IGNORED

Crazy Little Thing Called Love - Jinger is a Vuolo!

choralcrusader8613

15 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

And just want to take a minute to remind people that everyone thought Jill and Jessa's weddings looked great at first too. That changed after all the wedding prep episodes and watching the actual wedding episodes though. So don't get your hopes too high for this wedding - the same disappointment could still happen again.

As long as the couples are happy with their weddings, it really doesn't matter what we think. I mean, I know everyone loves to snark on them/be surprised when they actually like something a Fundie does, but it's their day. 

That being said, I wonder how Jessa and Jill feel about Jinger having (what we believe is) a fancier wedding than them. 

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I liked the style of the bridesmaid dresses, for the most part, but some of the colors are just hideous. I think the lavender (Jill's), the burgundy on Jeremy's sister, and the dark purple (Jessa's) were nice, but the gray poor Jana was wearing or Joy's, which looks like an ugly brown couch in a lounge decorated in 1990? No, ma'am. It also seems like she picked different color tones. If they were all jewel tones or all pastels or all ugly couch browns it might make more sense. I really don't understand why she didn't go with, say, the burgundy for everybody. It's a pretty flattering color for most people. 

IIRC, Jill said she wanted a "shabby chic" wedding and she was first, so I'm sure she's fine. (Though maybe she chose lilac, the color that doesn't match the rest to put attention on herself. That's a very Jill thing to do)

Jessa could be a bit resentful though.

8 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

I liked the style of the bridesmaid dresses, for the most part, but some of the colors are just hideous. I think the lavender (Jill's), the burgundy on Jeremy's sister, and the dark purple (Jessa's) were nice, but the gray poor Jana was wearing or Joy's, which looks like an ugly brown couch in a lounge decorated in 1990? No, ma'am. It also seems like she picked different color tones. If they were all jewel tones or all pastels or all ugly couch browns it might make more sense. I really don't understand why she didn't go with, say, the burgundy for everybody. It's a pretty flattering color for most people. 

Yesterday (I think?) someone said that perhaps all the bridesmaids got to choose their color. I think that's what happened. I don't mind Jill's, Jana's, or Jeremy's sister. I think Jessa's would look nicer if it were more plum clored than fuschia-- hers seems to bright compared to all the other ones. I predict the other bridesmaids are some shade of blue and green, and maybe a mustard dress. I hate the color of Joy's dress. on every day dresses it'd be okay, but it really  doesn't seem like a formal dress color. It's just too close to mud.

8 minutes ago, Gillyweed said:

As long as the couples are happy with their weddings, it really doesn't matter what we think. I mean, I know everyone loves to snark on them/be surprised when they actually like something a Fundie does, but it's their day. 

That being said, I wonder how Jessa and Jill feel about Jinger having (what we believe is) a fancier wedding than them. 

It does seem fancier, but the meat and bones of the wedding probably wasn't.  It only appears fancier because the bridesmaids dresses are much nicer. But the reception was probably the same wedding-cake-to-go bs we've seen at the others.  

5 minutes ago, RabbitKM said:

It does seem fancier, but the meat and bones of the wedding probably wasn't.  It only appears fancier because the bridesmaids dresses are much nicer. But the reception was probably the same wedding-cake-to-go bs we've seen at the others.  

They seemed to have a somewhat nicer location too, but you're right. At the reception, it was probably the same powdered lemonade, cheap ass cookies, and questionable chicken salad on Ritz crackers.

3 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

They seemed to have a somewhat nicer location too, but you're right. At the reception, it was probably the same powdered lemonade, cheap ass cookies, and questionable chicken salad on Ritz crackers.

I'd love or us to be proved wrong on this but likely you're right. I do love Ritz but not for a wedding. 

12 hours ago, AnnaRuk09 said:

There are several events and  pics from last fall of her and Lawson together. The pic at Amy's wedding where they were both together, the time when she flew to Tennessee for a football game, the time when they were playing archery together. I thought fundies weren't allowed to have first loves before their spouses? 

Lawson has always seemed like a major egomaniac to me. If Jinger picked Jeremy overbhim, that would continue to be a major blow.

I am just super excited at the thought that perhaps Jinger DID actually have some choice.

6 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

I'd love or us to be proved wrong on this but likely you're right. I do love Ritz but not for a wedding. 

Oh trust me, I'd eat the hell out of all those things. It's just not very classy for a wedding. 

Then again, we could be wrong and it very well could have been fancier than the others.  So far, the wedding guests (with the exception of Boob and DQ) were dressed up far fancier than what we've seen before.  

I'm betting Jessica Seewald was a bridesmaid?

Why would Jinger choose her BIL's sister as a bridesmaid? AFAIK they're not friends.

18 minutes ago, sj3339sta said:

Lawson has always seemed like a major egomaniac to me. If Jinger picked Jeremy overbhim, that would continue to be a major blow.

I am just super excited at the thought that perhaps Jinger DID actually have some choice.

To be honest, I for the most part believed JB when he said he doesn't choose who his daughters (and sons) marry. Some girls might be dumb and go for the first one that asks, but I believed him for the most part during that interview when he said that (late 2014 I think). In that interview, he said he brings to attention certain people but his daughters make the final decision. He also said that many have asked about Jana but "she hasn't felt God leading that way." Then there was the zach courtship request (were those rumors or fact?) where Jana said no and ended that. That's my opinion, but without doubt if he didn't like a guy he would Immediately get rid of him

I was trying to think why so many of the reactions, in these threads, to Jinger's wedding are making me uncomfortable.

So many people are gaga for Jinger's dress and the bridesmaids' dresses and the church and the groom's clothes. So many people are saying this is the best fundy wedding yet, and that J&J have chosen a fabulous honeymoon destination etc., etc.

Today I realized the reason I'm bothered by all this enthusiasm for Jinger and Jeremy's nuptials: It means that people are falling for the Duggars' and TLC's plan.

All of this will translate, I have no doubt, into large numbers tuning in for the November 15th show. It will enrich TLC and the Duggars' bottom line. "Counting On" will be renewed and advertisers will return to support the show.

Worse still, it may also translate into higher approval ratings for the Duggars generally. It may encourage people to forget about, or overlook, not only Joshly's abhorrent behavior, but also the revolting values and beliefs that underlie everything the Duggars and their hangers-on do. It will help people not to notice that their fundamentalism is based on opposing reproductive freedom, deliberately not educating children, being anti-LGBTI rights, and treating women primarily as baby generators.

In other words, if we are all enchanted by this wedding, we will help to prop up the Duggar machine. That's why I refuse to be taken in by the images they are foisting on us.

22 minutes ago, RabbitKM said:

Then again, we could be wrong and it very well could have been fancier than the others.  So far, the wedding guests (with the exception of Boob and DQ) were dressed up far fancier than what we've seen before.  

They have been! It's very impressive and there was an actual place for the reception! Not the fanciest place but it's better than a parking lot. I'm still in love with Jeremy's mother's dress. 

3 hours ago, CharlieInCharge said:

Looks like Joseph was in it but maybe an usher because he is matching some other Duggar brother.

IMG_0071.PNGPics still from Pickles 

Joe could be a really good looking guy if he wasn't a mouth breather. 

Jinger looked beautiful. The natural look is a good one for her.

Jeremy looked very handsome. I bet Jinger is happy she's with a man who knows how to dress properly should the occasion arise.

As opposed to Derick.. messy man bun is another unfortunate look for him.

I liked what the groomsmen wore.

I loved the color of Jessa's dress and thought she looked beautiful. The bridesmaids dresses, I'm not sure how I feel about them.

Jeremy's parents looked very nice!

JB and Michelle, I don't know what the fuck was up with what they were wearing!

1 minute ago, Analytica49 said:

I was trying to think why so many of the reactions, in these threads, to Jinger's wedding are making me uncomfortable.

So many people are gaga for Jinger's dress and the bridesmaids' dresses and the church and the groom's clothes. So many people are saying this is the best fundy wedding yet, and that J&J have chosen a fabulous honeymoon destination etc., etc.

Today I realized the reason I'm bothered by all this enthusiasm for Jinger and Jeremy's nuptials: It means that people are falling for the Duggars' and TLC's plan.

All of this will translate, I have no doubt, into large numbers tuning in for the November 15th show. It will enrich TLC and the Duggars' bottom line. "Counting On" will be renewed and advertisers will return to support the show.

Worse still, it may also translate into higher approval ratings for the Duggars generally. It may encourage people to forget about, or overlook, not only Joshly's abhorrent behavior, but also the revolting values and beliefs that underlie everything the Duggars and their hangers-on do. It will help people not to notice that their fundamentalism is based on opposing reproductive freedom, deliberately not educating children, being anti-LGBTI rights, and treating women primarily as baby generators.

In other words, if we are all enchanted by this wedding, we will help to prop up the Duggar machine. That's why I refuse to be taken in by the images they are foisting on us.

Yes to all of this! I refuse to visit the People, TLC or any personal websites of theirs including Facebook pages. The network keeps track of how many people are visiting Duggar articles and base part of their decision on renewing it off of those things. I refuse to contribute! 

6 hours ago, Suz8710 said:

IMG_8722.PNG

TLC spared no expense for this one...no way would the Duggars spring for custom bridesmaid dresses, let alone the bridal dress.

IMG_8721.PNG

IMG_8721.PNG

Okay, first off Renee needs to learn to proofread her posts before hitting send or learn to use the edit function. That doesn't look good for her business. At least in my opinion. 

I checked her out and her shop is in Pensacola. 

It also seems that Renee tries to pass off other designer's dresses as her own creations per a Yelp review. I don't buy it for one minute that those bridesmaid dresses were custom. Another person on the tread already found them and posted the photo. Renee probably did the alterations, but the dresses are not her unique creations. 

image.png

Or, it is another way for product placement. I wonder how all of the works. Is it free dresses but a chance to advertise on a reality show?

1 hour ago, VelociRapture said:

It is a thing now. It's supposed to help make decisions a bit easier I think.  

While planning our wedding I had lots of people ask what theme we would go with. Our answer was always, "... wedding?" :pb_lol:

If asked about colors I'd say, "Blue, yellow, and white/ivory" - simply because those were the main colors of the Bridal party outfits and flowers.

I don't think I was very good at being the stereotypical Bride.  :pb_lol:

I had two Bridesmaids in my wedding (my sister and a friend.) I chose the fabric and color, but let them choose the length (both long) and style (they chose different ones.) They also had free reign over their accessories, shoes, hair, and makeup (I paid for their hair and makeup too.)

One reason I did that is because my sister (MOH) was going to be six months pregnant during the wedding and they have different body types. I wanted them both to feel comfortable and beautiful - the cobalt color of the dresses really flattered both their very different coloring and they seemed really pleased to have a say.

I was also in a wedding once where everyone had the same exact dress and it wasn't flattering on everyone (even though we all agreed with the Bride that it did because it was easier that way.) To be honest, not being given some say in what I was wearing made me feel like I was kind of interchangeable or a doll the Bride was playing dress up with. So I wasn't keen on doing that to my Bridesmaids when it was my turn. I think that many Brides feel when same way now too. 

Just wanted to offer a possible explanation or a different perspective. :pb_smile:

-------

And just want to take a minute to remind people that everyone thought Jill and Jessa's weddings looked great at first too. That changed after all the wedding prep episodes and watching the actual wedding episodes though. So don't get your hopes too high for this wedding - the same disappointment could still happen again.

I told people our theme was "getting married". My MoH is kind of wedding crazy and was practically distraught over my not being a good stereotypical obsessed bride. 

I had four bridesmaids. A tall size 4, a short curvy 10, a tall slim 10, and a plus size. There is not a dress on earth that would have been flattering on all four of them. I picked a color and had them choose something they liked in that color. 

I was a bridesmaid four times before I got married. Two of those brides were so obsessed with the matchy matching thing that it was painful. One made the married and engaged bridesmaids not wear their rings because the two of us who were not did not have rings and their rings didn't match each other. The other tried to make us wear matching lipstick. Peptobismal pink lipstick no less. I refused to be that way. They picked their own dresses, shoes, jewelry, nail polish. Everything. 

Does  Derick prefer a man bun because it's a safer option than having Jill cut his hair for him? He was rocking the Herman Monster look when they first married.

29 minutes ago, Analytica49 said:

Meh. The Duggars' beliefs and practices don't suck any less than they did prior to the wedding, but Jinger and Jeremy aren't my BECs. Acknowledging that they appear to have had a classier wedding and better sense of style =/= "enamored"; it's making a superficial observation. 

14 hours ago, ClaraOswin said:

Thanks for this. Exactly what I was thinking. I like the mixed patterns a lot. And the brown shoes with blue suit. (But maybe because my husband tends to do both of these things...ha!)

And all the talk of wedding theme....harvest, gem stones, etc....

I didn't realize one needed to have a "theme" or whatever for a wedding. Is this a newer trend? Maybe I am just out of the loop. I was married a decade ago. No theme. Just picked some colors we liked and used them for dresses/decorations.

I think there have always been themes in terms of cohesion. So if you're having a country wedding with casual dresses and wildflowers for bouquets, some very elaborate and modern cut glass cake stand probably isn't going to fit the same way a wooden one would. Same if you're having a wedding in the city with black and white as the colors, tree stump decorations with wood burned designs probably aren't going to go well in a Hilton ballroom.

But I know plenty of people who didn't have a theme in the sense of "nautical" or "Venetian" or something like that. 

(And I hate black and so I wear navy blue all the time with dark brown shoes, so I'll always have your back on that! :pb_lol:)

• HerNameIsBuffy locked and unlocked this topic
  • HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived