IGNORED

Counting On Season Two - Part 2

Coconut Flan

I didn't get to watch the show, will try and catch it later this evening for advertisers. But, can someone post a photo of the ark thingie that you are talking about? Thanks.

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, hollywood said:

Why do thee people only ever eat at mexican restaurants?

Preparing for the Tacopocalypse when Hillary wins the election and there are taco trucks on every corner? 

BTW if you ever in Des Moines there is a fairly good restaurant called Tacopocalypse, if you are into hyspter tacos, thought most would recommend Tasty Tacos. 

5 minutes ago, Yaoichan12 said:

Duggar Academy Certificate…okay. Why can’t they get something from the state if they follow state standards and what not?

I don't know what Arky requires to get a state certificate, but.... wouldn't you go for "real" credentials over something home printed from the SOTDRT?!

I know, I know.  Logic.  

I don't think Arkansas issues state high school diplomas.  You have to go through the local school district. 

JB questioned Derick about going  into debt. Derick said he wouldn't go into debt if his car broke down. I wondered how he would get to work. Silly me. He wasn't going to go to work for long.

15 minutes ago, MarblesMom said:

I don't know what Arky requires to get a state certificate, but.... wouldn't you go for "real" credentials over something home printed from the SOTDRT?!

I know, I know.  Logic.  

Just looked around and Arkansas doesn't provide any high school diploma for home schoolers 

36 minutes ago, MarblesMom said:

@HerNameIsBuffy if you aren't drinking hard stuff yet, someone best upload some to you.  Thank you for drudging thru the Duggar mud for us!

Yes...upload please.  A French martini or any sweet vodka based drink would be welcome.

Yes...upload please.  A French martini or any sweet vodka based drink would be welcome.

Wanna come along with me b? The mister and I are headed to a bar in the city that is apparently known for its great drinks and oysters.

A few positives from the episode so far (I'm not done watching yet). 

I enjoyed seeing JD flying. He looked competent, in his element and had a spark of personality. 

Jeremys response to the Boob was promising. When Boob was spouting his ridiculousness at lunch Jeremy basically smiled and nodded painfully and tried to change the subject. He did not feed in to any of it and JB was floundering. That's a normal response to an embarrassing idiot. He also doesn't wax on at all about how amazing the Dug parents are as we've seen other in laws do. I don't think Jeremy is threatened by boob at all. Jing is all for getting the fuck away from them and boob can see it. His dumb lines were even more forced and pathetic than usual. 

As over the top and immature and annoying Jing is in this courtship I do appreciate how genuinely supportive of each other they seem. Jing was very sweet about loving everything Jeremy had going on there and though Pinterest diy art isn't something a mssaylor would sink her teeth into Jeremy seemed to really dig it. I am not getting super creeper vibes from Jeremy.  I think he can't stand boob and wants to get Jing out of some of the crap she's been through.  And that gives me hope. 

Also I give Jill props for admitting her Spanish needs work. She's trying some. I didn't like how she's all about "supporting" these women's marriages if their husbands are cheating alcoholics. So that part was concerning. Izzy was cute begging banana bread. 

Once Jeremy's parents get over their shock of the meal with his boobiness , I hope they will have a sensible chat with Jeremy about remaining his own man. I hope they like Jinger enough to encourage her in some subtle way not to fall for Daddy's nasty tricks and try to drag Jeremy back to Arkansas.

Boob is a nasty spider in the TTH web luring unsuspecting men in for his daughters and then stealing their souls. 

19 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Some of the kids used to get their GEDs. Don't know if they still do.

Do they even have GEDs? There was once a rumor that Jessa had a real HS diploma, but that's never been substantiated. 

There is really not much of a way Jessa could get a "real" high school diploma.  I think someone saw her home printed one and got overly excited. 

It just made me so sad how a father would choose to put such a shadow over his daughter's courtship with all his intrusive, embarassing and posessive stuff. Why not enjoy seeing her happy and give her the privilege of trust? His kids are not going to thank him for spoiling one of the most exiting times of their lives.

42 minutes ago, Gobsmacked said:

Once Jeremy's parents get over their shock of the meal with his boobiness , I hope they will have a sensible chat with Jeremy about remaining his own man. I hope they like Jinger enough to encourage her in some subtle way not to fall for Daddy's nasty tricks and try to drag Jeremy back to Arkansas.

Boob is a nasty spider in the TTH web luring unsuspecting men in for his daughters and then stealing their souls. 

There's a horror movie in your spider analogy.  That's creepy genius right there.

23 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

There is really not much of a way Jessa could get a "real" high school diploma.  I think someone saw her home printed one and got overly excited. 

Actually as homeschoolers the parent can issue a diploma and it is supposed to be looked at as the same as a high school issued diploma. Not all public high schools in the US are accredited. 

She could have done the abeka program and gotten the accredited diploma from the school in Pensacola. It's really hard and intense. I mean, the first grade is overwhelming I can't imagine high school. It's so boring.

Most colleges go by test scores. Military uses your diploma, even parent issued for homeschoolers, or a GED. So I wouldn't look down on them for having GEDS. 

16 minutes ago, amers said:

Actually as homeschoolers the parent can issue a diploma and it is supposed to be looked at as the same as a high school issued diploma. Not all public high schools in the US are accredited. 

She could have done the abeka program and gotten the accredited diploma from the school in Pensacola. It's really hard and intense. I mean, the first grade is overwhelming I can't imagine high school. It's so boring.

Most colleges go by test scores. Military uses your diploma, even parent issued for homeschoolers, or a GED. So I wouldn't look down on them for having GEDS. 

There is nothing wrong with a GED and many homeshoolers either.  I know a few people that homeschooled their kids and they had to follow certain guidelines (they had to know this in this grade that in that grade common core type thinking)  and have assessments of their kids done to keep homeschooling and if the kids weren't learning to the state standards they could be forced to go to an accredited public or private school.  Or at least that is how it is done in Iowa. We take our education very serious in this state. 

I'm going to summarize my thoughts from the beginning and ending of the episode, because everything in between was so nauseating. Way, way way too much JBoob and Michelle.

Jinger is getting ready to see Jeremy. Jinger can't find her fucking shoes. Jinger can't fucking fall to sleep at night. Jinger can't do her own fucking laundry. FUCK.

Since I'm not a completely heinous bitch, I liked the nail art.

At the end with the grad party, Jed and Jer's goals are to be used car salesman and Joy's plans are to stay at home and help her mom with the little kids.

HOW GODDAMN DEPRESSING IS ALL OF THAT?

Jeremy's parents seemed pretty normal.  OTOH, they're OK with a Duggar marriage and were willing to be seen on TV with them (which is more than the bear from last week's episode was willing to do).

9 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

There is nothing wrong with a GED

Agreed.  Youngest MM son has a MS in Astrophysics, but got in with a GED.   "To infinity and beyond!"

Omg, Jill talking about how those women need a safe space because they live with a bunch of other relatives in the house and don't have anywhere to go. Jeez, I wonder what that sounds like.

Also, husbands being unfaithful and not working sounds mighty familiar as well. Hmm :think:

So I just started but when she was showing her craft it reminded me of the crafts me and my sorority sisters do/did. I never did the state one because even though PA is like a rectangle with a weird corner (home), Virginia (school state) like stressed me out because it wasn't close to a geometric state lol. But he was like super hype and thought it was Picasso and I was like wow calm down like it's just such a basic craft like everyone gets this as a craft if they are out of state students!

Can't lie though, come thou front of every blessing is one of my favorite hymns. Good choice Jeremy!

OK JD & Joy were kind of what I thin is typical sibling friendship, kind of adorkable with each other but it was still big brother looking out for little sis.  That is pretty much  the most interesting thing I've seen in 2 seasons. 

Jill, Jessa and Joy have magnificent hair. Jinger needs to lay off the hair dye and straightening or invest in better conditioner.   

1 hour ago, marmalade said:

Do they even have GEDs? There was once a rumor that Jessa had a real HS diploma, but that's never been substantiated. 

Per the molestation police reports, one daughter was working on her GED.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived