IGNORED

Jinger and the Jock - It's in his Kiss (Shoop Shoop Song)

samurai_sarah

I'm camping with the boy scouts this weekend, so I expect pages and pages of lovely snark when I get back. Don't want to snark on the dress. I want it to be pretty.

Taking our trailer. Too old to tent camp in 20 degree weather.

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

If you think about it, Jinger will be the 1st Duggar girl to have a job.  The 2 pastors wives I know were more than housewives & or SAHM. They do a lot for the church community as well.  I think given a little time Jinger could thrive in this position.  The Pastor's wife at the church we attended for years was VERY shy and very quiet, she came off as meek and malleable, and to a degree she was but she was also a force to be reckoned with and got much more so the older she got.  She led the ladies of the church in bible studies and worked in the children's ministry and started working in the church offices when her youngest started 6th grade and her oldest was a High School Jr. 

Yes, this is what I was thinking also. Independent of Jboob and Meechelle. She could grow in this position, within her fundie life of course.

And, then, although Jeremy is fundie, that is not Gothard....the lines are blurred for me. Maybe if he is just fundie, they don't have to have endless children? Or make future daughters perm their hair, ha ha. 

Maybe, just maybe Jinger will have broader horizons.....relatively speaking of course. Maybe.

2 hours ago, flycat said:

What if TLC invited JRod as a way to add drama to the wedding? Ratings haven't been great, some kind of incident (not with a Dugger) that splashes the tabloids could add watchers to the eventual wedding episode?

I said this in the Rod thread, but it could have been a cunning move by the Duggars, as all the fundy-snarkers will be watching for Jillscapades, so maybe Smuggar can sneak under the radar?  (I still cling to the hope the Rods weren't actually invited, but JRod is performing some monstrous feat of social climbing and hoping that being on site will get them an invite...)

38 minutes ago, VixenToast said:

What's up with the Beavers? Lol I'm so missing something. Eek!

Those are Beavers?! I thought they were rescue ferrets! :pb_lol:

4 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

I'm camping with the boy scouts this weekend, so I expect pages and pages of lovely snark when I get back. Don't want to snark on the dress. I want it to be pretty.

Taking our trailer. Too old to tent camp in 20 degree weather.

I think it's a brilliant idea if TLC invited Jrod because of Smuggar having to be at the wedding

40 minutes ago, VixenToast said:

They're not beavers, they're our rescue ferrets. Their names are Grappa and Cognac... I think the third one must be new. Does he or she have a name yet? Anyway, the rescue ferrets are kept at the ready in case any FJer is in danger of getting lost in a rabbit hole. Just call when you need them! :ferret::ferret::ferret:

46 minutes ago, VixenToast said:

You are missing something.  These :ferret: :ferret:are FJ's famous rescue ferrets.  Their names are Grappa and Cognac and they carry emergency supplies for FJ members lost down Fundie rabbit holes.  You may specify sweet or savory snacks, alcoholic or soft drinks.  I go for savory snacks and hot tea myself. :)

It's a reference to Miss Raquel's magical orange penis ferret.  

Oops someone else already explained.

3 minutes ago, JillyO said:

They're not beavers, they're our rescue ferrets. Their names are Grappa and Cognac... I think the third one must be new. Does he or she have a name yet? Anyway, the rescue ferrets are kept at the ready in case any FJer is in danger of getting lost in a rabbit hole. Just call when you need them! :ferret::ferret::ferret:

I thought Cognac and Grappa could use some backup. Doug Phillips Is A Tool does that to me. 

7 minutes ago, Lurky said:

I said this in the Rod thread, but it could have been a cunning move by the Duggars, as all the fundy-snarkers will be watching for Jillscapades, so maybe Smuggar can sneak under the radar?  (I still cling to the hope the Rods weren't actually invited, but JRod is performing some monstrous feat of social climbing and hoping that being on site will get them an invite...)

I mean, I fully expected Smuggar to be there.  He is the bride's brother, after all.  I just expected him to keep a low profile.  I feel like they would be trying to distract from something more newsworthy....like a pregnant Anna.  

But words cannot express how much I want Jill to crash it.  Or try to sing at it.

2 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

I thought Cognac and Grappa could use some backup. Doug Phillips Is A Tool does that to me. 

Didn't we have a whole lot of other furry critters in training in case the ferrets got overwhelmed?

Didn't we have a whole lot of other furry critters in training in case the ferrets got overwhelmed?
@hernameisbuffy was training IIRC. I want rescue kittens myself. I've never even seen a ferret except in pictures.

9 minutes ago, Georgiana said:

I mean, I fully expected Smuggar to be there.  He is the bride's brother, after all.  I just expected him to keep a low profile.  I feel like they would be trying to distract from something more newsworthy....like a pregnant Anna.  

But words cannot express how much I want Jill to crash it.  Or try to sing at it.

I would for J-Rod to be singing at it. I think that if TLC invited J-Rod or if the Duggars did then there is something that they don't want us to see. You can hide all you want, we will see beyond that wall of green eyeliner and crazy! 

9 minutes ago, Destiny said:

@hernameisbuffy was training IIRC. I want rescue kittens myself. I've never even seen a ferret except in pictures.

Here is Curious' report on the dire ferret situation:

Someone said somewhere we need more rescue ferrets.   During one of the Josh scandals, we upgraded to a ferret warehouse where new ferrets are constantly being trained and put into active duty.  We have a carefully selected breeding program to make sure our ferrets have the proper temperament and abilities.

While they have individual names, we still refer to all of them as Grappa and Cognac for simplicity. 

I feel sure that at one point we named the third ferret but I cannot find the reference, sadly. Also, I literally laughed out loud at @VixenToast's question and immediately checked her location to see if she is Canadian! (I guess she is not.) We definitely like our beavers in Canada :pb_wink:.

Lordy, I'm laughing at myself now lol. Got beaver on my mind, I guess. Inside joke from my family. When I was learning to drive I would fuck with my mom by yelling BEAVER and braking suddenly (only going 20mph to begin with.)

sad ad thing is that I have ferret-sat for months before and I didn't recognize it hahahaha.

13 minutes ago, Destiny said:

I want rescue puppies!

Ferrets are extremely cute but they smell really bad.  Sorry to all my ferret owning friends, but however clean you keep them, they still pong.

29 minutes ago, Destiny said:

What thread was that in?  I put way more effort into that than is healthy for a grown woman.  Now it's bugging me - will search when I get home.

But the rescue anteaters better catch on...I think I'm the only one who loves them but how is this not the cutest thing ever?

U8GKYwe.jpg

(Okay I'm officially settled into the new job since I just made this my wallpaper on one of my more visible monitors.)

ETA the thread - despite the serious topic it was quite derailed.  The criticism of my not knowing the difference between a crab and lobster was completely justified but in my defense I'm not a professional shellfishologist.

ETA2 - I know the difference on a menu - just not in costume.

37 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

It's a reference to Miss Raquel's magical orange penis ferret.

I've seen this referenced but I have no idea how it came about.  Is there a short explanation (because I'm working on an assignment due tonight) or a link (once I complete the assignment.....or decide to procrastinate....)?  

Please and thank you!

I was going to suggest a rescue sloth for those going down the Rodrigues rabbit hole but by the time he made it to you, you would be dead. Most likely from an overdose of Plexus pink drink.

PS: I chose this particular sloth because she looks like she's wearing way too much eye makeup.

IMG_6682.JPG

I feel sure that at one point we named the third ferret but I cannot find the reference, sadly. 

In terrible form, I am quoting myself because this has been driving me nuts. I was misremembering the situation.  I was thinking about this guy :mouse-shock:. His name is Algernon and he was called into backup duty during the dustup in March, if I remember anything at all correctly. 

I will cease interjecting about our rescue animals now.  I just wanted everyone to be aware of all the aid available. 

5 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I was going to suggest a rescue sloth for those going down the Rodrigues rabbit hole but by the time he made it to you, you would be dead. Most likely from an overdose of Plexus pink drink.

PS: I chose this particular sloth because she looks like she's wearing way too much eye makeup.

IMG_6682.JPG

oh my...i'm dying here! i want him to be the next rescuer!!!

10 minutes ago, VooDooChild said:

I've seen this referenced but I have no idea how it came about.  Is there a short explanation (because I'm working on an assignment due tonight) or a link (once I complete the assignment.....or decide to procrastinate....)?  

Please and thank you!

@VodouDoll rescued the saga for posterity before Miss Raquel deleted it.  @Curious has always gone into fits of laughter over the whole thing.

http://freejinger.yuku.com/reply/105784#.WBzxR_orLIU

Oh, the things I do for Free Jinger.

Some Lady (Raquel's capitalization, not mine) is strolling through a swamp when a woodsman takes her magical heirloom ball away, throws it into the mud, and runs off. A Knight (capital K again Raquel's) shows up.  The Lady complains to him about her ball and he "smiles roguishly" a lot.

The Knight takes out his magic necklace, which allows him to call the "bog beast." The Lady thinks the beast looks "gross." The beast comes out of the bog, gets the Lady's ball for them, and then goes away.

The ungrateful Lady fusses that the ball is dirty. The Knight reaches into his saddlebag and pulls out his magical orange ferret, which wraps itself around the ball and wipes it clean. I am not making this up.

The Knight starts to confess that, though he's helped many damsels in distress, he's never yet found love, but the rude whiny Lady interrupts him before he can finish his sentence. And Miss Raquel's fans wait on pins and needles for the next installment.

The end.

The ferret part has an unintentional double entendre (all of this is [sic]):

The creature named Ico, slowly stepped onto the ball held cautiously by the Lady. It teetered a bit, because of the unsteady hold she had on it, and Ico pulled away from it, and back on the Knight's wrist.

'You must hold it a bit more firmly than that, m'lady,' the Knight smiled.

15 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

ETA2 - I know the difference on a menu - just not in costume.

OMG!  I am DYING!!!!!  Tears and all.  Holy shit this made my day!!  I don't think any less of you. This just struck me as hysterical.

That's a three toed sloth.  They risk their lives to poop.  Seriously - they climb down from the trees to poop about once a week which puts then in danger of predators.

Two toed sloths just let loose from the trees. 

As I've said many times before, if you're planning to picnic under a tree with a sloth in it...count it's toes first or you could be in for a very unpleasant surprise.

(This I know.  The code to my security system I couldn't remember last night....so I had to text @Destiny who apparently doesn't keep records of my pass codes, so was no help at all; but fine moral support as she laughed at me.  So a number I punch in every day fell out of my head, but these facts?  Locked in my brain.  So in any sloth pooping emergency I'm your girl!)

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived