IGNORED

Dilldereal 18

SpoonfulOSugar

1 minute ago, SassyPants said:

Even if all the married kids had 8 kids, it would not be a show. The Duggars gained notoriety in being the first mega family with a fame whore at the helm.

I agree about how can they keep this going. They represent nothing of entertainment or educational value. If the "religious" angle is moot when you consider Josh, JB and Micelle's behaviors and decisions.

I get the impression they (jessa mostly and the other TH's ) are trying to push the religious - we are holy - more than anyone.  We save money, we share, nobody cares...we know how to raise children better.  It's not entertainment or fun. It;s a public service announcement most of the time imo.   

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, nst said:

I get the impression they (jessa mostly and the other TH's ) are trying to push the religious - we are holy - more than anyone.  We save money, we share, nobody cares...we know how to raise children better.  It's not entertainment or fun. It;s a public service announcement most of the time imo.   

Unfortunately for them, Josh's behaviors taint their cause. If the Duggars know how to better raise children, and are the most holy and religious family ever, Josh, the #1 son, likely would not have done the things that he has done, and the best parents in the world would not have responded in kind. Of course all my opinion.

Unfortunately for them, Josh's behaviors taint their cause. If the Duggars know how to better raise children, and are the most holy and religious family ever, Josh, the #1 son, likely would not have done the things that he has done, and the best parents in the world would not have responded in kind. Of course all my opinion.

I agree that Josh's actions and his parents' response show that their approach to parenting and ethics is hugely flawed; however I don't think these things taint their cause as much as we might hope.

After all, their brand of Christianity places huge emphasis on forgiveness, so from their POV - and the POV of their leghumpers - the parents', sisters' and Anna's forgiveness of Josh shows that they are "good Christians". While the recent scandals have turned the mainstream off their show, the highly conservative and fundie-lite fans (who are the ones most likely to actually be converted to the cause) are more likely to see the family's handling of Josh's actions as an indication that the Duggars *should* be held up as examples to other Christians.

I don't want to rehash Joshgate 1.0, but I think they are still in the phase of recovery from their eyes being yanked opened and the sting of having their ignorance thrown in their face. 

I think that their put-on holy attitudes on the show are partially because they continue to think it's their "ministry" but more because they are still in damage control mode. Can't let nothin derail this second gravy train!

On 9/5/2016 at 11:06 AM, Violet said:

I was born 12 weeks prem (IVF triplet) and have scars on my feet from where they had to do cutdowns on my feet to get an IV in. They're my favourite scars :)

I also have lots of tiny IV scars on my hands. I've never had any problem having blood taken since then, no idea about IVs - haven't had one since I was a baby. My brother, who was a bit bigger and didn't need cutdowns, has had no end of problems getting blood taken and having IVs during his various hospital stays (he has mild CP so had had loads of operations).

My 4 year old preemies (11 weeks early) both have teeny scars on their hands from IVs. I have no idea how a doctor or nurse gets talented enough to be able to put IV lines, or PICC lines!!!! on a 2lb baby. They were SO red and so tiny. I guess their skin was practically see through, so maybe that makes it easier?? :)

Oh and not all hospitals have NICU follow up clinics. Ours did not.

16 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Regarding the new Instagram photos posted by Jill, Jenny is a Jana clone, Jordyn favors Jinger and Josie continues to rock her Shirley Temple. Poor Hannie is Josh's female twin.

Hannie is Josh's female twin, but I think she is really pretty! Their shared features look better on a girl than a slimy sleazebag. I had never made the Jordyn-Jinger connection before, but they have a very similar face shape and chin. I think Jenny will be stunning in a few years. One thing we can say for the Duggars is that they tend to have quite attractive female children.

On 6/09/2016 at 2:56 AM, Gillyweed said:

I find this whole conversation so interesting! Whenever I get blood work done it never seems to take more than one prick... Of course the one time I got an IV I was already knocked out, so for all I know it could've taken them a thousand tries. 

I got surgery done when I was a little kid, and for the longest time I thought the birthmark on my wrist- it's right on top of a vein- was a scar from the IV

Me too! I have to get bloods done monthly cause of the meds I'm on, and I have never had someone not get a vein on the first try. When I have had IV's done (probably like 10 times ever) it's also only taken the one try. I've had them in the wrist, forearm, inner elbow and hand.

I also find it interesting that someone mentioned using numbing cream to give IVs. No such thing here in NZ, even in the private hospitals!

8 hours ago, Yes, TOTALLY said:

I also find it interesting that someone mentioned using numbing cream to give IVs. No such thing here in NZ, even in the private hospitals!

Are you sure? You might have to ask for it if you are an adult. I sure did! "Emla" is the brand name that come first to my mind, let me check for the English name, "Lidocaine" seems to be the proper name for it. It is on the WHO list for being one of the most important essential medicines. 

2 minutes ago, Gobbles said:

Are you sure? You might have to ask for it if you are an adult. I sure did! "Emla" is the brand name that come first to my mind, let me check for the English name, "Lidocaine" seems to be the proper name for it. It is on the WHO list for being one of the most important essential medicines. 

It's Emla in the US, too. There's something similar that you can get over the counter called LMX, too.

On September 8, 2016 at 8:44 AM, CreationMuseumCurator said:

Have witnessed the breast IV. It was not great, but definitely preferable to the 10+ attempts in arms and legs that came before it. Lucky for me, it was not my breast. 

I've had the breast IV, it was so much less painful than the IV I had in the top of my foot and the neck.  

I had a hard time with epilepsy while pregnant, so lots of IVs in weird spots.

9 hours ago, Yes, TOTALLY said:

Hannie is Josh's female twin, but I think she is really pretty! Their shared features look better on a girl than a slimy sleazebag. I had never made the Jordyn-Jinger connection before, but they have a very similar face shape and chin. I think Jenny will be stunning in a few years. One thing we can say for the Duggars is that they tend to have quite attractive female children.

Me too! I have to get bloods done monthly cause of the meds I'm on, and I have never had someone not get a vein on the first try. When I have had IV's done (probably like 10 times ever) it's also only taken the one try. I've had them in the wrist, forearm, inner elbow and hand.

I think every one of the Duggar daughters are just gorgeous. And since society is so stinkin' shallow, I honestly believe it contributes to why people are still so interested in this train wreck. America loves to watch pretty people do mundane crap. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived