IGNORED

Counting On Season Two - Part 2

Coconut Flan

Jill can hear the women's hearts...so guess that closes the language gap. 

Joy is heading up for a flying lesson JD says they don't hang out one on one too much ....he's protective over her and has some words for her fictional courter.

joy and jd don't have much in common.  Jana said JS is a policeman and a fireman and a million other things.  Totally get it that hes the competent Duggar...but I don't think she knows what the words policeman/fireman mean.

Montage of a bunch of Duggars  - twins and Josiah...maybe more ...the all look the same!  montage about how they don't know what a cow plug is.  and I cant recap it...look it up.

family has history of airsickness per joy.  her hair looks great...I wonder what kind of product she uses.

that s a VERY small plane...makes me nervous.

n preview for what comes up after the commercial my husband laughed at the part where JB said "swap spit." 

I have to leave him now.

jessa and jinger talk style and they are super admiring of each others styles.  and I just noticed Jessa has a southern accent on some words.  so for the previews both sets of parents jing and jer are in a diner and JB said hes not ready for them to swap spit yet.  show of hands ...how many of you gave your daddys a vote in that particular life first.

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even Jinge admits it's awkward to hear your Dad say "swap spit."  Yeah, the rest of us feel that way, too.

I have never considered intimately kissing my beloved as swapping spit. Boob is beyond classless. He should be banned. I truly detest him, getting ragey now, need a drink.

Nothing like taking something sweet and romantic and changing it to something that needs brain bleach. Seriously, JB.  :shakehead:

back in the plane with joy and jd...are they always so jumpy with this show?  Joy says great bonding time for the two of them....to be a pilot you need to be even keeled, have good judgement and drink lots of coffee becauseglying is hours of bordom punctuated by moments of sheer terror.

so sayeth John

turbulence doesn't bother jd but it makes joys stomach go up insdie her head.  joy said taking control was fun but john tried to help her not to go sideways.  not going sidewats is good.  huge shock jd has done a lot of driving lessons with the younger kids...quelle surprise that yet another parenting task handed off.

she wants her pilots license to use on the mission field and them to fly to see dilldick and izzy?  she needs to articulate - yikes.

back in texas Jeremy is happy to see the families connecting and hes going to do that showing them downtown Laredo.  he pointed out a cathedral...shes distracted only looking at the "tour guide."  everyone else probably gathered more info than jinger did ...im betting michelles capacity to absorb info is limited as well.

they went in to the pawn shop because JB loves them?  Jer has never been in one....jb doesn't want them trying on rings and jinger says hes not trying to slow the relationship down he just doesn't want his little girl moving away.  oh honey, hes got more little girls where you came from. 

Jeremy modest pastors salary concerns jb as jinger has a thrift store shopping habit.  jer said jb makes a lot of joke.  or is a giant joke?  jb said hes the brake pedal and jer is the gas pedal...not at the place to swap spit....jinger recouts convo with her and her and jb where jb said they were on the fast track.

jb flicked his tounge out tasting Mexican candy...NEVER DO THAT AGAIN!

Just shut up Jim Boob! Jeez. I get so tired hearing him and Mechelle talking about courting. They hugged, kissed, held hands while dating and yet...omg...they got married and are still married! So nothing wrong with hugging, kissing, or hold hands before marriage. 

1 minute ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

jb flicked his tounge out tasting Mexican candy...NEVER DO THAT AGAIN!

I *THOUGHT* I saw that, but was hoping my eyes were deceiving me.  TLC snuck that one in for extra "ick" points.

idk if jers parents and michelle are allowed to speak. they go to hi church which fits 45-50 people.  it looks like a gutted real estate office. 

jerhas a burdent to reach out to those in need and jinger has the same desire.  why do they talk like they are time travelers from the past.

his parents have been praying for years that he'd conjure up a woman he wanted and jinger is that gift. 

joy talked about throwing a grad party and says duggars always do things big.

no - duggars do baby having big.  Many other things duggars don't do at all.  work.  get real educations.  stay off my tv.

hosting graduation party for joy, her and, jinger....joseph said he and jing had one together because if you have one every single year that's a lot of parties. lot of kids, lot of parties.

joy doesn't think she needs algrbra in life as she's not called to be an engineer.  one of the twins was mildly funny about all of them being at the tops of their class.  jana loved and enjoyed homeschool and says most would say the same.  got a big ass shot of the wisdom booklets which was surprising. 

it was super hard saying goodbye to jereny.  for jinger...it's super easy for me to say good bye to him. 

shes going to call him on video chat in a few minutes so she can see his face.  Won't be he driving?  unsafe!  its tough for jer to see her leaving - they get to see each other every few weeks which feels like every few months because

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVEEEEEEEEEEE Y'ALLLLLLLLLL

19 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

I have never considered intimately kissing my beloved as swapping spit. Boob is beyond classless. He should be banned. I truly detest him, getting ragey now, need a drink.

Seriously!! That sentence literally made me gag. I hate it enough as it is, but hearing a dad say it in reference to his daughter made it oh so extra vomit inducing. 

Aaaannd in the next scene, Jim Bob and Michelle will be wearing matching puke lime green shirts. Whyyyy. 

OMG  THIS SHOW ISSOOOOO BORING. Like....it feels like....it is so precious..

Why does JD says Joy's name as Joyce? They all have this slight speech patterned thing. I can't snark because I am 23 years old and still don't get my word order right. 

Jinger...kiss him. Seriously. 

19 minutes ago, MarblesMom said:

Even Jinge admits it's awkward to hear your Dad say "swap spit."  Yeah, the rest of us feel that way, too.

I've never heard that phrase used except to describe horny teenagers. Which I guess is the mentality there. Wouldn't want people in their mid to late 20s engaging in a mature, romantic relationship... otherwise they might wise up to the fact that courting and everything else is BS. :my_confused:  

45 minutes ago, hollywood said:

It gets on my nerves everytime. Jinger just said laundry is her only job then she just has her job be focusing on the relationship. Geez, how do any of us common folk survive being in relationships AND having full time jobs, etc.

I have always been on board with this show. For snark factor, and just cause it's clean tv with out cussing and sex, which is nice for a change. 

But when she said that I almost turned it off and I'm still sitting here thinking of jumping ship. Wtf. She's a twenty something woman who can't even do effing laundry because she has a boyfriend?? Wtf, man. It's kind of disturbing. A relationship is not a job, and a man doesn't want to be smothered. How much could a 30 year old have to discuss with a severely sheltered 22 year old? 

Also, can't focus on life, but can make an intricate piece of wall art. I'm impressed. It looked really good. So, Jinger, if you see this, talk to your boyfriend. Love him. Enjoy your time on the phone. Think about him constantly. But for the love of god, know there's more to your life than that. Make good art. Set up an etsy shop. Go to a craft fair. But quit acting like a 12 year old. I was head over heels for my husband but I still worked everyday. I still functioned as a person. This is just too much and I'm having contact embarrassment. 

Well His Holy Boobiness completely ruined the atmosphere during that meal.  Jeremy has realised that the man is beyond being just an idiot. He comes from planet idiot.  

Jeremy's parents didn't know where to look. Mr Vuluo just stared at TheBoob. 

As for suggesting that Jeremy gets a second job and asking him he had thought about living in Arkinsaw!!! The look he gave Jeremy when he said that was aggressive and threatening. I am beginning to see why Derick rushed Jill of to CA so quickly.  Hope Derick can have a good chat with Jeremy and advise him on how to escape from father-in-law.  Sadly I can also understand why Poor Ben is stuck cleaning Toilets.   Jessa will not be pleased when Jinger escapes with  Jeremy. 

The Great Boobiness needs to stay off camera and keep his mouth shut. He is a nasty bully. He has no manners at all.  His comment about spit sharing is up there with his dry humping. 

I just wonder how easy it will be for the Duggar boys to  find wives.  Not many sensible fathers ( hopefully even godly fundie fathers) will want to marry their daughters off to men brought up by him.  Just look at the wonderful mess named Joshly. 

Sorry for the rant but some folk should be kept hidden at all times, Boobiness is a perfect example.

they invited 300 people to this grad party...yeah that many people care about the graduates of duggar accadamy....worst diploma mill ever.  and why is joy asking jana to help orchestrate this?  why is she in charge of organizing her own grad party?

jana cane believe jed, jer, and joy are old enough to graduate since it seems like just yesterday they were little.  wow - sounds like a mom. 

boys talk about how joy was a tomboy and jessa says about how similar they are.  jed and jer are very close and talk a lot and always looking for ways to serve others.  This is the stupidest thing I've ever seen...this ceremony.  if j/chelle and dumbass wanted them to know what it was like to hear their names called and get handed a diploma maybe send them to fucking school.  give them that and idk - an education? 

jb said this isn't the end of their education.  can't end what never started I guess.  they are going to get started in different directions per joy ..whatever jobs and ideas the boys are thinking and shes going to help her mom with the kids.

so on her "graduation" day her future wide open to ...continue to sistermom her parents kids? and the biys will have "ideas of careers" but no plans for school or a plan? FUCK YOU JB and Michelle...fuck you for stealing their opportunities and cripping their options on purpose.

John David has a derpy concentration face.

Jinger's looking at a violin- does she still play? The Dugger's musical talents haven't seen much screen time lately. I say this as someone who has almost completely forgotten how to play an instrument (whoops).

Jimbob is cringe personified. He's the human equivalent of fingernails on a chalkboard.

Well, at least he has a real church, kind of. -cough- Derick -cough- And his church has a sign,"Please no kids in the closet!" How will they train up their children without shoving them in a prayer closet? Eh?

Ugh, Michelle and Jimbob just grind my gears. I feel like they make everything intentionally awkward, shaming her for the (perfectly innocent) choices that she makes, such as leaning into Jeremy, or having his arm around her. 

I want to like Joy. She just seems the most snarky and actually kind of has a sense of humor. It makes me sad, because she's probably just as deeply ingrained in the Duggarborg as the rest of them. I mean, if that's her choice, and she truly wants to be a fundie helpmeet, that's cool, but I want her to have options and choices. Maybe I'm projecting. Who knows.

Thoughts:

Main focus is the relationship. He lives in another state…you can talk a few times a day and keep up with more than just laundry.

That is cute nail art.

Has Jinger never seen an apartment before?

Must ever guy try and sing

Boy they are sitting close together. Just go into a room together and have some privacy for a while.

Why not just have the pastor’s wife lead the bible study?

So drinking a lot and not working equals infidelity?

Joy and Jinger’s laughs seem so fake

I wonder how many producers suggested to Joy that she should look into learning to fly a plane so they could film it.

Use it on the mission field. Okay, we’ll see, Joy.

I bet we never hear Joy mention flying again

Back to Laredo!

Jeremy—the tour guide.  Wonder how long it took him to memorize all that info and how much he was BS-ing.

I think that is Boob and Mechelle’s first talking head of sorts on this new series

Is Boob really asking Jeremy about finances? Did he even do that with Bin and Derrick? So Jeremy gets the talk about finances but the 18-19 year old doesn’t?

Its really not a lot to have a graduation party every year. It’s once a year, Joseph. Once. Let each kid have their party in the year they actually graduated.

Duggar Academy Certificate…okay. Why can’t they get something from the state if they follow state standards and what not?

Jinger is ready to move the hell out of Arkansas.

Stop sighing Mechelle! And give Jinger and Jeremy some alone time.

And oh god, did Jim Boob really have to hug Jinger after Jeremy like ‘this is mine not yours’

So they can throw a graduation party for a few hundred and feed them but not for a wedding?

No Sierra at her bestie Joy’s graduation party?

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived