IGNORED

Jinjer 1: Courting

Yaoichan12

9 minutes ago, CreationMuseumSeasonPass said:

I'm going to get pretty snarky here because I am just so over the Duggar's dog and pony show. I am at the point of not having hope for any of the kids. I get so tired of hearing them say they were attracted to the other person's godly heart in the beginning of a relationship, even though I know that's just fundie speak. Well, you know what? I was attracted to my husband's godly dick in the beginning of our relationship, and that worked out just fine for me.

They have to talk about having a "godly heart" because they have nothing else to talk about. Fundies don't read anything other than the Bible and other religious pablum, don't watch anything interesting on TV other than horrible "Christian movies" and televangelists, and purposely limit their intellectual horizons. Men and women are also basically interchangeable in the fundie world, since they think any "godly" man can have a successful marriage with a "godly" woman if they try hard enough, because being "godly" is all that counts. The fact that Jeremy has a degree from a secular university means nothing; Voddie Baucham has a degree from Oxford and he's as nutty as the proverbial fruitcake. If he was approved by JB he must be Gothard-curious at least.

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So if they started getting to know one another in May 2015 then Jinger was already with him when we were speculating about Lawson.  No wonder they didn't say anything.  They were throwing us off the scent so we would look in the wrong place. 

2 hours ago, Shadoewolf said:

Was this the "Mr Jeremy" we saw/heard around the boys last season? When Justin was doing mechanical wirk and Joy was helping Jinger flip the car? 

I see her ending up like Alyssa, fundie but not extremeist anymore.

Nah, Justin said 'Pastor Caldwell' was helping with mechanics....I googled him a while ago to see if he was single and possibly attached to one of the girls. But he's married with a shit-ton of kids. 

I hope Jinger goes at least mainstream Christian. 

I'm intrigued by the Italian-Catholic going the fundie Baptist route. Not to stereotype my own people but I'm trying to fathom the reaction if I had done something like that ... I wonder if he'll join in on the Catholic bashing.

4 minutes ago, Jinder Roles said:

Nah, Justin said 'Pastor Caldwell' was helping with mechanics....I googled him a while ago to see if he was single and possibly attached to one of the girls. But he's married with a shit-ton of kids. 

I hope Jinger goes at least mainstream Christian. 

I'm pretty sure I had a bunch of info on him in the recap thread.  

Haven't had a chance to read the thread. Just saw the news and had to come over.

This guy looks like a turd.

He's cut from the same cloth as Ben and Derick. I am not surprised, of course.

My main thought is along the lines of: he's going to be ultraconservative since he feels he needs to atone for previous sins.  He's found an ultravirginal, super sheltered, beautiful young woman from a famous reality family in order to show that.  I actually wonder how much of Joshley's antics allow the Duggars to be willing to buy into, "I have been saved and have been cleansed of my sin!!!".  They have to try and forgive Joshley's more grievous and harmful sins so a young man tempted by worldly pleasures seems easy to forgive.  And it makes a good tale to tell.  She is going to be a full patriarchy helpmeet to him.  I hope they grow together and when she is released on instagram, etc we don't see her ugly hateful beliefs, because we all know they are there.  There's no way she is secretly more accepting or less vigorous in her beliefs than her family or Jeremy.  She thinks the world is 6000 yrs old.  She thinks being gay is a sin, she thinks women are weaker and need to be protected.  That children should be trained in instant obedience.  We can hope for the future but I think most of us here see the writing on the web walls. 

My only thought is this announcement supposed to divert our attention?   This morning an article popped up on my Facebook feed about another victim of Josh's is coming forward.  The source was a gossip site but any time the Duggars make an "announcement" I'm automatically suspicious why now.

3 hours ago, Slt said:

He's a fucking pastor.

If the Catholic priests at my church growing up had been this hot maybe I'd believe in god.

That said, my money is on him suddenly being convicted that sports are evil, his soccer shorts are too immodest, and being a preacher is what he wants. I can't imagine any normal person would put up with all the junk the Duggars will put a guy through for courtship. He can't even kiss her.

Also, Jinger soooo needs a makeover. She looks ridiculous with that ratty hair, orange face, and 5 pounds of eyeliner. She could be so much better looking naturally.

First thought: OH WOW!

Now: Ooooof. No idea what to think.

Well I'll be nice and say I wish them luck.  Hopefully she get's her city life she's dreamed of.  Also if/when Counting On comes back I hope it has more excitement than the dud of season 1

8 minutes ago, Mela99 said:

I'm intrigued by the Italian-Catholic going the fundie Baptist route. Not to stereotype my own people but I'm trying to fathom the reaction if I had done something like that ... I wonder if he'll join in on the Catholic bashing.

I'm not Italian but Catholic and that was the first thing I wondered - if he was the one to break way or 2nd generation or more.  If what was posted upthread is true his parents are the ones who broke from RCC.  

I've seen a few of those defections and they've never been peaceful events.  

Not to stereotype my own people either, but IME even the lapsed are knowing to get pissy when someone makes a definitive break/marries outside the faith.  Part culture and part ....most Catholics I know have a real aversion to hearing anyone yap about whether or not we're saved. :) 

From a rubbernecker stand point I'm a little disappointed.  Jinger having in-laws who were even marginally Catholic would be hilarious.  All the parents in a room and try to figure out whose eyes are telegraphings the most horror...and whose fake smile cracks first.  

2 hours ago, Slt said:

From his testimony, he used to drink heavily in high school and college and is DEFINITELY not a virgin.

Jim Bob must be desperate to get rid of her.

5 minutes ago, Mela99 said:

Except I don't think his parents are Catholic. Unless there are multiple Chuck Vuolos who are Pastors, his father appears to be a Pastor at New Life Community Church in Maryland:

http://www.newlifemd.org/what-to-expect/

Here is a screenshot of a comment Chuck allegedly left about the Church:

image.png

Certainly doesn't sound anywhere close to Catholic to me. Unfortunately, I think they'll get along with the Duggars perfectly fine.

2 hours ago, BabyBottlePop said:

I kinda have this feeling too. 

Even an experienced 22 I would say you're barely out of your teens. Whereas 28 is definitely an adult. If you take Jinger's stunted 22 there's going to be quite a power differential. 

I'm stuck on what on earth a 28 year old who has had an actual life with experiences wants with a does nothing at all 22 year old girl who is basically 13 emotionally and mentally. Seriously, what on earth would they even talk about, just god?

IMHO, Jinger's man is by far the most attractive and employable Duggar-involved bachelor thus far. Good for her. They'll have beautiful, athletic, college-educated babies.

13 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I'm pretty sure I had a bunch of info on him in the recap thread.  

My bad.  There is definitely a guy named Pau Caldwell that Justin or Jackson mentioned one episode. And that guy is connected to the Duggars and has a church in Fayetteville

But I must have missed Jeremy. I admit I snoozed through the last season; it was so fucking boring. And Jeremy does sound like another J name. 

How the hell did I miss that tall hunky man this season? 

4 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Except I don't think his parents are Catholic. Unless there are multiple Chuck Vuolos who are Pastors, his father appears to be a Pastor at New Life Community Church in Maryland:

http://www.newlifemd.org/what-to-expect/

Here is a screenshot of a comment Chuck allegedly left about the Church:

image.png

Certainly doesn't sound anywhere close to Catholic to me. Unfortunately, I think they'll get along with the Duggars perfectly fine.

@MsSourPickle said upthread that his father converted to  Baptist from Catholicism 

He does seem able to string sentences together, he speaks clearly and doesn't mutter into his beard.

His sermon ( I only watched a couple of minutes so I might be wrong) seems to be a lot more  Christian than other Pasters I have heard squealing and speaking in weird accents whilst I've been hanging out on FJ. He certainly outdoes Jim-Bob in the brains department I suspect.

If the relationship is for keeps, let's hope that he nods just enough to keep J-B happy until he and Jinger are married. Then they both make a run for it.

2 hours ago, MsSourPickle said:

Last time I knew he was raised Catholic. His family is Italian from Southern Italy in a village close to where my grandparents came from. My Aunt Congetta met his mother through Church.

Are you sure you have the right guy?  This article says that he is a pastor's son. http://www.phillysoccerpage.net/2013/03/11/philadelphians-abroad-former-rbny-keeper-vuolo-leaves-soccer-for-ministry/

Grace Church of Downington doesn't look Catholic to me. http://gracechurchdowningtown.org/

He has a very annoying voice.  

6 minutes ago, ElegantMajesticPearls said:

@MsSourPickle said upthread that his father converted to  Baptist from Catholicism 

Thanks! I saw her comment earlier, but I must have misread it as Jeremy being the one who broke away and his parents (Chuck and Di) being angry at him for it.

Regardless, I still say they'll get along just peachy. 

2 minutes ago, dianapavelovna said:

But who will take the courtship/engagement/wedding/maternity pictures?!?

Sierra, of course!  Its going to be a BLAST!  We're going to watch Jinger try and teach Silly Siera TM

Try and change aperture, zoom, not cut off Jinger's head.  Its going to be HYSTERICAL!

As long as it's not Sierra wearing another cap! Please No!!!

One of the TLC camera man could be drafted in. That would work.

His church's website is gcclaredo.com. Be sure to check out their "testimonials" page, with parishioners who have been saved from such wicked lifestyles as homosexuality and Catholicism.

• dawbs locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived