IGNORED

Jinger's Engaged to the Son of a Preacherman

SpoonfulOSugar

The ex husband's family is Polish (my daughters are descended from some sort of royalty, I never cared to know the details) so I spent 11 years learning to prepare and eating Polish food. Their kielbasa and pierogi are amazing. I refuse to try chadnina (pardon the spelling) and my ex-FIL pouted.

Mr Wolfie was an Air Force brat who was born and raised in Bitburg, Germany so he can make  a lot of authentic German foods from scratch. I won't eat struedel unless he makes it and oooh his black forest torte..(not made often because finding the right cherries and the quantity of alcohol it takes is a feat). He also helped open a Russian restaurant a few years back and picked up a bunch of recipes from the owner's grandmother. His current place of employment is a smokehouse BBQ and you haven't lived until you've had double-smoked candied bacon with pepper.

We have over 100 different cookbooks in the house, Mr Wolfie likes to collect the really old ones plus I think there's at least one for every type of cuisine. We have 3 family cookbooks passed down but I can barely manage basics so I leave it alone. I bake though, find it soothing.

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry to switch topics back to JinJer (you all are making me too hungry!!!)...how are they able to keep these courtships so under wraps? We see numerous associates, both known to us (see Sloppy Jo, Marge, Tacos Girl, etc.) and tons of unknowns show up in photos (particularly Howler friends but also consider Jeremey's friends and family). I'm sure some they can get some to sign something but with the sheer # of connections, it boggles my mind that these courtships are able to be hidden for so long. Particularly Jinger's courtship (I remember Jessa's got blown up by a Bin relative and Derick was overseas).  Many of these friends and "friends" are active on social media, unlike the single Duggars.

There's always those folks who can't keep a secret and with the tabloids still fairly quick to pickup anything Duggar related, how did they make this work for so long?? I can't imagine all of Jinger's chaperoned outings were in super seclusion, but I guess it's possible. There was a mention by a fan of Jinger being seen skyping someone at that Bates graduation party, but that was about it & never really took off.

@Suz8710 Remember that there was a lot of speculation that Jinger was courting Lawson Bates so all the focus was on that.  I'm guessing that she didn't go to Texas but that he kept visiting Ben and Jessa and they mostly got to know each other in mixed company and on the phone which wouldn't raise suspicion. Also there was that mission trip at which point they hadn't started courting yet. I don't expect that the new season will shed any light on that either.

I thought more of the Lawson/Jinger speculation was last fall which would have been pre-courtship for Jinger & Jeremy but I could be wrong. I mean more from the beginning of 2016-June.

You're probably right, it's easier to conceal long distance or if he's visiting B&J, she could just go to their house. If they went on bigger group outings I still think it would be noticeable that they were focusing on each other, and I'm just surprised no one would talk.

4 hours ago, Shadoewolf said:

(snip)

and oooh his black forest torte..(not made often because finding the right cherries and the quantity of alcohol it takes is a feat). (snip)

I have nothing useful to add, but that reminded me of growing up in rural Germany. My family kept chickens. One time, I looked out of the window, and noticed something rather odd about them. They were staggering about, and randomly kept sitting down.

Turns out that the neighbour had fed them Black Forest Cake, and they got drunk on the cherries... :)

1 hour ago, Suz8710 said:

Sorry to switch topics back to JinJer (you all are making me too hungry!!!)...how are they able to keep these courtships so under wraps? We see numerous associates, both known to us (see Sloppy Jo, Marge, Tacos Girl, etc.) and tons of unknowns show up in photos (particularly Howler friends but also consider Jeremey's friends and family). I'm sure some they can get some to sign something but with the sheer # of connections, it boggles my mind that these courtships are able to be hidden for so long. Particularly Jinger's courtship (I remember Jessa's got blown up by a Bin relative and Derick was overseas).  Many of these friends and "friends" are active on social media, unlike the single Duggars.

There's always those folks who can't keep a secret and with the tabloids still fairly quick to pickup anything Duggar related, how did they make this work for so long?? I can't imagine all of Jinger's chaperoned outings were in super seclusion, but I guess it's possible. There was a mention by a fan of Jinger being seen skyping someone at that Bates graduation party, but that was about it & never really took off.

Jeremy was seen on the show, shopping for baby food ingredients for that stupid shower game, we just failed to pick up on it.

Who invites a single guy to their baby shower? I get married couples with kids, but a single guy who lives 600 miles away? I totally smell famewhore from this guy. For Jinger's sake, I hope I'm wrong, but nothing I've seen since is dissuading me from this opinion. 

I am 1/2 German and wasn't old enough to really learn any good German recipes before my grandmother died (she died when I was 20). So....any good German recipes...please inbox me with whatever you're willing to share. My expertise goes as far as sauerbraten and potato dumplings (the ones with the croutons in them) from a box. 

I'll share Cuban/Hispanic recipes in return.

TIA.

1 hour ago, marmalade said:

Who invites a single guy to their baby shower? I get married couples with kids, but a single guy who lives 600 miles away? I totally smell famewhore from this guy. For Jinger's sake, I hope I'm wrong, but nothing I've seen since is dissuading me from this opinion. 

But he wasn't really single.  I think this baby shower occurred in the winter when they were already getting to know each other / courting. He could have just been visiting that week and could just go and blend in.

11 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

But he wasn't really single.  I think this baby shower occurred in the winter when they were already getting to know each other / courting. He could have just been visiting that week and could just go and blend in.

November 2015 they were "getting to know each other" and he was Ben's boytoy

so I am on board - he could have hogged the camera more

10 hours ago, Arix said:

Jeremy was seen on the show, shopping for baby food ingredients for that stupid shower game, we just failed to pick up on it.

At what point of that episode is he on? :)

I think I got the baby showers confused.  I thought we were talking about the one for their Tacos for Life friend but now I realize we're talking about Jessa's baby shower which would have been filmed in October or maybe even earlier.  They weren't courting yet but Ben was already friends with Jeremy who already had his eye on Jinger.  Is it strange for a single guy to go to a coed shower?  I don't know. Maybe JD flew to pick him up and so it wasn't a big deal. He was their guest so he was included.  I don't remember him on the show so it's not like he got a lot of attention.  I wouldn't call him fame whorey for that though I might for other things in the future.

1 hour ago, Adrienne83 said:

At what point of that episode is he on? :)

I think when Ben took the guys to the grocery store to shop for the baby food making competition for the baby shower.

On 03/08/2016 at 0:24 AM, Bushes of Love said:

Phew....I've finally caught up with all the JinJer threads. I chose a bad time to knock myself out, get concussion and spend 3 days in hospital. You guys talk fast and I'm currently a slow reader, but I got the there in the end!

All the food talk is making me hungry. I loved travelling around Germany, as a vegetarian it wasn't the easiest thing to do but if you persevere you can find amazing food. Amsterdam was great food wise too, as is Paris. We in Britian don't really have great foods.

Oi!  I resent that  :pb_lol:

12 hours ago, samurai_sarah said:

I have nothing useful to add, but that reminded me of growing up in rural Germany. My family kept chickens. One time, I looked out of the window, and noticed something rather odd about them. They were staggering about, and randomly kept sitting down.

Turns out that the neighbour had fed them Black Forest Cake, and they got drunk on the cherries... :)

Oh my goodness!  *laughing helplessly*  that sounds hilarious - chickens look kind of silly at the best of times, lol.

3 hours ago, kunoichi66 said:

Oh my goodness!  *laughing helplessly*  that sounds hilarious - chickens look kind of silly at the best of times, lol.

It was hilarious! One chicken tried to stay steady, by keeping a wing trailing on the ground. Poor little love didn't succeed. She was running too fast, and while trying to dodge a tree, she fell over.

@justmy2centsI don't think it's too odd for a single guy to be there to be honest. My husband and I will likely be having a coed shower - his brother, my brother, and some of our friends are single. We'd still invite them because we love them and want to include them. 

Plus, like you mentioned, Jeremy likely already had his eye on Jinger. So that was an extra reason for them to include him - easy enough to mingle with her and her family without anyone outside the situation really suspecting anything.

3 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

@justmy2centsI don't think it's too odd for a single guy to be there to be honest. My husband and I will likely be having a coed shower - his brother, my brother, and some of our friends are single. We'd still invite them because we love them and want to include them. 

I agree with you.  I was just responding to another poster up thread who thought he went out of his way by flying 600 miles to attend.  

7 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

Plus, like you mentioned, Jeremy likely already had his eye on Jinger. So that was an extra reason for them to include him - easy enough to mingle with her and her family without anyone outside the situation really suspecting anything.

I've only been to one coed shower, but there were several single guys there.

This is all so hysterical to me as someone who comes from a long line of people with no interest in food or ability to cook. The idea of not sharing a recipe with anyone but family is so foreign to me, but it sounds like almost all of you have families that do that!!

On 8/2/2016 at 1:05 PM, CreationMuseumSeasonPass said:

I believe it's the Mormons who can't drink coffee or have caffeine. 

Good god and with those big Mormon families?? I couldn't do it. I don't even really care for coffee, but with my kids I guzzle at least 2 cups a day.

On August 3, 2016 at 3:40 PM, Suz8710 said:

There's always those folks who can't keep a secret and with the tabloids still fairly quick to pickup anything Duggar related, how did they make this work for so long?? I can't imagine all of Jinger's chaperoned outings were in super seclusion, but I guess it's possible. There was a mention  a fan of Jinger being seen skyping someone at that Bates graduation party, but that wbas about it & never really took off.

because they are under contract and because they have no problem lying about anything that is important or unimportant. 

And jess a who is Jinger's BFF would want to save everything for the show 

I think closer to the premier - Jessa will go on and on about it 

https://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/20160804/belmont/arthur-ave-restaurateur-among-46-indicted-racketeering-conspiracy

I was browsing the news and noticed a familiar name in there.... You think any connection? They said the group includes a Philly based family. 

* please note, I'm really not trying to start any nasty rumors.. this is mostly tongue in cheek ;) 

1 hour ago, twinmama said:

This is all so hysterical to me as someone who comes from a long line of people with no interest in food or ability to cook. The idea of not sharing a recipe with anyone but family is so foreign to me, but it sounds like almost all of you have families that do that!!

Good god and with those big Mormon families?? I couldn't do it. I don't even really care for coffee, but with my kids I guzzle at least 2 cups a day.

In my family, food was for sharing. Is. I mean, if you walked in at the right time, you'd be pulled into the kitchen and handed something to cut, or sent down to the cellar to grab something, and you most certainly would be expected to taste and eat any time you visited. Food is a gift. :-)

I like a mug of coffee after I've been awake a couple hours. I do not like the idea of "needing" caffeine, though.

And also, I think Mormons were originally not allowed to have Coke, but then that rule was relaxed.

The letter of the law for Mormons says 'stimulating hot drinks ', so it varies a bit how different bishops and other individuals interpret it.

Definitely no coffee though.

9 hours ago, Arix said:

The letter of the law for Mormons says 'stimulating hot drinks ', so it varies a bit how different bishops and other individuals interpret it.

Definitely no coffee though.

I would interpret that letter of the law that God wanted me to have cold brew. Such a nice guy, that God. 

23 hours ago, samurai_sarah said:

It was hilarious! One chicken tried to stay steady, by keeping a wing trailing on the ground. Poor little love didn't succeed. She was running too fast, and while trying to dodge a tree, she fell over.

Speaking of drunk chickens/chickens acting oddly, is it possible for chickens to get rabies? I know that mammals can, of course, but not sure about birds.

2 hours ago, Casserole said:

I would interpret that letter of the law that God wanted me to have cold brew. Such a nice guy, that God. 

Good thing that Dunkin Donuts just came out w/a new cold brew coffee thing then, isn't it? 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived