IGNORED

Crazy Little Thing Called Love - Jinger is a Vuolo!

choralcrusader8613

I looove the bridesmaid dresses. Definitely a fan of the look of this wedding more than the others.

I am still confused about the wedding being aired on the 15th. TLC makes it sound like a preview but everybody else makes it sound like it's the whole thing.

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, eleanora3 said:

Pickles just posted more pictures from the wedding (not sure where they're from)14925644_1047907688641373_9032371223690027250_n.jpg14937233_1047907888641353_783435734156564947_n.jpg14907055_1047907791974696_2138768137780687651_n.jpg

Jeremy and his groomsmen look tidy and grown up in their suits. Grown men at an adult wedding.  

Poor Ben and his groomsmen looked terrible in their ill fitting crumpled shirts. Am I correct in thinking that the shirts were literally unwrapped and worn on the day of the wedding. I seem to recall that happening on the wedding special?

Jessa chose a lovely dress for her wedding but ruined things with her straight off the internet with no thought bridesmaid dresses. Jana's face said it all when she tried hers on if I recall.

I am wondering if Jana had a quiet word with Jinger about bridesmaid dresses. May be advised her to choose carefully and also refused to carry out any alterations. I sincerely hope so.

remember when Michelle went on and on during Jill's season that they were more backyard than whatever the word they used. 

Maybe they realize they HAD To step it up 

again I could be wrong and it all doesn't / won't make sense in the end 

The lavender bridesmaid dress really doesn't go with the other colors.

I'm shocked those are custom. This wedding was probably double the cost of the ones before.

Interesting that John-David was a groomsman, but Joseph (the brother Jinger was always shown as closest to) wasn't. Ben also doesn't seem to have made the cut. That's... a little weird (more so the fact that he did pick JD than that he didn't pick Joe and/or Ben, but still.)

4 minutes ago, seasonsoflife said:

That color looks terrible on Joy.

I thought the same thing. Joy has such a bright spirit about her. That odd light brown color does not look good on her. I'm betting it was part of the grapevine harvest color scheme. The other sisters are more concerned with what they look like, so  Joy not being a fashion diva took a bullet for the team and wore it.

In my opinion Joy's hair is too long as well (having it Rapunzel long ages her - she really needs a younger hairstyle), an up-do for the wedding would have been nice or a braided look. With all the long hair the Duggar girls have I'm amazed they never do the cool braided hairstyles I see on YouTube. So many options! 

1 minute ago, JillyO said:

Interesting that John-David was a groomsman, but Joseph (the brother Jinger was always shown as closest to) wasn't. Ben also doesn't seem to have made the cut. That's... a little weird (more so the fact that he did pick JD than that he didn't pick Joe and/or Ben, but still.)

I love the fact that Ben didn't make the cut. 

It shows that their bromance is fake like Ben :D

again I could be wrong and he could have done the guest book 

but if this is true and Jeremy stands up to the Duggars 

wow Jinge will have so far ruled the world 

I think the lighting is better on these photos. In the last batch, I didn't mind the colour of Joy's dress, I thought it was ok, but didn't like Jana's silver grey. In these newer pics, it's the opposite, I think Jana looks gorgeous and dress is a good colour on her but don't like Joy's colour of dress.

I wonder if the extra bridemaids (not yet seen) could be the younger girls but in floral dresses instead. I am not sure how that would work though. I am not familiar with wedding planning and colour schemes. Jordyn was in floral dress but so too was one of the Bates lil girls. Might be weird to include Bates' in the wedding party especially if Lawson is feeling the missing heart pieces. Maybe it is flower girls in floral dresses sounds cute too. Jenni and Johannah are maybe just a lil too old to be flower girls but slightly too young to be bridemaids.

Based on the few photos of Ben from the wedding I think he was one of the groomsmen. He's definitely wearing the polka dot tie. 

Just now, BirthingGodsWarriors said:

Based on the few photos of Ben from the wedding I think he was one of the groomsmen. He's definitely wearing the polka dot tie. 

I think you're right.  He's got the boutonnière on his lapel here. 

IMG_1034.PNG

Whew! I finally caught up! I think Jessa had the nicest colour of dress, followed by Jana, though I do think that the red did look nice on Jeremy's sister. Joy might have looked nicer in Jana's colour dress or maybe something closer to Jessa's. Why is John David in every single wedding? How does that happen? Are they trying to get him some nice fundie maiden? Ben does look like he's wearing the tie but I think we are only seeing bits and pieces. It will be interesting to see it all come together. 

2 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Why is John David in every single wedding? How does that happen? Are they trying to get him some nice fundie maiden? 

Because NOW he is the OLDEST brother because Josh does not count anymore so the one who is supposed to take care of his little sisters and protect them and be an example to the younger ones (fairly sure he said it in an interview). Would not be surprised if Joseph was in too, after all he is Jinger's favourite brother.

Looks like Joseph was in it but maybe an usher because he is matching some other Duggar brother.

IMG_0071.PNGPics still from Pickles 

2 minutes ago, Finduilas said:

Because NOW he is the OLDEST brother because Josh does not count anymore so the one who is supposed to take care of his little sisters and protect them and be an example to the younger ones (fairly sure he said it in an interview). Would not be surprised if Joseph was in too, after all he is Jinger's favourite brother.

Nope, he wasn't one of the groomsmen. Here's a picture of him:

14956400_1047907941974681_81411701740069

That's not what the groomsmen wore.

Looking at the pictures again, I have to concede that Ben may have been a groomsman after all. I didn't think his suit matched the groomsmen's, but now I think that may have just been different lighting.

34 minutes ago, eleanora3 said:

Pickles just posted more pictures from the wedding (not sure where they're from)14925644_1047907688641373_9032371223690027250_n.jpg14937233_1047907888641353_783435734156564947_n.jpg14907055_1047907791974696_2138768137780687651_n.jpg

1. Someone really needs to talk to them about shoes, they really let the outfits down (apart from that, the bride and her attendants looked lovely).

2. Did the groomsmen come dressed as Geography teachers? They look scruffy and not in the good "shabby chic/rustic" way. I know I'm old and out of touch and from a different country but 'in my day' men wore morning suits and shaved properly #OldFart #IDontUnderstandTheYouthOfToday  ;) 

7 hours ago, CoveredInBees said:
1. Someone really needs to talk to them about shoes, they really let the outfits down (apart from that, the bride and her attendants looked lovely).
2. Did the groomsmen come dressed as Geography teachers? They look scruffy and not in the good "shabby chic/rustic" way. I know I'm old and out of touch and from a different country but 'in my day' men wore morning suits and shaved properly #OldFart #IDontUnderstandTheYouthOfToday  [emoji6] 

I got the impression the girls got to pick their own shoes... but maybe Jinger wanted them to wear some sort of wedge sandals.

2 hours ago, BabyBottlePop said:

I find all the Twitter posts Lawson has been making kind of immature. Maybe he is heartbroken but the way he's putting it all out there seems like a grab for attention to me. For all we know, he knows of the publics perception of him and Jinger and is trying to use that to his advantage, maybe to help his music career.  

I'm glad Jinger ended up with an independent, self sufficient (as far as I can tell) man. Only time will tell if he is truly a good man but I'm hoping for the best.

ITA.  I understand why folks are wary of Jeremy - we don't know enough about him, and more to the point, Jinger doesn't know enough about him thanks to her asshole parents, who have put her in the position of 'trusting in the lord' that he will be good to her, and giving her no recourse if he is not.

Lawson, though, pretty clearly seems like a bullet dodged from my perspective.  He has been soaking in Gothard koolaid since birth - Jinger needs to move away from that BS, not towards it.  Also, over the past few days he has shown himself to be a passive-aggressive man child - thank FSM Jinger will not be saddled to his emotional nonsense for decades to come.

Pickles posted a pic of Josh too, he's slimmed down and is genuinely smiling.  I don't believe he is nearly as persona non grata as TLC wants us to think he is.

Seems tacky AF to have Bin in the wedding party and not Joseph, one of Jinger's actual brothers that she has a close relationship with - like a move calculated to suit the TV show, since Bin is one of the "main characters".

4 minutes ago, Funwithfundies said:

ITA.  I understand why folks are wary of Jeremy - we don't know enough about him, and more to the point, Jinger doesn't know enough about him thanks to her asshole parents, who have put her in the position of 'trusting in the lord' that he will be good to her, and giving her no recourse if he is not.

Lawson, though, pretty clearly seems like a bullet dodged from my perspective.  He has been soaking in Gothard koolaid since birth - Jinger needs to move away from that BS, not towards it.  Also, over the past few days he has shown himself to be a passive-aggressive man child - thank FSM Jinger will not be saddled to his emotional nonsense for decades to come.

see knowing that he is a passive aggressive man child makes me feel better.   Jinge does not need that by any means.  Not with her history of crying 

The bates seem to be able to hide their weirdness better but clearly this is not the case. 

As for Jeremy - who knows - 

3 minutes ago, violynn said:

Pickles posted a pic of Josh too, he's slimmed down and is genuinely smiling.  I don't believe he is nearly as persona non grata as TLC wants us to think he is.

he may be there - but it's not the same as it used to be where he ruled the roost so TLC knows he is persona non grata - like when he held the mic at jessa's reception - i don't see that happening anytime soon 

they might hope not show him - edit the man out 

1 minute ago, nickelodeon said:

Seems tacky AF to have Bin in the wedding party and not Joseph, one of Jinger's actual brothers that she has a close relationship with - like a move calculated to suit the TV show, since Bin is one of the "main characters".

Except Bin (and Jessa) were the conduit for Jinger and Jeremy meeting, so I think it would be inappropriate if Bin were not a groomsman.

Just now, Fascinated said:

Except Bin (and Jessa) were the conduit for Jinger and Jeremy meeting, so I think it would be inappropriate if Bin were not a groomsman.

ok for you he got upped to groosman - he didn't have to hold the guest book :D

• HerNameIsBuffy locked and unlocked this topic
  • HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived