IGNORED

Counting On Season Two - Part 2

Coconut Flan

Here's my take on the nail art. She put Texas on top because that signifies her headship,so Arkansas would naturally be beneath.

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think the nail art is a SOTDRT fail. Jinger has the towns in the correct locations, after all, and I think it's unlikely she would know Laredo is in the southwest corner of Texas but not that Texas is southwest of Arkansas.

In other words, I think she chose to arrange the states as she did, for whatever reason. Whether the result is aesthetically pleasing is another matter. Personally, I think it's cute, and I know Texas is not north of Arkansas.

My thoughts on the latest episode:

Jinger is DQ the second.  That baby voice, the wide-eyed adoration of her future headship. She didn’t just drink the cool-aid she’s managed an evolutionary change where her own pancreas creates cool-aid in place of insulin.

And ffs kiss already!!!

And are side hugs so you don’t notice your betrothed’s erection?  Just a thought….

The whole lovey-dovey thing with all the parents sitting around watching is just creepy!  Even in Victorian novels the hero and heroine get some time alone…

Jill and her bullshit missionary work piss me off so much I don’t know where to start…  I’ll just throw out the words “uneducated” and “white-saviour complex” and be done with it.

And now Joy is going to be a missionary and fly her plane into remote villages.  No! Please No! Leave the remote villagers alone.  They haven’t asked for you!  Who sells these people planes?  We need to find them and stop them so they don’t get any further means of spreading their crap even wider than they already do.

And then the homeschool graduation: I always like to imagine that after the camera crew leaves someone breaks out the drinks and people end up dancing on tables and with vomit on their shoes.  It makes it much more entertaining.

I can imagine, as a painter, roughing out the edges of the states and deciding how I liked them best, with less regard to how they look on a map of the continent. If she's imparting meaning, it's for her to do, even if it's something dippy like headship. But my canvases are all abstract, so though I actually adore maps and have several atlases and a globe, I wouldn't feel the need to worry about orientation in a piece of personal art.

I'm watching this show right now and just caught up on the comments here. I am dreading the dinner, but I will say, it sounds like I'm going to appreciate Jeremy more than I thought I would besides a sort of unapologetic physical impulse I won't suppress. A man could hardly be more my physical type. He was probably done with JB even before he poked into his closet and insulted it.

I'd like to think the showrunners want these kids to escape the compound and are enjoying allowing JB to look as bad as he naturally does. That would please me, as does the hugging. I'm naturally upbeat and not good with real hating, but he does call up ugly fantasies about how they could be released from him.

I do kind of loathe when anyone calls their partner "Babe," and the way everyone draws out the A; it makes me cringe. Maybe hearing Jinger take it to extreme irritating levels will cure a few people of it. This is monumental for her, of course.

And I'd like to think Jeremy talks so softly to her because he feels protective of her, which is maybe not so bad, depending. He might be controlling, but it would be pleasant to think he's just extracting the girl he loves from her awful family situation. Maybe he sees her as malleable...for good or for ill. I have to wonder if he goes around talking about "the Lord" in quite that way in his everyday dealings off-camera. But he didn't attend an actual seminary, did he?

Oh—I was thinking about their skin. I expect it's their diet. It wouldn't do the same to everyone; some people have a great natural balance, but their pallor isn't good, in addition to the acne.

13 hours ago, divadivine said:

I refuse to watch the show... Does anyone have a screenshot of this nail art thing Jinge made for Jer? 

Nevermind... I found it. Thanks Google Gods. I agree with the post up thread- Texas should be placed below Arkansas. Of course, Jinge probably doesn't know that because of her SOTDRT faux education. 

image.jpeg

So I'm not the only one who saw this and said it should be geographically correct!  I wouldn't be able to hang this up my OCD wouldn't allow it.

2 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

So I'm not the only one who saw this and said it should be geographically correct!  I wouldn't be able to hang this up my OCD wouldn't allow it.

But the borders are so straight...  maybe that could compensate?

3 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I thought it was weird that Texas was on top, but then I thought may be it is something subliminal to her subconscious. So, I just went with it.

2 minutes ago, sunshine said:

I thought it was weird that Texas was on top, but then I thought may be it is something subliminal to her subconscious. So, I just went with it.

Yes, and it's arranged so the hearts are vertically aligned, as a personal statement. It wasn't a school assignment.

I kind of dig Mr. Vuolo. Jim Bob is maybe Mr Collins to his Mr Bennet, religious though he still he is, with the praying for years for Jeremy, which was probably accelerated when he became a briefly drunken football player.

17 hours ago, ClaraOswin said:

I am still watching last week's episode. They keep saying "Granddaddy long legs."  Is that a southern thing? Where I come from...we call them daddy long legs.

I'm suthn and have always called them granddaddy long legs.

8 minutes ago, Whydon'ttheyspeakintongues said:

But the borders are so straight...  maybe that could compensate?

That and the fact that if I did some smart asshole in my family would point it out every time they came over.   Though you are correct it is very well done and it does look nice, since I'm fairly sure smartassary and sarcasm are NOT fundy art forms she should be fine with it like it is. 

The most awkward moment for me the "goodbye" at the airport. Side hugging Jeremy, whispering the babe stuff, more side hugging, more whispering babe and then all of a sudden JB grabs Jinger and side hugs her?! And Jinger goes straight back to side hugging Jeremy ... so awkward, so comical to watch. 

Poor Jinger, she really has had not much going for her in life other then raising siblings and household chores, of course she wants to stay with Jeremy ... 

Edit; Jeremy's parents did not give me the impression they are fond or JB and Michelle

Jinger has probably never ever had anyone make her feel special before.  She has always been overshadowed by Jill and Jessa.  This is probably very intoxicating to her.  And, I think she is encouraged to be as demonstrative as possible for the sake of the cameras. 

It worries me when they are together 24/7 that he will find her behavior very clingy.  I hope that once she feels securely married that she will dial it back.  And while we are happy to think she will get away from TTH,  can you imagine her sitting in that tiny apartment hours on end while Jeremy goes off to do actual work?  I imagine she will want to be with him non-stop. 

Jill was like that when Derick went to work.  Someone somewhere on here talked about Jinger's behavior as being a sign of issues with object permanence, and the more I think about it, I honestly can see that.  Jill's as well, when first married.   These girls are so terribly sheltered and taught their whole lives that their only source of valid happiness is to be married and soon with children.  When you have been groomed your whole life into thinking this is your apex achievement, it is probably pretty heady stuff when it happens.  Especially to a kid who was barely noticed by her own parents, and kept subservient to more dominant siblings.  To me, there has always been something fragile about Jinger compared to Jessa, for example.  When we saw her break down while giving testimony to Ben and at Jessa's rehearsal dinner, it confirmed it for me.  I feel as if she has had some big emotional baggage on her.  Jill was the 'tattle-tale'.    Jessa seems more the type to react with anger or at least form a hard shell around her for protection, while Jinger seems more one to internalize and feel a lot of guilt, based on her own words of being a terrible sinner. 

5 hours ago, calimojo said:

Jinger has probably never ever had anyone make her feel special before.  She has always been overshadowed by Jill and Jessa.  This is probably very intoxicating to her.  And, I think she is encouraged to be as demonstrative as possible for the sake of the cameras. 

It worries me when they are together 24/7 that he will find her behavior very clingy.  I hope that once she feels securely married that she will dial it back.  And while we are happy to think she will get away from TTH,  can you imagine her sitting in that tiny apartment hours on end while Jeremy goes off to do actual work?  I imagine she will want to be with him non-stop. 

Jill was like that when Derick went to work.  Someone somewhere on here talked about Jinger's behavior as being a sign of issues with object permanence, and the more I think about it, I honestly can see that.  Jill's as well, when first married.   These girls are so terribly sheltered and taught their whole lives that their only source of valid happiness is to be married and soon with children.  When you have been groomed your whole life into thinking this is your apex achievement, it is probably pretty heady stuff when it happens.  Especially to a kid who was barely noticed by her own parents, and kept subservient to more dominant siblings.  To me, there has always been something fragile about Jinger compared to Jessa, for example.  When we saw her break down while giving testimony to Ben and at Jessa's rehearsal dinner, it confirmed it for me.  I feel as if she has had some big emotional baggage on her.    Jill was the 'tattle-tale'.    Jessa seems more the type to react with anger or at least form a hard shell around her for protection, while Jinger seems more one to internalize and feel a lot of guilt, based on her own words of being a terrible sinner. 

Agreed with all of the above, responding to bolded - 

My hope is that her love for her new husband will help keep her steady but that being married provides some sort of comfort in the way of putting her on 'even' level with Jessa again. She'll have more to talk about with Jessa and will able to connect in a way that they possibly hadn't before, particularly if Jinger had such trouble with Jessa getting married. As snarky as Jessa can be, I highly doubt that she wouldn't see her sister struggling with the big change, so I feel like she may have dialled down some of her exuberance (so to speak) so as not to make Jinger unhappy. That's what I would do, anyways. But now that Jinger's getting married,  it's like Jessa is at the the top of a hill and Jinger's allowed to run up and join her again. Sure, she'll be living further away, but we all know that the show will provide ample opportunity for frequent visits home.

Also, being a pastor's wife can be demanding. Hopefully keeping busy will provide some comfort.

Sigh. I really wish these Duggar kids had a better education. No one deserves to be infantilised throughout adulthood and then expected to pick it up when they're finally allowed to be adults themselves.

And Derick may also not truly be aware of Jill's feelings because Jill has been raised to accept whatever circumstances her husband chooses for THEIR life. So she may not have communicated to him, or she may not even have the self-awareness to recognize she has no interest in being there. Especially since everyone else there is sooo less fortunate than she is, so I highly doubt that Jill would even think to make any kind of complaint about her discomfort or wellbeing.

Finally watched an episode of this yea this season yea.

So, yea Joy yea likes to yea fly, but yea now yea that she yea has her diploma, she'll probably yea help her mom  Jana with the yea littles.

and jinger yea really yea loves Jeremy.

Jessa yea--its been yea two days, yea, so I don't remember yea what JEssa does now.

Jill yea is still yea in a dangerous yea place with yea banana bread.

I'm so done with this show--YEA!

I agree with all of you - this show is dull! I think what would make it slightly more interesting or even fun is if they still had these little moments pointing out how crazy/ridiculous/isolated the Duggars are. I was watching the episode where they go to the Creation Museum recently and Jim Bob talked about how there is „no evidence“ for evolution. Then the producers asked Josiah in a TH: „Do you think your parents are censoring things?“ Of course he said no but I still think it’s interesting and important to question their views. Though that may be why Jim Bob doesn’t allow it anymore? Can’t have them questioning things...

51 minutes ago, Artemesia said:

Counting On once again did NOT make the top 100 rated cable shows for Tuesday. Does anyone know how to find the number of viewers for Tuesday?

Showbuzzdaily is where I've gotten the numbers. 

Screen Shot 2016-09-15 at 12.28.07 PM.png

3 hours ago, SummerRocks said:

The most awkward moment for me the "goodbye" at the airport. Side hugging Jeremy, whispering the babe stuff, more side hugging, more whispering babe and then all of a sudden JB grabs Jinger and side hugs her?! And Jinger goes straight back to side hugging Jeremy ... so awkward, so comical to watch.

JB is a pig person. Of course the timing of all this is skewed for TV, but that's probably what sent Jeremy ring shopping.

Remember when Derick put his arm around Jill when they were walking along the street in Nepal? JB stepped in between them, because he just knew they would lose control and have sex right there in front of God and everyone. He really is pathetic. Protecting his grown daughters' purity, but not helping them when they were children. :puke-huge:

48 minutes ago, Exjw2015deed said:

It's being discussed on the main thread for the Duggars - parts 21 and 22. :pb_smile:

1 hour ago, Exjw2015deed said:

Huh. That is interesting, if true. I wonder if the kid would appear on the show, or if they would keep him off screen (which would probably be way better for him). How many siblings does Michelle have again? 

Most of my reactions to the last episode, which I finally got around to watching last night, have been covered but I just wanted to share   these:

I was really shocked to see how far down Jill has gone.  She use to always have a sunny disposition and seemed genuinely happy when she was going about her life at the TTH pre-marriage.  When I saw her standing outside her house holding Izzy as she talked about the ladies coming over for a bible study ... I saw a young lady with whom the life has been sucked out.  I'm sure its being in that scary, dangerous place and away from her family for long stretches of time, but she looked worlds away .... physically and mentally.  Even Izzy doesn't seem to bring her much joy. 

And speaking of being physically and mentally gone ... Mechelle is off the charts.  She hardly said anything the whole episode.  When trying the Mexican candy, she repeated what someone else had said .. slowly.  And then when saying goodbye to Jeremy, she could barely get her thoughts into words.  I'm really worried about her.  I don't like her but I don't wish her any ill will.  I am very interested in what she will say to  Jinger during the wedding dress shopping or wedding episode (if they get around to showing those).  Not only what she will say about her 4th daughter, that doesn't appear to have a cute nickname, but how she says it too. 

Shock of all shocks ... I actually enjoyed the JD and Joy plane ride segments.  I liked how JD explained about pre flight inspection and showed him talking to the tower to get run way information and take off clearance etc.  I also enjoyed seeing that during take off and landing, even though Joy was talking,  JD was not distracted by her and I could tell he was concentrating at the demanding task at hand.  He has lost some weight and looks pretty nice.  I liked how they admitted that they didn't spend a lot of time together but then later JD said he would be watching out for Joy when she starts getting to know someone.  I just thought the whole segment was more "real" interaction than scripted, even though I know the whole segment was scripted.  No way Joy wants to get a pilots license. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived