IGNORED

Jinger and the Jock - It's in his Kiss (Shoop Shoop Song)

samurai_sarah

1 hour ago, Bushes of Love said:

It's only 12:45pm but my neighbours are already sat outside smoking weed and I'm drinking beer, that shows the level of sophistication round here!. (For the Americans, I guess a council estate is like a trailer park or something). I can imagine in a more auspicious area people may speak in more refined manner!

I'm checking the time difference between Arkansas and the UK so I can be on wedding watch tomorrow. Knowing my luck it will be evening time here and I'll be at a fireworks display. Damn you JinJer for getting married on bonfire night!

Oh fuck, the time. Last weekend was the time change, now i don't know how many hours ahead am i. And hey, a beer after 11am is always acceptable

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

Public housing development.  Or if you are being rude "the Projects."

Expat living in the US and another person who can't write the c word.  But then, I freely call people who deserve it assholes but I can't say arsehole out loud to save my life.  Very strange, that.

This American finds "arsehole" hard to pronounce, and if it doesn't roll off the tongue, I'm not saying it :pb_lol:

I just went a little way down the rabbit hole to see a picture of Jill holding a Plexus plaque. Not something I should have done before my morning tea.

10 minutes ago, Fundie Bunny said:

Oh fuck, the time. Last weekend was the time change, now i don't know how many hours ahead am i. And hey, a beer after 11am is always acceptable

FTFY. :kitty-wink:

Arkansas is on Central Time, which is UTC-6, but they're still on DST until Saturday night/Sunday morning, so UTC-5. IIRC you're on UTC+1, so if your clocks have already gone forward they'll be 6 hours behind you.

2 minutes ago, alba said:

Arkansas is on Central Time, which is UTC-6, but they're still on DST until Saturday night/Sunday morning, so UTC-5. IIRC you're on UTC+1, so if your clocks have already gone forward they'll be 6 hours behind you.

my clocks change this weekend

and for the record - i can't stand Jeremy because of his views which he spouts and how he reflects them again how he spouts and what he said publicly - again... 

no slut shaming here

34 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

I love watching people get their first taste of the Rodriguii.

It's probably how better human beings feel watching those videos of deaf toddlers hearing their moms' voices for the first time.

I hate you and love you so much for this. I'm laughing so hard I'm actually concerned I may go into spontaneous early labor. :pb_lol:

35 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

To be fair the poster was replying to a question that someone asked about his level of experience.  I don't believe they were trying to shame him for his experience.  It just exposes the Duggar's hypocrisy.  I don't think this poster was painting him in a horrible light at all.  Open to everyone's interpretation though.

I know you were responding to @Palimpsest, but personally I was speaking to the overall conversation. Not singling any specific poster out.

Like I said, people should just proceed with caution because it is very easy for this type of conversation to descend into serious slut shaming.

I disagree on the slut-shaming. I have no idea if the new poster who claims to know Jeremy is being honest or not. I'm certainly not invested and don't particularly care for discussing Jeremy's sex life or the possible existence thereof.

BUT I don't think anyone here (that I have seen) has done ANY slut-shaming. No one has even implied that Jeremy shouldn't have had sex before marriage. People are merely saying that the shouldn't go around shaming people for having sex outside of marriage, and he doubly shouldn't do so when he has sex outside of marriage himself. Pointing out complete and utter hypocrisy =/= slut-shaming, in my book. And I REALLY fucking hate slut-shaming, so make of that what you will.

I have a few deaf friends and at least one has expressed concern over the videos promoting cochlear implants in babies and young children. She feels like she is watching the death of her culture and that in the future only deaf parents will leave their children unaltered. There does seem to be a general feeling of angst about CI being the default choice these days and I can see why. I'm torn because as a hearing person I love music and hearing my son laugh, but there is amazing vitality to sign language and the deaf community and I would be sad to see it fade away. Sorry to rain on the adorable baby video thing, but I actually get a bit uncomfortable with them now. 

44 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

To be fair the poster was replying to a question that someone asked about his level of experience.  I don't believe they were trying to shame him for his experience.  It just exposes the Duggar's hypocrisy.  I don't think this poster was painting him in a horrible light at all.  Open to everyone's interpretation though.

Let me try to clarify.  That poster started out quite all right and was providing a reality check in some ways, presuming that they really did know JV in college.  IMO, the question about Jeremy's level of experience was unnecessary and wasn't in good taste to ask.  Just my opinion.

When the original poster went scampering off to find out more gossip from other former team mates it got to be salacious, malicious and unverifiable gossip - and the discussion started verging on slut-shaming.  We are not in high school here gossiping and nudging each other about going all the way and we are not Fundies who slut shame because some people actually have sex without marriage.

As far as people defending this line of questioning and speculation by saying that Jeremy is supposedly being hypocritical when he talks about not defiling the marriage bed, by his standards he's not being a hypocrite.  

Whatever "sins" (and obviously to me premarital sex is not a sin and nor is a college student getting drunk) he has committed in the past they have been washed away by his repentance.  The blood of the lamb is the best bleach in the world.  He is speaking about his present relationship only and the guidelines they have agreed on.  Christ on a cracker I think I just defended a Fundie!

I have far more issues with Jeremy claiming that his wild oats in the past, which actually seem rather tame to me, qualify him as an expert in converting sinners and rescuing renegade youth from lives of crime.  I judge Jeremy far more for his present day sermons than I do for his partying past.  Such as it was.

The new poster appears legit.  However, I must now quote Happy Atheist as my duty to the forum.

A good rule for internet interactions is this: Assume one out of every two people on the internet is an ax murderer, so if it's not you, it's the person you're talking to. Take precautions and use common sense.

I mainly just want to see her wedding dress. Jeremy is what he is, some kind of fundie who is a pastor now and she will be a pastor's wife and do pastor's wife stuff. All the ministries they showed when we saw his church. So at least she will have some sort of community of people to interact with. I do not think she will shrink in fear from falling shower racks. And so it goes. 

But since Laredo is right on the border of US and Mexico, and there is a Nuevo Laredo I think it is in Mexico, the potential exists for there to be a number of Catholics. I'm guessing haven't looked it up. I wonder if they will be trying to convert, or how it works. Just pondering here. 

Personally, I don't care who Jeremy's slept with. That's perfectly normal for a 28 year old, he's an adult, he can do what he wants. What gets my goat is how since he's a man and might feel sorry about it, it's okay because Jesus forgave him. But I speculate that if a fundie woman was in that situation, it would be nigh impossible to get her married to a respectable fundie guy, because she'd be damaged goods. Jeremy and the Duggars embody a winning combination of patriarchal arrogance and hypocrisy. It makes my blood boil.

P.S. I'm diving down the RVfull of Grifting rabbit hole. This JillRod lady seems like... a character. Send rescue ferrets :ferret: :ferret: :ferret:

Jill Rodd to me is perfect example of a train wretch! :TrainWreckMotion:How can i pass all this years without knew her? :giggle:

11 minutes ago, MargaretElliott said:

But I speculate that if a fundie woman was in that situation, it would be nigh impossible to get her married to a respectable fundie guy, because she'd be damaged goods. Jeremy and the Duggars embody a winning combination of patriarchal arrogance and hypocrisy. It makes my blood boil.

Oh, my blood boils too.

I may be sending you down another rabbit hole but you might find this thread interesting. 

Josh Harris was at one point the pin-up boy for courtship and purity.  Whether or not he is genuinely rethinking his beliefs is debatable.

3 hours ago, nausicaa said:

I love watching people get their first taste of the Rodriguii.

It's probably how better human beings feel watching those videos of deaf toddlers hearing their moms' voices for the first time.

Why can't I like this 1000 times??  I'll admit that I only keep loosely informed on the Rodriguii both because JRod's narcissism gets me and the criminal levels of neglect for her kids makes me so sad.  She has destined her children to have a life equally as bad as they had growing up.  Under-educated, underfed, made to believe that they should be grateful for every crumb that is begrudgingly given to them.  I said it above but I mean it, I want Nurie and her sisters to have husbands that can provide for them and nurture them.  They should never worry about food, they should be loved and made to think they are special.  Instead, any asshole can easily trod all over them because they have been taught to have such low expectations out of life.  They are taught it's ok to put a toddler in a f@#$ing cage at night to sleep and that it's ok to travel around with 14 people stacked in a RV when they actually do have a house.  And it's ok for their dad, their "Patriarch" and sole provider to not work but grift. WTAF. 

12 hours ago, brookeb82 said:

I remember that People.com had Jessa and Ben's wedding pic up the same day.

http://people.com/tv/jessa-duggar-and-ben-seewald-are-married-see-her-wedding-dress-photo/

Pickles is late, Jrod already gave us the scoop. :pb_lol: (and I'll never forget when she defended the baby cage because they were just "making sure nothing fell from the closet on the baby" as if that makes it all better)

Re: Jeremy not being a virgin - I thought it was fairly obvious he wasn't already, and premarital sex is normal but my only concern is that I hope he takes Jinger being inexperienced into account and doesn't just try to go about it business as usual.  Weird thing to type, but that's my thought on it. 

What if TLC invited JRod as a way to add drama to the wedding? Ratings haven't been great, some kind of incident (not with a Dugger) that splashes the tabloids could add watchers to the eventual wedding episode?

I'm quite surprised so many people posting in this thread have not yet read about Jill Rodrigues.  I'm sure some of you came here because of the Duggars, and perhaps the Bateseses, too.  But, this is why longtime members beseech newer ones to look around FJ as there is a plethora of gold to mine.  

The Rodriguii have already been mentioned, of course (please be sure to watch their YouTube videos and enjoy the manner in which the children say hi and bye to the viewers.  It's adorable :kitty-wink:).

I strongly suggest reading up on the kind and compassionate Pissing Preacher Steven fucking Anderson and his sweet wife, Zsu.  Lovely family.  Also a must-read is the saga that is Nicole Naugler and her Blessed Little Homestead blog and FB page. It's a delightful story of a simple family with a doting mother and hardworking father and their hilarious attempts to live off the grid. 

And don't forget Lori Alexander. She is a treasure trove of information. A lady who never repeats herself and strives to mentor other women on how to be strong, independent and happy women.  

None of the above are attention seekers at all, so you may really have to hunt around for their myriad internet pages, blogs and videos.  And they are all generous and accepting of all comments to their web offerings and especially enjoy it when people disagree with them.

These are just a few - there are many, many more.  I will go so far as to say that you will (hopefully) find the Duggar threads lacking once you delve into these other families. Do your self a favour and read them!!  You won't be sorry.  See you in a few weeks, probably.  Here are a few things to help you through. :ferret::ferret:  :martinismiley: :popcorn:

11 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Posted by cousin Amy, still in Vegas, 1 hour ago: 

That is pretty sad if Amy's not making it to her wedding...Dillon could finish up at that convention(?) on his own...unless there's more to the story, which is a definite possibility. 

@Fascinated, I bow to your talent for sarcastic humor.  :worship:

Don't forget the wonderful world of the Arndts, complete with penguins and birthday cakes for 30 year old man-boys in Mommy and Daddy's bedroom.  And the constant joy of the world's best grifter and worst missionary who is busily converting Sub-Saharan Africa and Beyond, Duggar in-law John Shrader.

It's not all fun though.  As of yesterday, Doug Philips is trying a comeback.:my_sad:

1 minute ago, Suz8710 said:

That is pretty sad if Amy's not making it to her wedding...Dillon could finish up at that convention(?) on his own...unless there's more to the story, which is a definite possibility. 

I was just thinking the same thing.  This picture is pretty sad.  Almost seems like they weren't invited to the wedding because I think Amy would have made every effort to be there if they were.  This picture looks like it's from Jinger's shower so Amy was included in that.  I think they don't want Dillon there.

Who cares about Amy, when we have Jill on the road again? ;) Few photos of family, one of married couple, one with Amy and Jinger, some gratulations, one more photo with Amy, Deanna and Grandma Mary - that is all what we got from her. But with Cruella de Jill the possibilities are... endless. For sure.

So far, the most interesting in all this waiting for the wedding is people's delight of Jill's personality.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived