IGNORED

Jinjer 1: Courting

Yaoichan12

1 minute ago, CTRLZero said:

I also would like to know how he got mixed up with that family.  I'm laughing, because you're laughing.  :laughing-rollingyellow:

Through Ben it seems. It doesn't say how Ben met him though.

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, OyToTheVey said:

Minor league soccer players don't make much. 

Thanks.  

Even if he was in the majors it's not looking good...

Found this article on it from http://work.chron.com/beginner-soccer-player-salaries-30579.html 2013 data for Major League Soccer.  

It's by far the lowest paying major league sport in the us.  

Summary:  Beginner and lower ranked make minimum of $35,125.  154 players made less than $50k a year.  Mean average was $160k and median was $100k.  Crazy low for professional major league athlete.  Only 45% made over 100k.

and then this...bolding mine

How much a player makes depends on the position he plays. While players at all positions make the league minimum, median pay is highest for forwards. In 2013, forwards made a median salary of $99,998. Goaltenders and mid-fielders made a median salary of $80,000, while defenders made two more dollars a year. Forwards and infielders are the only positions that paid more than $1 million a year. Top goaltenders and defenders made $275,000 and $331,236, respectively.

So even in the major leagues - which this guy is not - it's not a single earning eleventy kids kind of income.  

Found this about minor league baseball.  if they are the working poor...

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/03/minor-leaguers-working-poor-lawsuit-mlb-bud-selig

Guess hopes this guy would have enough to be independent from JB financially are not as great as when I assumed soccer paid better.

Last time I knew he was raised Catholic. His family is Italian from Southern Italy in a village close to where my grandparents came from. My Aunt Congetta met his mother through Church. I am still laughing. Jimbob won't know what the hell hit him when Mama and Papa Vuolo take up with the Duggars. They know bullshitters too. Jer will get advice from his people when he ask. Hahahahaha - I would love to be a mouse on the wall. If they get engaged toward marriage Michelle will have nothing on the Italian women in Jer's family. The thing that comes to mind is when Josh and Anna were dating and they went out to eat with their chaperones to an Italian Restaurant and Josh Called Italian, EYE Tallian That will go over big with the Vuolo's . Italians are great ones for holding grudges against those who wrong them or their families. I can see Jimbob acting like the baboon that he is thinking he is cute in front of Jer's family. The first anti Italian remark out of boobs mouth will have negative consequences.

18 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

A spread in People magazine.  

I was gonna say - FAME. At least via mass social media followings, large groups of leghumpers, and speaking spots. A show too, at least right now....

11 minutes ago, JPatti said:

Hi all--permanent lurker here. I just wanted to say that despite all of the crap that comes with courting an unknown new convert to fundamentalism...I hope his "past" will maybe help him help Jinger with her "unworthiness" and whatever horrible feelings of guilt she has alluded to in the past. Hopefully this will never be that ridiculous Fundy situation (like Boob and Jchelle) where the husband is constantly "forgiving" the wife for her "past." Maybe they will bond over their imperfection in a healthy way. oh well, I don't have a ton of hope...

Back to the shadows for me...what an interesting g development this is!

Oh snap, good insight. I should hope so! No matter what Jinger has done at least she didn't *gasp!* have premarital sex or *gasp!* get drunk. So hopefully they can start with a healthy-ish relationship in that regard.

Just now, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Thanks.  

Even if he was in the majors it's not looking good...

Found this article on it from http://work.chron.com/beginner-soccer-player-salaries-30579.html 2013 data for Major League Soccer.  

It's by far the lowest paying major league sport in the us.  

Summary:  Beginner and lower ranked make minimum of $35,125.  154 players made less than $50k a year.  Mean average was $160k and median was $100k.  Crazy low for professional major league athlete.  Only 45% made over 100k.

and then this...bolding mine

So even in the major leagues - which this guy is not - it's not a single earning eleventy kids kind of income.  

Found this about minor league baseball.  if they are the working poor...

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/03/minor-leaguers-working-poor-lawsuit-mlb-bud-selig

Guess hopes this guy would have enough to be independent from JB financially are not as great as when I assumed soccer paid better.

Yeah but $80,000 in most parts of the country for two peeps ain't nothing to sneeze at. And at 28 hopefully he's past the whole youthful indiscretion phase and has been saving and/or investing. Sure, if you're going to have eleventy kids like you said, but I don't see her having that many. But who knows.

12 minutes ago, Fundie Bunny said:

Off course there's something wrong with him, he's courting a duggar

That sums up the entire situation perfectly.

27 minutes ago, socalrules said:

I don't see anything to get excited about. I am just going to be mean and say it. Why would a good looking, educated, employed, professional athlete want an uneducated woman who has been sheltered to the point of never having gone to the grocery store by herself and has never been allowed an independent thought? If he had it all together he would want more out of a potential spouse. Instead, he wants someone who is submissive, he can control and mold into what he wants them to be. He didn't go after anyone on equal footing or who even has her own identity or goals. 

I am on the train of no normal guy would go after a Duggar woman or any fundy woman. Jinger is pretty and may be very nice but that's really it. She was raised to be the perfect fundy wife and that's it. I think if Jinger marries this man she will be in a worse position than skill and Jessa. He has his own money so he will have complete control. Further, I don't trust anyone Jim Bob thinks is worthy of courting his daughter. Look at the other two, most of us would be embarassed to say our daughters were married to a teenager and one who seems to be going backwards in life. If Jim Bon approves, then this guy drinks the Koolaid by the gallon. He isn't going to take Jinger away and let her live this wonderful independent life. 

Exactly I don't see anything great about this courtship.  I see the complete opposite.  A lot of times people who had a "sinful" past then become saved are worse than those that were raised in the cult.  They become more rigid and obsessed with the rules.  

This guy is a traveled athlete that had regular life experiences including drinking and sex and now becomes a minister who will marry a naive sheltered girl.  I have a bad feeling about this situation.

21 minutes ago, MsSourPickle said:

Hahahahaha, My Aunt and Uncle lived near his parents and are good friends with them. They live in Downington Pennsylvania. I have met him. He's a good guy. Jimbob won't be able to sway him easily like he has with Bin and Derrick.  Jer is a very worldly guy too. Very Family Oriented so I would not be surprised if Jer and Jinger settle down some day in Burks Co. PA near his family. This is ripe. Hahahahaha. He;s is not one to have inlaws and brothers and sisters moving in and living with them or continually having visitors. I will tell you one thing, he won't be kissin inlaws with Joshley. Boob will try to rule Jer's roost but boob won't get far. I am still laughing. How the hell did he get mixed up with the Duggars. I can't stop laughing.

I hope your right, but

1. He's a freind of Ben Seewald

2. He's a fundie preacher

3. He blamed a school shooting on secularism

4. JB approved of this courtship and Jeremy will be apart of the Duggar/TLC circus

I agree that he won't live in Arkansas, but I'm sure he will fit in with his in-laws

btw im in the minority that doesn't think JB completely controls Derick and Ben

I wish I could get you all on the phone so that I can patch you in to the call to my Aunt. I just called my sister and she is laughing her ass off too. Paola hates the Duggars and thinks their all nuts. I wish I could patch you in to the call my sister just pissed her pants laughing. She has my aunt on speed dial so Congetta will be getting the call because my sister will want the scoop. She too wants to know how Jeremy got messed up with the Duggars and thinks our aunt will know.

I hope she is happy and everything works out but like others I'm sceptical as Jim bob hasn't been great at choosing husbands yet compared to Gill, who has chosen or allowed courtships with men who can actually support their families even if they are still fundie.

I know it's impossible to tell from a picture what is truly going on in someone's mind, but am I the only one to think she looks somewhat, well, unenthused? I've seen more genuine smiles from her when she is posing with strangers. Even if she isn't enjoying the photo session, she should still have a spark in her eyes or glow on her face because this is her moment to shine--the only time she probably has true worth to her parents. Before she was allowed to court she was unpaid labor, now she is a hot commodity.

I agree with the other posters who say she looks lovely, but I don't think she looks very happy. Maybe I'm just projecting my ambivalence at this development?

Also, my heart hurts for Jana. Even if she isn't interested in courting, it still must sting to see another sister leave and cleave. There is quite an age difference between Jana and Joy, and I wonder how close they are--surely they aren't confidantes. I wonder if loneliness might inspire Jana to take another look at the guys on offer.

9 minutes ago, MsSourPickle said:

Last time I knew he was raised Catholic. His family is Italian from Southern Italy in a village close to where my grandparents came from. My Aunt Congetta met his mother through Church. I am still laughing. Jimbob won't know what the hell hit him when Mama and Papa Vuolo take up with the Duggars. They know bullshitters too. Jer will get advice from his people when he ask. Hahahahaha - I would love to be a mouse on the wall. If they get engaged toward marriage Michelle will have nothing on the Italian women in Jer's family. The thing that comes to mind is when Josh and Anna were dating and they went out to eat with their chaperones to an Italian Restaurant and Josh Called Italian, EYE Tallian That will go over big with the Vuolo's

I'm sure JB has already met Jeremy's family. Jinger and Jeremy met last May and have gone on missionary trips together. Is his family conservative?

54 minutes ago, Bazinga said:

Looks like Jeremy has already been pulled into making their dumb videos. This was from back in April.

http://www.duggarfamilyblog.com/2016/04/michelle-we-thank-god-for-you.html

Ewww, the way he talks reminds me of Jill Rodrigues.  The breathy speach, the pronunciation of Jesus as Jez-us. I had hope for a brief moment, but it's vanished like a prayer in the wind.

12 minutes ago, freethemall said:

I was gonna say - FAME. At least via mass social media followings, large groups of leghumpers, and speaking spots. A show too, at least right now....

Infamy is more like it.

So gross that for some, any attention is worth it.

this guy has been around longer since last may when she said they started courting - so back in march when she was being interveiwed on the counting on ep season finale it must have been in the works

so obviously they need a story line and jinger is being sold

11 minutes ago, sophie10130 said:

Oh snap, good insight. I should hope so! No matter what Jinger has done at least she didn't *gasp!* have premarital sex or *gasp!* get drunk. So hopefully they can start with a healthy-ish relationship in that regard.

Yeah but $80,000 in most parts of the country for two peeps ain't nothing to sneeze at. And at 28 hopefully he's past the whole youthful indiscretion phase and has been saving and/or investing. Sure, if you're going to have eleventy kids like you said, but I don't see her having that many. But who knows.

Thats why i bolded - the 80k was major league.  He's minors - he's not seeing anywhere near that for the soccer stuff in minors.  I only posted the major league salaries to show how different it is from other professional sports and how low the bar was set.

I am cautiously optimistic. 

As for the Bin connection, maybe Bin hunted him down because he is one of those "cool" Christians, like the rapper, and dum-dum childish Bin uses his Christian celebrity to make friends with the cool kids. Then, maybe the guy really did hit it off with Jinger. 

One thing I do know, he will at least know what he's doing on their wedding night. For that alone, I say well done Jinger!!!

PLease @MsSourPickle Keep us informed :pb_lol: And if you can, tell us more about his family

1 minute ago, Nonyabznoch said:

Ewww, the way he talks reminds me of Jill Rodrigues.  The breathy speach, the pronunciation of Jesus as Jez-us. I had hope for a brief moment, but it's vanished like a prayer in the wind.

That's why i found him so irritating. I didn't know what it was

Just now, SassyPants said:

JB doesn't control Ben? Seriously, how do people come up with this?

- he controls how many times he pees

5 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Thats why i bolded - the 80k was major league.  He's minors - he's not seeing anywhere near that for the soccer stuff in minors.  I only posted the major league salaries to show how different it is from other professional sports and how low the bar was set.

If you're worth a damn, you play overseas, or maybe on one of the better MLS teams.  Half of the US Men's team plays out of the country, because that's where the money is.

14 minutes ago, MsSourPickle said:

I wish I could get you all on the phone so that I can patch you in to the call to my Aunt. I just called my sister and she is laughing her ass off too. Paola hates the Duggars and thinks their all nuts. I wish I could patch you in to the call my sister just pissed her pants laughing. She has my aunt on speed dial so Congetta will be getting the call because my sister will want the scoop. She too wants to know how Jeremy got messed up with the Duggars and thinks our aunt will know.

His moms name is Diana.

2 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Judging from the number of people in the stands (almost none) I'd be shocked if he's making enough to sustain without a side job.  He transferred to Syracuse in his Senior year from Hartwick college, a very small liberal arts school with a Lutheran history.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hartwick_College  

I'm really upset about this.  I knew the day was coming, but this guy seems like as much of a shill as the previous Duggar husbands.  No real job, no real future, a "heart" for god bothering others... I guess after the smuggles incidents Boob cant blather on about becoming a "ridden hard" bicycle, so this guy got "drafted" from the minor leagues and called up to the majors!

4 minutes ago, nst said:

this guy has been around longer since last may when she said they started courting - so back in march when she was being interveiwed on the counting on ep season finale it must have been in the works

so obviously they need a story line and jinger is being sold

No, she said they MET last May (2015). No date given on when the courtship actually began. 

• dawbs locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived