady designed all these dresses, TLC sure believes in this show because isn't that a huge expense 

I'm sure Ma and Pa are crossing their fingers that this wedding saves what little reputation they have left. I'm sure they're hoping that if this wedding is a success with ratings, the WHOLE family (Smugs included) will be back on the TLC gravy train. 

And maybe Jeremy had more of a say in how TLC allocated money for the wedding than JimBoob has had in the past. 

22 minutes ago, divadivine said:

I'm going to guess, from my personal experience with weddings, that the whole wedding probably lasted 30-45 minutes tops. Depending on the size of the wedding party and the amount of music in the ceremony. I sang at a wedding that had 30 minutes of music before the ceremony- the actual wedding lasted 20 minutes and that included more music, sermon, and vows. Catholic weddings are the longest, if they have a full Mass and those are still an hour to an hour and 15 minutes depending on how many guests are there and the number of communion ministers needed to get all the guests through the communion procession. Protestant weddings are the shortest by far. Don't know about Jewish weddings because I've never been to one. 

Coming from an ex-Mormon, I can tell you, the Mormon wedding ceremony takes like 10-15 minutes. I was completely shocked how quick the ceremony was when I was married, since that was the first Mormon temple wedding I had ever attended. Some guy (marriage officiant we met 10 minutes before the ceremony) gave his spiel on how marriage is sacred and then before I knew it, it was over. Kind of a let down. 

51 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

Lawson clearly loves attention, but he doesn't seem like he would be one to handle it well if a woman he was convinced he was going to marry decided to reject him for someone else. He sounds like a bitter ex-boyfriend and I really doubt he knows something terrible about Jeremy and is hinting at it. I don't think the idea that Jinger would choose someone else ever entered his mind, and it probably makes him angry since he has been raised to be this patriarch that women obey. 

IF they were pre-courting, he's being an absolute arsehole, because IF these are tweets of someone whose heart was broken, he's deliberately trying to not only make her feel bad, but also fuck with her reputation around her wedding day.

In the real world, hanging out with someone like they did seems like nothing, but in their world, his implying they were more than friends, or he gave pieces of his heart to her, also implies that she was leading him on.  Which is ridiculous, and if this was the scenario, I'm glad she had the chance to say no about it, but we all know it's all the women's faults in the Gothard world.

My bet is still "cynical attention grab to sell records", which is annoying enough, but if it's more than that, he's gone even lower in my estimation, as that's a crappy thing to do.  Either way, I think he's hoping websites will pick up on his tweet, with a handy link to the record...

I have always been skeptical of a Lawson-Jinger connection even though I think that they might also have been a good match but now with the tweets I am starting to think that he might have had at least some level of feelings for her. I am thinking she might have friend-zoned him. Normally fundie guys and girls wouldn't be able to hang out enough for this to happen but with the Bates I think the Duggars don't always assume there is a courtship in the air if a guy and girl talks. The difference between been friendly and flirting must be very small since they cannot even seek to hold another person's hand without it being like someone grabbing someone's crotch in the real world so it must be talking, smiles and looking at each other that say "I like you" and most of us, even fundies do that with friends too. When she then started to like Jeremy he might have been shocked but she had no idea and might even have tried to continue their friendship and even have said something about Lawson being better than Jeremy in some way which is what he refers to when he talks about comparing. 

Another theory here has been that Lawson is a bit of a flirt, at least as much as his culture allows and if that is true Jinger probably thought nothing of his attention and then was shocked when he was sad she got engaged. She might even have practiced a little with him and learned how to interact with a guy and was then very surprised when he was serious with him. Or, both might have fundieflirted but Lawson realized it was more than just flirting when Jinger gave him up.

@nst

I'm pretty sure that hair was covered on one of the early Duggar specials/17 kac - it had to be long and permed and they showed how they did it.  Joy escaped the perming because by the time she was old enough to curl her hair Gothard had fallen from grace and hair just had to be long.  Its why she's the only one who I've noticed has actually straightened her hair before.

But the fact that the parents dictated hair styles of the teens was openly discussed.

Maybe this has been asked and answered or mentioned already, but isn't there some Gothard camp or group in Australia? I seem to remember Pecan and Pris visiting it? Off to google...

Edited to add: there is quite the iblp community in Australia. 

http://iblp.org.au/

I get the impression that JB isn't a fan of Jeremy. It was also inappropriate for Jim Bob to bring up Jeremy's financial well being especially since Jeremy's parents were there. Quite frankly it's none of his business. Especially since Josh, Jessa, and Jill and their spouses all have lived on properties owned by daddy. Jeremy has his own apartment and sounds like he's been living on his own since college. Isn't it possible Jeremy has some money saved from his soccer days... ?
Moving on, Jing and Jeremy are by far my favorite couple. I think Jeremy and his parent's had a hand in some of the planning. I'm absolutely happy Jinger gets to move away from her toxic parents.

Wow, a Duggar wedding with professionally done hair and makeup, a tasteful, correctly altered dress, and sleeves that are NOT cheap lace? (Cheap lace is the bane of my existence and makes unfortunate appearances in many non-Fundie weddings as well.). A suit that fits the groom and flowers that are seasonal and appropriate???

Just what forum am I on here?

2 hours ago, Lurky said:

I dunno about Lawson's heart, but all those ambiguous statements are PERFECT for a man with a record out!  Great timing, releasing it around the wedding, and throwing out those "what is he saying?" type tweets and instas, to capitalise on the Duggar fame and shift more sales!  Someone's advising him well...

I believe this strategy is known as "Taylor Swifting" :P

I am LIVING for the Lawson gossip. I just love the smell of lost heart pieces in the morning.

1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

He sounds like a bitter ex-boyfriend and I really doubt he knows something terrible about Jeremy and is hinting at it. I don't think the idea that Jinger would choose someone else ever entered his mind, and it probably makes him angry since he has been raised to be this patriarch that women obey. 

Exactly. If he did know something about Jeremy-- how would he have found that out? Anything he might have heard I'm sure would have been available to the Duggars. 

I like Jinger's dress very much, I personally dislike strapless wedding dresses so I guess I end up being a fan of "modest" wedding gowns (not t-shirt, weird alterations ones though, but Jessa's and Jinger's are very pretty).

That color looks terrible on Joy.

I hate lavender with a passion.

I love bright colors so I am not a fan of Jana’s, but I find her so stunning she can wear anything and still look better than 90 per cent of the population.

I love, love, love Jessa’s dress.

I hate, hate hate that Jeremy somewhat resembles my husband in some pictures (he has the italian look and also wore blue to our wedding, though it was at City Hall, I wore a knee length bright pink dress).

End of rant about colors

Brown is generally accepted paired with a navy suit.

It 100% goes. I work in a white collar office setting and I see this pairing all the time.

So, 10 bridesmaids. We've got Jessa, Jana, Jill, Joy, Jeremy's sister and possibly Anna. That leaves at least four more bridesmaids. Any guesses?

22 minutes ago, imokit said:

@nst

I'm pretty sure that hair was covered on one of the early Duggar specials/17 kac - it had to be long and permed and they showed how they did it.  Joy escaped the perming because by the time she was old enough to curl her hair Gothard had fallen from grace and hair just had to be long.  Its why she's the only one who I've noticed has actually straightened her hair before.

But the fact that the parents dictated hair styles of the teens was openly discussed.

but Jessa wears her hair the same long - she just doesn't perm it 

JD made the cut as a groomsman.  Want to see the full wedding party.  The guys suits complement the theme of the bridesmaid dresses.  Also, Jana's dress color looks prettier in these pictures. 

1 hour ago, Fundie Bunny said:

I finally have been able to catch up!!! Lovely dress, lovely hair. Pleasantly surprising. As for the bridesmaids, why is everyone so obsessed with having to be matchy matchy? Or the theme? That's something I just don't get. iT's the same dress, with different colours, that don't clash. Just as many bridesmaida dress now in the same colour but with different dress cuts

it seems more grown up then the other two 

of course we haven't see the wedding so just from pictures - it seems more grown up 

I could be majorly wrong and sierra could be all over it - we just don't know 

hence now we HAVE TO TUNE IN 

snarkiness be damned 

Finally caught up. I've got a few thoughts:

I love Jinger's dress, Jeremy's suit, the bridesmaids dresses, AND Derick's manbun (no, really, I do). 

I can't wait until we figure out if there was food at the reception and how the decorations look. 

Overall this is already a much better dressed wedding than the previous two, but I do still prefer Jessa's wedding dress just slightly. 

I do feel sorta bad for Lawson based on his tweets, everyone deserves to grieve their heartbreak, but maybe the smart thing to do would have been to stay home and sit this one out. I think Jeremy SEEMS a better match for her so far. I hope it works out for them. 

• HerNameIsBuffy locked and unlocked this topic
  • HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived