IGNORED

Counting On Season Two - Part 2

Coconut Flan

10 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

And Jinger is Karen from Mean Girls. 

Her culors are blush and bashful, one shade is much deeper than the otha. 

Where did she confirm her colors? Or is this a joke lol

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, eleanora3 said:

Where did she confirm her colors? Or is this a joke lol

It's a joke, it is a line from the movie Steele Magnolias.  If you've never scene it I highly recommend it, make sure you have a box of kleenex handy when you do watch it. 

It makes me want to cry to think of these kids being educated by MICHELLE with JESSA assisting! Did I hear that right? My son's second grade teacher (public school and not even the greatest school district) was a mature, dedicated professional educator.  She attended regional conferences and spoke about teaching techniques and I had no idea what she was even talking about half the time. Michelle and Jessa are not qualified to teach anyone. My hippie mother homeschooled us at times, but then she has a master's degree in child development from Columbia Teacher's College. It ought to be illegal to isolate your children and deny them a real education.

Nevermind on the photo of the string art thing. I saw it.

The saddest thing I have ever heard......"boys going to open their own business and I will help mom with the kids" (paraphrased). So very sad. I can't imagine having absolutely nothing to look forward to that doesn't involve raising my mothers kids.

Not a word about college or learning a skill. How about beautician or phlebotomist, or CNA? Things that don't take a 4 year degree and that she wouldn't have to leave home for. I know, these are the Duggars. Sigh.

@Chickenbutt I was about to say the same thing as I just finished. My heart teared even though I know this is definitely her future, it just still stings ya know? I'm also surprise though while they were talking about Joy that none of them were like "yeah and after her tomboy phase she became a young women and is now like tending her maternal needs" or something.

A few thoughts on the show....JB is an ass. In this episode he seemed like a bigger ass than usual.

Let's see.....Is Laredo safe? JB, you let Jill, with an infant, go to "dangerous Central America" where they are surrounded by razor wire and guards. Yet you worry about Laredo? You were disrespectful to Jeremy and his parents when you questioned Jeremy on his ability to fund "Jinger's thrift shopping". Like any other couple, they will figure out a budget and will be fine. Telling him to get a part time job is just annoying and none of your business. You looked less than impressed with Jeremy's church. Didn't you once hold church services in your house? Oh wait, you have a big house (thank you TLC). You went into his closet??? Can you be anymore intrusive?(to quote Chandler from Friends,,lol) I don't even go into my mothers closet, my kids closets and very rarely my husbands closet. JB, you are an ass and Jeremy is not impressed nor scared of you. He is a man, not a Ben or a Derrick. He is going to marry Jinger, move her to Laredo and you will be left looking for more Ben's to marry your remaining daughters so you can control their lives, their finances and continue your nasty cult.

I wrote a summary of Episode 4 for reddit, but I'm posting it here too in case anyone else wants a recap

Jeremy and Jinger

BAAABE

So far in the show, they’ve been courting for only 3 weeks but Jinger is already heading off to Laredo Texas to meet her man’s parents. She and her brothers already calls them her in-laws. The “inlaws” seem pretty chill. The mother even wears actual pants! Her nail wall hanging art is pretty cool though. Jeremy shows off his apartment Jill is so fake about complimenting it. Jeremy plays a romantic song he sang and recorded on his phone and even puts his ARM AROUND HER SHOULDER. Jinger even puts her head on his shoulder. They visit downtown Laredo and go into pawn shops. Jim Bob acts like a total loser and interrogates Jeremy about how much money he makes. Jeremy’s parents have the tact to not point out that Jinger is completely unemployable. Jeremy shows off the tiny church where he preaches. Even Jinger admitted that being in front of her parents for intimate good byes was super awkward.

Jinger has gone completely bonkers to the point where she can’t do laundry. It makes me wonder how she would keep a job.  

Jill and Derrick

Being a missionary apparently only consists of giving like 2-3 sermons a week. Jill invites some women who are her neighbors for a casual Bible study. Jill can still barely speak Spanish. The pastor’s wife who shows up seems genuinely helpful and counsels women through marital problems, but Jill just sits there and looks uncomfortable.

Joy and John David

Joy is fast becoming the coolest Duggar. John David (another cool Duggar) teaches her to fly planes. John David seems like the only Duggar who could get a real job and support himself. I really hope Joy sticks with it and gets her license.

Joy, Jed, and Jere

The Duggars hold a “graduation” party for some of the kids. They get fake diplomas for their fake high school experience. Jana sets the whole party up for a couple hundred people. The boys say they want to flip cars. Joy doesn’t talk about her dreams beyond helping the kids, but maybe the pilot’s license will work out for her.  

4 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

jb flicked his tounge out tasting Mexican candy...NEVER DO THAT AGAIN!

Oh Lord I laughed SO hard at this for way too long!! :pb_lol::pb_lol:

3 hours ago, Gobsmacked said:

Well His Holy Boobiness completely ruined the atmosphere during that meal.  Jeremy has realised that the man is beyond being just an idiot. He comes from planet idiot.  

3 hours ago, MargaretElliott said:

Ugh, Michelle and Jimbob just grind my gears. I feel like they make everything intentionally awkward, shaming her for the (perfectly innocent) choices that she makes, such as leaning into Jeremy, or having his arm around her. 

3 hours ago, MsSaylor said:

Jeremys response to the Boob was promising. When Boob was spouting his ridiculousness at lunch Jeremy basically smiled and nodded painfully and tried to change the subject. He did not feed in to any of it and JB was floundering. That's a normal response to an embarrassing idiot. He also doesn't wax on at all about how amazing the Dug parents are as we've seen other in laws do. I don't think Jeremy is threatened by boob at all. Jing is all for getting the fuck away from them and boob can see it. His dumb lines were even more forced and pathetic than usual.

Agree that Jim Bob was worse than ever, but I think it showed even more because you can tell Jeremy just isn't cowed by it. This may be a reason it's good Jinger is with a slightly older guy - less impressionable and vulnerable to Boob's ridiculous antics. I'm glad they stood their ground regarding their slightly more relaxed courtship standards. At this rate I look forward to one day seeing Duggar courtships featuring covert make out sessions in the prayer closet when the chaperone is distracted (doubt it though).

I liked this episode much more than the rest of the season. Maybe it was the extra dose of honesty, like Jill admitting her Spanish isn't great - finally some REAL humility. Maybe it was seeing people so damn worn out by JB's bullshit and seeing a glimmer of hope of his iron grip loosening a bit. Jinger and Jeremy really do seem to be crazy about one another and I just kept yelling KISS HIM at the screen so, that was fun. All in all, looking forward to seeing her back her bags and kiss Arkansas goodbye!!!

3 hours ago, marmalade said:

Do they even have GEDs? There was once a rumor that Jessa had a real HS diploma, but that's never been substantiated. 

Jessa had her "graduation" party during the early part of the family campaigning for Santorum. It wasn't in June, or on her birthday, it was just some random day. The family had some small party on the east coast (I think it was SC/GA?)  that a few people had reported going to. This gave me the feeling she did not get her GED or diploma but who knows. Only Josh has said a GED (it was also on his resume).  

5 hours ago, hollywood said:

I keep expecting to see them kiss. I am glad that they actually are throwing caution to the wind and are leaning on each other and arm around each other, etc :pb_rollseyes:

I don't see the difference in a side hug & sitting with your arm around someone...  And, I am sooo frustrated from the longing to kiss, but not actually doing it that I can only imagine how Jeremy must feel. I hope they sneak a few when they can.

I liked the string art too but couldn't understand why she put TX at the top? It hurts my logical brain because TX is south of AR. Other than that it was cute and I like that he made such a fuss over it, however, the bouquets are getting smaller and smaller.

7 minutes ago, Purrl said:

I liked the string art too but couldn't understand why she put TX at the top? It hurts my logical brain because TX is south of AR. Other than that it was cute and I like that he made such a fuss over it, however, the bouquets are getting smaller and smaller.

Honestly it's better than trying to go bigger and bigger! Can you imagine? Next surprise visit and he's carrying a bouquet he has to hug to hold and squeeze through doorways! :pb_lol:

1 hour ago, silverspoons said:

Jessa had her "graduation" party during the early part of the family campaigning for Santorum. It wasn't in June, or on her birthday, it was just some random day. The family had some small party on the east coast (I think it was SC/GA?)  that a few people had reported going to. This gave me the feeling she did not get her GED or diploma but who knows. Only Josh has said a GED (it was also on his resume).  

Wait....wasn't it in the police reports on the older girls was working towards her GED? So, I think Jana has her GED and maybe JD. Not that it really matters since Jana isn't going to college or working ever and JD seems to have a strong work ethic and can survive independently. 

It was nice to see Jeremy deal with Jim Bob and show what looks like genuine affection for Jinger. I remember in the first episode she told him that she loved him and he said something like "Oh Jinger...' (like "That's nice, sweetie") so... I was kinda worried about that at the time. 

Also, I'm confused. I thought Jeremy didn't come from a religious family but I guess I was wrong? Of course they clearly aren't fundies but it seemed like they are pretty religious?

33 minutes ago, Eatingintheprayercloset said:

Wait....wasn't it in the police reports on the older girls was working towards her GED? So, I think Jana has her GED and maybe JD. Not that it really matters since Jana isn't going to college or working ever and JD seems to have a strong work ethic and can survive independently. 

I was just saying that Josh is the only one that has said he has his GED. Jana might have hers but has never said she has. I believe if all the kids had GED's we would hear about it. If any of the 3 tonight got GED's I;m sure it would have been mentioned. My gut  and reading over the years says besides Josh, maybe Jana, Jill or Joe have a GED.

I caught only the last few minutes of the episode. The twins said that Jessa started being their teacher in the 1st grade??? That would make her 11-12? I knew Jessa was the teacher but I thought she started at 17-18 when she "finished" her schooling. How can an 11 year old teach and be finishing their own studies plus all the baby duty the girls had at that time. Something in this scenario does not get the attention it needs, most likely from observation the youngest kids education.

I fear we are discovering the comeback of JB and M. Why does no one working at TLC see that this might be the end? I get that "freakshow" is the basis of the whole concept but why work against your own company? Ratings are falling and I actually believe that not all of the leghumpers are ok with bringing them back on screen. They screwed up big time with all their hypocriy, cover ups and "education" (which, as we and since Josghgate a lot of other people know is a weird mix of abuse and neglect).

Hopefully, Jeremy will take Jinger to Texas. It is refreshing that he seems to not take JB seriously. But by all means- if he really loves Jinger he should better play along. I totally see JB refusing his agreement to this marriage. Now, that would be a headline...

I caught a bit on us weekly.com

and so far I am surprised no one mentioned anything about the barette in her hair like a kid during the parents dinner thing. And Jb being obnoxious

btw Buffy et all thank you for recapping from sunny Capri 

From what it sounds like it was worse than ever. What with Jb and Michelle being front and centre. You can't take Jeremy or jinge seriously 

they are a joke both of them

6 hours ago, Chickenbutt said:

A few thoughts on the show....JB is an ass. In this episode he seemed like a bigger ass than usual.

Let's see.....Is Laredo safe? JB, you let Jill, with an infant, go to "dangerous Central America" where they are surrounded by razor wire and guards. Yet you worry about Laredo? You were disrespectful to Jeremy and his parents when you questioned Jeremy on his ability to fund "Jinger's thrift shopping". Like any other couple, they will figure out a budget and will be fine. Telling him to get a part time job is just annoying and none of your business. You looked less than impressed with Jeremy's church. Didn't you once hold church services in your house? Oh wait, you have a big house (thank you TLC). You went into his closet??? Can you be anymore intrusive?(to quote Chandler from Friends,,lol) I don't even go into my mothers closet, my kids closets and very rarely my husbands closet. JB, you are an ass and Jeremy is not impressed nor scared of you. He is a man, not a Ben or a Derrick. He is going to marry Jinger, move her to Laredo and you will be left looking for more Ben's to marry your remaining daughters so you can control their lives, their finances and continue your nasty cult.

I actually felt bad for Jeremy.  He's a grown man getting lectured by his future father in law about finances in front of his own parents and future fiance.  That dinner scene was beyond awkward with Jim Bob's lame humor and comments.  

I did love her art she made him though.  It was cute.  I know it may be Crown, but why is it not even an option for the girls?  You've got to know at least one wants to go to college :tw_confused:

Jeremy was very interesting this episode. I am suspicious of him, because even though they were set up through Jessa there is a question of why a guy would go after a girl raised in the situation they are. (And is still in. It'd be different if Jinger had already escaped it)

that at being said, I wonder if Jessa prepped him? I know she pisses a lot of people off with her fb and ben's fake preacher stuff, but she has been shown listening to Christian rap and stuff like that. Ben is immature and works for boob but he does seem to not let that really stop him from doing his own thing, which is now Jessa's thing. He's just lazy lol.  

Anyway, my point is I wonder if Jessa talks negatively about her parents to their other friends and stuff. Even in just a "they can be super over protective and ridiculous" way, and was able to warn Jeremy of the weird but still make a case for Jinger. 

13 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

...its a dong...

Dammit, @HerNameIsBuffy, now I'm gonna have to watch this shit show!

6 hours ago, Alimal said:

It was nice to see Jeremy deal with Jim Bob and show what looks like genuine affection for Jinger. I remember in the first episode she told him that she loved him and he said something like "Oh Jinger...' (like "That's nice, sweetie") so... I was kinda worried about that at the time. 

Also, I'm confused. I thought Jeremy didn't come from a religious family but I guess I was wrong? Of course they clearly aren't fundies but it seemed like they are pretty religious?

They are a religious family, but not fundie. 

5 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

I fear we are discovering the comeback of JB and M. Why does no one working at TLC see that this might be the end? I get that "freakshow" is the basis of the whole concept but why work against your own company? Ratings are falling and I actually believe that not all of the leghumpers are ok with bringing them back on screen. They screwed up big time with all their hypocriy, cover ups and "education" (which, as we and since Josghgate a lot of other people know is a weird mix of abuse and neglect).

Hopefully, Jeremy will take Jinger to Texas. It is refreshing that he seems to not take JB seriously. But by all means- if he really loves Jinger he should better play along. I totally see JB refusing his agreement to this marriage. Now, that would be a headline...

OH heck no that was literally the conclusion of my weird Jinger dream in January, except it all happened in my house and I was Jinger* and it was DEVASTATING! She met this very tall young and handsome (but older) guy whose face I can't remember -- I'm not saying it was Jeremy, so please don't take this as me saying I'm psychic or anything, but I just remember the guy I dreamt about was very forward and charismatic, and they had really strong sexual tension -- he was definitely a smooth talking mansplainer, so of course he did all of the talking while Jinger just fawned over how smooth and confident he is. She didn't mind.

But after she'd decided she wanted to court him, he confided to her that he didn't really believe in all that Gothard shit along with his sales pitch and suddenly she had a door opened to her and they really connected. Sicne this was all taking place in my house, Jim Bob overheard the conversation from the dining room - he didn't say anything immediately though.

So once Charming Mansplainer left (and after promising her he'd come back to see and marry her), Jim Bob very firmly told Jinger that she couldn't court this dude, and there was a bit of an abrupt back and forth argument that ended with Jinger in tears. Because my brain is weird and inappropriate and decided I should imagine myself as Jinger, the rest of my dream I was just gut-wrenched and feeling Imaginary Jinger's heartbreak while sitting on some boxes in my house that I needed to recycle... because for some reason my subconscious does these things. 

(* - ... oh god. I know. I KNOW. :shakehead: I was (and kind of am) weirded out by it myself (and a bit embarrassed), which is why I've opted out of sharing until now since it seems semi-relevant (... to me anyways, lol), plus it kind of shows how predictable these folks ultimately are in a lot of ways)

I haven't seen the episode yet, and I still don't have good feelings about Jeremy, but I really do hope I'm misreading and that he's gonna Free Jinger. I doubt it, BUT I DREAM IT.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived