IGNORED

Dilldereal 18

SpoonfulOSugar

10 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Re: Heistheway

What the...?

They saddle the poor kid with a full sentence instead of a name, and then pick a different and completely non-intuitive pronunciation that's barely even shorter and requires the "meaning" to be explained? That lacks even internally consistent logic.

I wouldn't be surprised if Heistheway changes her name to Jennifer or Sally as an adult.

Or Miriam or Ruth, if she wanted to keep something Christian.

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, JesSky03 said:

No I totally get that, but 2 1/2 vs 6 1/2 is quite a weight difference, even with Josie being on the smaller side. 

I get that, but just holding her would be ok. Even more so if she's on the small side. If her body is used to carrying that weight around, as long as she doesn't like, throw her, she should be ok. My son was about 36 pounds and 36 inches then. I bet he and Josie are about the same size and weigh the same. He still likes to be picked up, and if I was pregnant now I'd have to. No one seems to ever say no to Josie, so I'm sure Jill will carry her is she asks.

Manbun still intact. The comments are hilarious. The leghumpers are bending over backwards to defend a fundie with a MANBUN and FACIAL HAIR that they would criticize on any dirty librul heathen. 

That post makes my European blood boil. Prepare for rant.

CATHY YOUR GRAND SON HAS NEVER LEFT AMERICA BECAUSE IT'S A FRIGGING CONTINET AND NOT JUST YOUR COUNTRY

That post makes my European blood boil. Prepare for rant.

CATHY YOUR GRAND SON HAS NEVER LEFT AMERICA BECAUSE IT'S A FRIGGING CONTINET AND NOT JUST YOUR COUNTRY

Technically yes, from my observations (as an Australian) usually when people refer to America, they mean mainland. When people refer to the rest of it, it's The Americas or individual areas like Central America, etc.

On 8/8/2016 at 3:44 PM, CoveredInBees said:

If we're talking names (for the as yet non-existent second child) do we think they'll go down the geographical/biblical route?

Canaan

Bethany or Bethal

Dan

Eden

Etham

Georgia

Jordan

It's a pretty long list

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_biblical_places

Of course if they have twins they could be Sodom and Gomorrah ;) 

For the sake of balance I think the second child should definitely be called Palestine (lol, can you imagine?)

These names also have a good ring to them:

Girls:

Arimathea

Judea

Galilee

Sinai

Sheba

Boys:

Antioch (holy hand grenade of)

Zion/Jerusalem

Timnath

Jericho

26 minutes ago, jas said:

For the sake of balance I think the second child should definitely be called Palestine (lol, can you imagine?)

These names also have a good ring to them:

Girls:

Arimathea

Judea

Galilee

Sinai

Sheba

Boys:

Antioch (holy hand grenade of)

Zion/Jerusalem

Timnath

Jericho

Twins named Gaza Strip and West Bank.

Though I think Arimathea is a cool sounding name. Reminds me of Amalthea, like from The Last Unicorn.

2 hours ago, Gobsmacked said:

Can't believe I'm writing this but ... Here goes, deep breath... I like Derricks man bun.

:5624795a281c1_32(24):

Yeah.. normally I'm not really for man buns.  But on him, it looks pretty decent. 

I deeply, deeply want to keep the man bun. Something about it, I just feel in my soul, irritates J'chelle and Boob. The longer the man bun stays the longer I feel Derick's (very small) rebellion lives. If that man bun disappears on this stay home, I'm going to be so disappointed. Hippie Jesus just visually flies in the face of crew cuts and polo's tucked in khakis. I need this man bun to live, not because it gives me "hope" but it gives me something, anything that someone's having a free thought. 

I'll take this man bun and Ben's Christian rap obsession as my pet JB rebellions. I'm not delusional so don't come for me, I'm already with you. They comfort me though, and keep me from just wanting to scream belligerently like I definitely want to do when I think about Anna forgiving Josh and her going back to "joyfully serving" him. :RAGE: 

Yeah, the #israelinamerica hashtag really irks me. He's always been in America-- and if Derrick means North America (which we know he does)-- Izzy was born here! He's been here before! 

10 hours ago, eleanora3 said:

Confirmed: Derick has been to a dentist (unclear if it was for him) since returning to the US

OH YAY! Perhaps we'll be treated to Grandduggars do the dentist this season!

22 minutes ago, lizzybee said:

I deeply, deeply want to keep the man bun. Something about it, I just feel in my soul, irritates J'chelle and Boob. The longer the man bun stays the longer I feel Derick's (very small) rebellion lives. If that man bun disappears on this stay home, I'm going to be so disappointed. Hippie Jesus just visually flies in the face of crew cuts and polo's tucked in khakis. I need this man bun to live, not because it gives me "hope" but it gives me something, anything that someone's having a free thought. 

I'll take this man bun and Ben's Christian rap obsession as my pet JB rebellions. I'm not delusional so don't come for me, I'm already with you. They comfort me though, and keep me from just wanting to scream belligerently like I definitely want to do when I think about Anna forgiving Josh and her going back to "joyfully serving" him. :RAGE: 

The reason why the man bun seems to work ok is because 

A.) Derrick doesn't have the unfortunate duggar receding hair line that could be accentuated by a pulled back hairstyle.

B.) his hair is thick and a nice texture.

C.) our brains keep comparing it to the Lloyd Christmas haircut Jill gave him and anything is an improvement in comparison.

10 hours ago, Adrienne83 said:

I get that, but just holding her would be ok. Even more so if she's on the small side. If her body is used to carrying that weight around, as long as she doesn't like, throw her, she should be ok. My son was about 36 pounds and 36 inches then. I bet he and Josie are about the same size and weigh the same. He still likes to be picked up, and if I was pregnant now I'd have to. No one seems to ever say no to Josie, so I'm sure Jill will carry her is she asks.

Ehh, yeah but it's also Jill. Jill who made her husband paint her toenails the day of her sister's wedding because she was 5 months pregnant and just couldn't reach. She wouldn't want to pass up an opportunity to show her family that she is just overcome with pregnancy that she can't hold little precious Josie. I mean I'm not saying you are wrong, because that could certainly be the case too, I'm just not convinced she is pregnant in that picture. 

1 hour ago, BabyBottlePop said:

Yeah, the #israelinamerica hashtag really irks me. He's always been in America-- and if Derrick means North America (which we know he does)-- Izzy was born here! He's been here before! 

I think it's a political /religious thing with Derick to do with his son's hashtag

as for the man bun - I wonder if JB can't sleep at night due to his sons in law's obvious rebellion 

1 hour ago, Buzzard said:

OH YAY! Perhaps we'll be treated to Grandduggars do the dentist this season!

I called it :D

On 8/8/2016 at 0:01 PM, princessmahina said:

Nazarene? Yikes. I hope if they're going for Biblical names, they go for something nice and...normal. Eve, Mary, Martha, Esther and so on.

Yikes is right! If they duggarized Nazarene (Izzy, Spurgy, etc) then she would become Nazi.

And knowing how well schooled they are in history...

I don't think even the Duggars are that ignorant, though we did have the baby Holocaust.

43 minutes ago, nst said:

I think it's a political /religious thing with Derick to do with his son's hashtag

as for the man bun - I wonder if JB can't sleep at night due to his sons in law's obvious rebellion 

I get the giggles when I think of JB grinding his teeth every time he sees Derrick rocking his man bun.  Izzy is a cutie and it's nice to see Derrick bonding with his son, in a non-competitive way, unlike his insecure FIL.

35 minutes ago, Nikedagain? said:

Yikes is right! If they duggarized Nazarene (Izzy, Spurgy, etc) then she would become Nazi.

Or Rene (which is actually rather nice)

19 minutes ago, Nikedagain? said:

Not knowing about history can be really, uh, awkward when naming children.

Friends wanted to name their new baby daughter "Eva". Lovely name, nothing wrong with it. Only, their last name is "Braun".

"Eva Braun" was Adolf Hitler's mistress. Upon being told, they dropped the name "Eva" like a hot potato.

I actually think Derrick looks good with it . . .

Ten bucks says its gone in the next family picture though. Kim Jong Boob can't have that. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived