IGNORED

Counting On Season Two - Part 2

Coconut Flan

2 hours ago, Nashville92 said:

I actually felt bad for Jeremy.  He's a grown man getting lectured by his future father in law about finances in front of his own parents and future fiance.  That dinner scene was beyond awkward with Jim Bob's lame humor and comments.  

I did love her art she made him though.  It was cute.  I know it may be Crown, but why is it not even an option for the girls?  You've got to know at least one wants to go to college :tw_confused:

If that were my son, being talked to in his home by someone else I would have gone ape shit on him.  He's a grown man, he has a job and he pays his bills that is ALL you need to know.  Then I might have asked him how he was doing with out his little TV show to pay his way. 

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, hollywood said:

I never thought i would find anything that would annoy me more than Jessa's laugh but Jinger saying "Babe!" in a high pitch voice takes the cake. 

If I took a drink every time Jinger said "Babe!" last night, I would've been trashed and still drunk this morning! The goo-goo eyes and pet names are definitely to an extreme. I was physically uncomfortable with second-hand embarrassment. 

Yes! I'm hoping Jinger will move to Texas, and having some independence from her freaky family will allow her some personal growth. It was so interesting to see The Boob try to put Jeremy down about his finances in order to manipulate him to come up to AK and work for his daddy-in-law like Ben. As others have said, JB was especially disgusting this episode, and it was pretty clear Jeremy threatens him and his need for control. 

Best moment of the night was the commercial blurb of Fashion Talk w/ Jessa & Jinger made me giggle when Jinger said Jessa has changed up her style to more of a mom look. "But it's a cute mom look.";) Ha!

I wonder if it ever happens that a father will actually revoke consent once a courtship is already going on? I guess it must happen. But JBob can't. He'll look like a complete asshat. Well, even more of a complete asshat.

JBoob won't revoke consent. He needs this relationship to work. He needs to put a cutesy "Babe" bow on the Joshley Shitstorm of 2015. They're his only link to staying in the public eye, getting money and having fame. Jeremy has already been introduced to the world. Even Andy Cohen talked on live TV about how hot he thought Jeremy was. JBoob needs them more than they need him.

Damn, I forgot about this show, but...when I was channeling surfing I caught just one scene. It was when JB commented about JinJer not being ready to swap spit. I know the Boob is an asshole, but really, TLC? And did he really give Jer the finance talk? How come Ben never got that talk? 

Not specific to this episode- IMO, the reason that all of these kids present as odd or over the top when they enter relationships is because they have never been in a true 1:1 relationship before, ever, and they just do not know how to act or respond to that kind of individual attention. Beyond Josh, none of the other 18 has had that individual attention or connection with another human being. 

JB is a creeper. Waiting, just waiting to hear more about him. He is not normal.

One more thing...maybe JB only plants the financial worm with the guys who are employed in order to get those men questioning their career or location choices? JB wants control over family members and their earning potential, at all costs. 

JB want$ hi$ kid$ wor$hipping at hi$ altar!

Damn, I forgot about this show, but...when I was channeling surfing I caught just one scene. It was when JB commented about JinJer not being ready to swap spit. I know the Boob is an asshole, but really, TLC? And did he really give Jer the finance talk? How come Ben never got that talk? 

Not specific to this episode- IMO, the reason that all of these kids present as odd or over the top when they enter relationships is because they have never been in a true 1:1 relationship before, ever, and they just do not know how to act or respond to that kind of individual attention. Beyond Josh, none of the other 18 has had that individual attention or connection with another human being. 

JB is a creeper. Waiting, just waiting to hear more about him. He is not normal.

That's a really good point about these kidults not knowing what it's like to have individual attention. When you're used to having to speak up to be heard, then of course you'll be OTT about one-to-one affection, because you're always OTT about getting attention.

13 minutes ago, alba said:

That's a really good point about these kidults not knowing what it's like to have individual attention. When you're used to having to speak up to be heard, then of course you'll be OTT about one-to-one affection, because you're always OTT about getting attention.

Hell, this happens in normal families too. My brother-in-law's fiancée is a triplet. Her parents were in no way equipped to raise one child, let alone three at once and one of whom has Asperger's. She has always been over the top about attention and has been since we were in preschool together.

It's one of the big reasons why she's had so many issues with me and fitting in with my in-laws - she made everything a competition between us when they started dating seven years ago (husband and I had been together two years by then). That's gotten better (thankfully), but she still doesn't seem to really get the difference between positive and negative attention. 

If she has that much trouble then I can only imagine how difficult it must be for one of the Duggar kids. Not only having to deal with a severe lack of individual attention, but also the isolated childhood, the severe discipline, the molestations, lack of adequate nutrition, and completely shit educational and social opportunities. I kind of see it as a miracle any of them are even a tiny bit functional at this point.

53 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

One more thing...maybe JB only plants the financial worm with the guys who are employed in order to get those men questioning their career or location choices? JB wants control over family members and their earning potential, at all costs. 

JB want$ hi$ kid$ wor$hipping at hi$ altar!

This is a very valid point and I was wondering this last night watching Jinger beaming she's in love because someone is paying attention to ONLY her for the 1st time in her life, she is #6 of 19, and each kid (minus the twins who never get it) only gets 1 on 1 time with mom and dad is once a year on their birthday. 

This also explains why Jill is so clingy she's used to constant noise and constant busyness having to care for younger siblings. Living alone with just Derrick when he's gone 9 hours a day she had no idea what to do with her self, and it never occurred to her to go to the library and check out some books or ask Derrick if they could buy a TV (TV's are pricey and I would never buy one w/o asking DH's permission nor would he) or find a church group that got together once a week for bible study. None of them seem to be able to function without someone telling them what to do, except Jessa, she was the one telling everyone what to do. 

7 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

This is a very valid point and I was wondering this last night watching Jinger beaming she's in love because someone is paying attention to ONLY her for the 1st time in her life, she is #6 of 19, and each kid (minus the twins who never get it) only gets 1 on 1 time with mom and dad is once a year on their birthday. 

This also explains why Jill is so clingy she's used to constant noise and constant busyness having to care for younger siblings. Living alone with just Derrick when he's gone 9 hours a day she had no idea what to do with her self, and it never occurred to her to go to the library and check out some books or ask Derrick if they could buy a TV (TV's are pricey and I would never buy one w/o asking DH's permission nor would he) or find a church group that got together once a week for bible study. None of them seem to be able to function without someone telling them what to do, except Jessa, she was the one telling everyone what to do. 

Exactly. I see so much wrong with their life choices and beliefs - but I do try hard to remember that they turned out this way because of their parents and their shitty child rearing choices. 

Jill never went to the library or asked to buy a tv after marriage because her parents never offered those as activities when she was a kid. She likely didn't see it as a valid option for how to spend her time; she's supposed to cook, clean, provide children, raise the children, and submit whenever her husband asks for it. That's it. 

Jessa and Jinger couldn't perform basic chores while courting because they were so excited to finally get personal attention from anyone that they simply couldn't function. I mean, the concept of attention like that seemed so foreign to Jessa that she didn't seem to know how to even react to it at times. And Jinger is just so thrilled  that she's unintentionally acting like a 13 year-old with her first crush. 

Josh married the first girl who would have him because it meant a legal and allowable outlet for his sexual frustrations... And because it meant his parents had the perfect excuse to get him out of the house. They no longer had to take responsibility for keeping an eye on him. That was Anna's responsibility. 

None of them seem to really interact with non-family or very limited close family friends on a regular basis because they were raised to see outsiders as dangerous. You only need to look at the molestation scandal to see why they were taught that - outsiders came in and interfered with what they knew as normal and it likely scared all of them very badly. Who knows what their parents may have taught them after that about outside interference - I highly doubt it was anything positive though.

These kids were setup to fail from the very beginning. I don't condone their choices or beliefs at all, but it is sad to me that they likely don't even understand that there are other ways to live and you aren't going to go to Hell for choosing to live differently.  

15 hours ago, Yaoichan12 said:

No Sierra at her bestie Joy’s graduation party?

She was there in one shot, as was Nathan Bates. But she obviously wasn't asked to plan the party (SHOCKER!!!) so knowing she wouldn't get any attention, stopped trying to force herself in front of the camera.

Eugh, I'm even snarkier today than usual. I just really can't stand Sierra. I'm happy she didn't plan the graduation, she would've made it all about them in one of the few moments Joy would've had some praise.

22 hours ago, LadyCrow1313 said:

Steel Magnolias! One of my all-time favorite movies. I love the armadillo groom's cake.  ;) 

Nothing like a good piece of ass......

How precious is this wedding?

My thoughts from the Great Summary's--well done!

1. Joy will never be a pilot--she can't do the math and that's men's work. It's just more window dressing. TLC? Do you really think we're that stupid?

2. John David IS employable. [In spite of it all, I imagine Josh probably has or could revive license to operate commercial vehicles--even semi's and equipment like backhoe [don't go there...lol] They built what there was of the house when it got finished on that special.  John had the gumption to earn his own house by clearing land. Let's see Doubboy Josh or 'Siah man up and do that? I'm hoping he's going to marry someone when he's about 35 who is also about 35 and have two kids only. Enjoy life John. Plus he has had to have taken some legitimate community college courses for police work--most states have that even for the smallest towns.

3. Jill needs to just come home. Done. Got the t-shirt. Abe Lincoln needs to suck it up and return to accounting so his wife can breathe again.

4. Diploma thing. Since the girls will never get a job or go to college except thru Gothard's program, they don't need a diploma. They are to get "wisdom"--knowledge puffs you up and makes you bad according to Gothard.

5. Jeremy V and JB. Jeremy V is a pastor. They take "dealing with idiots 101" It's mandatory. He got an A.

6. A party without Sierra/FauxAmy? How did that ever get done? World's BEST party planner?

7. Poor Bin. Both the brother's in law have a chance in life due to their education. He's stuck being his fil's janitor and lackey.

8. 'Siah--sad to see how he's crunched his brain down into the matchbox allowed for adult Duggar males. Follow JOHN, not Joshie 'Siah. Real man there.

9. The green shirt, still?? Hell even Mrs. Keller finally got new glasses! TLC burn the shirt.

2 hours ago, Alimal said:

I wonder if it ever happens that a father will actually revoke consent once a courtship is already going on? I guess it must happen. But JBob can't. He'll look like a complete asshat. Well, even more of a complete asshat.

THey are already engaged...why would he revoke it now?

2 hours ago, CreationMuseumSeasonPass said:

JBoob won't revoke consent. He needs this relationship to work. He needs to put a cutesy "Babe" bow on the Joshley Shitstorm of 2015. They're his only link to staying in the public eye, getting money and having fame. Jeremy has already been introduced to the world. Even Andy Cohen talked on live TV about how hot he thought Jeremy was. JBoob needs them more than they need him.

As to the bolded, perhaps this is why JB was even more of a dick than usual.  His fragile ego cannot handle the fact that he's becoming increasingly irrelevant to some of his adult children's lives and his vision of having every single in-law come live on his compound and be under his thumb isn't working out as planned. 

8 minutes ago, karen77 said:

THey are already engaged...why would he revoke it now?

Because it seems from the clip. Jeremy is not towing the line like the other sons in laws did.

7 minutes ago, nst said:

Because it seems from the clip. Jeremy is not towing the line like the other sons in laws did.

Wouldn't that clip have been filmed weeks ago, though, before Jeremy proposed? If he was going to revoke consent, he'd've done it before they made a big announcement about Jinger being engaged.

17 hours ago, MarblesMom said:

@HerNameIsBuffy you are making me HOWL with your recap.  I missed the first 17 minutes because Mr MM and I were discussing this:

Reveal hidden contents

ass.jpg

I am still several pages behind, but this made me choke on my Diet Coke!!  I should probably stop reading FJ on my lunch breaks; this isn't the first time I've laughed out loud at my desk. But thank you,MM, that's hysterical!

I saw the clip where JB mentioned "swapping spit"...how unbelievably inappropriate. Even my father would have NEVER said that. If I had been Jeremy, I'd have gone OFF on the man...telling him that he was of age and so was his fiancee..then I would have grabbed Jinger and split. To say that shit in front of them and HIS parents...what a crude, nasty, ugly little man. 

Oh JinJer... Benessa was annoying but these two kinda make me gag. My favorite part of the episode was seeing Boob and DQ so uptight around them in Texas. I kinda wish they'd just kiss before marriage and give JB a heart attack. I would also love to hear what Jeremy's parents had to say about Jinger's parents after they left.

40 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

I saw the clip where JB mentioned "swapping spit"...how unbelievably inappropriate. Even my father would have NEVER said that. If I had been Jeremy, I'd have gone OFF on the man...telling him that he was of age and so was his fiancee..then I would have grabbed Jinger and split. To say that shit in front of them and HIS parents...what a crude, nasty, ugly little man. 

This show of class made it onto the episode.  Just imagine what TLC thought needed to be cut.

Watching last night's episode now.

Thoughts as I watch: 

I like that Jinger's hair is straight for her trip to visit Jeremy in Laredo. After all those years of her Gothard perms and "scrunching" her hair, it was refreshing. (I know they always said she had some natural curl, but they permed her hair multiple times on the show.) But then again, considering how important pleasing one's man is in her culture, maybe she just wore it straight way because Jeremy prefers it that way.
The girls' room isn't my style, but MAN is it less off-putting than it used to be before they repainted and stuff. I'm glad they got to do that. 
Jinger's homemade gift looks super Pinterest-y. Also, she couldn't find a hammer, so she used a wrench to hammer in the nails? Weird.
Jeremy sounds extremely stopped up. Is he turning into Bin, with his Duggar allergy that never fades? 
Jeremy's dad said Jinger has been "faithful to photo stream for two months." Overusing the word "faithful" seems so fundie to me.
It really grossed me out when Jinger and Jeremy hugged at the airport and she whispered "Babe! I love you." It sounded very Michelle.
Equally, when Jeremy said "Ohhhhhh WOW" upon viewing the gift, it just sounded so fake and breathy! My stomach turned. 
Jinger said his apartment was "amazing." That's weird. It was just an apartment. You can tell she is thinking about living in the apartment with him. 
Okay, even on Jeremy's song that he recorded, he sounds extremely in need of sinus medication. What are the Duggars doing to these guys? Why are they all so nasally? 
The scene in "Central America" was almost like a palate cleanser. Don't worry, I did say "almost."  Even though Derick and Jill are, well, part of the Duggar charade, they do seem so much more genuine than the other family members. And the view from their house there is enchanting. 
Did Joy-Anna just say she had been thinking of getting her pilot's license?  This sounds like just a plot line for the show, but it sure would be cool if she did.  Of course, she ended up saying she would use the license for mission trips to fly to remote villages. Still kind of cool though. Maybe she'd go on so many trips, she would have an excuse to remain single (if that's what she wanted, of course). Also, I just realized her laugh is exactly like Jessa's. I never thought of them as similar before, but that laugh!
(Later in the episode, Jessa talks about how similar she and Joy are. I actually am starting to believe this. They look more alike lately and Joy seems to be channeling her tomboy streak into more of a sassy independent-dependent-Duggar-daughter attitude.) 
When it comes to made up plot lines, the one of Joy riding in the plane with JD is more believable than their stupid survival trip from last week. Even though they may not spend much time together normally, JD does seem like a likable big brother . . . as far as Duggars go. It seemed like maybe they really enjoyed their time together. So that's something.
Back to Jinger and the Doofus Gang . . . 
When they were eating Mexican food and Jinger said she loved Laredo because of "this guy here" while leaning her head on his shoulder, Jeremy's mom looked like she almost vomited. And when JB told him he might need to get a part-time job in addition to his preaching thing, I LOVE that Jeremy said "I don't think I even responded to that" and looked appalled. And JB repeatedly, ostentatiously licking the candy spoon! GROSS. 
Then of course JB and DQ wore their matching lime green shirts for the trip back home. And Jinger and Jeremy wore matching looks (navy blue) for the day too?!  I can't believe they're all still doing this. 
I laughed so hard when it showed the Duggars riding up the escalator and Jeremy waving to them from below. Michelle and Jinger looked so intentionally "sweet." JB's face looked like he smelled something rotten when he craned his neck around. LOL
Graduation party: I thought they actually did a good job on their homemade certificates for the graduation. The very idea is just silly, but they did look better than I thought they would. It was weird watching this party take place after watching the recent Bates episode with the same premise. 

I am still watching last week's episode. They keep saying "Granddaddy long legs."  Is that a southern thing? Where I come from...we call them daddy long legs.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived