IGNORED

Joe and Kendra 17: How Many and Counting?

Coconut Flan

14 minutes ago, LancetteShing99 said:

Unlikely but not impossible. Both my grandmother and great-grandmother gave birth to their youngest child around their 45th birthday.

But dresses like this make almost everyone look pregnant. And Christina has birthed 9 children so it would not be surprising if she looked a little fuller around the belly even when not pregnant.

But who knows. It's Schroedinger's uterus. We'll eventually see if a new Caldwell has joined them or not on their next family picture.

Yes, this happens on FJ very often. Everyone knows someone who had a baby at 45 or so. But the vast majority of women don’t have a baby at that age without some sort of help (IVF or other ways). And actually among fundies, it’s pretty rare. 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 2

• 2 months later...

I know the stats will be off as we don’t have exact dates for the last few babies, but does anyone have any clues on when the next blessing should be arriving? I wonder if her or Lauren are pregnant again yet? 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, AussieKrissy said:

I know the stats will be off as we don’t have exact dates for the last few babies, but does anyone have any clues on when the next blessing should be arriving? I wonder if her or Lauren are pregnant again yet? 

Justus Caldwell Duggar is nearly 2 years old (believed to have been born May 2022), so Kendra could definitely be pregnant again. 

Ethan* Swanson Duggar is nearly 1 years old (believed to have been born May 2023), so Lauren could be pregnant again, but if Kendra is wanting to keep up the pace, my money is on her. 

Daisy Swanson-Duggar is believed to have been born March 2022. 

*placeholder name (how do we know Baby #3 is a boy again?) 

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, SorenaJ said:

Justus Caldwell Duggar is nearly 2 years old (believed to have been born May 2022), so Kendra could definitely be pregnant again. 

Ethan* Swanson Duggar is nearly 1 years old (believed to have been born May 2023), so Lauren could be pregnant again, but if Kendra is wanting to keep up the pace, my money is on her. 

Daisy Swanson-Duggar is believed to have been born March 2022. 

*placeholder name (how do we know Baby #3 is a boy again?) 

Because JB said that Nora would be the tie breaker, the 16th girl, and with the known babies that mean that Siren 3 had to be a boy.

I am sure Kendra is pregnant again since she and Tori Bates seem to be consistently pregnant around the same time and Tori is due with #5 in the spring, 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 5

11 minutes ago, viii said:

I would be shocked if Kendra wasn't pregnant again. 

It would be interesting if she’s not and it’s intentional. Like here we all are assuming she and Joe are full-on have as many as God wants, may the womb be ever open, super fundies — but maybe they always wanted 4 back to back so they’d be free at 40 to run off and tour the world, or Kendra to go to college and get a career at 30.  I mean those are unlikely, and it’s more plausible if she isn’t pregnant or had a 5 th that they either wanted a short break, or are so busy chasing babies and toddlers that the opportunities aren’t matching up with when she’s ovulating — but you just never know unless they say. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

4 hours ago, Mama Mia said:

It would be interesting if she’s not and it’s intentional. Like here we all are assuming she and Joe are full-on have as many as God wants, may the womb be ever open, super fundies — but maybe they always wanted 4 back to back so they’d be free at 40 to run off and tour the world, or Kendra to go to college and get a career at 30.  I mean those are unlikely, and it’s more plausible if she isn’t pregnant or had a 5 th that they either wanted a short break, or are so busy chasing babies and toddlers that the opportunities aren’t matching up with when she’s ovulating — but you just never know unless they say. 

I’m not sure either one of them is contemplative enough to look that far into the future. Would Kendra have ever been allowed to think about what she wanted for herself? It’s doubtful. She’s been conditioned from birth to see her role in life as being a wife and mother. Her parents take tremendous pride in her being married and being a mom. That makes them look good, like they raised her right. She wants to please them. I don’t think she has any gumption to challenge the status quo. Joe was homeschooled and never strayed far from the homestead. He seems like he’s content to get by with simply going along with the program. He doesn’t come across as a boat rocker to me.

Edited by Cam
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

5 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

Because JB said that Nora would be the tie breaker, the 16th girl, and with the known babies that mean that Siren 3 had to be a boy.

I am sure Kendra is pregnant again since she and Tori Bates seem to be consistently pregnant around the same time and Tori is due with #5 in the spring, 

I think we also saw Lauren's baby shower and the theme was decidedly blue.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 2

• 1 month later...

I just saw the Counting On episode where Joe asked Pastor KendraDaddy for her hand in marriage. The way Pastor Whoever was creeping out as he worked on a car engine was horrifyingly reminiscent of Bo the killer in the 2005 film "House of Wax". If you're one of the 17 people who saw the movie, you'll know what I'm talking about. *shudders*

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

More Counting On. Joe and Kendra seem so very nice, really. But their courtship rule of 2 side-hugs per day (would he only get a woodie on the 3rd one?) ... I can imagine having the near-irrepressible urge to respond, "Yeah, I kept it to 2 handies."

Seriously, though, the horror these people have for normal physical interaction kills me. They can't even give their own kids real hugs, wtf! It reminds me of that awful baby monkey experiment, and doubtless had similar psychological results.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 4

16 hours ago, Kiki03910 said:

Seriously, though, the horror these people have for normal physical interaction kills me. They can't even give their own kids real hugs, wtf! It reminds me of that awful baby monkey experiment, and doubtless had similar psychological results.

Ah, Harlow & his baby rhesus monkeys w/ their wire ‘mother’s. 

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, sndral said:

Ah, Harlow & his baby rhesus monkeys w/ their wire ‘mother’s. 

Thanks! I was too lazy to look it up. What a vile experiment. I do see Michelle as a wire mother, sadly.

• Upvote 6