IGNORED

Jinjer 1: Courting

Yaoichan12

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder what the Duggars will do when one of their kids inevitability wants to court someone of the same sex.

But what will their name be???

Jingmy

jeringer

man they have an odd name combination to form new words out of!

1 minute ago, ljohnson2006 said:

I wonder what the Duggars will do when one of their kids inevitability wants to court someone of the same sex.

So never happening. First, if they want a same sex partner, I think the courtship ship has sailed. Second, while wouldn't rule out one or more of them being gay I doubt they'll ever full admit it. I am trying to wrap my mind around the idea of a gay fundamentalist.

2 minutes ago, Marissap said:

Jingmy

jeringer

Dugolo?

First thought is that each girl is slowly working their way up the hotness meter. Derick-meh, Ben-kind of cute, this guy is very very cute to me.

Well, it is slowly something out of fundie but I am going to wait to pass judgement.

For Jill and Derick we were all excited because OMG he is college educated! 

For Jessa and Bin OMG his family wears pants! 

All my hopes are always blown so why bother hoping anymore?

2 minutes ago, ljohnson2006 said:

A smart gay Duggar wouldn't present as courting at all. They'd just visit frequently, apply to be roommates in college, move into the others home to help with whatever.

For those who have been here longer than me, what's been the time frame between the official courtship announcement and the engagement announcement for all 3 Dugkids?

30 minutes ago, twinmama said:

I'm laughing that I have no idea whether you are talking about a plant like azaleas or some church thing.

Church thing, ha. "Planting a church" is when one church sends people somewhere to start a new one, and the resulting new church is a "church plant". That's church lingo I didn't even realize wasn't mainstream... 

2 minutes ago, ljohnson2006 said:

send them to jeremy's church to have them "fixed". and pray. lots and lots of prayer.  remember, they're taught it's a "choice" to be anything other than straight and cis, so if any of their kids aren't they will push those feelings deep deep down.  if they admitted those feelings to jb and m than it would only be to get prayed for and fixed. 

Well I finally read the full topic.

No I'm not happy about this.  Just  2 thoughts:

1.- why is poeple saying Jinger will be next Alyssa? It makes no sense. Alyssa didn't married a preacher! Alyssa and John are people focused in "normal" work and kids (and fashion), not specially focused in religion. Plus  none of them is a former sinner or a new born christian (who tend to be  more fanatic).

2.-maybe I'm wrong, but I see Jinger as a very sensitive person. Extremely sensitive.   She has suffered an abusing upbringing, beatings, and has coped with sexual abuse at home (not saying she was a victim, but victim or not she lived the situation). Plus it's being clear she felt frustrated living in that house. She has no money, no career, etc. She could easily  become an abused wife. Not saying it's gonna happen. I really hope everything will go well. But she seems weak and naif and I feel for her.

1 hour ago, Mela99 said:

I'm intrigued by the Italian-Catholic going the fundie Baptist route. Not to stereotype my own people but I'm trying to fathom the reaction if I had done something like that ... I wonder if he'll join in on the Catholic bashing.

All I can say is that a good college friend of mine did this back in the 1970s and her family survived.  My friend was half Italian, half Spanish, born and raised in the US.  She was very conservative, and very sexually repressed.  Anyway, during our senior year she got involved with these Baptists, and was born-again before graduation.  I never heard her say anything anti-catholic, just that she hadn't truly experienced the grace of God as a Catholic. 

51 minutes ago, 19 cats and counting said:

Next reality series--- Real Housewives of IBLP (2nd generation).  This could be fun to cast (and I haven't ever watched any Real Housewives.

First cast can be three sets of sisters--- Jill, Jessa, Erin, Alyssa, Priscilla, Anna.  

Please please let Sierra be at least the wacky friend on the show

18 minutes ago, nolongerIFBx said:

Probably not IFB. They never even claim to be baptistic, much less Baptist and no IFB could resist that. They do claim to be reformed and the vast majority of IFB are not Calvinistic. Independent, except of the planting church, possibly, but that is as far as I would go.

I'm sure you are right.  I should have looked at the website more closely. :)   So he's a Calvinist Church Planter not IFB.  

Still, I'll give cookies to the first person who can find evidence of Jeremy's "Mission to Laredo to covert Catholics" and a place to donate.  :pb_lol:

I hope this guy is nice even if he's a Fundie Pastor.  Jinger needs a break.

10 minutes ago, Marissap said:

Jingmy

jeringer

JinJer?

3 hours ago, Buzzard said:

I predict an episode next season where Jeremy flies to DANGEROUS CENTRAL AMERICA and teaches how to actually play soccer, possibly checking Derick against a fence.

http://www.beyondtheultimate.org/athlete/Jeremy-Vuolo

Yup.  Sounds like he's bestest buddies with Bin.

Because people in Central America don't know how to play soccer, of course.;)

1 hour ago, JMO said:

etc we don't see her ugly hateful beliefs, because we all know they are there.  There's no way she is secretly more accepting or less vigorous in her beliefs than her family or Jeremy.  She thinks the world is 6000 yrs old.  She thinks being gay is a sin, she thinks women are weaker and need to be protected.

I know this is pages back, but this thread is just going to fast, but I think it's very important point to remember just how uneducated the duggar kidults are, and I'm always happy to be reminded by bare facts like this.

The duggars quite literally believe the world is only 6000 years old. Does Jeremy believe the same? Why does he want her?

7 minutes ago, Shadoewolf said:

For those who have been here longer than me, what's been the time frame between the official courtship announcement and the engagement announcement for all 3 Dugkids?

iirc, the proper series didn't start until Josh and Anna were already married, so there was no courtship announcement, just an engagement episode early on in the series. With Jessa & Ben, it was eleven months, and with Jill & Derick, I think the courtship was announced right around the time they got engaged. Don't remember when the engagement was actually announced.

2 minutes ago, habert said:

I know this is pages back, but this thread is just going to fast, but I think it's very important point to remember just how uneducated the duggar kidults are, and I'm always happy to be reminded by bare facts like this.

The duggars quite literally believe the world is only 6000 years old. Does Jeremy believe the same? Why does he want her?

If he's ministering at a church that thinks Catholicism is a sin, I guarantee he does.

I had hope at first, but the more we find out the worse it gets. Maybe he wasn't in the known fundie circles, but that doesn't mean much. he could just not be at his fundie crazy peak yet. I do sincerely hope this fundie thing is a phase- I feel like he has a fair amount of real life experience that much of the duggar doctrine will sound insanely stupid to him.  Then again the koolaide is powerful, and the first thing it does is begin to rot away your ability to think critically and independently.  That way the rest of the doctrine is easy to swallow.  Similar to how a mosquito bite numbs you first so you don't notice the poison going in. I hope it goes the other way of course and he pulls jinger out.

on a shallow note; those kids will be very good looking. 

50 minutes ago, habert said:

A depressingly large number of Americans are creationists, around 42 percent:

http://www.gallup.com/poll/170822/believe-creationist-view-human-origins.aspx

One of my high school science teachers who had gone to Georgia Tech was a creationist and I went to a secular school. Having a degree from a secular university is no guarantee of not being a creationist.

I am here to comment that I do not know anything about this guy but I do not have a good feeling and I will tell you why.

He hunted out Jinger and he is older than her.

He specifically intended to pick a young Duggar, knowing all they are raised to do is be a submissive housewife.

This is very unusual for someone who has already been out in the world, educated, college, sports, etc to request in a woman...

I feel he is picking Jinger because he is after power and control. I would feel much more comfortable if Jinger was courting another toothy-grinned fundie with a similar background because I'd see them more as equals.

• dawbs locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived