IGNORED

Dilldereal 18

SpoonfulOSugar

The man bun looks fine on Derrick. He just looked super scruffy before, now it at least looks like he has heard of a hairbrush.

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My son moved to a forward facing seat at 9 months - he was much too tall for a back facing seat. 

let he criticism begin!!!1!!

26 minutes ago, defraudedbychipendales said:

My son moved to a forward facing seat at 9 months - he was much too tall for a back facing seat. 

let he criticism begin!!!1!!

I'm guessing you're probably intentionally leaving out relevant details (such as that this was many years ago, or your son is an actual giant the likes of which have never been seen before) in order to invite criticism.

The seat looks "too big" b/c it is intended to service them until they are 4/5. Forward facing also allows you to see if the child is choking, barfing or having a seizure.

10 minutes ago, defraudedbychipendales said:

"4 foot nine" isn't it? I tease my 36 year old sister that she should be in a booster seat.

It is 4'9".  My little man is 48" and 48 lbs.  He is small, but he gets super pissed if you say so!  I let him sleep on his stomach and I co-slept with him….anything I could do to get him to sleep once he came home from the NICU.  Doctors and nurses have about 200 rules for new babies, but they break all those rules for a NICU baby.  You can't just take a baby who has been sleeping on their belly for weeks home and be like…hey, you are sleeping on your back now.

1 minute ago, Elvis Presby said:

Is it "obviously" untrue?  I don't think so.  

People safely rear-face 3 or 4 or 5 year olds all the time. So yeah, it's obvious a 9-month-old isn't too tall.

I think I am having deja-vu. Seems like this topic has been discussed up/down/sideways and backwards in a couple of other threads. Oh well, I will just scroll by.

Beware I've been told we have a sick parrot here. 

In fact he may already be deceased.

dead parrot emoticon.jpg

9 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

Beware I've been told we have a sick parrot here. 

In fact he may already be deceased.

dead parrot emoticon.jpg

I thought it was a blue penguin ... Glad I'm getting new glasses this week. 

On 8/12/2016 at 1:32 PM, Jessalyn said:

Looking at the seat, its probably Josie's or one of the M-kids and they are just borrowing it. 

It does look big for him, hopefully they were just using it for the ride home from the airport and now have an appropriate one for Izzy. 

But this is Jill we are talking about

I really hate nitpicking - but that should read, "But this is Jill and Derrick we are talking about." Israel has two parents responsible for his safety. Any failure to do so falls on both of them, not just his mother.

(I'm really sorry!!! As a soon to be new mom this always stands out to me.)

9 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

I really hate nitpicking - but that should read, "But this is Jill and Derrick we are talking about." Israel has two parents responsible for his safety. Any failure to do so falls on both of them, not just his mother.

(I'm really sorry!!! As a soon to be new mom this always stands out to me.)

Agreed with the first part, about the responsibility falling on both parents, and also wanted to say I'm jealous of your sister lol my kid screamed in the car the first 4 months of life. She's never slept longer than 30 minutes in the car. 

About that dentist visit for Israel....

Has he seen a pediatrician yet?

28 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

I'm sure we will find out in the brand new and super exciting next season of Counting On. :Yes:

I'm sorry, but I hate car seat talk. It's up there with "Well me and my spouse are 86 years apart and we have just a wonderful marriage. I don't see why 8 years would be such a big deal." that comes up with every new relationship. I wonder if we can't make car seats one of the forbidden topics like peanut butter?

I can go along with that.

There is a dreaded topics of doom thread that perhaps we should revive.

1 hour ago, Coconut Flan said:

I was thinking about this earlier.  Have we seen much about his health care at all?   Like, with all the to-ing and fro-ing, has he had the appropriate well baby visits?

Ditto with Spurgeon.  With all their social media presence, have the Duggars really disclosed the care level for the 3rd generation?

The car seat talk isn't dying so I'm moving all the non-Israel car seat discussion to a new thread and added it to the topics of doom.

1 hour ago, Coconut Flan said:

I can go along with that.

There is a dreaded topics of doom thread that perhaps we should revive.

I just found out about that. Hence no more car seat talk from me.

Dreaded topics of doom type things are if you find yourself snarking more on the other posters than on the Duggars, Bateses, Maxwells, etc.  If that happens it's likely it's time to move on.  If you find an admin or a mod bringing out a dying or dead parrot or horsie it's definitely time to rethink continuing the conversation.  Thank you and carry on.  I'm sure the Dillards will do something worthy of snark in a few hours if they haven't already.

15 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

.  I'm sure the Dillards will do something worthy of snark in a few hours if they haven't already.

Now there's something we can all agree on! 

Well, I kind of wanted the dead horse, but as a Monty Python fan, the parrot worked too.

On 12 August 2016 at 0:37 PM, Hera said:

Probably not directly, but I think he'd go the passive aggressive route.  Little digs here and there.  Never letting an opportunity to bring it up pass.  Making up scripture references to try to shame Derrick into changing it.  Basically what he does to Michelle about her "past."

I'm not sure subtle is in Jim Bob's repertoire of tricks.

47 minutes ago, mausi said:

I'm not sure subtle is in Jim Bob's repertoire of tricks.

I think passive aggressiveness doesn't necessarily have to be subtle. It's aggression in passive ways. So leaving a super rude note instead of talking to someone or saying something with a double meaning or something that is "technically true"

The last two things we have seen the Duggars do. Also, I think anything that comes out Mechelle's mouth is passive aggressive because of her goddamn baby voice. Like her robo-call.

Also, "I'm praying for you." is about as passive aggressive as it gets and I'm sure Jim Bob has said that before. Basically it means "We think we are better than you and we can see from our high horse that you're doing a lot of things wrong but we don't actually want to do anything about it."

I can see him bringing up Gothard literature about having a clean cut look as much as he can or leaving leaflets around for them to see or taking the married kids on a retreat to talk about how looks matter when evangelizing and you always need to look your best or some such drivel. Maybe bringing it up when talking about how the show is a ministry. None of this is subtle, but it all is passive aggressive. 

55 minutes ago, sophie10130 said:

I think passive aggressiveness doesn't necessarily have to be subtle. It's aggression in passive ways. So leaving a super rude note instead of talking to someone or saying something with a double meaning or something that is "technically true"

The last two things we have seen the Duggars do. Also, I think anything that comes out Mechelle's mouth is passive aggressive because of her goddamn baby voice. Like her robo-call.

Also, "I'm praying for you." is about as passive aggressive as it gets and I'm sure Jim Bob has said that before. Basically it means "We think we are better than you and we can see from our high horse that you're doing a lot of things wrong but we don't actually want to do anything about it."

I can see him bringing up Gothard literature about having a clean cut look as much as he can or leaving leaflets around for them to see or taking the married kids on a retreat to talk about how looks matter when evangelizing and you always need to look your best or some such drivel. Maybe bringing it up when talking about how the show is a ministry. None of this is subtle, but it all is passive aggressive. 

No? Huh lol. I wonder how many times I have used it incorrectly or misunderstood when used in a sentence. :pb_lol:

Derek has a new post up denouncing sloth, which is ironic, and also quoting a bible verse advocating forced labor for the lazy.

I've been wondering, is he losing it? No really I mean it.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived