IGNORED

Jinjer 1: Courting

Yaoichan12

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, hollyandivy said:

holy moly - why can't they cancel that nonsense show???????

Hell no, not now, just when it looks like Jing might escape? Hell, no! I wouldn't miss this for the world!

2, almost 3 of the Bates kids have flown the family coup and are spreading their wings. I hope Jinger gets to live in a city. What team did they say he plays for, now? The Duggar boys, so starved for sports, they will be all over him.

1 minute ago, luv2laugh said:

I am here to comment that I do not know anything about this guy but I do not have a good feeling and I will tell you why. He hunted out Jinger and he is older than her. He specifically intended to pick a young Duggar, knowing all they are raised to do is be a submissive housewife. This is very unusual for someone who has already been out in the world, educated, college, sports, etc to request in a woman... I feel he is picking Jinger because he is after power and control. I would feel much more comfortable if Jinger was courting another toothy-grinned fundie with a similar background because I'd see them more as equals.

That's how I feel as well, that she may just be his fundie trophy wife, nothing more.

19 minutes ago, ljohnson2006 said:

I wonder what the Duggars will do when one of their kids inevitability wants to court someone of the same sex.

Send them to Jesus Camp.

8 minutes ago, Jatalie1996 said:

iirc, the proper series didn't start until Josh and Anna were already married, so there was no courtship announcement, just an engagement episode early on in the series. With Jessa & Ben, it was eleven months, and with Jill & Derick, I think the courtship was announced right around the time they got engaged. Don't remember when the engagement was actually announced.

Okay, Iooked it up because I have no life. According to People, Jill's courtship was announced two days after they got engaged, and the engagement was announced a week later, which is so odd to me. Why not just tell them she's engaged?

3 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

I am here to comment that I do not know anything about this guy but I do not have a good feeling and I will tell you why.

He hunted out Jinger and he is older than her.

He specifically intended to pick a young Duggar, knowing all they are raised to do is be a submissive housewife.

This is very unusual for someone who has already been out in the world, educated, college, sports, etc to request in a woman...

I feel he is picking Jinger because he is after power and control. I would feel much more comfortable if Jinger was courting another toothy-grinned fundie with a similar background because I'd see them more as equals.

I have a bad feeling too.  But i'm going to reserve judgement for now because we more speculation than facts at this point. Crossing my fingers for jinger.

What person would want to marry a Duggar. Especially a person like him. He's better than Ben and Derek. More babies and weddings coming soon for ratings. 

24 minutes ago, hollywood said:

First thought is that each girl is slowly working their way up the hotness meter. Derick-meh, Ben-kind of cute, this guy is very very cute to me.

Well, it is slowly something out of fundie but I am going to wait to pass judgement.

For Jill and Derick we were all excited because OMG he is college educated! 

For Jessa and Bin OMG his family wears pants! 

All my hopes are always blown so why bother hoping anymore?

Third one lucky?

Okay, I guess I'll share my thoughts. As soon as I read "friends with Ben", any hope of "freedom" for Jinger went out the window. I could MAYBE see her turning out somewhat like Alyssa Bates, but Alyssa seems to have totally spit the Koolaid out to me, and I can't see any of the Duggar girls going as far in the other direction as she did. All this being said, I don't know enough to make any judgements yet. This is just my initial reaction.

What kind of person calls up the Duggars and asks to court their daughters? The ones we've seen so far have all been previously worldly-turned fundie convert in order to date a Duggar and I think it's for strange reasons. Ben's whole family was similar but they were more fundie lite. Ben I think was after the attention and was just an obsessed fan. Derrick was turning fundie and he wanted to be part of a big family. Both Ben and Derrick are delving deeper into fundie land. These are not fundies looking to get out of fundamentalism. These are former worldly/fundie-lites trying to GET INTO fundamentalism!

11 minutes ago, ksgranola1 said:

Hell no, not now, just when it looks like Jing might escape? Hell, no! I wouldn't miss this for the world!

2, almost 3 of the Bates kids have flown the family coup and are spreading their wings. I hope Jinger gets to live in a city. What team did they say he plays for, now? The Duggar boys, so starved for sports, they will be all over him.

He no longer plays for a professional team. He is a pastor in Laredo, TX. 

http://www.duggarfamilyblog.com/2016/06/another-duggar-courtship.html

5:59pm - OMG, Jinger's courting and he is a sinful soccer player!

6:03pm - wait, he's another "heart for ministry" dude and a wackaroo new convert to top it off.

6:08pm - I'm going to reserve full judgement for later when there is more info out there, but so far, all I'm saying is: if Boob thinks he's a good match for his daughter and if he's friend with Bin, there's gotta be something wrong with him.

5 hours ago, Gimme a Free RV said:

If he continues in pro soccer, she'll get to travel a lot.  

If he's the one who "Frees Jinger," what will we call this place?

And some pro athletes cheat on their wives. So how will Jinger deal?

5 hours ago, Slt said:

From his testimony, he used to drink heavily in high school and college and is DEFINITELY not a virgin.

Guess male hymen doesn't matter. 

I just watched his testemony  on YouTube.  I fear he is not only handsome but a really good speaker; no comparison to Jim Bob or Ben. 

It will be really interesting to see how (if at all) he deals with Josh. Him beeing the sinner for such a long time before beeing saved could be the perfect bridge to Joshes new life as a (this time real) christian.  It would be horrible but seems like the perfect script  for the show.

Last but not least; I am on board with thepesmists. I wish Jinger a happy relationship but I was thinking about him potentially beeing abusive. I really don't have any real indication for this, but I was stoned  to read that others had similar thoughts. Please let it all be wrong.

21 minutes ago, ksgranola1 said:

Four bates kids have flown the coup and two more are courting

Erin Nov 13
Zach Dec 13
Alyssa May 14
Michael Aug 15

Nathan/Ashley are officially publicly courting

Tori and what's his face aren't "out" yet

That is no chaste side hug in the People Mag pic.  There is at a minimum 1/4 body contact and I am CERTAIN he has his arm around her back. 

Either the girls are all marrying tall men or they are very short (or both!). 

And, his father is a pastor. 

41 minutes ago, hollywood said:

First thought is that each girl is slowly working their way up the hotness meter. Derick-meh, Ben-kind of cute, this guy is very very cute to me.

Well, it is slowly something out of fundie but I am going to wait to pass judgement.

For Jill and Derick we were all excited because OMG he is college educated! 

For Jessa and Bin OMG his family wears pants! 

All my hopes are always blown so why bother hoping anymore?

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all that. For me, none of them are attractive really. But of them all, Derick would be most cute (pre-mouth surgery.)

I want to have hope for him since he's been out in the world and has a good education but let's not forget some of the fundie patriarchs who are also educated but still ass backwards in their beliefs and keep their own children down.  Papa Paine anyone?

• dawbs locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived