IGNORED

Jinger's Engaged to the Son of a Preacherman

SpoonfulOSugar

There was a picture of Jinger and Jer at what appears to be a cake tasting. I hope this means that they fired Sierra as their wedding planner.

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Lillybee said:

There was a picture of Jinger and Jer at what appears to be a cake tasting. I hope this means that they fired Sierra as their wedding planner.

she probably is in the background and Us magazine didn't want to photograph her 

14 hours ago, nst said:

and I am thinking Jinger is GONNA shed massive tears leaving poor little Jessa unless they all follow her - which I think they will - I hope we don't see massive tears from Jinger i really do - and please Jinger no emotional I am not worthy crap 

I agree. I really think Ben will be asked to be his Youth Minister. I think that's what he's (Ben) been working toward since he met Jeremy. First step was to get acquainted & do the videos, introduce him to the family, then hook him up with Jinger so the girls could stay together, finally the move to TX to join his church & ministry.

10 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

3. Jinger will move to Laredo after the wedding. To help with his Ministry. Or something. I'm kind of convinced she's just going to be there to look pretty and serve coffee, but I could be wrong. At least I hope I'm wrong and she's able to build a meaningful life there.

But what about her car flipping business? Does he just expect her to give up her well-paying job to make coffee for the ladies' Bible group? He has not even mentioned her business skills in his description of her. Why does nobody ask her what will happen to her business or if she has found someone to take over?

Answer: In all the exitement both she and TLC have forgotten they made that stupid special pretending she was in the car business. And there are weddings and babiez on the horizon so no need to pretend she has useful employment.

25 minutes ago, foreign fundie said:

But what about her car flipping business? Does he just expect her to give up her well-paying job to make coffee for the ladies' Bible group? He has not even mentioned her business skills in his description of her. Why does nobody ask her what will happen to her business or if she has found someone to take over?

Answer: In all the exitement both she and TLC have forgotten they made that stupid special pretending she was in the car business. And there are weddings and babiez on the horizon so no need to pretend she has useful employment.

:boom:

Speaking of mentioning the ring size, is there a fundie reason why they do that? Like, it has to be this size because it can't be too "flashy" big or too "poor" small? Does anyone know what Anna's, Jill's, and Jessa's are? I don't personally care, just, like I already said, is there some fundie ring rule, or something?

Not sure it is just a fundie thing.

I seem to remember in most "celebrity" (cough cough) engagement announcements, the size of the diamond is almost always mentioned.

Here is a link:  http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-style/pictures/celebrity-engagement-rings-by-carat-size-20151410/48087

(Not that US is the end all of all sources, by any means!)

Do you guys think Jim Bob put his foot down on the size of the wedding because 19 kids is off and the ratings for Couting on aren't that great? He might think it's time to save some money for all the weddings still to come.

Joshie's wedding was pretty small wasn't it? (before the big bucks were rolling in). It was, up until the "we promise to let god decide how many sprogs we drop" bit, actually a rather nice wedding. A standard example of modest fundie wedding really (except for the cameras and the scene where they're listening to the tape in the car which was creepy).

3 hours ago, prayawaythefundie said:

Do you guys think Jim Bob put his foot down on the size of the wedding because 19 kids is off and the ratings for Counting on aren't that great? He might think it's time to save some money for all the weddings still to come.

In all honesty, how much would it cost for Ice-cream in a car park for 1000 people? Not a lot. I'd say it probably costs less than your average non reality tv wedding. Their main cost will be dressing the wedding party, and that's not including the discounts/freebies they'll get for advertising/product placement etc.

8 hours ago, Mela99 said:

Oh, and I'm glad I finally got a ring shot from that. As an aside, why do they almost always mention the karat size of the ring?... 

It's almost identical to mine. So at least Jeremy has shown good taste there. :D

Also, WTF is up with his nasty-ass fingernails? If you're gonna do a professional photo shoot that will include a close-up of your hands, the least you can do is clear and trim your nails. Gross.

16 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

New article:

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/jinger-duggar-jeremy-vuolo-is-an-answer-to-my-prayers-w434728

Highlights -

1. No date has been set. Color me surprised for once.

2. They want a smaller wedding. Which, by Duggar standards, could mean anything less than like 1,000 people.

3. Jinger will move to Laredo after the wedding. To help with his Ministry. Or something. I'm kind of convinced she's just going to be there to look pretty and serve coffee, but I could be wrong. At least I hope I'm wrong and she's able to build a meaningful life there.

4. Proposal happened July 25 ontop of a building in NYC. So at least he thought to include a major city in his proposal since Jinger seems to like those.

5. They want kids. No idea how many. They plan to see, "what the Lord provides." Which is pretty much the same as leaving it up to God.

Snark is welcomed and encouraged. Discuss my lovelies.

Re Jinger moving to Laredo: Do you think there will be nearly as much wailing and gnashing of teeth as the Bates kids did when Michael moved ALL THE WAY TO CHICAGO OMG SO FAR AND CITIES ARE SCARY AND BAD?

Re kids: I really, really hope they don't try to go for QF Generation 2. As much as I don't want Jill to have a buttload of kids, she seems the one best suited for such a life, personality-wise (though maybe not logistics-wise if her childrearing style continues to involve letting her kids tongue-kiss appliances and inappropriately restraining them in car seats...). Jessa seems like she'd do well with more than one, but not more than 3 or thereabouts. With Jinger, I think any more than 2-3 would cause a laundry room meltdown.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived