IGNORED

Joe and Kendra 17: How Many and Counting?

Coconut Flan

Idk guys I could use some tips and tricks to fall asleep but I think Duggar naming would give me anxiety… all those kids… 😆

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 9

10 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Am I the only person here who does not care? I can barely name all the G2 Duggars and certainly could not name the next generation. I know for a fact that I could not even recognize the Bates G2, aside from some of the girls who post heavily on IG. 

There are just too many of them and so many of those kids are similarly aged.

I, too, do not care. It makes zero difference to me. 

Edited by Cam
  • Upvote 1

I name Gen2 and Gen3 Duggars when I have blood drawn or getting a jab, because I don't like needles. I couldn't name the Bateses Gen3. 

• Haha 5

I think occam’s razor applies here. JB can not do Math. Some of his kids inherited the gene.

• Upvote 5
  • Bless Your Heart 1

I play a weird alphabet game to go to sleep. Two random categories. Like- something you'd buy in the outer part of the grocery store and something you'd be in the inner aisle. Places I've been and places I'd go to. Things you find in nature and things you find in a house. People I went to elementary school with and people my kids went to school with, etc. A-A. B-B. and so on. I am tired of the game but I've done it for so long I don't know what I'd think about otherwise. But I have to keep the categories neutral. If I do anything negative I sit there and start stewing and getting all pissy. I wouldn't be able to let any of fundies near my game. I have enough sleep issues as it is.  😂 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

26 minutes ago, fluffernutter said:

I play a weird alphabet game to go to sleep. Two random categories. Like- something you'd buy in the outer part of the grocery store and something you'd be in the inner aisle. Places I've been and places I'd go to. Things you find in nature and things you find in a house. People I went to elementary school with and people my kids went to school with, etc. A-A. B-B. and so on. I am tired of the game but I've done it for so long I don't know what I'd think about otherwise. But I have to keep the categories neutral. If I do anything negative I sit there and start stewing and getting all pissy. I wouldn't be able to let any of fundies near my game. I have enough sleep issues as it is.  😂 

I had to do this during vestibular testing, The technician would give me a new category before every round and I had to say them out loud. It was really hard to concentrate on items in the produce section or names for girls while being spun around in a chair in the dark while having to keep my eyes fully open. 0/10 do not recommend. 

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 8

2 hours ago, OHFL2009 said:

I had to do this during vestibular testing, The technician would give me a new category before every round and I had to say them out loud. It was really hard to concentrate on items in the produce section or names for girls while being spun around in a chair in the dark while having to keep my eyes fully open. 0/10 do not recommend. 

Whoa that sounds like a nightmare! 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 5

24 minutes ago, fluffernutter said:

Whoa that sounds like a nightmare! 

The worst part was that it was the first of 5 or 6 tests I had to do, and was by far the worst. They should've made it last, lulled me into a false sense of security, and then I would've been done when it was over. Instead, I spent the whole day worrying that the next tests were going to be even worse. 

• Sad 2
  • Love 4

Here's a list of who announced when for the grandkids born in 2022/to be born in 2023 according to Fundie Wiki/Fandom:

Jed & Katey (Truett): Sept. 2021 <#23-?>

Jill & Derick (Freddy): Feb. 2022 <#24-?>

John & Abbie (Charlie): May 2022 <#25-?>

Jer & Hannah (Brynley): Aug. 2022 <#26-?>

Joy & Austin (#3): Sept. & Oct. 2022 <Allegedly #30>

Jed & Katey (Nora): Dec. 2022 <#31-?>

Josiah & Lauren's family Christmas gift pile at the TTH lists a 'Daisy'. 

Kendra's mom's Instagram has that photo collection of a toddler hugging everyone in sight, including a young infant. 

With Nora on the way, that brings the grand total to 30. If JB isn't bad at math, something is definitely not adding up here.

Here's a link to the Duggar Grandchildren list on the wiki/fandom website: https://fundamentalists.fandom.com/wiki/Duggar_Grandchildren

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, postscript said:

I sometimes recite Duggar or Bates grand babies to put myself to sleep. It’s hypnotic to go through all those names trying to remember middle names, parents and birth order. I usually get lost somewhere among the onslaught of Duggar girl babies. 

I rename them all and barely get to Johanna before I am out 

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Lady Dondarrion said:

Here's a list of who announced when for the grandkids born in 2022/to be born in 2023 according to Fundie Wiki/Fandom:

Jed & Katey (Truett): Sept. 2021 <#23-?>

Jill & Derick (Freddy): Feb. 2022 <#24-?>

John & Abbie (Charlie): May 2022 <#25-?>

Jer & Hannah (Brynley): Aug. 2022 <#26-?>

Joy & Austin (#3): Sept. & Oct. 2022 <Allegedly #30>

Jed & Katey (Nora): Dec. 2022 <#31-?>

Josiah & Lauren's family Christmas gift pile at the TTH lists a 'Daisy'. 

Kendra's mom's Instagram has that photo collection of a toddler hugging everyone in sight, including a young infant. 

With Nora on the way, that brings the grand total to 30. If JB isn't bad at math, something is definitely not adding up here.

Here's a link to the Duggar Grandchildren list on the wiki/fandom website: https://fundamentalists.fandom.com/wiki/Duggar_Grandchildren

I make fun of JB’s poor math skills, but the numbers do overwhelm me. Extra credit Duggar math problem:

Michelle had 19 children because JB loved to jump her bones. The children are almost equally balanced between males and females and wore matching, modest outfits. The boys preferred polo shirts and the girls like Peter Pan collars and crunchy perms. Michelle had 19 pregnancies, 1 miscarriage and a late miscarriage, yet still had 19 children.

Explain, using math and art how Michelle conceived 19 and birthed 19 children.

Bonus, include JB in your art. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 7

@SassyPants For bonus points Calculate the actual cost of feeding a family of 21 a balanced diet for a month. Subtract this total from the amount JB earns through labour. Now calculate the probability of something shady supplementing his declared income. For double points; how much will it cost the state when illegal dealings are discovered and the family ends up behind bars 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 3

5 minutes ago, Expectopatronus said:

@SassyPants For bonus points Calculate the actual cost of feeding a family of 21 a balanced diet for a month. Subtract this total from the amount JB earns through labour. Now calculate the probability of something shady supplementing his declared income. For double points; how much will it cost the state when illegal dealings are discovered and the family ends up behind bars 

Go directly to Jail- Do not collect $200.00 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 9

One of my favorite listing games is coming up with a boy name and a girl name going through the alphabet.  If I still need to keep going, I'll do male and female pet names.  It's all about something that makes you think a *little* but doesn't make you think too hard.  If I can't think of something, I'll skip it and come back to it.  I don't find that I need to do this often enough to have rote answers.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

7 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

There’s a Brynley?!

Jeremiah and Hannah's daughter, born Christmas Day 2022. Cute baby, awful name, worse extended family.

• Upvote 11
  • Sad 1
  • Rufus Bless 1

22 hours ago, fluffernutter said:

I try to name all 50 states, using the alphabet. (so all of the A's, there are no B's, skip to C's). The M's are the WORST and I always end up a few states short... 
But it works like a charm. 

• Upvote 10

If I do the US states, I will end up getting Fifty Nifty stuck in my head. I sometimes try to do the duggar grandkids. I cannot do it in age order, but I can usually get it going family by family. I can't do bates grandkids, but sometimes I'll try and do the kids in age order. The group from Lawson through Trace is so hard for me to get in age order. And then I usually forget Jackson Bates or one of the tween kids there.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, theotherelise said:

If I do the US states, I will end up getting Fifty Nifty stuck in my head. I sometimes try to do the duggar grandkids. I cannot do it in age order, but I can usually get it going family by family. I can't do bates grandkids, but sometimes I'll try and do the kids in age order. The group from Lawson through Trace is so hard for me to get in age order. And then I usually forget Jackson Bates or one of the tween kids there.

I literally can only do Zach, M and E in birth order.

• Upvote 1

I'll also pick a letter, say P, and then list famous people with the initials A.P., B.P., C.P., etc. Then I'll go back and do it again with P.A., P.B., P.C., etc. 

• Upvote 4

For some idle minutes of time, I enjoy some of the alphabet games, though Duggar names had never occurred to me. But if I am struggling to sleep, I need to turn off active thinking, so I might picture myself bowling, or birds landing in trees, non-verbal things mainly. 

• Upvote 5

Count me in as another alphabet or list person during the night. Foods, plants, animals, cities/towns in my state, out of state but in the USA, other countries, geographical landmarks, and yes, Duggars and Bates. As I start to drift off I'll forget where I was in the alphabet, stumble around with that and then fall back asleep. Last night I used @GuineaPigCourtship's alphabetized girl and boy names without using typical unisex names. I made it through z and promptly nodded off. Today I need to look up some female names that begin with X, as I may have invented a new name last night just to get to Z.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, viii said:

Am I the only one who makes up completely unrealistic scenarios until I fall asleep?! 

NO!

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4