IGNORED

Jinjer 1: Courting

Yaoichan12

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, BeaSnarky said:

Not only that, he graduated from Syracuse.  Go on girl, get your ticket outta there!

Grab your cameras and run. Run to college, run to a great future. You go girl!!!

I predict an episode next season where Jeremy flies to DANGEROUS CENTRAL AMERICA and teaches how to actually play soccer, possibly checking Derick against a fence.

http://www.beyondtheultimate.org/athlete/Jeremy-Vuolo

I believe my identity needs to be in something that never changes: Jesus Christ. For me, it begins and ends with finding my identity in Christ and not in my on-field skills, not in relationships I have, not in my accomplishments or in the way people perceive me. I know my identity is found in the person of Jesus Christ – who He is, what He did for me, and the unconditional love He has shown for me. 

Yup.  Sounds like he's bestest buddies with Bin.

At 28, I'd say (certainly if he hasn't made the big time) he's probably heading for retirement anyway. But with a degree behind him he could possibly go into coaching if he wasn't destined to be a preacher.

At least he's an adult, has an earning capacity and has lived a little.

That was a rollercoaster of a 5 minutes between seeing the "Jinger Is Courting" topic, through reading the People article (and taking a moment to say Dayyuuummm Jinger!) and getting a little hope for her, on to realizing he's another koolaid-drinking, heart for God, JB approved, freak show of a fundy courting Jinger.  Utter high to lowly low.  

http://www.people.com/article/jinger-duggar-courting-jeremy-vuolo-5-things-to-know

I'm going to go ahead and say he's a dud, just like HippieJesus and The Notorious B.I.N. 

He is already an ordained Pastor and talks about Jesus like they're fellowshipping behind Chick-fil-A every night. So pretty much just a slightly more tolerable version of Bin. 

... I just hope he speaks better. I can't handle another Duggar/Duggar In-Law who can't string more than one or two sentences together at a time.

I'm really confused why people keep saying he has "no" job. He is a full time lead pastor of Grace Community Church in Laredo, TX from what he says. I don't like his job, but the fact that he seems to no longer be playing soccer makes sense. 

5 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I predict an episode next season where Jeremy flies to DANGEROUS CENTRAL AMERICA and teaches how to actually play soccer, possibly checking Derick against a fence.

I feel very strongly about this needing to happen. Preferably with a nice shot of Israel laughing hysterically as it happens. 

30 minutes ago, bashfulpixie said:

That sums up the entire situation perfectly.

There is an exception to every rule! Isn't there? Please say that there is! For Jingers sake.

He certainly has a pleasant smile that reaches his eyes. Hopefully his family will look after him and steer him well clear of J-Bs horrible sticky little mitts. I can't see him agreeing to cut lawns and scrub nasty toilets for nasty J-B.

If they do get as far as a wedding PLEASE keep Sierra well away from anything to do with it. At least one of those girls deserves a nice wedding. Not a car park caper.

Thoughts on Jana (I know this is the Jinger courtship thread, but lots are mentioning feeling sorry for her here). In an episode on Counting On, she made it very clear that she wants a man who gets his hands dirty and is hardworking. In my mind, I instantly pictured a farmer with his own land.

Now I'm generalizing here, but most farmers I know keep to themselves and do not seek attention (and honestly this could really be said about many hard working individuals who work with their hands). I think the type of individual the duggars seek are boys who are looking for some limelight. Who know how to use every event for the almighty dollar. Everything is hush until an "announcement" can be made on television or via magazine spread. Basically they are looking for someone who can schmooze their "followers" in order to keep the dough rolling in. I'm sorry, but I don't see an ACTUAL hardworking, self-sufficient, individual willing to do that. Chances are Jana is SOL until either 1) her family loses their fame a bit (i.e. show officially canceled), or 2) She becomes willing to marry someone who didn't meet her standards.

11 minutes ago, Slt said:

I'm really confused why people keep saying he has "no" job. He is a full time lead pastor of Grace Community Church in Laredo, TX from what he says. I don't like his job, but the fact that he seems to no longer be playing soccer makes sense. 

I've just googled them

www.gcclaredo.com  (I hope I've broken the link properly)

Top testimony is someone saved from 'homosexuality'.......... urgh

I just talked to my Aunt and she said Jer's father was a Fundamental Baptist Missionary when he was younger. His parents disowned him when he joined the Baptist Church. My aunt said to Italian Parents its like sticking a knife in their hearts that their children would not follow in the family religion. His parents name are Charles and Diana- Chuck and Di, hahahahahaha Here is his fathers facebook page which is under Chuck Vuolo. His mother is an educator and musician my aunt said . She said they do missions around the lancaster pa area.  Jer's mother Diana is also Italian.

26 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Thats why i bolded - the 80k was major league.  He's minors - he's not seeing anywhere near that for the soccer stuff in minors.  I only posted the major league salaries to show how different it is from other professional sports and how low the bar was set.

Whoops! Sorry about that. That teaches me to speed read while trying to keep up with this thread. I need to just slow down and get everything right the first time!

Yeah, he has prospects for future jobs, but we thought the exact same thing about Derick. Anyone know what degree he graduated with from Syracuse?

Am I the only one who would pay good money to be a fly on the wall in a wedding planning meeting between cheap ass Kim Jong Boob/Sierra and an Italian family?

8 minutes ago, sophie10130 said:

Whoops! Sorry about that. That teaches me to speed read while trying to keep up with this thread. I need to just slow down and get everything right the first time!

Yeah, he has prospects for future jobs, but we thought the exact same thing about Derick. Anyone know what degree he graduated with from Syracuse?

Not sure how accurate this is:

http://cuse.com/news/2010/9/4/MSOC_0904103227.aspx?path=msoccer

Appears he attended a MBA program.

ETA: This too:

http://www.seniorclassaward.com/athletes/jeremy_vuolo/

Again, not sure about accuracy because I don't follow collegiate sports.

Ya know pastor's can actually be pretty cool, normal people. We recently visited my husband's little sister in another state for her confirmation. The pastor and his wife and child were invited back to the house for a cookout. Aside from saying the prayer before we ate they were just normal people at the party. They were sipping on beer, were not talking God at every chance, and were just really nice friendly people. Just surprised at all the "oh he's a preacher" comments. I get after reading about him and watching his videos that he is probably not one of those normal people who love God kind of pastor's, but before all that the pastor thing raised no flags for me. Anyway, I really hope he isn't as crazy as the Duggar's and can at least take Jinger out of Arkansas and become fundielite but like someone else posted I'm not sure what he see's in Jinger. 

21 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Judging from the number of people in the stands (almost none) I'd be shocked if he's making enough to sustain without a side job.  He transferred to Syracuse in his Senior year from Hartwick college, a very small liberal arts school with a Lutheran history.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hartwick_College  

I'm really upset about this.  I knew the day was coming, but this guy seems like as much of a shill as the previous Duggar husbands.  No real job, no real future, a "heart" for god bothering others... I guess after the smuggles incidents Boob cant blather on about becoming a "ridden hard" bicycle, so this guy got "drafted" from the minor leagues and called up to the majors!

His parents are wealthy in their own right from inheritances. I don't live too far from Hartwick College which is in Oneonta and Syracuse U is north of Hartwick. Hartwick kids transferred to Cortland State University to get their teaching certificates. Cortland State is south of SU. Most Cortland Grads finish up their doctorates at SU.  Hartwick is a very well known college, very excellent school to get accepted to. He got an excellent education for sure but then his parents are educated people.

1 minute ago, 19 cats and counting said:

Am I the only one who would pay good money to be a fly on the wall in a wedding planning meeting between cheap ass Kim Jong Boob/Sierra and an Italian family?

Yes!  A ice cream sundae and crackers wedding reception isn't going to cut it in a Italian family. It will be interesting to see how the wedding plays out. 

So much for that Lawson/Jinger courtship.. 

Just now, MsSourPickle said:

His parents are wealthy in their own right from inheritances. I don't live too far from Hartwick College which is in Oneonta and Syracuse U is north of Hartwick. Hartwick kids transferred to Cortland State University to get their teaching certificates. Cortland State is south of SU. Most Cortland Grads finish up their doctorates at SU.  Hartwick is a very well known college, very excellent school to get accepted to. He got an excellent education for sure but then his parents are educated people.

Good, then he doesnt need boob's money.

1 minute ago, JesSky03 said:

Ya know pastor's can actually be pretty cool, normal people. We recently visited my husband's little sister in another state for her confirmation. The pastor and his wife and child were invited back to the house for a cookout. Aside from saying the prayer before we ate they were just normal people at the party. They were sipping on beer, were not talking God at every chance, and were just really nice friendly people. Just surprised at all the "oh he's a preacher" comments. I get after reading about him and watching his videos that he is probably not one of those normal people who love God kind of pastor's, but before all that the pastor thing raised no flags for me. Anyway, I really hope he isn't as crazy as the Duggar's and can at least take Jinger out of Arkansas and become fundielite but like someone else posted I'm not sure what he see's in Jinger. 

except you know, when they try to exorcise the demons out of the LGBTQ community. Then you aren't cool. 

Sorry, I'm not happy for her nor optimistic.  If one of the J'slaves runs off with a non-fundie, I'll be cheering.

Boy, I'll agree that he makes Beavis & Butthead look even more boring and pathetic.

I wonder how jealous Famy is.  I'm sure she wanted a hot, pseudo-famous guy like him....

4 minutes ago, 19 cats and counting said:

Can you imagine, HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. His parents and family are not backwoodsy trash like the Duggars

4 minutes ago, JesSky03 said:

I totally get what you mean, but I think the comments are based on the first two son in laws. I just think it would be nice if one of the siblings married (or dated/lived with) someone who doesn't make a living out of ministry.

You know, just to mix it up a little ;) 

Just now, Marissap said:

except you know, when they try to exorcise the demons out of the LGBTQ community. Then you aren't cool. 

Duh? I'm not going to argue that. Just pointing out that in general being a pastor doesn't make someone religiously crazy. 

• dawbs locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived