IGNORED

Jinjer 1: Courting

Yaoichan12

1 hour ago, habert said:

Cozy with JB approval, Jer and JBs are buds Jinger is a gift Jer will gain fame and JB will get back control of his brand with his new favorite son

image.jpeg

Boob did say the "kids make their own courtship rules" perhaps he's giving this guy a little more hands on time because he's a big name, at least in fundie land? He NEEDS this badly now, so he will do anything to get it, even "compromise the virtue of a daughter". Perhaps he's also seeing the writing on the wall and realizes he's got to sell off a few kids here and there to support the majority.

(snip)

removed speculation quote

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, BabyBottlePop said:

My husband's mother is full blooded Sicilian (daughter of immigrants). Her lifestyle is steeped in many things Italian and my husband grew up around that. The main thing is the cooking. She is an amazing cook and taught him to cook as well. We have no idea if Jer's family is that involved with their Itailan heritage, but if they are, I can only imagine Jinger trying to feed him TTC

Aw, all she needs is add some garlic salt to the mushroom soup and sprinkle some parmesan on top.  

:D      :animals-duckie:    :animals-dogrun:

Grinning, ducking and running.....

5 hours ago, TheDuggarnaut said:

So now I'm wondering why TLC bailed on an announcement in the season fail-nale if this has been going on since May 2015?

They knew everyone was waiting for something like and criticizing them for their baiting so decided to hold off? This way they get the benefit of interest in another season (I doubt sponsor will hold off much longer with a courthship season underway) will pretending that they're not using the courtship to retain viewers. 

4 hours ago, Kaylo said:

Ok, I don't believe this for a second, but cue the fantasy dream-sequence music...

Maybe, Jinger said to her dad "You can give this relationship the Duggar seal of approval, air it on your show, and garner lots of ratings, or I can leave and marry this guy and you can have a scandal" and that was that. 

I know, pure fantasy. 

I don't believe any of them would do is, but...they could. They really, really could, and it never occurred to be until now. They kids have a hell of a lot power if they weren't so emotionally beaten down. Jim Bob and Michelle cannot afford the public backlash that would result of one of their children went public with the news that their parents cast them out because they wanted to date a perfectly respectable to the average viewer guy. T

(snip)

4 hours ago, Toothfairy said:

And some pro athletes cheat on their wives. So how will Jinger deal?

I'd change some to, at the very least, a significant minority. I for one can't wait for the first old pictures of him partying with his team in the company of worldly college girls surface. 

26 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

I don't believe they'd have such a public courtship announcement without an engagement locked down. Not after Josiah. 

Yep. Josiah was a major departure from the family's previous handling of courtships and it turned out badly. They learned there lesson and went back to complete media lockout until engagement is guaranteed. 

1 hour ago, SpunkySpurgeonette said:

I'm sitting here wondering if there's something wrong with me--I don't find him hot at all.  He's tall...I'll give him that, but he's not very appealing to me.

Same. He has a nice athletic body but other than that I don't find him appealing either. Like Derrick and Bin he's kind of 'meh' to me 

This thread is way too fast to quote everyone. Upthread, this article was linked: http://dailyorange.com/2013/04/former-syracuse-goalkeeper-vuolo-balances-religion-pro-soccer-career/

The article paints a good picture of Jeremy on the road to being washed up. 

While Vuolo wrestled with his motivations, Robles had just seen his personal and professional dreams decimated. For both, though, Robles held simple advice.

I'm not as awesome as I thought I was.

:laughing-rolling: Pretty please, @happy atheist can we make this a post count title?

18 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

I don't think it is OK to speculate like this, per the ToU or rules or something.

However, it wouldn't matter one bit, I would still be mad about not having love/sex with whoever I choose before my younger sisters did.

As I said I thought it was only minor kids we couldn't.  So many rules and well I've never been good at NOT breaking them, even when I knew them. :pb_redface:  But  I agree, I would be ticked. I also wonder that whom ever she'd be interested in if she would even WANT a courtship filmed, her or JD, they both seem excessively private, which is fine but I wonder more if that doesn't have something to do with it.  The wanting it private not who their potential mates are.  

If someone violates the rules, please do not quote the rules violation or discuss it.  Please report it and let it go at that.  It makes more work to have to go redact the reports and the discussion of the violation.  Thank you! 

6 hours ago, twinmama said:

I'm stuck on what on earth a 28 year old who has had an actual life with experiences wants with a does nothing at all 22 year old girl who is basically 13 emotionally and mentally. Seriously, what on earth would they even talk about, just god?

and that is what the crux of everything 

they swap sermons and stare at each other

it's Ben's wet dream 

:D

18 minutes ago, katilac said:

I think another poster nailed it: what we're mostly saying is that only someone who wouldn't court a Duggar would be a good suitor, lol. 

I think there is some validity to this.

4 hours ago, RabbitKM said:

good find! no one is following it yet. we'll know its legit if Jessa or ben or Jilly follows it.

who dares me to start to follow :D

• dawbs locked and unlocked this topic
  • dawbs locked this topic

Archived