IGNORED

Dilldereal 18

SpoonfulOSugar

3 minutes ago, hollywood said:

heistheway. That is the only thing that makes me feel better about spurgeon.

I don't know what's worse: being a girl in this belief system, or being a girl who is also saddled with a name like Heistheway.

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, princessmahina said:

I don't know what's worse: being a girl in this belief system, or being a girl who is also saddled with a name like Heistheway.

the girl can always change the name when she escapes - so both 

41 minutes ago, nst said:

the girl can always change the name when she escapes - so both 

She can change it, but family and friends (and FJ) will always know her as Heistheway. That's something you can't escape. Or forget.

12 hours ago, JesSky03 said:

I doubt that Jill is pregnant, last time she announced before the pee stick was even dry (which I have no qualms with). I think it's just an unflattering dress that would make most women look bigger than what they are. Plus there's a picture of her holding Josie, would she pick up a kid that size if she was pregnant?

When my second was born my oldest was two and a half. He still wanted to be carried up to bed. Well, as a SAHM I had to carry all 99 percentile of him up two flights of stairs every day for a nap. I did it until the day before the baby was born at 39 weeks and 3 days. I shouldn't have done it, but, you gotta do what you gotta do. So, I could totally see her holding Josie if they haven't made an announcement yet.

9 hours ago, Italiangirl said:

Is just me or also someonelse think that could be a duggar announcement in the next day to cover the Bates one about Brooklyn? :giggle:

They usually break news on Mondays or Tuesdays, so stay tuned tomorrow morning. I always wake up to see the People articles posted hours before (I'm west coast). 

11 hours ago, Adrienne83 said:

When my second was born my oldest was two and a half. He still wanted to be carried up to bed. Well, as a SAHM I had to carry all 99 percentile of him up two flights of stairs every day for a nap. I did it until the day before the baby was born at 39 weeks and 3 days. I shouldn't have done it, but, you gotta do what you gotta do. So, I could totally see her holding Josie if they haven't made an announcement yet.

No I totally get that, but 2 1/2 vs 6 1/2 is quite a weight difference, even with Josie being on the smaller side. 

23 hours ago, Fundie Bunny said:

I don't know which user suggested it, but i'm going to go with former yugoslav republic of macedonia

Well not to throw an earworm at everybody, but let's go with Istanbul if for no other reason that it was once Constantinople :my_biggrin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsQrKZcYtqg

15 hours ago, princessmahina said:

Does anyone else read that name as Heist-away?

On ‎8‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 9:27 PM, PennySycamore said:

@allthegoodnamesrgone, when I became a grandmother, I chose to be called Grams because I loved the character on Charmed.  It's weird because my pregnant daughter is leaning towards Piper for her daughter due this fall.

@nst, I like the name Piper as well but I wish that She Who Must Not Be Named had not named her daughter Piper.

The main character in prison on Orange is the new Black was named Piper.  

1 hour ago, Ralar said:

Every single time I see it.  Does anyone know how it's supposed to actually be pronounced?

2 minutes ago, bashfulpixie said:

Every single time I see it.  Does anyone know how it's supposed to actually be pronounced?

Someone around here (maybe @NotALoserLikeYou?) says it's pronounced High is the way, but shouldn't it be HE is the way? 

4 hours ago, paulypepper said:

Well not to throw an earworm at everybody, but let's go with Istanbul if for no other reason that it was once Constantinople :my_biggrin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsQrKZcYtqg

I still remember watching that segment on Tiny Toons with my girls!   I'll have to show it to my daughter this afternoon when she comes over after work to pick her daughter up.

ETA: I'm glad you linked the Tiny Toons/TMBG version.

Is it not just pronounced "He is the way," but really fast? It seems like it would lose the meaning to pronounce it another way. 

19 hours ago, RabbitKM said:

They get home and immediately post a forward facing carseat pic.. lol when do they learn?? And Derick's jaw is still looking so off-center.  I've really never seen anything like that. The picture cuts off right down the middle of his face, so you should only be able to see one of his front teeth.. it's like someone took his jaw and twisted it. 

IMG_9739.jpg

As I read this, I glanced up and noticed your avatar and thought, Oh that's how it happened  :)  

JB's "kissing lessons"  jaw.png

(before I noticed that it was jessa)

I pronounce it in my head as heis-the-way, and also it took a while until I realized that it acctually means He-is-the-way, I just thought it was some wierd American name without any particular meaning... English is not my first language ;) 

I remembered reading here how to say her name a few years back, so I searched for it and made a screen shot. I'm not sure I quite understand it, though. I mean, short i?

Screen Shot 2016-08-09 at 4.38.01 PM.png

Looks like the Dullards are staying in the Pool House. Does this mean that Smuggar and Anna are sleeping at the Big House in Grandma Mary's old room with the kids upstairs in the dorms (meaning 26 year old JD sleeps with 3 year old Marcus)? Interesting, to say the least. 

I don't know much about Derick or care, but in terms of the off centered jaw, you can pull it to center it, but I can only imagine that would take ages and ages!

8 hours ago, Ralar said:

Yes, I do. Glad I'm not the only one.

Re: Heistheway

What the...?

They saddle the poor kid with a full sentence instead of a name, and then pick a different and completely non-intuitive pronunciation that's barely even shorter and requires the "meaning" to be explained? That lacks even internally consistent logic.

I wouldn't be surprised if Heistheway changes her name to Jennifer or Sally as an adult.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived