IGNORED

Dilldereal 18

SpoonfulOSugar

Derek has a new post up denouncing sloth, which is ironic.

If we look up irony in the dictionary, there will be a picture of Derick.

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎8‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 6:57 AM, VineHeart137 said:

Agreed with the first part, about the responsibility falling on both parents, and also wanted to say I'm jealous of your sister lol my kid screamed in the car the first 4 months of life. She's never slept longer than 30 minutes in the car. 

My kids fell asleep the minute we started driving until they were 11.  Not 11 months, but 11 years  :)  Got the cutest pictures of heads sideways, drooling, etc.  for blackmail for when I'll need them. 

On ‎8‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 0:56 PM, sophie10130 said:

I wonder if we can't make car seats one of the forbidden topics like peanut butter?

Sorry, I have to ask, why is peanut butter forbidden?  Is there any more to it than be careful of those with peanut allergies?  My kids are older so maybe I'm out of the loop.  Or just send me to a link.

BTW, if someone gives you the condescending "I'm praying for you" (indicating they don't approve of what you are doing) , anyone have a good comeback for that?  I can't think of anything good.

1 hour ago, anotherone said:

BTW, if someone gives you the condescending "I'm praying for you" (indicating they don't approve of what you are doing) , anyone have a good comeback for that?  I can't think of anything good.

"Great. Cthulu loves to be praised."

Greed is one of the 7 deadly sins too, Derrick. Remember your wedding and baby gift grab?

2 hours ago, anotherone said:

My kids fell asleep the minute we started driving until they were 11.  Not 11 months, but 11 years  :)  Got the cutest pictures of heads sideways, drooling, etc.  for blackmail for when I'll need them. 

Sorry, I have to ask, why is peanut butter forbidden?  Is there any more to it than be careful of those with peanut allergies?  My kids are older so maybe I'm out of the loop.  Or just send me to a link.

Pretty much. There are a lot of people out there who think banning peanut butter in schools is unfair. Here's a link to the thread on it:

As for comebacks, I think @Four is Enoughjust won the Internet with that answer. :pb_lol:

3 hours ago, anotherone said:

It's not a "good" comeback, but once (when some idiot started a conversation about religion) one of my friends started towards me in a "laying of hands" way and I told her to stay away from me with her Sky Pixie nonsense (my group of friends is 50/50 atheist/full blown god squad). It's a pretty good example of why we don't talk religion ;) 

6 hours ago, anotherone said:

A couple of options:

"And I'll pray for you".  If they're being sincere, this response is appropriate.  If they're being super holy, then this will throw this off, as you can't possibly pray for them.

"Will you sacrifice a goat for me as well?"

"I want to be damned for eternity and you can't stop me".

"Have you prayed to end global hunger?  How's that working out for you?"

10 hours ago, Whipple said:

Derek has a new post up denouncing sloth, which is ironic, and also quoting a bible verse advocating forced labor for the lazy.

I've been wondering, is he losing it? No really I mean it.

I was just looking for this here.  For a college educated "man" he sure is stupid. One with no job and with no job for the the last year OR the foreseeable future, telling other they are lazy and will be enslaved is a really stupid idea. 

6 hours ago, anotherone said:

I had one such a "reprimand" when I told someone I was going to my BFF's gay daughters wedding (to a GIRL) and I asked "thank you, but why you praying for me I'm fine? She said "being gay is a sin" I said so is divorce but it hasn't stopped you from doing it 3 times.  It helps to have a give no fucks attitude like I have and it is even better when you have dirt on someone that you can throw back in their face if they are particularly nasty. 

I can see why he's being drawn further into the fundie black hole. A college education does not prove intelligence, as shown with Dr. Ben Carson and others. Derick may have a degree, but he lost his dad in college and gained a lot with marrying into the fold. He has followers, his own show, idiots willing to send him money and gifts, and all he has to do is parrot bigoted beliefs and preach endlessly.

Jill, please, bug eyes in photos is NOT cute. That looks ridiculous.

8 hours ago, anotherone said:

Depends on how blunt you want to be.  I find the older I get, the less patience I have for what I consider annoying bullshit.  So my response could possibly be:  "Well, I'm praying too.  Praying you'll shut up and go away."  Less forthright could be:  "Knock yourself out."  Then I turn and walk off into the sunset.  Snarky response:  "Do you really think you ought to bother God so much with trivial stuff like this?  I'd much rather you'd be praying that we humans stop polluting this Earth and destroying what your God gave us." 

There is all manner of responses.  I no longer feel the need to be polite when I think someone is calling me a sinner who needs praying for.  Ultimate response "Fuck off."  I rarely use this one, but it has been used, by me, with satisfactory results.  They fucked off and never bothered me again.

Nice response:  "Thank you, although I don't believe that's necessary."

15 hours ago, Whipple said:

Derek has a new post up denouncing sloth, which is ironic, and also quoting a bible verse advocating forced labor for the lazy.

I've been wondering, is he losing it? No really I mean it.

LOL!

It baffles me how Derrick, who quit his 9-5 job as soon as humanly possible after milking it for the medical benefits and leave time, then went on an extended tropical vacation where he draws a missionary salary for seemingly doing virtually nothing while double-dipping by soliciting donations without disclosing he's a paid employee, has the audacity to accuse anyone of sloth.

Worry about the plank in your own eye, Derrick.

10 hours ago, Four is Enough said:

"Great. Cthulu loves to be praised."

Great! now I have Metallica's The Call Of Ktulu running through my ears! :character-beavisbutthead::laughing-rolling:

12 hours ago, anotherone said:

Bless your heart.

Ok, so call me crazy, but I just noticed in the video Jill posted of Israel and the puppet, in the background you can see the dining area and there are pink and blue streamers. Which is most heavily used in gender reveal parties. Im betting somebody has a secret! 

1 hour ago, Jessalyn said:

Ok, so call me crazy, but I just noticed in the video Jill posted of Israel and the puppet, in the background you can see the dining area and there are pink and blue streamers. Which is most heavily used in gender reveal parties. Im betting somebody has a secret! 

If they are hiding a first/second tri Jill pregnancy until an opportune time to announce it certainly  would make sense that they're already filming the gender reveal...totally on board with this speculation train. 

1 hour ago, picklepizzas said:

If they are hiding a first/second tri Jill pregnancy until an opportune time to announce it certainly  would make sense that they're already filming the gender reveal...totally on board with this speculation train. 

To be fair, they are friends with many prolific (proLIFEic?) breeders, so it *could* be somebody else's jinder reveal.

I could see them prolonging this 'speshul announcement' until the end of the season, just so that we get another season of the Duggar snoozefest. Of course, by the time the 3rd season airs, little Nazareth Dillard will already be born.

Nazareth Dillard. I think I like that. Didn't they say they were going to name their kids after places? Beats Bethlehem. Izzy and Nazzy. It could work

Derick writing a blog post that denounces sloth? Maybe his new job could be at an IMAX theater because that's some impressive projection.

6 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

Nazareth Dillard. I think I like that. Didn't they say they were going to name their kids after places? Beats Bethlehem. Izzy and Nazzy. It could work

Naz Dillard (or Naz D.) sounds kind of cool.  

Bethlehem and Nazareth, written Belén and Nazaret, are girl names in Spain. Nazaret is not very common, but Belén was pretty popular in the 60's-70's. Israel is a boy name here, it was popular in 80's-90's, but it's kinda "chav" name.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived