IGNORED

Jinjer 1: Courting

Yaoichan12

Jeremy met Jinger in May of 2015- when Joshgate 1.0 exploded :pb_neutral:

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

JB doesn't control Ben? Seriously, how do people come up with this?

I get that Ben "works" for JB and live in one of his rental properties, but I don't see how that's controlling. 

1. I don't know why we think it's so bad that he works for JB. If he is geting paid, I don't see the problem

2.Ben has continued his education since courting/marrying Jessa, something we thought JB wouldn't allow

3. I don't have a problem with them living in a Duggar property if they are saving up to by their own home. There were rumors that Ben and Jessa have purchased a new home. I not suprised Jill/Derick and Jessa/Ben didn't turn down free housing.

4. Ben is going to (Christian) rap concerts etc...

5. I'm not saying JB isn't controlling, I don't think he controls the married couples. I don't think anything or anyone is stopping Ben from moving or getting a new job. 

I hope Ben and Jessa move out of JB property and into a home of their own. Ben seems serious about becoming a preacher(:pb_rollseyes:) I think we just want them all to get away from, and completely cut ties, with JB and Michelle. That's wishful thinking

That just my(controverstial :my_smile:) opinion

Back to Jinger and Jeremy

I'm predicting an October wedding

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jinger definitely looked like she was keeping a secret.  I haven't been to the Duggar threads in days and now this.  I hope this is a good match for her and that he encourages her to follow some of her own interests/take a class.  Not surprised by the Minister thing.  This is the Duggars after all.  It's good he's more worldly than Ben and Derick.  Surprised JB approved of someone with so much experience.  All that talk of purity and saving everything for marriage is just talk I guess, lol.  And his name begins with a "J", how much more perfect could it get?

I'm not impressed. 

In the video on the Counting On page where they list the 5 facts about Jeremy, Jinger introduces him (with out much excitement) and then he takes over the conversation by telling everyone how religious they are and will be. 

She, well trained, just looks up at him, but without any emotion. 

From the video where he talks about his testimony, he was home schooled until his senior year in high school.  So he was pretty sheltered himself up to that point. 

Does Jinger have her high school diploma? Her beau is very educated as well as his family. This should be interesting. A young woman with little education marries an SU grad and worldly traveler. I hope if they get married this will give Jinger the freedom to get an education and become her own woman far away from Jimbobs controlling ways.

Just now, MsSourPickle said:

Does Jinger have her high school diploma? Her beau is very educated as well as his family. This should be interesting. A young woman with little education marries an SU grad and worldly traveler. I hope if they get married this will give Jinger the freedom to get an education and become her own woman far away from Jimbobs controlling ways.

Jinger's been to Asia, Central America, the UK and Israel.  It's not like she's never outside of the state of Arkansas.   I get what you mean regarding education, but maybe he's looking for that in a wife....  a baby machine and nothing more....

Just now, doubleT said:

In the video on the Counting On page where they list the 5 facts about Jeremy, Jinger introduces him (with out much excitement) and then he takes over the conversation by telling everyone how religious they are and will be. 

She, well trained, just looks up at him, but without any emotion. 

To be fair, he doesn't seem too jazzed about the announcement video, either. He looks at Jinger sweetly when he says he's excited about the journey together, but his voice goes a little flat when he says "And for you to join us along the way." Maybe I'm reaching here.

10 minutes ago, Marissap said:

except you know, when they try to exorcise the demons out of the LGBTQ community. Then you aren't cool. 

Which apparently is his church style. Most recent testimony on his church's YouTube is that of someone who was saved from homosexuality. 

Jinger looks like such a little girl next to him! For a normal person, I don't think there's much of a difference between 22 and 26. For a sheltered Duggar girl and a guy who's gone to college and had some life experience, it's basically 20 years.

26 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

http://www.people.com/article/jinger-duggar-courting-jeremy-vuolo-5-things-to-know

I'm going to go ahead and say he's a dud, just like HippieJesus and The Notorious B.I.N. 

He is already an ordained Pastor and talks about Jesus like they're fellowshipping behind Chick-fil-A every night. So pretty much just a slightly more tolerable version of Bin. 

... I just hope he speaks better. I can't handle another Duggar/Duggar In-Law who can't string more than one or two sentences together at a time.

Well, it would be really hard to sink as low as the teenage, stalker, toilet cleaner, windowless storage shed dweller, Ben.

Has anyone had a chance to watch his videos? Looks like there's a BUTTLOAD of his "sermons" on youtube. I feel like this would be great insight as to how much of a Derrick 2.0-- Sorry, I mean Disappointment 2.0 he is going to be.

He is looking more and more like a tool, and if he has Boobs approval, I think it's safe to say that he is. The guy went from one extreme (too much sin) to presumably Fundie. That's all the alarm bells I need.

2 minutes ago, Slt said:

Which apparently is his church style. Most recent testimony on his church's YouTube is that of someone who was saved from homosexuality. 

Well that doesn't really inspire much hope in him does it.  Ugh why can't Jinger just find a nice laid back pastor in a quiet town and settle down far away from Boob and Jchelle. What is wrong with a quiet life with a normal person out of the spotlight?

1 minute ago, Screamapillar said:

Jinger looks like such a little girl next to him! For a normal person, I don't think there's much of a difference between 22 and 26. For a sheltered Duggar girl and a guy who's gone to college and had some life experience, it's basically 20 years.

I too thought she looked so young standing next to him. That is quite an age difference when you consider their life experiences. I wonder if he realizes just how many of her "firsts" he will have to walk her through. And I'm not just talking wedding night stuff, but even just being on her own, venturing out to the grocery store by herself, living without 20+ people constantly hanging around, basically having to make any life decision on her own. 

9 minutes ago, Screamapillar said:

Even worse, he's 28.

He's a VERY good speaker. But I don't like him because there's a smugness in the way he preaches. Bleh.

If this dude has been around the block a few times, he's not going to want a long courtship. He KNOWS what he's missing out on when he can't even kiss her. He's getting her to the altar before 2017.

Welcome to the gravy train, Jeremy.

And congratulations Jim Boob Duggar for your conquest, thus enabling TLC to further profit from your hypocritical crapola.

TLC execs must be peeing themselves with delight.

I am SO OVER this family.

So this dude met her on a mission trip and then just called Boob and asked to court? Not buying it.

I have no time to read the full post so maybe there's bad information about the man and courtship is not good news, but my first though is: Good luck Jinger, hope this is a step for your liberty.

I'm going to get pretty snarky here because I am just so over the Duggar's dog and pony show. I am at the point of not having hope for any of the kids. I get so tired of hearing them say they were attracted to the other person's godly heart in the beginning of a relationship, even though I know that's just fundie speak. Well, you know what? I was attracted to my husband's godly dick in the beginning of our relationship, and that worked out just fine for me.

2 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

He's a VERY good speaker. But I don't like him because there's a smugness in the way he preaches. Bleh.

Thank you.  Smugness is the word I was looking for but couldn't come up with when I watched his testimony video. 

Ok I'm just going to say it. I hope this guy doesn't have issues with aggression or rage. And hopefully he's not just looking for the fundie version of the football wife/trophy wife.

Just now, TheDuggarnaut said:

Ok I'm just going to say it. I hope this guy doesn't have issues with aggression or rage. And hopefully he's not just looking for the fundie version of the football wife/trophy wife.

We have a winner!  This was my first thought when I read his background.

You know the grossest part? If Jinger had went off to college, had a typical college experience with drinking and sex, and then confessed all her son's and was born again, not a single fundie guy would side hug her with a ten foot pole. Gotta love the sexist paternalistic culture these fundies live for.

1 minute ago, CreationMuseumSeasonPass said:

I'm going to get pretty snarky here because I am just so over the Duggar's dog and pony show. I am at the point of not having hope for any of the kids. I get so tired of hearing them say they were attracted to the other person's godly heart in the beginning of a relationship, even though I know that's just fundie speak. Well, you know what? I was attracted to my husband's godly dick in the beginning of our relationship, and that worked out just fine for me.

Lmao love your response. Even aside from sex there are just so many other things they could say! I met my husband when we were both 16 and even I can come up with more than being attracted to his "godly" heart. I fell in love with my now husband because of his sense of humor, his intelligence, his confidence, his work ethic, his willingness to help others, his love of adventure... 

Huh, a 28 year old besties with a 20 year old? Right... reminds me of Sierra and Joy... 

• dawbs locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived