IGNORED

Crazy Little Thing Called Love - Jinger is a Vuolo!

choralcrusader8613

I can't wait for the honeymoon!  As an Australian I really want some fundie to point out all the things that we are doing wrong.  Even our version of fundies probably aren't up to Duggar standard!  Although it won't do much to promote Australia as a tourist destination given that beaches and pubs are probably off the agenda.

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Whydon'ttheyspeakintongues said:

I can't wait for the honeymoon!  As an Australian I really want some fundie to point out all the things that we are doing wrong.  Even our version of fundies probably aren't up to Duggar standard!  Although it won't do much to promote Australia as a tourist destination given that beaches and pubs are probably off the agenda.

Well, the only Australian (ex-)fundie I know of turned into Sparkling Lauren, so ... :pb_lol:

I live about 100m from a major Australian tourist attraction... though one that is VERY full of NIKE! I promise to be ever vigilant for honeymooning fundies and report back should I spot JinJer as i go about my day!

I really, really hope that he's kind to her.  I don't find him smarmy and like the way he looks at her, so I have a bit of hope.  I remember awhile back her saying something about them having something in common and that they were both "fallen" or something, and feel like they're talking about two very different things, but in Jinger's mind, because of the messed up Gothard beliefs, they may be the same.  I hope she trusts him and he doesn't betray that trust, I hope he is kind to her and encourages her to spread her wings a little at a time, so that she feels safe doing so.  I REALLY hope he doesn't push things in the "marriage bed" farther or faster than she is comfortable with; I am hoping he really loves her and his years and experience will give him good judgement and restraint and compassion there.  

I LOVE her dress.  It is exactly what I wanted but didn't wind up with.  I also love his mixed patterns.  The blue of his suit is slightly too bright for me, but it looks good on him, so no matter.  I also love the idea of the bridesmaids dresses but would have gone with a slightly different color palette, a deeper grey, more of an aubergine than either of the purples.  Still, very classy and pretty. 

I'm happy they're going so far away for their honeymoon!  It'll be exciting, and lots for Jinger to experience and see.  I hope that Jeremy having a sister and mom that do more than stay at home having babies while still being "good Christians" will let her see it's okay to want more for herself, and I hope Jeremy encourages that.  I am sure she will miss her family dreadfully, but I don't worry about her being all alone in Laredo, she will meet people through his church at least, and it seems as though he has friends, and in a city it's a lot easier to just be out and about, exploring and meeting new people.  

Congratulations, Jinger and Jeremy!  I am also glad they went with jingerandjeremy.com instead of jeremyandjinger.  The former just sounds better; I was really put off by JB and Michelle's video with his name first - it sounds worse AND he's not your kid, but we all know what you value most.

3 hours ago, calimojo said:

Did they actually have food at the wedding or do we not know this yet for sure?  I mean a day time wedding doesn't require food, and I don't really have a problem with just cake/punch and mints.  But I always thought it was so tacky and insensitive to have a parking lot reception as Jill and Jessa did.  If they needed to use the parking lot for additional space, JB could have sprung for some nice white Tents that could have actually been warmed up for Jessa's wedding or Cooled down for Jill's wedding.    If you invite a gazillion guests, it is YOUR problem to find seating for all of them,  not the Guests problem to have to stand around in the heat or the cold after driving hours  to get there, find parking when 1000+ guests descend on a tiny town, and are expected to bring gifts.  Plan enough seating and adequate refreshments, appropriate to the time of day,  to provide for your guests.  And this is to Jessa:  Being a decent Hostess at a wedding doesn't mean just choosing to offer only what you like (i.e. ice cream),  it actually means considering what others might like, especially if you are going to have them stand outside in 40-50 degree weather eating a frozen food.  She is such an asshole

I certainly don't disagree that it was an asshole move . . . and maybe I'm just playing Devil's Advocate here again (I really don't mean to defend a Duggar), but I also wonder if her wedding planning was the first time, she got to pick stuff she wanted without anybody else being able to say, "That doesn't work for the family".  For all we know, she fully expected JB and Sierra to provide tents/proper reception hall, and maybe was secretly mortified when she realized neither was happening.  It's not like Ben or her had any money to "contribute a say", or say, "Well if you're not going to pay for it, then I will!"  I mean, sure - we've seen Jessa really put her foot down and run things around the TTH, and her own (and her family in general).  But it's one thing to run the roost verbally, and emotionally; it's another to have the financial means to change the wedding/reception when your a-hole father (and husband) won't foot the bill for all the people they've invited.

3 hours ago, AnnaRuk09 said:

There are several events and  pics from last fall of her and Lawson together. The pic at Amy's wedding where they were both together, the time when she flew to Tennessee for a football game, the time when they were playing archery together. I thought fundies weren't allowed to have first loves before their spouses? 

I think *something* was happening (last summer and fall), but then the mission happened in CA in December, and Jinger never looked back.  I agree with a previous poster that it might have boiled down to Lawson assuming she would wait while he kept working on music (or, just in general as a fundie girl sitting at home for Prince Charming), and the fact that picking either meant country living vs. city living. 

IF Lawson gets married, maybe he'll live in Nashville full time, or maybe not.  Maybe he'll go back to what's familiar with his family, and have a little farm nearby or something.  A huge difference between Lawson and Jeremy, is the fact that Jeremy's settled, while Lawson is still trying to figure things out (music, marriage, family, just LIFE).  While Jeremy has a job, a congregation, and seems more self assured (in at least a *seemingly* relaxed way, versus Lawson's - for a lack of a better word atm - egotistical way).  We can all seem to agree that Jinger is a bit more on the sensitive side, and (again seemingly), Jeremy might have enough emotional maturity to provide her some much needed stability.  Versus Lawson hasn't figured himself out, and would thus drag Jinger around with him in all sorts of situations while he matured.  Obviously I don't know them personally, and everything else aside, Jeremy just seems more on emotionally/mature settled side, versus Lawson (who has some maturity, just less than Jeremy), so in the end, in comparison - I can see why Jinger picked him.

2 hours ago, Shadoewolf said:

I couldn't do the small town thing in Arkansas. 12,500 people. It drove my suburbanite self absolutely bonkers. 3 hours to the nearest decent store or major city, horrible medical care, having my son's school tell me they didn't have staff with the right capabilities to handle him so my only option was to homeschool. Hated the 2 years I spent there. So when hubby and I were on the verge of divorce last year and my lawyer said it was very likely the judge would let me move back home to the Midwest with our son I was thrilled. When hubby and I reconciled I told him I was taking th the kids and moving home. He could stay in AR or move with me but I was outta there!

Maybe it's just because it's 3:40 in the morning here (I crashed at 8:30, after my son's bday party - which was a blast!) . . . but is it okay to ask if the hubs followed you and the kids?  I'm just curious now - but please just ignore if you'd rather not answer!  I don't want to make anyone uncomfortable :/

_________

As for the actual wedding!!!  I doubt there's anything I can contribute that hasn't already been said (Jinger looked beautiful, and happy in that TLC video, and I hope the honeymoon is at least comfortable as she adjusts to being a wife, and just traveling Australia, and New Zealand - though I'm 100% certain that we'll see snippets during the wedding special - unless the honeymoon will be it's own VSE). 

I wonder (again, like a broken record), if the clip show for Jinger, will show some wedding planning details - we haven't seen anything yet, so maybe it'll feature her going to to pick out her dress at least (with sprinkles of years past crunchy hair clips).  One can hope - for the dress, not the crunchy hair.

13 minutes ago, InThePrayerCloset said:

I live about 100m from a major Australian tourist attraction... though one that is VERY full of NIKE! I promise to be ever vigilant for honeymooning fundies and report back should I spot JinJer as i go about my day!

I'm going to Sydney next week so I'll look out for front hugs in front of the Opera House!

I'm paraphrasing (because of course now I can't find it to screen grab it!) a comment I saw on the dailymail article, but it was such gold, I need to share it here:
"Nice job Jinger!  That's a present I wouldn't mind unwrapping!  Better than the hippie, or marshmallow your sisters picked!!"

^ Derick being called a hippie isn't a new one, but I don't think I ever heard Ben described as a marshmallow, and now I love it lol!

22 minutes ago, Fun Undies said:

I'm paraphrasing (because of course now I can't find it to screen grab it!) a comment I saw on the dailymail article, but it was such gold, I need to share it here:
"Nice job Jinger!  That's a present I wouldn't mind unwrapping!  Better than the hippie, or marshmallow your sisters picked!!"

^ Derick being called a hippie isn't a new one, but I don't think I ever heard Ben described as a marshmallow, and now I love it lol!

Marshmallow sounds more like it describes Joshley, which makes me wonder if maybe the commenter isn't terribly familiar with the family and got Joshley/Anna and Ben/Jessa mixed up.

I think the autumnal look of the wedding is quite lovely. Jinger looks stunning, I like what I've seen of her dress so far. And she really suits the toned down makeup. 

Just now, alba said:

Marshmallow sounds more like it describes Joshley, which makes me wonder if maybe the commenter isn't terribly familiar with the family and got Joshley/Anna and Ben/Jessa mixed up.

Oh gosh, I guess that's possible . . . though there's a TON of other words I'd use to describe Josh, and none are marshmallow lol.
Ben to me, is like that adorkable (how he reacted after Jinger's proposal about managing to keep the secret was kinda adorable, I hate to admit!) but yeah, high schooler nerdy guy, who tries to hard to appear cool (i.e. the hats), and has not in any way, shape, or form grown into his own yet.  So I don't know, marshmallow kind works for me haha: he's a moldable thing, that's all goo on the inside (no backbone, unsure of himself, whatever you want to call it). 

2 hours ago, Whydon'ttheyspeakintongues said:

Even our version of fundies probably aren't up to Duggar standard!

I feel like the Exclusive Brethren are probably  the nearest thing we have. They're pretty conservative, if we dropped them in NWA they'd fit right in with their denim skirts and conservative necklines.

Oddly enough I feel like a lot of the new clothes for this season are bordering on Duggar/Fundie Chic. I was in  a Jeanswest store the other day, maxi skirts, dresses and knee length denim skirts were half their stock! I tried on a top and skirt combo and could have passed myself off as one of them if I tried. I have seen a lot of really genuinely nice, yet conservative summer clothing. (A nice change from the extra short, shorts and crop tops that seem to have plagued the last few years!)

If it wasn't expensive my even my standards, I'd suggest Jeremy should buy Jinger some exotic Australian clothes. 

Great minds Kangaroo because I was at Jeanswest today, grabbed a knee length denim skirt and told hubs I could be a Duggar. They look very fundie!

I'm in SE Queensland and  there are a couple of fundie light churches here as well as the Exclusive Brethren (they're the fundies closest to my hearts). In Logan/Browns Plains I've seen some dressed like that with big families and I drove past a house once near there with hoards.of them milling around out front. I nearly swerved on the other side I so busy having a gawk! There must be some kindred spirits for JinJer aroud here. Better they go to the Gold Coast, get defrauded on the beach and party away.

I'd suggest Rotorua in New Zealand for some defrauding Maori dancers.

Jinger's dress is nice but I preferred Jessa's. They looked very happy. Jeremy looked very snappy.

I find all the Twitter posts Lawson has been making kind of immature. Maybe he is heartbroken but the way he's putting it all out there seems like a grab for attention to me. For all we know, he knows of the publics perception of him and Jinger and is trying to use that to his advantage, maybe to help his music career.  

I'm glad Jinger ended up with an independent, self sufficient (as far as I can tell) man. Only time will tell if he is truly a good man but I'm hoping for the best.

I dunno about Lawson's heart, but all those ambiguous statements are PERFECT for a man with a record out!  Great timing, releasing it around the wedding, and throwing out those "what is he saying?" type tweets and instas, to capitalise on the Duggar fame and shift more sales!  Someone's advising him well...

I have to see a better picture of Jinger's dress to decide if I like it better than Jessa's, but Jinger's bridesmaid dresses were beautiful. I like that they weren't all completely uniform. The only color I don't really get is the lavender of Jill's, it doesn't seem as rich as the other colors, but maybe they look really good all together.

Was just logging in to post about Rotorua and Maori performances too! lol

When they come here, it is the one thing you can guarantee they will do and as I'm positive the whole thing will be filmed, I'm already howling with laughter at the awkwardness that will ensue. The Haka is a war dance and usually involves the calling up of spirits of the ancestors to help win..... As we don't get a lot of snow in NZ, the traditional costumes aren't that modest and I can't figure out what will disturb Jinjer more. Naked skin or ghosts? 

Trying to figure out what else they will do here. Thermal activity around Rotorua/Taupo, probably Queenstown for some kind of heights related action, visit a kiwi house somewhere and I wouldn't be surprised if they visit Waiheke Island (though I can't make up my mind if it will be the hippy version or the fly in by helicopter, super expensive restaurant trip) and either Mt Ruapehu or Mt Aoraki/Cook. 

As to this being the nicest Duggar wedding so far. Jeremy has an actual reputation to think about as he is already established in life and Duggars? That is not a bad thing!

2 hours ago, Fun Undies said:

I certainly don't disagree that it was an asshole move . . . and maybe I'm just playing Devil's Advocate here again (I really don't mean to defend a Duggar), but I also wonder if her wedding planning was the first time, she got to pick stuff she wanted without anybody else being able to say, "That doesn't work for the family".  For all we know, she fully expected JB and Sierra to provide tents/proper reception hall, and maybe was secretly mortified when she realized neither was happening.  It's not like Ben or her had any money to "contribute a say", or say, "Well if you're not going to pay for it, then I will!"  I mean, sure - we've seen Jessa really put her foot down and run things around the TTH, and her own (and her family in general).  But it's one thing to run the roost verbally, and emotionally; it's another to have the financial means to change the wedding/reception when your a-hole father (and husband) won't foot the bill for all the people they've invited.

I wasn't posting on FJ at the time of Jessa's wedding but I do remember saying this at the time to a friend who I snark on fundies with.

While I still think there is something tacky and a bit rude about icecream in an outside parking lot in cool autumn weather, I also agree that the icecream sundaes had an element of this being the one time Jessa was truly allowed to make it 'all about me'  because of the modern mentality of 'it is the bride and groom's day, their rules' instead of J-O-Y. And I remember part of it being that she just wanted to do something different. I got a bit of a 'I'm going to do this because I can' vibe from it which I can actually understand with Jessa.

Yeah, it was stupid. but I can understand how someone whose entire life even in early adulthood was micromanaged by her parents right down to forced chaperones on outings with her fiancee and dictating how she wore her hair would make a couple of dumb or selfish decisions when she finally gets the chance to simply, well, make one. 

i love what we've seen of jinger's dress, the bridesmaids dresses and of course jinger's hair. i love that she did something different - she looks beautiful.

i wonder where in aus they're going to go, i agree that jinger is going to love the coffee. we do really great coffee here.r

If there were ten bridesmaid dresses then I guess there'd have been two of each colour. So 2 red, 2 lavender, 2 silver, 2 blush and 2 purple. That for me would make it look a little better as you could do all sorts of things to make the bridesmaids look good in the group photos with symmetry and everything. Plus you could have them walking down the aisle in pairs with the bridesmaid in the matching dress.

I definitely think it was a good move getting the bride's dress custom made as it allowed Jinger to have a modest dress that looked stylish and didn't have to be adapted. Also it meant that she could have her dress as she wanted it without compromising on anything other than modesty.

@Suz8710 So there were 10 bridesmaids.  Assuming JB paid for the dresses of all 10, that would have set him back about $1,000.  Jinger's affair looks a lot classier than the previous 2.  While I think JInger looks beautiful and I do like the dress, it's the style dress I would have expected to see on Jana. I was imagining something different for Jinger.  Pleasantly surprised by her hair and she and Jeremy look really good together.

I find all the Twitter posts Lawson has been making kind of immature. Maybe he is heartbroken but the way he's putting it all out there seems like a grab for attention to me. For all we know, he knows of the publics perception of him and Jinger and is trying to use that to his advantage, maybe to help his music career.  
I'm glad Jinger ended up with an independent, self sufficient (as far as I can tell) man. Only time will tell if he is truly a good man but I'm hoping for the best.

I agree. A guy who is subtweeting about me is not mature enough for me to want to marry. I am sure there were some red flags before that too.

8 hours ago, nst said:

is he a spurned man or an attention seeker

I think it is probably a combination of both. Lawson clearly loves attention, but he doesn't seem like he would be one to handle it well if a woman he was convinced he was going to marry decided to reject him for someone else. He sounds like a bitter ex-boyfriend and I really doubt he knows something terrible about Jeremy and is hinting at it. I don't think the idea that Jinger would choose someone else ever entered his mind, and it probably makes him angry since he has been raised to be this patriarch that women obey. 

8 minutes ago, Suz8710 said:

IMG_8722.PNG

TLC spared no expense for this one...no way would the Duggars spring for custom bridesmaid dresses, let alone the bridal dress.

IMG_8721.PNG

IMG_8721.PNG

So there are 10 bridesmaids, now we know ... How many colours are we missing ? (would little Jordyn in her flower dress count as a Bridesmaid ?)

Jill in lavender

Jessa in purple 

Jana in silver

Joy in brown

Jeremy's sister in crimson

that's 5. Maybe Anna in crimson, 6.

So we are missing at least 4 bridesmaid dresses!

1 hour ago, Kangaroo said:

I feel like the Exclusive Brethren are probably  the nearest thing we have. They're pretty conservative, if we dropped them in NWA they'd fit right in with their denim skirts and conservative necklines.

Oddly enough I feel like a lot of the new clothes for this season are bordering on Duggar/Fundie Chic. I was in  a Jeanswest store the other day, maxi skirts, dresses and knee length denim skirts were half their stock! I tried on a top and skirt combo and could have passed myself off as one of them if I tried. I have seen a lot of really genuinely nice, yet conservative summer clothing. (A nice change from the extra short, shorts and crop tops that seem to have plagued the last few years!)

If it wasn't expensive my even my standards, I'd suggest Jeremy should buy Jinger some exotic Australian clothes. 

Yes! I bought a skirt the other day and call it my fundie skirt. It's a long denim one. Of course I'll wear it with a singlet so Nike, but it wouldn't be too hard for Jinger to buy some stuff here.

Ill keep a lookout too- we are the city of churches after all. (Adelaide, for non Australians) 

• HerNameIsBuffy locked and unlocked this topic
  • HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived